Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? (17539 Views)

What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 11:33am On May 30, 2013
Ok, sometimes it's kind of hard and difficult to ask my husband to grab a CD when we want to have some fun especially when one is half awake tongue. I have a 9 months old and na only God, i for carry another belle since when she was 7 weeks grin shocked. I know all about safe period, but konji no dey wait for safe period na lipsrsealed

My question is to those that have been married for long. Apart from family planning thingy, how do you prevent getting pregnant before the time you planned? Help a sister out before i end up with 4 babies in 5 years grin. Matured advice please wink

4 Likes

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 30, 2013
Hehehehe . . . babay mi you too like better thing! wink wink

How hubby and baby? Hope you guys are doing great! kiss kiss
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 12:25pm On May 30, 2013
We are doing great Uju. You've not answered my question na cry At least i know u are not YET pregnant again grin
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by blank(f): 12:27pm On May 30, 2013
I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 30, 2013
baby.me:
We are doing great Uju. You've not answered my question na cry At least i know u are not YET pregnant again grin

shocked shocked shocked Don't be too sure oh! cheesy

I honestly can't help you out cos, we rely completely on Condoms and withdrawals, that is when I'm not safe. It's inconveniencing but completely worth it! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 1:04pm On May 30, 2013
blank: I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.

The bolded makes it a no no for me because we want to try for another baby once our daughter is a year old. This will be an option once we've had the number of kids we want. Thanks.

Ujujoan:

shocked shocked shocked Don't be too sure oh! cheesy

I honestly can't help you out cos, we rely completely on Condoms and withdrawals, that is when I'm not safe. It's inconveniencing but completely worth it! cool cool

Withdrawal? Not too sure if i want to walk out of the theatre when the show is at it peak grin undecided Anyway, condom is still the best bet for now, but DAmn, sometimes its sweeter to just roll over and get it done with without opening your eyes tongue

3 Likes

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by maran1983(f): 3:14pm On May 30, 2013
I use implanon too but I started having my periods from when my baby was 3 months! Babe.me, you could try the morning after pills, I've forgotten the name, just google it.
blank: I use Implanon. It is an implant in your arm. No need to calculate anything or remember to take injections or swallow pills. Good side effect is that i have not seen my period since i started using it. Bad effect is that i have added my baby weight back but i am working on it. It is good for 3yrs.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 30, 2013
Nuvaring. Insert vaginally and remove after 3 weeks (or 4, depending on whether you want to have a period or not). Basically, you only deal with it once a month, it works like the pill. You can stop anytime and get pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 3:35pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo: Nuvaring. Insert vaginally and remove after 3 weeks (or 4, depending on whether you want to have a period or not). Basically, you only deal with it once a month, it works like the pill. You can stop anytime and get pregnant.

bloody hell.....
how's that supposed to fit in vaginally? won't the man crush into this ring during the act? whatever happened to the old withdrawal method.....
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 3:40pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo: Nuvaring. Insert vaginally and remove after 3 weeks (or 4, depending on whether you want to have a period or not). Basically, you only deal with it once a month, it works like the pill. You can stop anytime and get pregnant.

Do i go to the clinic to get that inserted? Won't it slip into the uterus during SEx? Is it available in Naija? Please educate me more. thanks

@Coogar withdrawal method do fail especially when the man get selfish atimes undecided
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 3:42pm On May 30, 2013
baby.me:

@Coogar withdrawal method do fail especially when the man get selfish atimes undecided

he's your husband - he must know the risks attached to being selfish!

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by babyme1(f): 3:46pm On May 30, 2013
maran1983: I use implanon too but I started having my periods from when my baby was 3 months! Babe.me, you could try the morning after pills, I've forgotten the name, just google it.

Thanks. I started seeing my period when my girl was 4 weeks shocked I mean it's God and postinor 2 or i'll have been pregnant again now because my hubby. . . lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 30, 2013
baby.me:

Do i go to the clinic to get that inserted? Won't it slip into the uterus during SEx? Is it available in Naija? Please educate me more. thanks

Nope! I insert it myself, it's pretty easy, very soft, you don't feel it. You don't have to worry about it for weeks. You should see the dr to make sure you are a good fit for it with your health history and to get a prescription but that's all you need the doc for.

Available in Naija? I can't say 100%.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

bloody hell.....
how's that supposed to fit in vaginally? won't the man crush into this ring during the act? whatever happened to the old withdrawal method.....

Easy peasy! Does not interfere with the act at all.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 4:12pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
Easy peasy! Does not interfere with the act at all.

some of us reach further than that abeg....it's still a no-no for me.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

some of us reach further than that abeg....it's still a no-no for me.

Here comes baba biology again o! tongue It has nothing to do with reach, it's very flexible and just keeps out of the way.

Did you say a no no for you? So you're the one that will dictate to madam which birth control works best for her? All because of unfounded kpekusing concerns? Mtschieew! angry

5 Likes

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 4:22pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
Here comes baba biology again o! tongue It has nothing to do with reach, it's very flexible and just keeps out of the way.

it keeps out of the way? it'd better cos if i meet it in there, my tool would cut it.

Did you say a no no for you? So you're the one that will dictate to madam which birth control works best for her? All because of unfounded kpekusing concerns? Mtschieew! angry

who else? her methods must sit well with me for health & safety reasons otherwise she should seal the opening completely with glue. sex is meant to be thoroughly enjoyed. suyaring should steer clear of me bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

it keeps out of the way? it'd better cos if i meet it in there, my tool would cut it.

*facepalm*

coogar:

who else? her methods must sit well with me for health & safety reasons otherwise she should seal the opening completely with glue. sex is meant to be thoroughly enjoyed. suyaring should steer clear of me bedroom.

There's no safety concerns jor and nuvaring does not affect your thorough enjoyment. Stop derailing the thread with your wild tales. cool

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 4:39pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
*facepalm*

you can buttpalm if you feel like....

There's no safety concerns jor and nuvaring does not affect your thorough enjoyment. Stop derailing the thread with your wild tales. cool

how do you know there are no safety concerns? are you transgendered or you are a hermaph?
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by armyofone(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2013
@ ileoba, I heard it will make one gain weight. Is it true?
Really all the fancy name scares the hell out of me. I fear even tampon.
With all the yaz lawsuit you see on tv, I wonder if in the future such will have the same fate?

i'm thinking in the line of having all my kids with less space and then get mine tied or removed.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:

you can buttpalm if you feel like....

how do you know there are no safety concerns? are you transgendered or you are a hermaph?

Okay, sorry there are plenty of safety concerns. As you can see from that picture that the nuvaring has sharp claws set to deploy once the 'tool' comes in contact with it. In fact, it only releases the claws only whatever gets caught in between is completely mangled. grin

Will you allow OP's thread to proceed in peace now?
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 30, 2013
armyofone: @ ileoba, I heard it will make one gain weight. Is it true?

I was very scared of that too but I have not had that side effect. But it's definitely a concern which the gyn also warned me of.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 4:50pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
Okay, sorry there are plenty of safety concerns. As you can see from that picture that the nuvaring has sharp claws set to deploy once the 'tool' comes in contact with it. In fact, it only releases the claws only whatever gets caught in between is completely mangled. grin

flaming sexist!
i am sure such thoughts give you happiness.

it was peaceful until you suggested a device that looks like a male circumcision tool.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by armyofone(m): 4:53pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

grin grin grin Lordy Lordy grin
laughing sooo hard. You bad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by gladiator12: 4:54pm On May 30, 2013
cheesy grin grin cheesy Sorry can't help it
baby.me:

Thanks. I started seeing my period when my girl was 4 weeks shocked I mean it's God and postinor 2 or i'll have been pregnant again now because my hubby. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 30, 2013
coogar:
it was peaceful until you suggested a device that looks like a male circumcision tool.

Yes! Circumcision tools and nuvaring..... mirror images of each other.... See evidence below.

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 30, 2013
armyofone:

grin grin grin Lordy Lordy grin
laughing sooo hard. You bad cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 6:32pm On May 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
Yes! Circumcision tools and nuvaring..... mirror images of each other.... See evidence below.

a nail and a knife do not have mirror images of each other but both can draw blood. ileoba, you are a witchdoctor, shouldn't you be prescribing herbs and tree-barks or concoction as contraceptives? when did you become so refined? tongue
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On May 30, 2013
OP,

Try IUD

and remove whenever you want to have another baby and its not hormonal

1 Like

Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by coogar: 6:45pm On May 30, 2013
dayokanu: OP,
Try IUD

and remove whenever you want to have another baby and its not hormonal

the sight of the string dangling out of the poontang can be nauseating! it has the semblance of an anorexic ascaris worm.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 30, 2013
I depend on LAM the first six months after delivery, then withdrawal method afterwards.i don't plan to space much though.
Re: Married Folks What Kind Of Contraceptive Do You Use? by greatgod2012(f): 7:16pm On May 30, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14 Attributes Of Nigeria Mothers / 12 Things Women Do Better Than Men / How Do I Clear This Guilt Against My Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.