Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (24050 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Keshi Will Get His Eagles Job Back After Begging Almost On His Knees - Vanguard / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by SuyaEater(m): 2:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Nigeria is a country of fools amongst fools.....

What players are the NFF going to pick? ....confederations cup is not a priority tournament....
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Afritop(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2013
IF DEM ALLOW KESHI TO SELECT PLAYERS, THEN EXPECT A CRACKER WHEN NEXT WE PLAY A TEAM LIKE TAHITI
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by musiwa24: 4:14am On Jul 01, 2013
why do nigeria dont watch the league because of ethnic hate and they are not interested in watching enyimba from the east play the north or west play the east because they are different people who speak different languagues. only tean from their own part interest them it tell you about the level of hate in nigeria. with that level of hate, any normal person will divide nigeria over the satellite picture.

look at 3sc (western nigeria team ) game and rangers (eastern nigeria team ) , you can see empty seat.. people will not show up. it is killing football in nigeria..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQh1cFn8S38

while if you look at 3sc (western nigeria team ) vs ABS ilorin (western nigeria team ) with a full capacity stadium.

and you will see in this video when they play other team from the eastern nigeria and northern nigeria.. same venue. the stadium is enough.. how can they make money from empty stadium..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFurGzEkCI

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Stiv(m): 4:36am On Jul 01, 2013
trigar12: I support it 100%, keshi has been selecting some funny players that plays in some dustbin league abroad. His list needs to be screened. #my2cents#

Dude, Sunday Mba was a 'funny player' till he won the nations cup. So your 2cents don't make sense. Quit hating, start appreciating. Dazall.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by SuyaEater(m): 4:48am On Jul 01, 2013
Keshi should threaten to quit again if these ediots keep trying to interfere with his job.

Prior to the 2013 cup of nations....keshi tried out alot of players ...but when the real tournament started...he had the best 11 out there.....I cannot believe they are judging keshi based on performance at the confederations cup...seriously.....a tournament that has never produced a world cup winner
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Stiv(m): 4:58am On Jul 01, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase

I don't think you'll like somewhere to meddle in your job. As for the players you called, I don't think they'll do better than the ones we have. Osaze is an unstable fellow, capable of causing trouble in the team. He's a bad influence. He's one of the reasons we didn't qualify for Afcon 2012. I don't think the other players are in form.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Omadachi(m): 5:41am On Jul 01, 2013
I appreciate the fact that coach Steven Keshi should be given a free hand to coach the team but looking at the calibre of players he took to the confideration cup shows that he need help.This is a welcome development.This kind of gambling should not repeat itself again,not in a major competiton in this magnitude.For crying out loud,why do we play friendly matches?
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by senator2k9(m): 5:54am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Please Mr Maigari. What is the website of the NFF? cheesy
the website of NF.....NFFF...... I cannot categorically tell u one now and my Oga at the top wil announce another!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Stiv(m): 6:30am On Jul 01, 2013
oxford: Ok so Keshi won the African cup of nation and he can no longer be corrected abi? Rubbish.
My memory has not failed me. I remember how we were nearly eliminated from the cup of nation just at the group stage. I remember how we watched with bated breath, at the edge of our seat how lowly fifa rated Burkina nearly gave 160 million nigeria heart attack. Truth is we had luck on our side in afcon 2012. so let us not allow that get into our head.

Second, the world cup is a different stage all together and only the very best gets there both for coaches and players. Truth a team that average one goal per match is not a world cup team. Keshi is not yet there, and he must be told that hard fact straight in the face.

He must also realise that he needs our collective input because at the end if we allow he to messed up, we bear the burden. I must sincerely thank maigari and his team for threatening him with a sack at afcon, otherwise he and his team would have slept all through.

now the question is where are these players:
1. Osaze

2.Lukeman

3.Joel Obi

4.Obase

I don't think you'll like somewhere to meddle in your job. As for the players you called, I don't think they'll do better than the ones we have. Osaze is an unstable fellow, capable of causing trouble in the team. He's a bad influence. He's one of the reasons we didn't qualify for Afcon 2012. I don't think the other players are in form.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by vickylinco(m): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2013
though i totally disagree with dat man cald maiga...... Bt i want u 2 kno dat we re buildin a formidable team,spain was nt built in a day.if osaze were in d team,we wont ve discovr oduamadi. Generaly,i give kudos 2 keshi,though he need some experiencd players on bench

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Is Osaze not a bench warmer?
I wanted to ask the fool the same question, but he didn't mention any specific player's name.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 7:40am On Jul 01, 2013
fscream:
What made osaze bench warmer is never his performance but issues with club and attitude..so never placed someone whose bn premiership noticeable good players with quacks like Gambo
Warming the bench was what prompted him to ask for a transfer. Do you watch football at all?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by true2god: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2013
slap1: "This team belongs to 165 million people. Selection should affect these people. . ."
How on earth can a human being think like this? How can you ever get a team that the whole Nigeria will approve? Keshi is a professional, and he has proved it with AFCON trophy! Mai-garri or Mai-beans should let him do his job!
Maybe 165 million nigerians are certified fifa coaches.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by onagoodday1: 8:03am On Jul 01, 2013
ww.nff.*coughs*...that's all

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by raffite: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2013
160 million coaches but only one to blame when the team fails. Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Rockyheight: 8:18am On Jul 01, 2013
Brazil 3 spain 0 imagine the spanish FA deciding to start interferring with team selection. If maigari and co, think they can do a better job as a coach, they should take up the job. I trust that Keshi will resign if it comes to the NFF selecting players for him. Maigari and is fellow travellers are just jack asses.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

They complained and even tried to sack him during the competition. Don't worry, the Boss will shame them again. I trust Coach Keshi, he will never take their list.

U don come again. This man is saying the truth. Keshi did not use our best players cos of personal beef. This is Nigeria affairs not Keshi personal affairs. OK.

How can u invite such inexperience players to play in tournament u have Brazil, Spain, Italy? Keshi made mockery of African Football.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by hectorsector: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2013
Now we failed, at least we know whom to blame. When maigari and his NFF crew interferes, who shall we blame in defeat? Definitely not Keshi anymore.
We lack leaders indeed.
Maigari should stop growing old and start growing up.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Rockyheight: Brazil 3 spain 0 imagine the spanish FA deciding to start interferring with team selection. If maigari and co, think they can do a better job as a coach, they should take up the job. I trust that Keshi will resign if it comes to the NFF selecting players for him. Maigari and is fellow travellers are just jack asses.

Y u people keep saying "i trust Keshi" is he God? Keshi disgraced Africa.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by barcaboi(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2013
Which kain talk be dat?...did u knw Omeruo,oboabona,mba b4 we went to d Nations cup...mchtweew....bad belle....its d coach dat chooses his team
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by raffite: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2013
PDPwayoo: This is Nigeria affairs not Keshi personal affairs.

Yes, I want select who plays too. It is OUR affair. grin
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2013
Guys lets be mature and OBJECTIVE for once! Ideye and co scoring problem is not now. What is Keshi objective with the Confederation Cup? To test some players and ruin the country soccer image? Ideye problem with scoring is NOT just now. During the AFCON, it was clear that he is at best a supporting striker.

Except for Musa who is ONLY good when played on the right wing, Keshi went to such a competition with nothing. Even in the defence, there are no subs! Against Kenya, Malawi and Namibia, his strikers struggles and his went with them. IK Uche play bad during a game, and he throw him out of Camp, same for Martins. But Ideye? He keeps excusing for the poor buy to be giving time. Till when?

ON THIS ISSUE OF LOCAL PLAYERS Guys give me a break! How far can Naija ppl twist hings biko. No be only OBOABONA, OGU (sub MBA) and subs GAMBO and Eguwekwe? play! At any time I CANT see more than 2 local base on field during a game. SO PLS DONT BLAME THE LOCAL PLAYERS, BUT POOR SELECTION and KESHI arrogance.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by barcaboi(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2013
PDPwayoo:

Y u people keep saying "i trust Keshi" is he God? Keshi disgraced Africa.
keshi chose his players, no tory....wen he won d world cup, u bad belle no open una stinky mouths....we played well in d cup and we'll grow dat way
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ikeyman00(m): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2013
pdpwayoo

U don come again. This man is saying the truth. Keshi did not use our best players cos of personal beef. This is Nigeria affairs not Keshi personal affairs. OK.

How can u invite such inexperience players to play in tournament u have Brazil, Spain, Italy? Keshi made mockery of African Football

people like u is the reason Nigeria is in a mess

wat truth is he sayin? wat does he know about football to be telling us the truth

can the same men tell us the reason return ticket was booked after ivory coast match

maybe u should tell us

bad belle has be destroying our country since the last 60 yrs and so for how long shall it continue?

what has the same man done to improve football in Nigeria with the money they get from fifa and oil money

chop chop then come out to talk rubbish

instead to look for a friendly match to set up this is wat get from a mallam! impressive eh

or is he pushing for an agenda which he believe we dnt know shocked

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by undisputednesta(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2013
jojo2011: When he won the Nations Cup with with the Locals well represented why did they not complain.When will the Local players be exposed if not in a competition that is not in the class of the World Cup.That is why we are backward this area of the world.This is the person in charge of the Nigerian League openly saying that the League is a trash.That is the import,so he is saying nothing Good can come out of the Nigerian Professional League.FOOL
u gettin it all wrong. He won d nations cup wit 2home base player havin a pivotal role. Yes dey do nid exposures but not in a competition of dis magnitude. U still nid not to freeze out a bulk of d experienced playas not dose who plys in non major league in europe. U'l nid dem like d confeds wen odas fail 2 deliva d goods. So try get some of dem recalled. At least keshi seems good technically. All he nids are d ryt tools (playas) to build a magnificient team.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by bolarinwa01: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2013
There is sense in what the NFF Chairman is saying, Keshi should not have the 100% right of selecting players for major Tournament like this, the list should pass through the Technical committee headed by the NFF Technical Director for effective verification and advice accordingly, they can still edit the list if necessary, there is need for all the glass house members to work as a team, not only one man job.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by collynzo2(m): 9:55am On Jul 01, 2013
bolarinwa01: There is sense in what the NFF Chairman is saying, Keshi should not have the 100% right of selecting players for major Tournament like this, the list should pass through the Technical committee headed by the NFF Technical Director for effective verification and advice accordingly, they can still edit the list if necessary, there is need for all the glass house members to work as a team, not only one man job.
But only the coach takes the blame when the team fails? What you suggested is not done anywhere in the world.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ikeyman00(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
@@@
Emenike targets Nigeria return in World Cup qualifier@

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23020955
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by kingthreat(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2013
I wonder how many local players Keshi wants to test before he can have a team. We have many made players who are losing their place in the Super Eagles cos of this rebuilding sh!t i've been hearing since Onigbinde's time. If Nigeria were Spain, the likes of Xavi, David Villa, Alonso, would have retired from international football by now.
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2013
They were not d same set of players dat won d afcon, emeka eze, gambo, ogu and oduamadi didnt win afcon

same set of players that won AFC. Do expect nigeria to qualify at the expense of spain and uruguay. Spain is in the finals and uruguay is fighting for third place.[/quote]
Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by hiltop2: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2013

ehmmnn, ehmmn www.NFF..... daz all

1 Like

Re: Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF by ikeyman00(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2013
ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling / Deborah Quickpen Is African Chess Champion! Governor Diri Rewards Her / Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.