Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:47 PM

How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? (9580 Views)

LAWMA Truck Attendant Killed As Tire Bursts During Guaging (Photo) / How Is Gender Equality And Women Empowerment Faring In Relationships And Love? / LAWMA Begins Street/Road Washing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by jhydebaba(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2013
The LAWMA people in my area don't come for waste disposal regularly but they bring bills every month or accumulated bills whenever they fail to bring the bill.

People are threatened with court actions to pay for the services they never enjoyed. Warning papers are posted in front of defaulters' residence.

During environmental sanitation today, due to Governor's visit, one waste disposal vehicle was stationed in my area.

How is LAWMA Faring in your area?
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by redcliff: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2013
I can relate with what you just said now except the part where people are being threatened with court injunctions or whatever. The real problem is that people do not take these LAWMA bills seriously just like we take our nepa bills. When its time to pay these bills, they would wait for the LAWMA trucks to come and they make payments to their operatives rather than the bank and their operative pocket these monies rather than remitting into their accounts.
It would be really difficult to run maintenances on these trucks and pay workers because there's not enough money in their accounts to do so. So people, please make sure you go to the bank to make payment for your LAWMA bills to enable the management have the needed funds to serve you better.

6 Likes

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by rozayx5(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
last time i was there, MAY this year - there was a time they never came for about 2 weeks
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
dey are absolutely excellent..AJEGUNLE AREA OF LAGOS..right on time..dere bill to me isnt outrageous as pple say..as far as i c wat i pay for..

3 Likes

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by kokoye(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
Wait oh, are you describing LAWMA...or NEPA?
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by hollandis(f): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
fooolisshh country

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Ezedon(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
they re d same all over the nation, but they work only when they collect their salary
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by mesther96(f): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
y nt indicate d statewe wey dey 4 oda states neva heard of LAWMA na
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by jhydebaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
m.esther96:
y nt indicate d statewe wey dey 4 oda states neva heard of LAWMA na
Lagos State Waste Management Authority - LAWMA
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by pheesayor(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
There's a PSP operator for my area in festac and they come every Tuesday. on these days people bring out their waste to dispose and the fee is just 300 a month but people have refused to pay and over the years has accumulated with some flats owing up to 9 thousand naira. some will lie that they aren't always at home but the truth is most of them drop their refuse where those PSP guys will find and pick it.
This is How LAWMA is faring in my area through their accredited PSP operator

2 Likes

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by gulfer: 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
jhydebaba: The LAWMA people in my area don't come for waste disposal regularly but they bring bills every month or accumulated bills whenever they fail to bring the bill.

People are threatened with court actions to pay for the services they never enjoyed. Warning papers are posted in front of defaulters' residence.

During environmental sanitation today, due to Governor's visit, one waste disposal vehicle was stationed in my area.

How is LAWMA Faring in your area?
Same here but they've not threatened lawsuit. They only explain that their truck gets stuck at the disposal site during this rainy season and this consequently contributes to their lagging behind in thrash pick up schedule.

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by BabaEleko(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Abeg make we join hands make naija beta. We no get another motherland o
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Chanchit: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
The estate I recide is very dirty now, cos everybody has dumped their waste in front of each block and they failed to show up, they started this bad service abt a month ago. Had it been its the citizen that failed to keep the law, fine go don slap you for face.

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by JohnnyPalmer: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Never heard of lawma before, if we fall in the same category hit like.
Do not lie oo cos 2dae is the first of the month. Don't start the second half of the year with lies smiley

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
What is LAWMA?
Hope its not related to Obama's African tour
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by igboboy1(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
LAWMA does not exist outside of Lagos...so rephrase your question properly....
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Omexonomy: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
olatunji21: dey are absolutely excellent..AJEGUNLE AREA OF LAGOS..right on time..dere bill to me isnt outrageous as pple say..as far as i c wat i pay for..
dem no de come and where for AJ are you talking about.
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Omexonomy: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
olatunji21: dey are absolutely excellent..AJEGUNLE AREA OF LAGOS..right on time..dere bill to me isnt outrageous as pple say..as far as i c wat i pay for..
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chanchit: The estate I recide is very dirty now, cos everybody has dumped their waste in front of each block and they failed to show up, they started this bad service abt a month ago. Had it been its the citizen that failed to keep the law, fine go don slap you for face.
Bros,reside not recide
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by baby124: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Maybe they need to go to each house and demand the N300. So people will put their rubbish in the right place because they know they are going to pay either way. I can see some people dumping refuse in front of people's houses and running away. If every house pays the refuse fee compulsory, they will all behave. If they refuse, send them bill noni.
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Ntabeh: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
In calabar they r called CUDA.dis guys r excellent in their job bt d present sluggish spirit of the governor is affectng them. Unlike Donald duke tenure.
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by mbulela: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
Waste management is one major issue on which Eko has baje well well.
I consider it a blot in the report card of BRF. I don't know whether it is his area of jurisdiction or the LGAs but since he is often showered with encomium for all the good that happens in Lagos (rightfully), i deem it fit to also blame him for the filth in the city. In my view, LAWMA is a failed agency. Expecting people to stockpile rubbish until a given day of the week is unrealistic and counter productive. This waste management process needs to be revisited and personal waste management tutorials made mandatory for all lagosians irrespective of class. Lagosians are not very clean people(putting it mildly).

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by tboycares: 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
They are so useless...in my area, they will parked their vehicle at far distance and ask us to be carring the garbages from our house to wherever they park.
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Gifted4all(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
Do u think all narialanders are lagosian?abeg rephrase ur question cos i dnt want to gv u answer and my oga at the top will say anoda
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by dridowu: 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dy cme to our office regularly , 2xs a week
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Ajoseopeyemi(f): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
its pretty worse here..they`ve not showed up for 2months..yeye country
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by AZeD1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
mbulela: Waste management is one major issue on which Eko has baje well well.
I consider it a blot in the report card of BRF. I don't know whether it is his area of jurisdiction or the LGAs but since he is often showered with encomium for all the good that happens in Lagos (rightfully), i deem it fit to also blame him for the filth in the city. In my view, LAWMA is a failed agency. Expecting people to stockpile rubbish until a given day of the week is unrealistic and counter productive. This waste management process needs to be revisited and personal waste management tutorials made mandatory for all lagosians irrespective of class. Lagosians are not very clean people(putting it mildly).
People should have bins. You don't expect them to come everyday or do you?

1 Like

Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by ochizo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
They are all the same. Poor service... ridiculous billss... notin works in this country...
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by lohvang4: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
LAWMA has failed woefully, period! It is part of ACN/Fashola failure in his 2nd term. SOme ACN dummy would blame GEJ for the rubbish Lagos state govt is dishing out these days. Check Alimosho LGA (Lagos state largest local govt), it's worse than some village farm roads. An example is Ipaja-Ayobo Road, Ikotun-Egbe Road, etc. You'll wonder if you are in Lagos state. Yet, they're developing the area where they stay while the real voters are left to hold the can...
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Zamoni15(m): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
kokoye: Wait oh, are you describing LAWMA...or NEPA?
hey child go 2 bed ur mama is calling u
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by geezyk(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
As for my area in Oshodi... They are performing brightly,they come to collect refuse at the appropriate time and as at when due... In fact I rate them 10/10.. By the way we're being provided with waste baskets..... Lagos don better
Re: How Is LAWMA Faring In Your Area? by Zamoni15(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
tboycares: They are so useless...in my area, they will parked their vehicle at far distance and ask us to be carring the garbages from our house to wherever they park.
exactly my brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Lagos Area-Boys Drink Ogogoro? (Video) / Scam Alert!!! Hushpuppi, Mompha And Bnaira Got Caught / Top- 10 people of the world with real life super powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.