Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

My Open Forex Trade Journal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Open Forex Trade Journal (3462 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 13 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 8 / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
Oga Sammy... i need breakdown of how i should deposit my money in to my brokers account.. why nigerian bank mediated that and the processes involve? how did u do it? and possibly how to withdraw my money from a broker.. just incase you feel like mailing me, this is my email... arifmuhammed98@yahoo.com or dr.arifmuhd@gmail.com.. thanks bro...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: Oga Sammy... i need breakdown of how i should deposit my money in to my brokers account.. why nigerian bank mediated that and the processes involve? how did u do it? and possibly how to withdraw my money from a broker.. just incase you feel like mailing me, this is my email... arifmuhammed98@yahoo.com or dr.arifmuhd@gmail.com.. thanks bro...

Go to any bank, open a domiciliary account. Get wire transfer details from your broker, go back to your bank with the details and ask them to initiate a wire transfer.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
straneur:

Go to any bank, open a domiciliary. Get wire transfer details from your broker, go back to your bank with the details and ask them to initiate a wire transfer.
thanks dude.. i guess that also applies for withdrawals?
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: Oga Sammy... i need breakdown of how i should deposit my money in to my brokers account.. why nigerian bank mediated that and the processes involve? how did u do it? and possibly how to withdraw my money from a broker.. just incase you feel like mailing me, this is my email... arifmuhammed98@yahoo.com or dr.arifmuhd@gmail.com.. thanks bro...
I use my mastercard debit card to fund my account Xemarkets (xm.com).
Can Also withdraw into thesame debit card. But havn't tried withdrawing yet. There are other means,like "webmoney".

I saw ur mail, will reply soon.

Are you on whatsapp?
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
sammybrainy:
I use my mastercard debit card to fund my account Xemarkets (xm.com).
Can Also withdraw into thesame debit card. But havn't tried withdrawing yet. There are other means,like "webmoney".

I saw ur mail, will reply soon.

Are you on whatsapp?
am off for now... i will be bck on in say 2months time...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: am off for now... i will be bck on in say 2months time...
Ok
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
sammybrainy:
Ok
thanks dude.. i av gotten it.. let me review them..
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: thanks dude.. i av gotten it.. let me review them..

Xm.com is good and they are currently offering 100% bonus till 7th July but in case you miss that you may wanna try ironfx they offer 50% bonus.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by jamace(m): 5:02am On Jul 06, 2013
straneur:

Xm.com is good and they are currently offering 100% bonus till 7th July but in case you miss that you may wanna try ironfx they offer 50% bonus.
Also, HotForex is offering 100% bonus till 31 july 2013.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
straneur:

i will use this weekend to review all of them... thanks for all your support.. since ASUU don strike, i will have time to arrange my self for a big gamble....
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Zither(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sammy, you said your strategy borders on supply and demand analysis. I have also seen potential in it since it is supply and demand that moves the market. The fact is that building a strategy around it using technical analysis seems to be a different matter entirely. Do u have a strategy based on it? I am still on demo and am a reversal and divergence trader. I am currently working on a strategy that rhymes with my personality. I shall be contributing my discoveries and results and also sharing what I have learnt...profits and losses.

Nice thread.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: i will use this weekend to review all of them... thanks for all your support.. since ASUU don strike, i will have time to arrange my self for a big gamble....

You are welcome Mr Nice Guy, am sure you will do better than gambling smiley
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
jamace: Also, HotForex is offering 100% bonus till 31 july 2013.

Yeah but I have never done anything with them before but those listed above. Yes I have account with the two and am sure of their transparency and Hotforex is registered in Mauritius. You may wanna think again.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 9:28am On Jul 07, 2013
Zither: Sammy, you said your strategy borders on supply and demand analysis. I have also seen potential in it since it is supply and demand that moves the market. The fact is that building a strategy around it using technical analysis seems to be a different matter entirely. Do u have a strategy based on it? I am still on demo and am a reversal and divergence trader. I am currently working on a strategy that rhymes with my personality. I shall be contributing my discoveries and results and also sharing what I have learnt...profits and losses.

Nice thread.

Sincerly I've been strugling with that strategy, reason why i haven't been posting much. The only strategy that has made me consistent profit is S&R on d daily timeframe. Made over 200pips last week,so i gues I should stick with it. rather than switch. I'm also on Demo tasting d strategy but would prefer testing it wit a small live account. U r free post ur results here as well.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2013
sammybrainy:

Sincerly I've been strugling with that strategy, reason why i haven't been posting much. The only strategy that has made me consistent profit is S&R on d daily timeframe. Made over 200pips last week,so i gues I should stick with it. rather than switch. I'm also on Demo tasting d strategy but would prefer testing it wit a small live account. U r free post ur results here as well.

To be honest with you, it is hard to realize consistent profit without reasonable knowledge of fundamental analysis. Important economy news can disrupt your technical analysis even thought it seems right. These your strategies are bases and am sure it works but just like every other strategies it lag during news release

Try not to trade during news release that way you will understand it better, monitor economy news more. Jonathan (Good-luck) lol
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
@straneur
Well I dont daytrade,my trades could last for days,so i dont trade based on news release.
I mainly look at support and resistance lines on d daily and weekly chart.
Waiting for tonight to enter trades.
Will post it here

U on whatsapp?
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
sammybrainy: @straneur
Well I dont daytrade,my trades could last for days,so i dont trade based on news release.
I mainly look at support and resistance lines on d daily and weekly chart.
Waiting for tonight to enter trades.
Will post it here

U on whatsapp?

That is the more reason you must follow the news day-trading is more suitable for technical traders but for me irrespective of your style of trading you need knowledge of both technical and fundamental analysis but few people succeed with one though.

On whatsapp yes but don't use it often, dump the phone in one corner
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

That is the more reason you must follow the news day-trading is more suitable for technical traders but for me irrespective of your style of trading you need knowledge of both technical and fundamental analysis but few people succeed with one though.

On whatsapp yes but don't use it often, dump the phone in one corner
responding to economic news would surely distract me from my chart analysis.
Therefore i only look at the "few" major release and close the trade or set my sl at breakeven point,if there is a major reaction.
There are two types of traders Technical and Fundamental. I hv to be aware of d other but focus one.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
1. Business sentiment surveys
2. Consumer confidence surveys
3. Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
4. Industrial production
5. Inflation (consumer price or producer
price)
6. Interest rate decision
7. Manufacturing sector surveys
8. Retail sales
9. Trade balance
10. Employment / Unemployment (Non-
Farm Payrolls)

These are d major news i look out for
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
sammybrainy: 1. Business sentiment surveys
2. Consumer confidence surveys
3. Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
4. Industrial production
5. Inflation (consumer price or producer
price)
6. Interest rate decision
7. Manufacturing sector surveys
8. Retail sales
9. Trade balance
10. Employment / Unemployment (Non-
Farm Payrolls)

These are d major news i look out for

FOMC
PPI
All Central Bank Speech
CPI
ISM
MCSI
PMI
Jobless Claims
Housing Stats
Current accounts etc.

But you don't need to know all but as time goes on you will be able to use and interpret all.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

FOMC
PPI
All Central Bank Speech
CPI
ISM
MCSI
PMI
Jobless Claims
Housing Stats
Current accounts etc.

But you don't need to know all but as time goes on you will be able to use and interpret all.

I trade the daily timeframe chart, these news hv less impact on one candle, (I look @ only only one candle for d whole day). I only use lesser timeframes to time my entry. Its d major economic news lik d ones listed above which have major impact on d economy dat mattrs to me.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
sammybrainy:

I trade the daily timeframe chart, these news hv less impact on one candle, (I look @ only only one candle for d whole day). I only use lesser timeframes to time my entry. Its d major economic news lik d ones listed above which have major impact on d economy dat mattrs to me.

You sound like a pro lol So Federal open market committe, ISM, MSCI, PMI etc are not majors? Okay o. but understand that whatever tf you trade economy impact it all

I am a fundamental trader to the core so research whatever I tell you. All the best!
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
WITH what you guys are dropping... i just realised i have a long way to go.... God Help Us all... peace bro..
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
@mr_nice_guy
lol, @least u'v started now
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by sammybrainy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

You sound like a pro lol So Federal open market committe, ISM, MSCI, PMI etc are not majors? Okay o. but understand that whatever tf you trade economy impact it all

I am a fundamental trader to the core so research whatever I tell you. All the best!
I'm no pro(yet),never said i'm one.
Its clearly you are a fundamental trader, and I'm technical. What works for you wont work for me. You trade based on news impact, I trade based on traders reaction.

Would start posting my results from tomorow.

Happy pipping week ahead
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by zinosleek(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
sammybrainy:

I wld like to know how u place ur trade based on daily candle. Do u use d highest price as resistance and d lowest as support
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

as a fundamental trader, i bet you know how to use forexfactory.com, so i need your help as to the meaning of forecast, actual and previous and what each percentage and ffigure under it mean.. i dont want to assume yet, i need to get the straight facts thanks...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: as a fundamental trader, i bet you know how to use forexfactory.com, so i need your help as to the meaning of forecast, actual and previous and what each percentage and ffigure under it mean.. i dont want to assume yet, i need to get the straight facts thanks...

Sure I can help you with that but that is not enough...You can read bloomberg, cnbc, reuter all major financial news website.

I do technical analysis as well but started out as a fundamental trader years ago. I can recommend a group on skype, is one of the best forex group around.
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
zinosleek:
I wld like to know how u place ur trade based on daily candle. Do u use d highest price as resistance and d lowest as support
from my general understanding, you use larger time frame to look for trends(trading opportunity ) and use a smaller time frame to enter a trade....
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

Sure I can help you with that but that is not enough...You can read bloomberg, cnbc, reuter all major financial news website.

I do technical analysis as well but started out as a fundamental trader years ago. I can recommend a group on skype, is one of the best forex group around.
oga me.. am just a student i dont want to open a financial company.. i need just a sumary of tins and i was refered to forexfactory.. just help me with the forexfactory stuff..
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
i need a breakdown please of how to use forexfactory.com. i need your help as to the meaning of forecast, actual and previous and what each percentage and figures(in '%', 'K', 'B'and 'T') under it mean.. i dont want to assume yet, i need to get the straight facts thanks...
Re: My Open Forex Trade Journal by straneur(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mr_Nice_Guy: i need a breakdown please of how to use forexfactory.com. i need your help as to the meaning of forecast, actual and previous and what each percentage and figures(in '%', 'K', 'B'and 'T') under it mean.. i dont want to assume yet, i need to get the straight facts thanks...

Forecast is the general anticipated figure, actually is the real value that was released while previous is the Preceding value of the same economy release. % percentage, k thousand (344k) B Billion, T trillion.

For instance using Unemployment claims for example, if the actual figure is less than forecast that means the economy is getting better and more people are getting off unemployment, which translate to more jobs and vise versa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Payoneer, A Global Online Bank For Receiving Payment In Nigeria. / How To Buy And Sell Your Items On Facebook Marketplace / Dangote, Ladol Boss Bag FIN Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.