Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics (29770 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
cooltone: One funny thing about this man Peter Obi is that he sees everybody apart from himself as a 'mugu' and also he can lie a lot. The only good thing he did was that he invested most of his loot in Nigeria.

Please can you kindly substantiate this looting claim of yours.. I am from that state and would like to know.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ifechez: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Ifeyinwa88: B4 d end of your tenue please construct road for us. We hv not seen new road frm you when compare to Ngige half tenue

can you list the roads ngige did in the entire onitsha. tanx
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ifechez: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
evryday: I read all comments. Believe Peter you believe anything. The man lies with a straight face. Severally he reneged on everything he said he will not do. The worst of it is that he swears by the lives of his children. He conserves billion for just two children..If he is as sincere as he presents what was he doing with 250million of Anambra money sometime ago. I believe the man has one strong obsession to be as rich as Dangote or even richer. He elevates stinginess to a despicable level and the unsuspecting calls him prudent. But he takes every kobo for himself. Let him go and answer Ngige over allegation of 2 trillion . He impoverishes his aides to create impression he
does not steal money. But we know. The evidence is kept for the rainy day. May God help him for Jonathan to win otherwise his two hands will become one. He should not bother with finding for the people of Anambra a successor. God forbid the people of Anambra state will pray for a successor like him. I recall Ngige once said people think him stingy but warned that in Obi they will witness worst case scenario. He spoke like a prophet. May we never have a successor with the name Peter. He is also a study in deceit.

all these na trash. can you kindly list Mr Obi's lies and deceits here for the world to see.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
chinedum45: Pre Obi administration, Anambra rented a lot of buildings for her public officers.....Peter Obi built offices, secretariats.....Governor's lodge.
in Education....Peter Obi recruited teachers about 2-3 yrs ago. He successful handed over schools back to missions giving them fund and structure to function. When was the last time schools went on strike? Means he is working. Anambra state University can boast of structures, go to Igbariam and confirm. He built a teaching hospital in awka. He equipped all the general hospitals u can visit and ask questions...that is health.
roads, like I said earlier no community even the swampy one does not have a link to towns in anambra. He built them. He rehabilitated roads within onitsha and Nnewi, now he is restructuring upper iweka.
in his wisdom he allied with the president and that has brought FG presence to anambra more than ever. With the building of onitsha enugu road to declaring anambra oil producing state to other good will the state enjoys...all these were because of his relationship with the president....daz wisdom.
there are so many to mention. Visit anambra, ask Okada and bus drivers these are the common men and their answer will make u respect that man Obi.
prudent meticulous exquisite and intelligent. He is the best thing that has happened to my state.....long live Peter Obi......long live me too

I just want to mention that Commissioner Robert Uju Okonkwo is the person who fought for those roads while s in charge of Transportation and Special Duties. That is why he is now the Commissioner of Commerce he is the one that brought Shop Rite to the state. I just want to give credit where credit is due. He is also the one who wrote the budget. Some of my own people tried to ruin his name because he refused to take bribes or help his personal family by giving them salary. He is the real hero behind this transformation.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
ifechez:

all these na trash. can you kindly list Mr Obi's lies and deceits here for the world to see.
Peter Obi has a good team. He is the smartest Politician ever
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen:

I just want to mention that Commissioner Robert Uju Okonkwo is the person who fought for those roads you are mentioning it was a long battle while he was in charge of Transportation and Special Duties. That is why he is now the Commissioner of Commerce he is the one that brought Shop Rite to the state. I just want to give credit where credit is due. He is also the one who wrote the budget. Some of my own people tried to ruin his name because he refused to take bribes or help his personal family by giving them salary. He is the real hero behind this transformation.

...And did your Mr. Okonkwo hire himself to do so, No!

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
My luv!:

Please can you kindly substantiate this looting claim of yours.. I am from that state and would like to know.
Google it!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
My luv!:

...And did your Mr. Okonkwo hire himself to do so, No!
No he did not
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
A governor takes responsibility for whoever he hires to work for him my friend. So he knows and as well approves any job the commissioner has done.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Chillypelly(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
I feel some nostalgia hearing that the lady governor is retiring from active politics after his tenure ends in 2014. He tried his best and we the good people of Igboland appreciate and respect his decision. I will pray fervently that the next governor assembles a crack team of the egg heads in anambra to produce a blueprint that will lead anambra to where she ought to be found. I look forward to seeing the onitsha boulevard project that will accommodate the best business clusters in africa, The Louis Ojukwu Int'l Airport in Oba project, onitsha/asaba mega city project consummated, the refinery and petrochemical plant in aguleri completed and the business moguls of anambra origin to return home with a plethora of investments in all sectors of the economy of the state...

God bless Omanbala
God bless Imo
God bless Enugwu
God bless Abia
God bless Ebonyi
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen: At least we can mention what has already been reported. Why pay billions of dollars in cash for the Abuja shopping complex? Why does your brother get caught with millions at the Corporate office of Next. How did his brother in the states Francis all of a sudden acquire millions of dollar of Real Estate in California ? The truth will all come out nothing is hidden forever.

"What has already been reported", not what you are sure about... I really can't come down to your level, hope somebody does me the favour and put you through
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by bestview: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chillypelly: I feel some nostalgia hearing that the lady governor is retiring from active politics after his tenure ends in 2014. He tried his best and we the good people of Igboland appreciate and respect his decision. I will pray fervently that the next governor assembles a crack team of the egg heads in anambra to produce a blueprint that will lead anambra to where she ought to be found. I look forward to seeing the onitsha boulevard project that will accommodate the best business clusters in africa, The Louis Ojukwu Int'l Airport in Oba project, onitsha/asaba mega city project consummated, the refinery and petrochemical plant in aguleri completed and the business moguls of anambra origin to return home with a plethora of investments in all sectors of the economy of the state...

God bless Omanbala
God bless Imo
God bless Enugwu
God bless Abia
God bless Ebonyi
God bless Nigeria.

The best comment from you ever. Chineke gozie gi..Dalu..
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
My luv!:
A governor takes responsibility for whoever he hires to work for him my friend. So he knows and as well approves any job the commissioner has done.
you are correct!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Egobekee(f): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
Dear poster, pls is Christ king The catholic parish GRA ENUGU. REV FR. MBAKA PARISH. I ATTENDED THE SERVICE.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10: Adaobi retires. . .How this man managed to win the second term is still a mystery to me. God forbid us having such person as our governor again.
U re a FOOL. Would u slight ur own father that way by calling him dat?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
My luv!:
you are right he did good hiring his current team and acting on the advise
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
My luv!:

"What has already been reported", not what you are sure about... I really can't come down to your level, hope somebody does me the favour and put you through
Nna no need to wish ill on others and I am sure of what I am saying or I would not say. He has at least used some of the funds in Nigeria he did his best.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
cosify: Whether Governor Obi wil keep to his words of retiring or not is in d womb of time.I think more people have applauded than attacked him.So it may not b out of place to say that he has done his appreciable best for d people of Anambra state including me.But again,he should not influence next Gubernatorial election results especially d inter-party election which is d general elections,and even d intra-party elections which is d primary elections for all d positions.This wil make him a complete man of d people.
We need new faces and names. People that went abroad for education that can take over with fresh new energy and ideas.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
Okija_juju: So many people showering Peter Obi with accolades here and I'm yet to hear what he has done in Anambra state that is truly worthy of Note..

Sabmiller breweries and Orient Petroleum should not be listed as his achievement as those are privately owned businesses that apart from Taxes and maybe employment of a few Anambraians, is not really a state thing. So I ask yet again, what has Peter Obi achieved in Anambra state in 8 years in all the key sectors mentioned earlier.

Just help me ask them?
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ifechez: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen: Everything he is saying is true. I wish our people really know what goes on behind closed door Peter Obi has a good team. He is the smartest Politician ever but what is in darkness one day must come to light. Nothing stays hidden forever, I have even said to much.

Bia queen. If you would be kind to yourself, can you graciously tell us the things that happen behind closed doors since you know them. Tanx
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10: Radio Biafra is hot on his trail. They have launched savage attacks on his personality. Presently, he is politically weak. If he hangs on to politics a little longer, he will be messed for life. So he decided to quit.

radio biafra? seriously? is that where you get your information from? from misled dumb illiterate fuctards similar to almajiris in the north. abeg!!! lemme hear. Peter obi was a successful business man before coming into politics.. he sat on the board of 7 companies including fidelity bank. he was chairman of next international. that man is an astute manager of men and resources. that's why Mr. president invited him on the economic management team. cost there's no serving governor with such qualification.

he's the best thing that ever happened to anambra. developing all sectors simultaneously. if you know that guy's family story. how poor their widow mum we're and how she struggled to build her riches and train her children, you'll understand why he's the humble man he is.

I was pissed and disappointed when I saw him on the president side I'm the NGF fracas. but that isn't enough to discredit his achievements. afterall NGF is some political pool table.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by legendprac(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
If u have lived in Anambra during this man's tenure, u will just laugh @ all he said and send his prayer back to him....
Keyword: LIVED
I pray he retires and remains in retirement...

Peter Obi is smart, that I give to him....
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
Biim: All these people hyping this man I hope you are dwellers, indigenes of or have been to Anambra undecided
He isn't what he paints himself as
Peter obi abughi ezigbo mmadu oh, Tufiakwa for Politicians.

bros, I disagree.. I was born and raised in Onitsha. in nkpor to be precise and this guy I good.. he's better than even Ngige

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
charitybabe: THIS SPEECH OF HIS IS NONSENSE. WE WANT NGIGE BACK. HE IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO REPRESENT ANAMBARIANS. angry

Ngige that runs around like a political ashawo.. gubernatorial to senatorial... he's just a hungry short man
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
obayaya:

Ngige that runs around like a political ashawo.. gubernatorial to senatorial... he's just a hungry short man

sleep dude!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10:

See, it is not in my character to engage a chronic azzlicker. You are a career azzlicker who must lick Peter Obi's azz to earn a living. I am a bona fide son of Ogidi in Idemili. I don't need political azzlickers like you to validate my origin. By the way, who are you to determine my state of origin. Peter Obi raised your azz from death, not Anambra. How many times have you seen me comment on Peter Obi's thread? You are chasing your shadow o.

List Peter Obi's achievement in government with few pictures. He is politically weak in Anambra, that's why he is running from pillar to post bribing everyone that he comes across. Let the mofo field his successor and see if he will not be disgraced at the polls, even with his rigging machine.

politically weak? you mean he doesn't intimidate Ppl like the uba brothers, Annie okonkwo and the rest of them.

bro Peter obi is way smarter than all the so called anambra political heavyweight. he successful hid all of them..
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
biafranqueen:

I just want to mention that Commissioner Robert Uju Okonkwo is the person who fought for those roads while s in charge of Transportation and Special Duties. That is why he is now the Commissioner of Commerce he is the one that brought Shop Rite to the state. I just want to give credit where credit is due. He is also the one who wrote the budget. Some of my own people tried to ruin his name because he refused to take bribes or help his personal family by giving them salary. He is the real hero behind this transformation.

he's still in Peter Obi cabinet.. and he deserves credit for appointing him, for listening and approving their proposals that are worth it. the governor can't do it all by himself

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chillypelly: I feel some nostalgia hearing that the lady governor is retiring from active politics after his tenure ends in 2014. He tried his best and we the good people of Igboland appreciate and respect his decision. I will pray fervently that the next governor assembles a crack team of the egg heads in anambra to produce a blueprint that will lead anambra to where she ought to be found. I look forward to seeing the onitsha boulevard project that will accommodate the best business clusters in africa, The Louis Ojukwu Int'l Airport in Oba project, onitsha/asaba mega city project consummated, the refinery and petrochemical plant in aguleri completed and the business moguls of anambra origin to return home with a plethora of investments in all sectors of the economy of the state...

God bless Omanbala
God bless Imo
God bless Enugwu
God bless Abia
God bless Ebonyi
God bless Nigeria.

ever heard of the Onitsha business park? the Niger is being dredged.. things have to go one after the other my friend. Peter has done his part. and I dare to say he did well. the next person should continue.

talking about blueprint, have you heard of anambra integrated development strategy (ANIDS) if you haven't, try and read the full document.. it's a very nice blueprint.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
obayaya:

Because he unlike Obi needs politics money to survive, lol. He is a full time Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ojesoj(m): 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
peter obi thinks all would be well with him abi after all his looting for personal investment and business. is that he doesnt believe the bible or has he read the part in Ecclesiastes and Isaiah that woo on looters like him. he would run those business down and sell those estate houses and biggest shopping mall(called [b][/b]NEXT) he has along Gwarimpa road to the man or woman who is pleasing before God.......why do you think they all keeping running into politics. its biblical prophesy being fulfilled
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obayaya(m): 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
ojesoj: peter obi thinks all would be well with him abi after all his looting for personal investment and business. is that he doesnt believe the bible or has he read the part in Ecclesiastes and Isaiah that woo on looters like him. he would run those business down and sell those estate houses and biggest shopping mall(called [b][/b]NEXT) he has along Gwarimpa road to the man or woman who is pleasing before God.......why do you think they all keeping running into politics. its biblical prophesy being fulfilled

what did he loot? and mind you, he owns next international. everyone knows that. and you think it's wise to launder money in your own establishment so all the worst can see?
HABA
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Chillypelly(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
obayaya:

ever heard of the Onitsha business park? the Niger is being dredged.. things have to go one after the other my friend. Peter has done his part. and I dare to say he did well. the next person should continue.

talking about blueprint, have you heard of anambra integrated development strategy (ANIDS) if you haven't, try and read the full document.. it's a very nice blueprint.

Why not listen when elders are on the podium. I hope the ANIDS blueprint you mean is not the one that approved the massive distribution of ambulances on one hand and cheques to missionary hospitals for the construction of morgues on the other hand... The one you mean is a political blueprint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Blasts DailyMailUk Over Its Article Against Buhari / No First Lady Has Been Harassed Like Me, Says Patience Jonathan / Imo Inauguration: Tinubu's Colourful Entrance Despite SIT-AT-HOME Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.