Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (24383 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr Bravo: Well, churches are the headquaters of the hypocrates

Please show me somewhere where hypocrites don't exist.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by yomalex(m): 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
people use religion as a facade
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Meta4element: Lol op u really gat a piont here...seriousLy men dnt lyke d so called "wumen in christ" ladies...seriously u wun't blame i even know 1 gel 4rm awa side...shez fuckinq 37yr old buh lastweek she celebrated ha 28th birthday and dis pesin iz the type dat wil preach,qive u prayerz even 2 the extent of washinq d church...dats life shaaa buT all d same "SHINE UR EYES!!"

......pardon? Please can someone interpret. Am not a Greek scholar.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Vic-jay:
i can't. they are beyond what u see them as.

So is everyone you don't know very well. .....This applies to every stranger.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

That's the sad situation right now. I know plenty guys in this shoe.

16 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by ogahope(m): 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Choicegirl: I asked my 'wife seeking' friend the same question and he kept giving me vague answers. embarassed
Are u homo?. Iam just passing by.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by osifred(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why wouldn't I marry from my local assembly
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by YoshiMaster: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

I used to feel that way before, but not anymore. It is understandable that some might feel that way, but you gotta shake it off!

What she gon do? Eat you when you see her after the "NO"?

Men, I take the "NO" and move on, so many things to focus on in this life, and besides the "YES" always drowns out all the prior "NOs".

The only thing I perceive as awkward, will be trying to talk to every single girl there, that will just be a tad too much(don't overplay your confidence).

3 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by lirusehn(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joblessnez. Go get a life dear
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by ItsUncleDee(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
U dy use Suspension play

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

Many guys don't have the courage to even approach a lady....This in itself can be a big problem because the Bible states a man should seek the woman/wife.

I know many of those shy guys too! No one knows what they are afraid of.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Tmonex: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
omo na true oo...wen ure 2close sumtimes e go hard fa
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Please show me somewhere where hypocrites don't exist.
He said Headquater!!! Don't u understand his sentence.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by donphilopus: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Most of the girls wey I dey eye are from my church, they are decent ooo but E get hw dere B
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by paulokougha: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
We are relatives in Christ.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by anselm791(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Are you kidding me? That would be like marrying the church, in fact its worse than that in my church, it would be like been sold to the church, you won't hear the last of how the church helped you in your life and God help you if the day they would be telling your story to the congregation is the day you decide to miss church, na the whole church go visit you that day. Abeg I like a private life, no vex.

6 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Reason is we see church members as families. Same way you can't marry your sister.

I've even decided not to marry from my state cause almost everybody in my hometown is somehow related to me, i detest incest.

Lwkmd.
Everybody in ur hometown is related to u?
Hmmm
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by debeey87(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Maybe because d topics states ladies. Arent guyz hypocrites as well. Ni temi o, if I like her, I go marry her. Gaskia
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by omigreat: 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
As much as am a devoted Christian and a worker in my church,I don't really like to marry a sister of the same church.most of them are hypocritical and may not really want to show u their real selves till after marriage.I prefer a sister I know well byond the four walls of church.Though I still prefer a godly and religious sister though being religious and having a good character are two different things....
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Danhumprey: 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
MMJ: So, how did this made the front page?
Who among the mods did this??
Seun, call your boys to order. Kindly train them on value recognition
I believe it was because of that thread created by a gal,explaining why men don't date born-again sisters. So the Mods probably were looking for a 'rejoinder'. Just my thought. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Larryupsy: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
The very moment i saw this thread,couldn't just stop laughing because that was exactly what was going through my mind,but the case was too serious to take it serious.my own case is all about this girl that i love so much but her only sin was that she's my church member and a neighbour,bt she was very homely and a wife material so to say but can't just imaging myself dating a church member and even a neighbour due to my own personal policy or should i called it fantansy,but i like dis girl and i'm sure she also have the same feelings for me,bt na dis issue of church naa ni o infact the matter don tire me jare.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
The reasons ar most time latent in the mind but every guy feels the same way. I'll giv d few I can anyway.
If its a dedicated sister...
1. cos u wont be comfortable: she might be too holy to touch the way u wld do "others".
2. U knw the idea of "blow jobs" or "doggie style" etc might be out of the question.
3. U knw dt the church (pastors and reverends) might become the refree, supervisor, linesman... Probably manager of the marriage.#closeWatch
4. If u ar a guy who takes a "bottle" once in a while, a "stick", or a "puff". U knw dat closely watching bride mite be a bad idea ...to add a congregation?
5. It mite appear lyk u had it as ur mission when joining the church.
6. It mite also appear lyk u've been sexually attracted to her. Hence, u ve been "fornicating wit d eyes" for a long time.
7. Gossips... Other haters might av spoilt tins b4 u even start.
I cld add some more...

Bt things wld be easier if its a church with very large congregation, and at least one of u isn't a well known member.

5 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Oyiboman69: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Una No Fit Marry Girl 4rm Church,una Go Wed 4 Church?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Veesuccess: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
ASHAWO Enterprise Nigeria, remains the best connection agent for Ashawo business.We exist to make you happy now and always. We have Agents office in all major cities in Nigeria with an head office in Italy. We are here for real business not jokes. Do you need a sugar mummy that can make a difference in your life, or for fun? A lady that is willing to pay you a monthly stipend of fifty to hundred thousand Naira, or even more. Only on one condition: That you make her really happy. Lets have your choice of lady, and she is yours within 48 hours to 72 hours. The best ladies is what we deliver. You will be linked as soon as we confirm your link up fee. NO CHEATING NO LIES, NO STORIES !!!
Call my hotlines 24/7: 08131832480 / 08051574147 / 08051574114.
TESTIMONIES ABOUNDS AND OUR CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS NEVER COMPLAIN..... JOIN US TODAY!!!!!
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by mployer(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2013

bros ur situation is simply urs. It doesn't describe others.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by oluemmakay(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
I will be getin marid to a sista in my church. Dere is no harm in it xcept d issue of familiarity. Nevertheless, we shud trust God to choos d ryt person for us because marriage is like a coconut...u myt nt be sure of wot u carry until u open it. Happy new month to u all...

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by mployer(m): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Larryupsy: The very moment i saw this thread,couldn't just stop laughing because that was exactly what was going through my mind,but the case was too serious to take it serious.my own case is all about this girl that i love so much but her only sin was that she's my church member and a neighbour,bt she was very homely and a wife material so to say but can't just imaging myself dating a church member and even a neighbour due to my own personal policy or should i called it fantansy,but i like dis girl and i'm sure she also have the same feelings for me,bt na dis issue of church naa ni o infact the matter don tire me jare.
u never mean business I swear. Letting trivial issues like neighbour, church member, effect ur choice of life partner is very imature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by MaziOmenuko: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.

Stop quoting the bible out of context.

1 Corinthians > 7.39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Marrying from another church doesn't imply you're marrying 'outside' the Lord; for although we are many, we're still one body in Christ. Paul was giving an advise for us to marry fellow Christians so that we won't be yoked with unbelievers.

5 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Eyop: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Then if it is the issue of her being a neighbour and church member that is your problem,then you are not really ready yet to settle down. Which one is personal policy? You better wake up oh.
Larryupsy: The very moment i saw this thread,couldn't just stop laughing because that was exactly what was going through my mind,but the case was too serious to take it serious.my own case is all about this girl that i love so much but her only sin was that she's my church member and a neighbour,bt she was very homely and a wife material so to say but can't just imaging myself dating a church member and even a neighbour due to my own personal policy or should i called it fantansy,but i like dis girl and i'm sure she also have the same feelings for me,bt na dis issue of church naa ni o infact the matter don tire me jare.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
nerodenero: “Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t”;
hahahahaahahaahahaahaah 10000 likes! I was actually about typing the samething. Lol let's all stop being NEEDFUL
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluface: He said Headquater!!! Don't u understand his sentence.

....no I don't understand anything not written in a clear and concise manner. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by J0sh007: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
anselm791: Are you kidding me? That would be like marrying the church, in fact its worse than that in my church, it would be like been sold to the church, you won't hear the last of how the church helped you in your life and God help you if the day they would be telling your story to the congregation is the day you decide to miss church, na the whole church go visit you that day. Abeg I like a private life, no vex.
only in a small congregation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Rufus Phala Gives Dettol, Bleach To Members To Drink During Service / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.