Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24049 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by siddiq202(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Rossikk: MAIGARI MUST GO.

I so detest that man. His own is just to ruin Keshi. That is his ambition. He started that bonus crisis, refusing to play the players their dues, just to spite Keshi and reduce the players' commitment. Now he has come with this GARBAGE.

WHEN WILL PRESIDENT JONATHAN DO THE RIGHT THING AND FIRE THIS INCOMPETENT, SPITEFUL MAN CALLED MAIGARI?
The president CANNOT sack him, unless you want fifa to come in
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pakonte: u cannot compare the african style of playing d sweet game wif dat of the europeans....d gap is jux 2 wide...local players shudnt b used at world stage cos dey gat no experience....1 question can u take ogogoro to a well tushed bar, placed it on ur table n start sippin...think well

There is nothing like that in football. Okocha went from Nigeria to overseas and dazzled the tushed oyibos immediately. Kolo Toure went to Arsenal and immediately became a star. Coach Keshi turned a home based talent Oboabona into a star and he performed at the world stage.

Ike Uche, Yobo flopped at the nations cup upon their tushness. Please let Coach Keshi continue his good work.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Caleboha(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
Sweet link up plays, possession football that is fun to watch, zeal, passion and desire. Confed cup unveiled the rebirth of Super eagles. These players we heavily criticize as inexperienced formed the framework of improved midfield games we saw. Their attack sense is poor but they'll form d bedrock of a formidable super eagles! I love talented players, I adore skill and versatility, but passion stands tall! These players have shown passion more than any recent SE squad and they hold a lot of promise- we owe them this chance

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
siddiq202:
The president CANNOT sack him, unless you want fifa to come in

The President can cut government funding.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Rossikk(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
Negro1:
y r u talking like a mumu...winning d African Nations Cup is not an excuse for failure.
BTW do u want to compare d teams we played in africa to spain or uruguay?
Y didnt spain bring dere local boys, brazil, italy, uruguay, dey all brought dere experienced players, y can't we?
pls stop thnkin tru ur anus

The problem is ''our experienced players'' are pretty much useless and haven't won us a damn thing in 20 years.

You know that goal Yakubu missed against S. Korea? Gambo would have finished that ball. Ideye and Michael Babatunde too.

So please, forget those old guys.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by oluolajydz: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pls let keshi do his job,we ll evaluate after d world cup.he gave d boys a chance 2 prove dere mettle,they really tried,so nff shuld not interfere in dis till after keshi's contract is up den we evaluate as I av said b4.egypt didn't dominate africa football wit foreign players,nff shuld b concerned wif improving our league so as 2 produce better players,GBAM

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy

Wiiiaaaaat! Waiiiot! The website of the kbt is ww.off that's all

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by godman01(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
Wahala don dey start o.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by siddiq202(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The President can cut government funding.
You right. But do you think the president will do that? Nah
I listened to the president's mid-term report (abi wetin dey call am self) and SE AFCON win is among his achievements. He wont have that privilege if he cuts funding.
Btw SE doesn't need FG fund if NFF do their home work well

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Ustec: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase
. Haruna is a joy to watch..he deserve a place in the SE's team
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by EmmyDe25(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
trigar12: I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#
Yes. Not talking about the local players though, as someone like Oboabona has consistently shown that we have talents in the league. However, the likes of Michael Babatunde, Joseph Akpala do not deserve to be in the national team.. Maybe not just yet. As a matter of fact, Musa is supposed to be a player that will be introduced when the match is in its 70th minutes, but its quite unfortunate that he has a starting shirt in the team, which i'll say account for his unproductive style of play. Meanwhile, Aminu Maigari doesnt even have any footballing antecedent that warrant him to be heading our football or give him the requisite to be saying this junk. I just wonder why we cant learn from other nations by making sure that those who run our football are ex-internationals, and not just ex-internationals, but those who have at one point in time played at the highest level.
Someone like Maigari is supposed to be in the farm producing products that will help our Agric sector and not talking sports. Does he even know the club Michael Babatunde plays for?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by fscream(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
Inik: Unnecessary meddling with the work of the coach. The Nff chairman is clueless and wants to ruin the little success we have been to achieve under keshi.
U guyz surprise me..wats lil success?why dwelling on a past flash of glory. NFF is for once right. Ego management is a core quality any coach must possess..keshi lacking dis value had to replaced experienced players wit club bench warmers n local guyz against world's best..keshi is obviously confuse..experimenting quacks wit worlds best is like learning how to drive on ur first day on ibadan-lagos express road.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Eleponblue(m): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy
www.nff dats all grin

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by badmeat(m): 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
How come maiGARRI wants to select players for keshi?abokis r always drawing us backwardsad
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Sundahjoe(m): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Can someone pls give me the profile of MaiGari?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
fscream:
U guyz surprise me..wats lil success?why dwelling on a past flash of glory. NFF is for once right. Ego management is a core quality any coach must possess..keshi lacking dis value had to replaced experienced players wit club bench warmers n local guyz against world's best..keshi is obviously confuse..experimenting quacks wit worlds best is like learning how to drive on ur first day on ibadan-lagos express road.

Is Osaze not a bench warmer?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ProfOwah(m): 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
for me keshi n his boys tried dare best though there were some lapses, but indeed d nff should thank d caoch n his team for what they had done.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by hollandis(f): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
I think keshi is trying to do anything he wants so it is a meanz of curtailing him.maigiri thumbs up to you.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Georgesmartt(m): 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Let's still give this young man keshi some more times and sees how things turns out.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by onechance(m): 11:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
The players Spain fielded are they not homebased players.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
bigwallace: Am surprised wt d way some pple here re critisin maigari cos of his comment,d man is right keshi took d wrong players to d confed cup,a team dt has no bench or ow else can we explain d strikers performance players lik ujah,akpala who only plays 2minutes for his club,micheal babatunde who is. Bench warmer for his club in ukraine,emeka eze,gambo mohamed dis re untested players nd sincerely keshi should av done beta wt his selections.so I totally agree wt maigari on dis matter!

Just because you saw confederation cup, doesn't mean Nigeria didn't play well. The only team we could have won was Tahiti. If we score 5 against Uruguay they will score six and we don't stand a chance against Spain. In fact, Japan we beat us hands down.
You don't build your team around old players- osaza or ayegbeni, gives those guys some time, they will make us proud. And NFA should pay them what they promised
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by fscream(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Is Osaze not a bench woarmer?
What made osaze bench warmer is never his performance but issues with club and attitude..so never placed someone whose bn premiership noticeable good players with quacks like Gambo
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by barikay: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
the truth is keshi keep malice and went wit inexperience player
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by chronique(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
I support nff on this one. Brazil,spain,italy,uruguay,mexico,japan and taihiti went with their best players. Inasmuch as the team didn't do too badly(performance wise),I still think we would have done better if we went with a strong and experienced team. Anyone who says the confederation's cup is a glorified friendly,apparently has no knowledge of football.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by cman77(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Baba_O: Right move by NFF
It is an insult to over 170 million Nigerians if keshi continues picking ideye for national team over established numerous strikers. At nations cup, ideye was same nauseating to watch. If keshi doesn't have any ulterior relationship , ideye is not a national team material

Nff shud allow keshi to do his job.concernin ideye brown,dat guy is nt a futballer,ave said time and time again,bt sm were quik to criticize me,sm say he is a support strika.de cited instances of him being d 2nd highest goal scorer in ukrainian league(one of d dustbin league in europe like sm1 said).I wonda hw he scores in dat league.d guy is too slow,nt creative,no pace,no skills.he has bin a complete flop like u said from afcon nd even at d qualifiers.seriously,if keshi has no ulterior r/tionship wit ideye,der is no reason on earth he shud nt b expelld from d SE.he is not a natl team material.obasi ogbuke mite have bin a beta replacement 4 ideye at d confed cup.keshi abeg no invite ideye again.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by AjanleKoko: 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nigerians.
Una don start again angry
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by platodeen(m): 12:02am On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=thegoodjoehunt][color=#000099] Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy

www.ogaatthetop.com

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Ogojohn(m): 12:15am On Jul 01, 2013
I hereby propose that the NFF chairman should also be made the super eagles Coach.
I hope the funky mallam will also accept someone to also act as chairman of NFF just as he is proposing for Keshi. Let up watch and see as it unfolds.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Franky9584(m): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2013
Maigari or wot z ur name, wot did u knw abt football? Keshi plz dnt mind dem, cos NFF needs some prayers
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Bosuntop: 1:56am On Jul 01, 2013
If we win nation cup nko?abeg the team is full of inexperience players.The is team is 98% ibo. Bullshit
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Franky9584(m): 2:05am On Jul 01, 2013
@bosuntop, na pple wey sabi football more dan any oda tribe in 9ja. Or beta stil come wit ur boots ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling / Deborah Quickpen Is African Chess Champion! Governor Diri Rewards Her / Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.