Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Shoprite Opens In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (34882 Views)

When Shoprite Opens In Igbo Land (graphic Picture) / Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 9:29am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare:

whatsupibadan ko,wasoap ibadan ni
Forget it Bro, that site is loaded with up-to-date Ibadan gists...
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2013
Oh my lawd! I haff die grin

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2013
omolomolarinero:
The opening brought in everybody from Corporate workers to Students, Hawkers, Okada men, bricklayers, Alfas, Pastors, Nurses, beggars, including everybody that was not mentioned. lol

Within few hours of opening, the mall was filled to the brim, the window-shoppers, the real shoppers, shop lifters, shop-eaters, photo -hoppers, all the shop-shop were present. There was human traffic right within the shopping shelves, that you had to hold your pockets tightly cos of ..em…em…the ‘bros-ess’. I was so scared for the supermarket, shoplifting-ly speaking. To end it all, trust my Ibadan peeps, they turned SHOPRITE to a photo studio!

Well I no blame em. how else can they post photos that must go with the title ‘Shoprite things’ on social media? Hee..eh…he

http://whatsupibadan.com/2013/06/28/photos-from-the-opening-of-shoprite-ibadan/ for exclusive pix
this guy don finish us grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2013
Going to Shoprite Ibadan... undecided grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by crazygod(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2013
U sure that's shoprite or RCCG camp?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by eaglechild: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2013
rodeo0070: Going to Shoprite Ibadan... undecided grin grin grin
Falls off amala mound .....
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by vosquare: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2013
crazygod: U sure that's shoprite or RCCG camp?

lwkmd
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by vosquare: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2013
scipher: Oh my lawd! I haff die grin

abi na
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 28, 2013
The way some peeps were hating on IB yesterday cos of shoprite ehn, you go fear oo.

Some ppl were asking why not PH or why not calabar instead of IB, same thing they said when KFC opened its first branch, "its going to close soon", "people only come to take pictures", now they've opened a better branch at bodija (a drive through).

Goods at shoprite are amazingly cheap, its a huge threat to local marketers, and a blessing to consumers.

IB is going places.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by rozayx5(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2013
i hope they realise the diesel expenses on day one lipsrsealed
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by vosquare: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2013
django1: The way some peeps were hating on IB yesterday cos of shoprite ehn, you go fear oo.

Some ppl were asking why not PH or why not calabar instead of IB, same thing they said when KFC opened its first branch, "its going to close soon", "people only come to take pictures", now they've opened a better branch at bodija (a drive through).

Goods at shoprite are amazingly cheap, its a huge threat to local marketers, and a blessing to consumers.

IB is going places.
land dey 4 ib na

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2013
rozayx5: i hope they realise the diesel expenses on day one lipsrsealed

I was there yesterday and I can tell you that they'll break even before july ending with the way people bought things yesterday.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by seunny4lif(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: ibadan yoruba 4uni pas comedi...soprite
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin Falls from ewedu tree...

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by chatterly: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2013
I wonder why the negative comments,it seems some folks here like crying more than the bereaved, shop rite made a business decision to open in a place where there is a large population(potential market)and some guys are only interested in seeing the negatives,i am not from IB but grew up there and will always relate to the place,the same way someone that grew up in Enugu,Kaduna,Jos or any of the traditional towns will.If Ibadan is dirty or backward let those that live there deal with it.As usual before long the whole issue will take a tribal connotation.please let us be guided in the way we do things.If something is bad,condemn it...
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by vosquare: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2013
chatterly: I wonder why the negative comments,it seems some folks here like crying more than the bereaved, shop rite made a business decision to open in a place where there is a large population(potential market)and some guys are only interested in seeing the negatives,i am not from IB but grew up there and will always relate to the place,the same way someone that grew up in Enugu,Kaduna,Jos or any of the traditional towns will.If Ibadan is dirty or backward let those that live there deal with it.As usual before long the whole issue will take a tribal connotation.please let us be guided in the way we do things.If something is bad,condemn it...

una lyk stori

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by emmanuel4758(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2013
my frnds in ibadan help me destroy dat shoprite cuz s.a matter no be small tin culd u imagine s.a army tell me dis mornin in pretoria to jump like nwa awoh because i was just pasin on d street and just wave hand to gay convoy called obama infact my waist dey pain me make i go luk for ladies way feet masarge my bak.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by ifejilikja(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2013
awaiting one in asaba soonest
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by seunny4lif(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2013
rodeo0070: Going to Shoprite Ibadan... undecided grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by deols(f): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: dat local nd dirty ib...y dem no kum abk

Who is this one?

Are you seriously comparing ibadan with Abeokuta?
You must be dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by deols(f): 10:00am On Jun 28, 2013
I-B.:

Beside cocoa house in Dugbe.
Mr Price and film house are also around cocoa house.

But film house should reduce their charges for a movie, N500 on weekends and N1000 in the week. That is too much angry angry

Foodco has been in Ibadan for over 6months or more now. One is at Odua complex around best way and the one around I think eleyele.
Kfc also has also opened its two branches, one at Bodija along Awolowo avenue and the other one around dugbe.

The pic below is the foodco at odua complex, don't mind my poor pic.

Foodco has been in Ibadan for many years. The one at oodua complex is just the newest.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by deols(f): 10:02am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: ibadan yoruba 4uni pas comedi...soprite

Isn't it dumb to think people speak that way in Ibadan? Apart from the sutin for shooting, no other silliness is allowed from any hating quarter..
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Elj1: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2013
I-B.:

But film house should reduce their charges for a movie, N500 on weekends and N1000 in the week. That is too much angry angry

Foodco has been in Ibadan for over 6months or more now. One is at Odua complex around best way and the one around I think eleyele.
Kfc also has also opened its two branches, one at Bodija along Awolowo avenue and the other one around dugbe.

Sorry, about the bolded. Foodco has been in Ibadan for over 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Isiterere(m): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Ogbeche77: Report has it that customers who visited shoprite on it first day of opening in ibadan were over 102,000, but they recorded just N35,000 sale grin

Suprite ni ilu ibadan, Aku sopping ooo... Sopping atu wa lara ooo grin grin
I wish I could give u a dirty slap for this senseless post of yours.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by baslone: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2013
I-B.:

Foodco has been in Ibadan for over 6months or more now.
One is at Odua complex around best way and the one around I think eleyele.

6months? shocked
I have been patronizing Foodco at Bodija since the early 90's.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by yuzedo: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Ogbeche77: Report has it that customers who visited shoprite on it first day of opening in ibadan were over 102,000, but they recorded just N35,000 sale grin

**real tears** grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Isiterere(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: dat local nd dirty ib...y dem no kum abk
LWTMRH, Abeokuta of all places. Wonder shall never end...
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by deols(f): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2013
django1: The way some peeps were hating on IB yesterday cos of shoprite ehn, you go fear oo.

IB is going places.

Don't mind the haters jare. Ibadan peeps are self made. Any real people serving business venture will thrive.

Ibadan is an investor's paradise smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by emmanuel4758(m): 10:12am On Jun 28, 2013
abeg make una help me destroy dat shoprite am stil in der custody make i hide my phone cuz one of der army wey luk like chimpanzee dey come near me.....,dis obama men jehovah go osamah dem....
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Elj1: 10:16am On Jun 28, 2013

IB is going places.

Many of these haters are ignorant of the history of this city of firsts. They need ask questions, the reason Globacom was first launched in Ibaban and the comment from its management after few months of launch. All shopping centers in Ibadan are always filled up each time one visits them.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Godson201333(m): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2013

Say wetin Happen na ?kabu kabu suprite ni mon lo ooo
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by drnoel: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2013
Nigerians are so fake..
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2013

Take this...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Condemns Zamfara Blasphemy Killings / Youths Elect Representatives On Lagos SARS Panel. See How To Follow Proceedings / Kwankwaso, Tinubu Absent As Atiku, Obi, Shettima Attend NBA Conference In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.