Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics (29776 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Mercyu1(f): 6:17am On Jul 01, 2013
why wont he retire since his backbone is dead n he has diverted most of d state's fund into his personal businesses.shhmmmmm
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:20am On Jul 01, 2013
The way they nicely talk...politicians!#smh
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by 2fine2fast(m): 6:22am On Jul 01, 2013
Talk is cheap
Nigerian politicians' talk is actually FREE
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by uruomostephen(m): 6:22am On Jul 01, 2013
if we hav 10 of e type 4 9ja gov.tins 4 don dey chang now, but now theif many pass.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by whitecaleb2010: 6:23am On Jul 01, 2013
He may wish to contest as a senator or president, but failure and total knock-out remaineth his portion...
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by chubaba1(m): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2013
biafran soul: Okwute ndigbo, o ga adiri gi na nma. The foundation you've laid in the wholesome development of Anambra state will forever be remembered. Respect man! You're really a man of the people.
i knw say u no dey anambra...abi i lie
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by BrokenTV: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by luvinhubby(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10: Radio Biafra is hot on his trail. They have launched savage attacks on his personality. Presently, he is politically weak. If he hangs on to politics a little longer, he will be messed for life. So he decided to quit.
Did smoke something?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by sobastical: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2013
Good idea, at least a sign to let the youth to come up.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Ferdinandu(m): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2013
Even as I laud Peter Obi on his achievements.The problem in Nigeria is not old Politician not retiring but recycling of corrupt under-performing Politicians.Because Nigerian Politics is seen as were you go and Loot money Everybody is seen not retiring in Politics as an opportunity to make more money which is not so.That you came and retire quickly but no tangible achievement will not solve our problem .In other well managed economies of the World, career Politicians stay in politics for Life and the People still continuously vote them into Power.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by docadams: 6:48am On Jul 01, 2013
chidindufrank: Good. If a young man like Obi could think of retirement,what stops Buhari from retiring from active politics?
Why so engrossed with Buhari instead of focusing on those currently looting our common wealth and leading us to sheol?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by EASTSIDAZ: 6:51am On Jul 01, 2013
Peter Obi remains is a role model. He achieved so much without borrowing a dime from any bank. Even those that borrowed couldn't achieve a quarter of his feat. Dalu Okwute Ndi Igbo nile gburu gburu..
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by drake2005: 7:04am On Jul 01, 2013
frankyychiji:
What makes d comment shameless and smug? Bet u can't explain. U love to listen to your own voice no matter how horrible it sounds. Smdh!
Typical of ignorant Nigerians. Until you have read and are able to comprehend what he said, then I will reply you.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by docadams: 7:21am On Jul 01, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: Peter Obi remains is a role model. He achieved so much without borrowing a dime from any bank. Even those that borrowed couldn't achieve a quarter of his feat. Dalu Okwute Ndi Igbo nile gburu gburu..
Please, as a matter of urgency, modify the first sentence of your post before somebody becomes a widow.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Biim: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2013
All these people hyping this man I hope you are dwellers, indigenes of or have been to Anambra undecided
He isn't what he paints himself as
Peter obi abughi ezigbo mmadu oh, Tufiakwa for Politicians.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Godswillboy(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen: I agree with all of his points on wasteful government and greed in politics. At least he was bold to say it out. I also believe he will retire and face his business's that he and his younger brother Ndebi set up. 7 billion cash to build the mall in Abuja is better then buying a house in Dubai, at least people will have jobs and everyone will get to use the mall not like one person living in a house every other year. Nigerians are receiving employment from his brewery and we re also getting home brewed beer, so thank you for not being selfish and placing stolen funds in one European bank account. Good luck I look forward to the completions of the projects before you retire from politics in 2014.

ya kudos to him

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by yvonnejoe(f): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2013
Sum nairalanders hav bigg problem dealin wif patriotic Nigerians, wats d big deal in wat he said?? If u cant beat it, eat it.
drake2005:

Very shameless comment as smugly said with fruit of ignorance.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by MikeBetty(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2013
Islamizing naija is around d conner wit d crop of appointment dat apc is parading. i tink south-eastners should disassociate themselve from dis impending danger ahead.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Jonatech(m): 7:53am On Jul 01, 2013
I pray God to see you thro in ur endeavurs.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Ozonna(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2013
cjrane: Gov. Peter Obi had a job,before he ventured into politics.Most Nigerian politicians don't have any job.
That is why they keep running for Senate,President etc and when they rig themselves into a public office of trust,they steal the country blind to support themselves when they are finally forced to retire from politics.

I wish him well and hope he contributes his opinion to the betterment of society.

Kponkwem!!! Some of us seem to have forgotten that Peter Obi was one of Ϯh℮ richest Igbomen before he became Ϯh℮ Governor. He had a flourishing business before he became Ϯh℮ Governor and will simply go back to it. Since he's in President Goodluck's good books, he may even be given an oil block.

Kudos to him
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by greedie1(f): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2013
Biim: All these people hyping this man I hope you are dwellers, indigenes of or have been to Anambra undecided
He isn't what he paints himself as
Peter obi abughi ezigbo mmadu oh, Tufiakwa for Politicians.

obughi ezigbo nmadu and he isn't retiring. forget wat he said, that man is dubious.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by devour129: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen: I agree with all of his points on wasteful government and greed in politics. At least he was bold to say it out. I also believe he will retire and face his business's that he and his younger brother Ndebi set up. 7 billion cash to build the mall in Abuja is better then buying a house in Dubai, at least people will have jobs and everyone will get to use the mall not like one person living in a house every other year. Nigerians are receiving employment from his brewery and we re also getting home brewed beer, so thank you for not being selfish and placing stolen funds in one European bank account. Good luck I look forward to the completions of the projects before you retire from politics in 2014.

as an anambra born n bred i will say you have said it all.the only good obi did is to invest his loot in 9ja.enuf said

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by AdekunleBalogun: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2013
Nobody could have said it better, bow out when the ovation is still loud, with this words you said I pray that God will continue to bless you, for knowing the truth and for saying it and not like some people who knows the truth but have choosing to be quiet God is watching you in HD.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2013
(Listening to surise daiy) common entrance cut offmaark: a pupil in Anambra must score 120 to gain admission while their mates in other places can score just 2 !y?? They can't stop us from producing more Achebes,Anyaokus,Emeagwalis,Ziks and evry great name we have! Inferiority complex of the highest order!!! Obi do something!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by coretechng(m): 8:37am On Jul 01, 2013
olokfor:

SOURCE- www.metronaija.com/breaking-news-governor-peter-obi-bows-out-of-politics/
I wonder why one person should own a house in Ikoyi, Asokoro, Dubai and he is not using them for anything, people accumulate what they don’t need, it is madness, the level of greed in Nigeria is intolerable.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by camelus: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2013
At least Peter Obi retired for Youths to take up from were he stopped,nice move but these old Men in Politics will never leave.
He has joined the likes of Mandela & Thabo Mbeki in Africa !

Thank U Mr Peter Obi.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by laykhorn(m): 9:28am On Jul 01, 2013
Mkpotu: "UPDATED: OFFICIAL FACE of BUHARI/TINUBU APC (AS SUBMITTED TO INEC)

National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)

Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)

National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah. (Muslim)

Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)

National Publicity Secreatary.: Lai Muhammed (Muslim)

Deputy National Publicity Secretary: Isa. Chul (Muslim)

National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq. (Muslim)

National Financial Secretary: Alhaji. Shaibu Musa (Muslim)

National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado. (Muslim)

National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banire (Muslim)

National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North East: Umar Duhu (Muslim)

National National Vice Chairman, North West: Salisu fagge (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North Central: Ahmed Abdullahi Aboki (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, North West: Senator Sule Garo (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, South West: Yemi Sani (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

All as announced by Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff (Muslim).

Note: No Northern Christian was picked as National Vice Chairman or Zonal Chairman;why?

Is it not unconstitutional for INEC to register this ethno-religious party?
NB: This update is necessary in order to answer frivolous allegations that some names were deliberately omitted. Yes, I had omitted the names of persons like Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere and Otunba Niyi Adebayo who were appointed National Vice Chairman for South-South, South East and South. West respectively and Senator Annie. Okonkwo who was appointed Deputy National Chairman South. The reason is because these positions must of necessity go to persons who are indigenes of the respective geo-political zone. They are really not what I call day-to-day executive and functional positions; they are completely peripheral." concerned Christian Nigerian
Senseless mentality! Does that changes the fact that we want development.

I'm Muslim and I voted Jonathan in 2011 Ahead of Buhari and Ribadu... All we want is Change and Development and not some corrupt bunch as leaders

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by lordnammy(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2013
Obi with his holier than thou attitude, to quit isn't the best he ought to have done since he parade him self as honest man in politics. He would have gone far to effect the change he preach.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Chimeluv(f): 9:37am On Jul 01, 2013
He knows he is finished politically thats why he is retiring. He spent his two terms doing little for anambra may anambra never have this type of governor. angry
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by DIVINE78: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2013
obandy: How i wish Ameachi can toe his path, state speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, sign a life pension for himself, and still wants the vice presidency for another 8 years?
Is it civil service? Or greed?
And what about Jonathan? From NDDC board to Deputy gov,from deputy gov to governor, to VP to Acting president and to President.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2013
Nigeria as a country needs Mr. Obi's calibre in the helms of affairs... Transparent, discipline, positive commitment, goal-minded individuals like him earn my respect. I admire him a lot for the lot he has done in Anambra state. I wish him well as I pray we have a successor that will surpass Obi's achievements.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
lordnammy: He would have gone far to effect the change he preach.

Seconded. Though not everybody would have the 'strength' to push further. His survival amidst too many opposition (and he still performed) for a 2-tenure long period is already a miracle. U wouldn't want him killed, do you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Way To Prove That Black Lives Matter Is By Not Bleaching - Reno Omokri / BRT Taskforce Rock Blue & Black Uniform Like Nigeria Police (photos) / APC Senators Attack Saraki, Reject Change In Election Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.