Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (24364 Views)

Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? / Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by RoyalGoat: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2016
As rightly called, Christians are not the only worshipper of God; the Jews are as well. And going by the channel of the revelation of God to humanity there are many things, sacred things Christians abuse in the name of faith. And though these things are not repercussive, yet, they spell our ignorance about the element of our religion, if one would be hypocritic about it, faith.

THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times. Well people shouted, I shouted then.

While this may not be the same for all churches, but I have come to notice something close in every churches: the repetition of Christ names before, during, and after prayer. This is not supposed to be so. The name Christ is meant to be reverenced. Ask in my name doesn't mean abuse my name. So far so good, miracles done in the name of Christ in the Apostles were done not shouting in Jesus name. In and fact, the first act of prayer done by the Apostle had no "in Jesus name' in it. They simply prayed, and the Spirit tendered the prayer in the name of Christ.

Every believer has what God called a seal on him, in that, when you communicate with God the seal do so in the reverenced name of Christ. Joining people to shout in Jesus name therefore may be extraneous or quite unnecessary.

THE BLOOD OF JESUS: Maybe it's ignorance I can't say or lack of foundational knowledge about what the great sacrifice is all about. The blood of Christ sanctifies. And if we are willing to go deep into deep things, it protects but not the protection we Christians assumed for it.

The blood as a means of protection, is a shield not only for humans but as well for angels to prevent them and us falling into apostasy now, and in the world to come. It is by credibility of the blood Michael will be able to defeat Lucifer in the second heavens, because by virtue of the blood, all God angels including Michael are immune to Lucifer seduction. Defeating them by the blood doesn't mean they will be shouting "I cover you in the blood of Jesus."

TITHING: It may not be that obvious, but tithing is sure a sacred thing as far as God is concerned. But well so well not what Christians understand it to be.

Tithes are meant to be paid by farmers and farmers alone in the then land of Israel. This is because the Levite had no land to cultivate, no portion was giving to them. So speaking, to do what God as always wanted for humanity, he commanded a tenth of 'farmers' produce to be given to the Levite so as to prevent lack in the land. The Levite had no land to cultivate, but our pastors to be do. They have places to work.

Payment of tithes in churches should serve a means of providing for everyone's need in the church. This, the apostles understood by distributing every thing the church had to every members. To live and survived, the apostles like every one else, worked with their very hands.

Of course there are more, but these ones concern us the most. We have the prophets, Psalms and the law, let's read them and learn the truth for ourselves instead of disgracing ourselves and God. And if we fall into the 'grace only' category, then let us study the acts of the early church and save ourselves from this modern hypocrisy.

CC: OAM4J

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Molly1991(m): 9:11am On Dec 11, 2016
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Shol3(f): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Shall we pray .. For the people of Akwa ibom that the good lord should comfort them and heal our nation as a whole

Nigeria be healed in Jesus name amen

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by boman2014: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
TITHING: It may not be that obvious, but tithing is sure a sacred thing as far as God is concerned. But well so well not what Christians understand it to be.
Tithes are meant to be paid by farmers and farmers alone in the then land of Israel. This is because the Levite had no land to cultivate, no portion was giving to them. So speaking, to do what God as always wanted for humanity, he commanded a tenth of 'farmers' produce to be given to the Levite so as to prevent lack in the land. The Levite had no land to cultivate, but our pastors to be do. They have places to work.
Payment of tithes in churches should serve a means of providing for everyone's need in the church. This, the apostles understood by distributing every thing the church had to every members. To live and survived, the apostles like every one else, worked with their very hands.
Of course there are more, but these ones concern us the most. We have the prophets, Psalms and the law, let's read them and learn the truth for ourselves instead of disgracing ourselves and God. And if we fall into the 'grace only' category, then let us study the acts of the early church and save ourselves from this modern hypocrisy.

@OP, How is it possble ?? When yor Bible says

1. Deuteronomy 14:23

“Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.”

The Bible says EAT your tithe?

2. Deuteronomy 14:25
“Then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will
choose.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Lizzyfroshey(f): 9:21am On Dec 11, 2016
cool
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Pvin: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2016
Thus says a Christian
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by hemartins(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times

The pastor has no chill.

3 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by MrPresident1: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2016
Hallelujah!!!!
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by koxi: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2016
The blood of Jesus particularly has been abised and many are simolyeven as tithing is no longer acceptable today by God. It was an old law for the children of Israel. Shall I continue?

3 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Hadeyeancah(m): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2016
Great

1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by eph12(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2016
Name of Jesus? I like to believe there's a difference between unnecessary and abuse. Abuse is a very strong word o. Don't you think so royalgoat?

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Bhuldoxxa(m): 9:28am On Dec 11, 2016
It was not specified how many times we should call the name of Jesus.
Therefore, calling the name often means you are carrying Him all the way. (Beginning, middle and end)
I remember the disciples telling Jesus that some people elsewhere where performing miracles and he asked them in whose name, and they replied in your name.
What did Peter say at the beautiful gate?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by engrjacuzzi: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2016
royalgoat what a name! I'm sure for you to have nicknamed yourself as Royal goat looks as if u resemble goat.
I can't but laugh... your points are noted!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by chuose2: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2016
NO BE ABUSE ADEBOYE DEY ABUSE TITHING, WHEN EIN SAY TITHE IN DOLLAR$?. angry
Xeedorf:
Why I'm Even More Convinced Pastor Adeboye Is A Charlatan By Dr. Ijabla Raymond
"Sow In Dollars If You Want Returns In Dollars, And Use The Biggest Denomination" ~ Pastor E.A Adeboye
in "Open Heavens" Volume 12; 20 November 2012. (ISBN: 978-36079-4-4)

1). If you want returns in Dollars, sow in Dollars. Do not sow in Naira and be expecting a harvest in Euro. It does not work like that.
2). It is the particular denomination that you use that God will multiply and return to you.
3). Do yourself a favor by using the biggest denominations so as to get the greatest harvest

For the reader's convenience, I have captured the entire exhortation in three screenshots.

The screenshots are for the people who refuse to believe Adeboye could ever say anything like that. They are for those who still believe the man speaks for, and on behalf, of God. They are for those who struggle to accept that the entire Redeemed Church enterprise is all about money. They are for those who live in denial of the fact they have been lied to and scammed by the people they have trusted and respected all their lives. 

A friend of mine wrote: "The only way to sell a lie is to hide it between two truths." As these screenshots show, Adeboye's exploitative message is cunningly sandwiched between mostly benign exhortations and does not appear until the month of November, right towards the end of his book.

What exactly does an all-sufficient God need money for? Oh yeah, He needs it to fuel Adeboye's private jet. Adeboye and his fellow pastorpreneurs can resurrect dead people and cure every disease known to man, but they cannot cause money to appear from thin air to pay for their extravagant lifestyle - they need your money for that. 

How can anyone justify buying a private jet with the donations of people who cannot send their children to school, afford hospital bills or even eat three square meals a day? The pope does not own a private jet even though he heads the largest church in the world. Neither does the British Prime Minister, the head of one of the most powerful countries in the world. It is difficult to see that our jet-flying pastors have more important jobs than these individuals. As I said in a previous article, their message lacks the power to transform our society. Corruption and poverty remain endemic in our society although there is a church or a mosque on practically every Nigerian street. What then is so urgent and special about their message that requires a private jet to spread around the world? 

If this were truly about spreading the gospel of Jesus then where better to fly to than Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen and Somalia? Perhaps, the witches and demons in the airspace over these countries will not grant our Holy Ghost-filled pastorpreneurs permission to land their jets. It seems the ones in the U.S., U.K. and the rich countries of Europe are so impressed by our pastorpreneurs they have signed a memorandum of understanding which grants open access to the airspace over these countries. 

The fear of witches, demons, evil spirits, generational curses, and the threat of eternal punishment in hell fire is a potent tool in the hands of charlatans to maintain their control over gullible people. It is in their interest to garnish and perpetuate these myths because the continued success of their trade is reliant on the pervasiveness of these myths in society. 

Indeed, it is easier to deceive than to convince gullible people that they are being deceived. Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." In my view, only those who have been mentally enslaved by Adeboye and his fellow pastorpreneurs will defend the screenshot sermons, and they cannot be freed until they have come to this realization.

Ijabla is a medical doctor and a humanist. He writes from the U.K. and can be reached at ijabijay@me.com. You can follow him on Twitter: @ijabijay.

Interested in Advertising? Sponsored Ad
DR. IJABLA RAYMOND
OPINION

CONNECT WITH US
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEEDS
SAHARA REPORTERS
https://secure.saharareporters.com/2016/10/23/why-im-even-more-convinced-pastor-adeboye-charlatan-dr-ijabla-raymond

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397713_image3_png5fb6b9fb09f1795dc718ea6dcb234c98

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397714_image1_png8d1e713769d527db2e65870145893168

4 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by martineverest(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2016
arent pastors thesame ppl that abuse those things mentioned ?

Op,the bible said we shud bring our tithes to the church;did it say we shud private-jet it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Rozaystunna(m): 9:51am On Dec 11, 2016
Jesus changed everything tithing ain't a must

2 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Segadem(m): 9:51am On Dec 11, 2016
Goid
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Miles300: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2016
Pls don't mislead people about calling the name of Jesus , even Christ said this signs shall follow them that believe in my name , they shall cast out devils ... Peter first miracle was with the name of Jesus , when he commanded the man to get up in the name of Jesus !! Then again the name must not be abused as u said , thou shall not call the name of The Lord in vain !!

3 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Jidibia(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
As rightly called, Christians are not the only worshipper of God; the Jews are as well. And going by the channel of the revelation of God to humanity there are many things, sacred things Christians abuse in the name of faith. And though these things are not repercussive, yet, they spell our ignorance about the element of our religion, if one would be hypocritic about it, faith.

THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times. Well people shouted, I shouted then.

While this may not be the same for all churches, but I have come to notice something close in every churches: the repetition of Christ names before, during, and after prayer. This is not supposed to be so. The name Christ is meant to be reverenced. Ask in my name doesn't mean abuse my name. So far so good, miracles done in the name of Christ in the Apostles were done not shouting in Jesus name. In and fact, the first act of prayer done by the Apostle had no "in Jesus name' in it. They simply prayed, and the Spirit tendered the prayer in the name of Christ.

Every believer has what God called a seal on him, in that, when you communicate with God the seal do so in the reverenced name of Christ. Joining people to shout in Jesus name therefore may be extraneous or quite unnecessary.

THE BLOOD OF JESUS: Maybe it's ignorance I can't say or lack of foundational knowledge about what the great sacrifice is all about. The blood of Christ sanctifies. And if we are willing to go deep into deep things, it protects but not the protection we Christians assumed for it.

The blood as a means of protection, is a shield not only for humans but as well for angels to prevent them and us falling into apostasy now, and in the world to come. It is by credibility of the blood Michael will be able to defeat Lucifer in the second heavens, because by virtue of the blood, all God angels including Michael are immune to Lucifer seduction. Defeating them by the blood doesn't mean they will be shouting "I cover you in the blood of Jesus."

Go siddon for gutter jur. U can't even back up ur empty write ups with bible quotations.

5 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Jidibia(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:

Na waoh! see me see wahala. Na ur name? If men were God! Don't be an extremist okay! There is nothing wrong in shouting and calling the name of Jesus in every situation.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by realmindz: 10:00am On Dec 11, 2016
Tithe the biggest scam ever.

Read Deuteronomy chapter 14 and thank me later.

The book of Malachi your pastors use to bully and threaten you has been misunderstood and deliberately mis-used.

Blacks dont read, even if they do, they cant comprehend. It is easier believing than seeking knowledge. people love a bandwagon effect and will rather stick to public opinions.

And here in Nigeria, miles away from Israel are a group of people still practicing ancient Jewish culture.

Talk of mental slavery and delusions

8 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2016
Paying tithe,,,,, cheesy

I'm a Christian YES but I don't tink o would Eva pay tithe,,,,,I will just give offering and donations for projects dat will benefits community if I do have but giving away my little money as tithe to clergymen

No no no .....I will probably go to HELL if dat is d penalty for tithe debtors like me,,,,,I won't carry my money go give my pp wey dae handle Highlander and I go carry leg dae waka,,,,mbanu ,,,Impossible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Okies27(m): 10:07am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:

. It baffles how people like you with little or no knowledge of biblical mystery write about God's word. The good thing is, you can ask the Holy Spirit to teach you cos from your write I can tell it's either you are one off Christian or lack proper understanding. When Christ, he didn't abolish tithing but said it shd be done properly without neglecting other weightier issue. Because the pharisees were hypocritical. Christ came to fulfill the law.
As for calling the name of Jesus , you need to be properly taught. As long as it's called vainly, u can call as million time. It's a name given above all name that all principalities bow to. When it comes to worldly things like clubbing all night n singing songs, u don't get tired but when it's church things, you create "barriers" in ur mind by saying the extent certain Christian mysteries must be done.
The blood of Jesus is a mystery true believers understand. Some believers won't even take communion, which is the blood of Jesus. Jesus said as often as you take it... Requires a clean mind, u just ask for mercy genuinely and u take it. Some churches will say only full members or communicants shd take it, that isn't Christ teaching. My brother, you can plead the blood of Jesus a zillion time as long as you are praying. I urge to go to a church that teaches the word so you can be enlightened by God's word. Don't sit in your home and act like you know the Bible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by IamPrince1: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Good
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by realmindz: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2016
Jidibia:

Na waoh! see me see wahala. Na ur name? If men were God! Don't be an extremist okay! There is nothing wrong in shouting and calling the name of Jesus in every situation.
I will rather call the name of my ancestors than calling the name of a dead Jew and his father who have no single african name nor reference to Africans in their supposed book meant for the world

Matthew 15

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Africa Israel

And here Jesus making a racial comment towards non-jews.. Dog was a racial word used by the jews

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by creamylicious(f): 10:18am On Dec 11, 2016
i need a referral email address on givers forum. net... anyone here willing to drop his or her address thanks
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Okies27(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2016
realmindz:
Tithe the biggest scam ever.

Read Deuteronomy chapter 14 and thank me later.

The book of Malachi your pastors use to bully and threaten you has been misunderstood and deliberately mis-used.

Blacks dont read, even if they do, they cant comprehend. It is easier believing than seeking knowledge. people love a bandwagon effect and will rather stick to public opinions.

And here in Nigeria, miles away from Israel are a group of people still practicing ancient Jewish culture.

Talk of mental slavery and delusions
. You don't read, if not you will know of white folks who gives millions of dollars as tithe. Go to America and see great ministries with crazy tithers. You sit here and blab instead of seeking true knowledge to clear you confusion. Go to church n be enlightened cos God said he will give us pastors after our heart to teach us. You fit spend thousands on a night out on beer with friends but to pay 1k out of 10k for tithe. Tithing is a kingdom principle requiring total obedience. But I doubt if you know that. Seek understanding of God's word to be enlightened of Kingdom mysteries.
Come on, people wey dey pay tithe no dey complain, so in a dey carry am 4 head?

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by realmindz: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2016
Okies27:
. You don't read, if not you will know of white folks who gives millions of dollars as tithe. Go to America and see great ministries with crazy tithers. You sit here and blab instead of seeking true knowledge to clear you confusion. Go to church n be enlightened cos God said he will give us pastors after our heart to teach us. You fit spend thousands on a night out on beer with friends but to pay 1k out of 10k for tithe. Tithing is a kingdom principle requiring total obedience. But I doubt if you know that. Seek understanding of God's word to be enlightened of Kingdom mysteries.
Come on, people wey dey pay tithe no dey complain, so in a dey carry am 4 head?

You know when I see delusioned whites, it gives me some sort of hope that we are not alone in this.

But do u know we are far more religious and yet most backward.

4 Likes

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by xolomonstrides(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:

TITHING[/b]: It may not be that obvious, but tithing is sure a sacred thing as far as God is concerned. But well so well not what Christians understand it to be.

Well you are right about the fact that tithe was produce and not money that is why they were asked to exchange it back to produce when they get to Jerusalem.
Now the question is.
Did the apostles ever practise tithing?
Were Christians ever commanded to tithe?

Please no qoute except you speak from the scripture. Please I beg in the name of God.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Okies27(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2016
realmindz:

You know when I see delusioned whites, it gives me some sort of hope that we are not alone in this.

But do u know we are far more religious and yet most backward.
. Being religious isn't true Christianity. This is the understanding I want you to seek. Christianity is walk with God where total obedience is the key to a world of exploit. Lots of people who don't understand say things about n I wonder. Because you see a supposed Christian doing something without understanding n u generalize it. I repeat it's a walk with God needing unflinching obedience. Just get understanding n u see the light in what I'm saying. Warri has this saying, who no go, no go know. To them that are outside, everything is in parables.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo) / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? / Nigerian Bishops: "All Church Hospitals Can Be Used For COVID-19 Patients"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.