Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Security Tips For Ladies. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Security Tips For Ladies. (17764 Views)

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Tips For Ladies. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
1) What should a woman do if she finds herself alone in the company of a strange male as she prepares to enter a lift in a high-rise apartment late at night?

Experts Say: Enter the lift. If you need to reach the 13th floor, press all the buttons up to your destination. No one will dare attack you in a lift that stops on every floor.

2) What to do if a stranger tries to attack you when you are alone in your house, run into the kitchen.

Experts Say: You alone know where the chili powder and turmeric are kept.And where the knives and plates are. All these can be turned into deadly weapons. If nothing else, start throwing plates and utensils all over.

Let them break. Scream. Remember that noise is the greatest enemy of a molester. He does not want to be caught.

3} Taking an Auto or Taxi at Night.

Experts Say: Before getting into an auto at night, note down its registration number. Then use the mobile to call your family or friend and pass on the details to them in the language the driver understands .Even if no one answers your call, pretend you are in a conversation. The driver now knows someone has his details and he will be in serious trouble if anything goes wrong. He is now bound to take you home safe and sound. A potential attacker is now your de facto protector!

4}What if the driver turns into a street he is not supposed to – and you feel you are entering a danger zone?

Experts Say: Use the handle of your purse or your stole (dupatta) to wrap around his neck and pull him back. Within seconds, he will feel choked and helpless. In case you don’t have a purse or stole just pull him back by his collar. The top button of his shirt would then do the same trick.

5} If you are stalked at night.

Expert Say: enter a shop or a house and explain your predicament. If it is night and shops are not open, go inside an ATM box. ATM centers always have security guards. They are also monitored by close circuit television.
Fearing identification, no one will dare attack you.

After all, being mentally alert is the greatest weapon you can ever have.

Please spread it to all those women u care & spread awareness as dis is d least we can do for a social & moral cause and fr d safety of women.

28 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Nomski0(f): 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Nice tips. Number 2 solution is funny but true.
#thanks
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by martyns303(m): 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2013
No. 3 is funny as hell. cheesy
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Caracta(f): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
I did number 3 recently. I started calling everyone i know and sent lots of text messages. It was funny...but i had no choice. I was so scared grin

1 Like

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Tinoxky: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
O boy! Nobody small tin o!
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by hardaywunmie: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
k,noted!
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Ezedon(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
@ OP thanks alot, i really love this, i ll inform all my sisters and girl friends about it· thank u
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by ace4luv69(m): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
What if d shop u enta is d oga at d tops office for stalkers incorporated?

3 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Odunharry(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
useful 4 ladies....i trust sme ajekpako gals,na dm go gve u d wahala kaba kaba
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by obowunmi(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
Yet, Millions of women and girls are killed and raped everyday.

To a real sociopath and psycho who is extremely methodological this doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Nomski0(f): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
ace4luv69: What if d shop u enta is d oga at d tops office for stalkers incorporated?
Lol.
Good question.
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by vosquare: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
just pasin by
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Caracta(f): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
If you are stalked at night and you enter a house, don't be surprised if you are sent out and rejected.

Four years ago, armed robbers invaded my street and were shooting in the air. I was walking down the street. Everyone ran for cover. I ran into a shop to avoid being hit by stray bullet. The owner of the shop, a heavily built woman, pushed me out of her shop (back into the street) and locked her door.

As for that tip, just pray you get into the right house or shop.

7 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by olu4life(m): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
No 2 is so on point. Very funny but true
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by bcomputer101: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
@OP,

You are welcome with this Nollywood tips.

I pity you!

1 Like

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by olawaletaiwo(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
very funny, na Seun dey incharge..lol
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Odunharry(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
Caracta: I did number 3 recently. I started calling everyone i know and sent lots of text messages. It was funny...but i had no choice. I was so scared grin
ahahahah....u no hold pin or anytn 4 ds una ladies bag make u go use chuk him ear comot pulse?
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
really?? Abeg no try am with warri boiz o!

1 Like

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Odunharry(m): 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
Caracta: If you are stalked at night and you enter a house, don't be surprised if you are sent out and rejected.

Four years ago, armed robbers invaded my street and were shooting in the air. I was walking down the street. Everyone ran for cover. I ran into a shop to avoid being hit by stray bullet. The owner of the shop, a heavily built woman, pushed me out of her shop (back into the street) and locked her door.

ya...it happns..na cos u no fit push am na...u go push am trowey save ur life jo..
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Linoversace: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
...Don't try number 4 if you have Long hair [Brazilian hair] 'cuz the driver will grab you and ... you are dead! grin

4 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by ayee123: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
great tips.
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
Kool
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by MissYuzedo(f): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
Okies am safes in my husband's manshun

7 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by obowunmi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
Caracta: If you are stalked at night and you enter a house, don't be surprised if you are sent out and rejected.

grin grin
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by emmaliveth10(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
hahahahaha....safety tips indeed angry grin shocked
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Gifteey100: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
ace4luv69: What if d shop u enta is d oga at d tops office for stalkers incorporated?

Lolz.M telin yhu da 1 na 1 chanz na
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by dabrake(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
number 1 is on point
Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by Blackteeth(m): 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
So men don't need security tips too? No wonder men are dying and the number of single ladies increasing.

5 Likes

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by vicope: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
MissYuzedo: Okies am safes in my husband's manshun
Finally, Yuzedo don get wife abi na sister! grin

1 Like

Re: Security Tips For Ladies. by ifedun2: 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
No 3 is a gud trick which might work.As to number 2,just pray the psycho does not get to you first.
Above all,lets pray for divine protection;a stalker is definitely nuts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children / Mrs. Tinubu Welcomes First Baby Of 2024, Advocates For Child Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.