Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,162 members, 7,860,163 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39808 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

It is not the king's antecedents that cause controversy. Rather it is tinubu's antecedents, the framework that the king must work within, and the history between both men that give cause for concern. I have lost patience with that frog eyed monster. He has dipped into the cookie jar, taken most of the cookies and still isn't satisfied.

Ko ni pe te.

Well, the King is the one on the hot seat here after all, its his decision.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
django1:

Ehm, desola, ibi ti a ba fi elemosho sho lo ma n sho oo, ma gba rakatia e wa ba wa ni'badan o.

Lol...mo toro gafara, amo iwo ma ba awon
Shobole yoke ilu e soro!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Malawian(m): 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

which stup1d loved Oba? Where exactly is your home town in Lagos to call others out? Who are you? Who you be? Nonsense! E don tey wey una don dey sell una useless akara but na today I go take am stone all of una!

Shaki to n sebi ora!

Much loved king my left n1pple!
pls describe it for me kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Malawian(m): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
This is big shame and I urge ACN lapdogs to stop defending this indefensible. What a shame!!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ymNre4gQbT4/ULvjgL4AfOI/AAAAAAAADKo/9GJeCViq5Ww/s1600/Facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg[/img]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked even rhino ? wetin dey shelle today sef embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Ufeolorun(m): 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

You have not answered my question. The reason I asked was to ascertain you people knew what you were talking about but alas seems emotions have taken a better part of your reasoning. What is Iyaloja-general of Nigeria? What does it represent? You talked about democracy and I told you the position is not based on democracy, now you come with this.

I have a feeling the problem you guys generally have is your pride is hurt. You have this nonsensical idea that being Yoruba, you are too educated and enlightened to allow such things to happen. But you were all here when Adedibu was ruling Oyo with attendant chaos everywhere, what did you do then? You were all around when OGD was ruling Ogun with Boys moving around town with guns, what did you do then?

Simple iyaloja that has no relationship with democracy, you are acusing Tinubu of being anti-democratic. Whoever told you the position was democratic?

Tinubu being a street smart politician knows you people lack insight in this matters. He is a politician who knows the importance of market women on his side and working hard not to lose that side. If that gets in the way of your emotions, it is your problem. You people can go and vote labour next election if you like. Shior. Who is going to take people that took them one year to realize MIMIKO was a PDP member seriously anyway. If Tinubu loses, it is your loss.

owe yen, ti awon iponri e ni ooo.
There's no need for the highlighted because what i said earlier (ajejapo saya) just encapsulated the whole situation :excessive greed,so don't take this discussion too personal.Your question has already been answered moreover democracy and franchise exist where people come together to make decision on an issue, within wider Yoruba context like i said earlier,who becomes Iyaloja is within the purview of market people and their representatives and that's democracy in its local form.
Adedibus action were deplorable but his legitimacy in Ibadan was never in doubt, we cannot say the same here, this makes it more unbearable.If i were an indigene this is another overreach i wont be able to bear,and can we stop this 'because pdp is bad' talk,we all know pdp is a bottomless cesspit of the absurd this is no reason to continuously over look overreach and this glaring case of conflict of interest and nepotism.
In substance she may be qualified for the post however,from the angle of what has become a trend in Lagos politics,it becomes unacceptable in a progressive society.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ufeolorun:
There's no need for the highlighted because what i said earlier (ajejapo saya) just encapsulated the whole situation :excessive greed,so don't take this discussion too personal.Your question has already been answered moreover democracy and franchise exist where people come together to make decision on an issue, within wider Yoruba context like i said earlier,who becomes Iyaloja is within the purview of market people and their representatives and that's democracy in its local form.
Adedibus action were deplorable but his legitimacy in Ibadan was never in doubt, we cannot say the same here, this makes it more unbearable.If i were an indigene this is another overreach i wont be able to bear,and can we stop this 'because pdp is bad' talk,we all know pdp is a bottomless cesspit of the absurd this is no reason to continuously over look overreach and this glaring case of conflict of interest and nepotism.
In substance she may be qualified for the post however,from the angle of what has become a trend in Lagos politics,it becomes unacceptable in a progressive society.

Thank you!

Excellent rebuttal!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by talktimi(m): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
All you guys attacking Desola should realize she has a right to her views which in this case are popular. We cant give a dog a bad name just because we want to hang it (Desola), nepotism will always be nepotism & this lady speaks the truth.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

And some folks believe in the impartiality of the Oba in selecting Tinubu's daughter.

Tinubu thinks his poo don't stink because the yes men are having peppersoup while he takes a dump.

Has Tinubu done anything wrong or violated any law here is the point.

There was a time in US when George Bush(Whose father was a Senator) was President, His first son was Governor of Texas (later president) his second son was Governor of Florida

2 of the 5 biggest states in the country

Was there any wrong doing in the scenario.

Several Kennedy's have been political office holders in the past decades

Is there any wrong doing in any of these?

Similar to Tinubu having his wife and Inlaw in Political positions which they were elected into and His daughter appointed
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by igboboy1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Hahaha omo nna to n ko Fuji.

If den born you well, send me to akure. Na machine gun I go take scatter allof una go back una filage.

Slander ko, libel ni.

hmmm ofe nmanu and bragging....maching gun ko, machine gun ni....Liver gree you hold stick talkless of gun..mstchewwww

Be proud of your village abeg must everybody claim lagos..AKure is more serene than lagos...

Lastly, you a re warned, dont slander the great EMPEROR Tinubu. No say i no warn you..Dayokanu will take care of you

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
talktimi: All you guys attacking Desola should realize she has a right to her views which in this case are popular. We cant give a dog a bad name just because we want to hang it (Desola), nepotism will always be nepotism & this lady speaks the truth.

Oi! You!

Who is a dog? What kind of praise garnished with insult is this? O so si mi lenu o tun buyo si. O ga o!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
igbo boy:

hmmm ofe nmanu and bragging....maching gun ko, machine gun ni....Liver gree you hold stick talkless of gun..mstchewwww

Be proud of your village abeg must everybody claim lagos..AKure is more serene than lagos...

Lastly, you a re warned, dont slander the great EMPEROR Tinubu. No say i no warn you..Dayokanu will take care of you

The zoo keeper left a cage unlocked. That explains why this jackal is out here.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
dayokanu:

There was a time in US when George Bush(Whose father was a Senator) was President, His first son was Governor of Texas (later president) his second son was Governor of Florida

Similar to Tinubu having his wife and Inlaw in Political positions which they were elected into and His daughter appointed

See reasoning!

I shake my head!

Clearly we are in for a veeeeerrry long ride!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola: See reasoning!

I shake my head!

What do you have against the reasoning.

I am listening
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by igboboy1(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

The zoo keeper left a cage unlocked. That explains why this jackal is out here.

Story story story.
I am an oshimili man, sorry we dont do tales by the moonlight.such as olodo-wa being superman that came from above...

Back to the issue at hand berra respect EMPEROR Tinubu...if you like cry like monkey, his daughter is the oga of the traders association already and there is nothing you can do about it. if e pain you decamp go APGA grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
igbo boy:

Story story story.
I am an oshimili man, sorry we dont do tales by the moonlight.such as olodo-wa being superman that came from above...

Back to the issue at hand berra respect EMPEROR Tinubu...if you like cry like monkey, his daughter is the oga of the traders association already and there is nothing you can do about it. if e pain you decamp go APGA grin

Na that same 'Oshi' go follow you reach grave.

Say amen!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by talktimi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Oi! You!

Who is a dog? What kind of praise garnished with insult is this? O so si mi lenu o tun buyo si. O ga o!
excuse me, if you read and comprehend my post carefully, you will notice that i didnt even slightly insult you but rather said people should respect your right to your opinions.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
talktimi: excuse me, if you read and comprehend my post carefully, you will notice that i didnt even slightly insult you but rather said people should respect your right to your opinions.

Thank you,
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
igbo boy:

How did you manage to escape your cage?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Say amen!

Rotfl grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Its a pity am on my fone. John F. Kennedy lost the vice presidential slot to senator kefauver in 1956. Ted kennedy lost the democratic nomination to jimmy carter in 1980. What are the results of the primaries tinubu's wife and family members contested? Do you think the kennedy's just waltzed into every position they had?

There is a lot wrong in tinubu just appointing folks to positions wilky nilly like a tyrant. Who is tinubu? Support for tinubu should not just be based on defeating PDP. That is history; what matters now is what tinubu does with the power he has. So far he has been a tyrant and is relying on past glory.

A king will arise who will not know Joseph.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by basilo101: 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
Democracy is not entrenched in their history.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by igboboy1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

How did you manage to escape your cage?

ileke idi , the same way you take escape ekiti central zoo.... i was there when you escaped duh!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by igboboy1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Say amen!

what is oshi?
why amen?

I am an oshimili traditionalist.... when you are done speaking conogolese hola back..

Lest i forget, go back to Akure

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
igbo boy:

what is oshi?
why amen?

I am an oshimili traditionalist.... when you are done speaking conogolese hola back..

Seriously, how did you scape your cage?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by aljharem(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
very embarrassing.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
igbo boy:

what is oshi?
why amen?

Isn't akure better than wherever ghetto you come from?

Using akure to sub someone is stupidity.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Seriously, how did you scape your cage?
As soon as he stopped taking his normal dosage of Valium five grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by mbulela: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

See reasoning!

I shake my head!

I have long lost hope in the polity but this particular incident has made my hopeless state irreversible. The fact that intelligent men will even attempt to defend this atrocity is equally as baffling.
Like i said earlier, if you think a clueless daft and inept man like GEJ is doing harm to the commonwealth,better pray an intelligent,manipulative and eternally greedy man like Tinubu does not get any where near the helm of affairs in this country. Else,there will be nothing left soon after. PDP might be evil but it is beginning to look like we actually have no better option out there.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
Now who's that moderator hiding my posts..if these were an Imo vs Anambra thread you would have gleefully sent it to front page without recourse to common sense. Nonsense!. Ban me for a billion years if you like. Whatever stirs your amala. *storms out of thread*
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2013
Truckpusher: As soon as he stopped taking his normal dosage of Valium five grin grin

Lol the thing pazz me o. How can they let that boy freely walk the streets? grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

Its a pity am on my fone. John F. Kennedy lost the vice presidential slot to senator kefauver in 1956. Ted kennedy lost the democratic nomination to jimmy carter in 1980. What are the results of the primaries tinubu's wife and family members contested? Do you think the kennedy's just waltzed into every position they had?

There is a lot wrong in tinubu just appointing folks to positions wilky nilly like a tyrant. Who is tinubu? Support for tinubu should not just be based on defeating PDP. That is history; what matters now is what tinubu does with the power he has. So far he has been a tyrant and is relying on past glory.

A king will arise who will not know Joseph.

So the problem is not that Tinubu family contested but that they contested and won? Or whats the analogy with Keneddy's here?

Kennedy's family contested and lost, Tinubus family contested and won So winning elections make Tinubu bad?

Tinubu presented his family members and they won the elections How is it Tinubus fault that his family won elections?

Maybe the name Tinubu the aura and the support of Tinubu was enough to win them elections.

Kennedys came up and won election, some Lost, Tinubu did the same and whats the big deal about it.

Tinubu stopped being governor or having any political power in 2007 6yrs ago. He presented his family for elections and they won

Kindly tell what Tinubu has done wrong here

Or since anyone is related to Tinubu, they are barred from contesting elections or taking up traditional titles?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
mbulela:
I have long lost hope in the polity but this particular incident has made my hopeless state irreversible. The fact that intelligent men will even attempt to defend this atrocity is equally as baffling.
Like i said earlier, if you think a clueless daft and inept man like GEJ is doing harm to the commonwealth,better pray an intelligent,manipulative and eternally greedy man like Tinubu does not get any where near the helm of affairs in this country. Else,there will be nothing left soon after. PDP might be evil but it is beginning to look like we actually have no better option out there.

Can you tell exactly what wrong Tinubu has done?

His family members contested elections and won just like several other Nigerians, His family members accepted traditional titles just like several other Nigerians

Tinubu is not in any Political office for the past 6yrs

So tell what wrong has he done? By being a Nigerians or by doing what other Nigerians are doing within their constitutional rights?

Can you also tell me its wrong for the Bush family to have several of their sons and grandsons in Political office in the biggest democracy in the world?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

What Buhari And US VP Joe Biden Discussed Today at breakfast / Checkout This Hilarious Facebook Post By Kenyan(pic) / Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.