Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics (29767 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by emiye(m): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2013
I think he realises APGA is dead, he successfully buried that party because of the porridge from Jonathan's PDP, if not he should have risen up to the occassion, championing APGA at least across SE. Igbo's need a personality like Tinubu.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by kaze4blues(m): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2013
After using anambra money to buy exotic cars for the useless traditional rulers in the state, he deem it fit to retire.

Kudos to him........

That's why he is actively praise-singing GEJ...he doesn't want to have problem with d funds he looted when he leaves office....

Sharp igbo man

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2013
So many people showering Peter Obi with accolades here and I'm yet to hear what he has done in Anambra state that is truly worthy of Note..

Sabmiller breweries and Orient Petroleum should not be listed as his achievement as those are privately owned businesses that apart from Taxes and maybe employment of a few Anambraians, is not really a state thing. So I ask yet again, what has Peter Obi achieved in Anambra state in 8 years in all the key sectors mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by chinedum45(m): 11:01am On Jul 01, 2013
Pre Obi administration, Anambra rented a lot of buildings for her public officers.....Peter Obi built offices, secretariats.....Governor's lodge.
in Education....Peter Obi recruited teachers about 2-3 yrs ago. He successful handed over schools back to missions giving them fund and structure to function. When was the last time schools went on strike? Means he is working. Anambra state University can boast of structures, go to Igbariam and confirm. He built a teaching hospital in awka. He equipped all the general hospitals u can visit and ask questions...that is health.
roads, like I said earlier no community even the swampy one does not have a link to towns in anambra. He built them. He rehabilitated roads within onitsha and Nnewi, now he is restructuring upper iweka.
in his wisdom he allied with the president and that has brought FG presence to anambra more than ever. With the building of onitsha enugu road to declaring anambra oil producing state to other good will the state enjoys...all these were because of his relationship with the president....daz wisdom.
there are so many to mention. Visit anambra, ask Okada and bus drivers these are the common men and their answer will make u respect that man Obi.
prudent meticulous exquisite and intelligent. He is the best thing that has happened to my state.....long live Peter Obi......long live me too

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by chinedum45(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2013
Pre Obi administration, Anambra rented a lot of buildings for her public officers.....Peter Obi built offices, secretariats.....Governor's lodge.
in Education....Peter Obi recruited teachers about 2-3 yrs ago. He successful handed over schools back to missions giving them fund and structure to function. When was the last time schools went on strike? Means he is working. Anambra state University can boast of structures, go to Igbariam and confirm. He built a teaching hospital in awka. He equipped all the general hospitals u can visit and ask questions...that is health.
roads, like I said earlier no community even the swampy one does not have a link to towns in anambra. He built them. He rehabilitated roads within onitsha and Nnewi, now he is restructuring upper iweka.
in his wisdom he allied with the president and that has brought FG presence to anambra more than ever. With the building of onitsha enugu road to declaring anambra oil producing state to other good will the state enjoys...all these were because of his relationship with the president....daz wisdom.
there are so many to mention. Visit anambra, ask Okada and bus drivers these are the common men and their answer will make u respect that man Obi.
prudent meticulous exquisite and intelligent. He is the best thing that has happened to my state.....long live Peter Obi......long live me too
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by chinedum45(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by charitybabe: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2013
THIS SPEECH OF HIS IS NONSENSE. WE WANT NGIGE BACK. HE IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO REPRESENT ANAMBARIANS. angry
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nten: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Gentle man to the core, right from inception. Kudos! Politician should learn from this.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by lordnammy(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=My luv!]

Seconded. Though not everybody would have the 'strength' to push further. His survival amidst too many opposition (and he still performed) for a 2-tenure long period is already a miracle. He survived the era of Uba's and co he can still survive any other time
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by dgitrader(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2013
Dis Guy:

Why should he be the one to appoint/present a successor?

really?

The people should be able to do that themselves!

the bolded is only possible in matured democracies(i hope we get there soon), dont forget in a hurry the days of nmbadinuju, the uba's, the ingige saga etc, in the state earlier
this is wishfull thinking under the situation in anambra state. let Gov Obi work out similar thing to what tinumbu did with fashola on lagosians or else the moneybags will come back to ravage anambra.... i tell u they are many, so many.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by cooltone: 11:41am On Jul 01, 2013
One funny thing about this man Peter Obi is that he sees everybody apart from himself as a 'mugu' and also he can lie a lot. The only good thing he did was that he invested most of his loot in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by topazjosh(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2013
I think I love this man,really!he didn't borrow throughout his tenure,quite amazing,but why people come they talk say him no try?
I think he can't satisfy every1 though,
Meanwhile former governor of ondo state,dr olusegun agagu once said same thing,this man later declare himself as pdp senatorial aspirant though he didn't win the election.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Policewoman(f): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2013
Peter Obi remains the best Governor Anambra has ever had. They should be proud of him. The first Governor of his kind. The first to get his stolen mandate back through the courts. Anambra is really a state of many firsts:

1. First Governor-general in Nigeria
2. First President of the Federal Republic.
3. First Senate President of the republic
4. First Female Governor.
5. First Multi-Millionaire in Nigeria and West Africa
6. First Gold Medal at the olympics (Ifeanjuna Emmanuel)
7. First to produce an Author of worldwide repute in Nigeria
8. First Masters Degre Holder to enter the Army, later to become Head of State of a shortlived Republic.
9. First to Abduct/kidnap a sitting Governor grin grin grin grin grin

e.t.c. Add your own.... cool cool cool cool
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
genxris:
Fork radio biafra,they speak evil against him because he didn't give them breathing space to exist in anambra state. Radio biafra my nyansh

My brother,follow me ask them. What is the mission of Radio Biafra ? Biafra is dead!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
Obi is a NOBLE man of INTEGRITY. Nobody in Nigerian politics is of his class. He said he would retire after his tenure and he is sticking to his words like a real man.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by cosify: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Whether Governor Obi wil keep to his words of retiring or not is in d womb of time.I think more people have applauded than attacked him.So it may not b out of place to say that he has done his appreciable best for d people of Anambra state including me.But again,he should not influence next Gubernatorial election results especially d inter-party election which is d general elections,and even d intra-party elections which is d primary elections for all d positions.This wil make him a complete man of d people.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
Although I have not visited Anambra State but the testimonials of Nairalanders testify your good works. I pray God to continually bless and keep you. It will be well with you all the days of your life in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by bebechuks: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
You are full of virtue Peter,I wish our president will learn from you. Igbo kwenu! Ya!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10:

Your bad manners can only exceed your bad manners.

So,according to your warped logic,its ok for you to come here lodge a barrage of lies,deceit and insults on a man that practically raised Anambra from death but one becomes a mannerless person when you are attacked ? Every single time you comes into a thread about Peter Obi all you do is smear the man's name and for what ? Who are you ? You are definitelly not from Omanbala because I have never seen you say any reasonable thing about Omanbala. Nwokem,respect is reciprocal. If you don't respect yourself nobody will respect you,get it.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by fuke(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
mikeansy: no wonder he has been licking the President's backside!

he wants to sort himself out forever

I hope he has the grace to allow Anambra people choose their own future and not impose anyone on the State

Very disrespectful and stupid.
Gov. does not deserve this from anybody.

When are you people going to grow up.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by mu2sa2: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
Mkpotu: "UPDATED: OFFICIAL FACE of BUHARI/TINUBU APC (AS SUBMITTED TO INEC)

National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)

Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)

National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah. (Muslim)

Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)

National Publicity Secreatary.: Lai Muhammed (Muslim)

Deputy National Publicity Secretary: Isa. Chul (Muslim)

National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq. (Muslim)

National Financial Secretary: Alhaji. Shaibu Musa (Muslim)

National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado. (Muslim)

National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banire (Muslim)

National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North East: Umar Duhu (Muslim)

National National Vice Chairman, North West: Salisu fagge (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North Central: Ahmed Abdullahi Aboki (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, North West: Senator Sule Garo (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, South West: Yemi Sani (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

All as announced by Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff (Muslim).

Note: No Northern Christian was picked as National Vice Chairman or Zonal Chairman;why?

Is it not unconstitutional for INEC to register this ethno-religious party?
NB: This update is necessary in order to answer frivolous allegations that some names were deliberately omitted. Yes, I had omitted the names of persons like Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere and Otunba Niyi Adebayo who were appointed National Vice Chairman for South-South, South East and South. West respectively and Senator Annie. Okonkwo who was appointed Deputy National Chairman South. The reason is because these positions must of necessity go to persons who are indigenes of the respective geo-political zone. They are really not what I call day-to-day executive and functional positions; they are completely peripheral." concerned Christian Nigerian
Nigeria is a secular state. What does it matter if all of them are animists.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by evryday: 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
I read all comments. Believe Peter you believe anything. The man lies with a straight face. Severally he reneged on everything he said he will not do. The worst of it is that he swears by the lives of his children. He conserves billion for just two children..If he is as sincere as he presents what was he doing with 250million of Anambra money sometime ago. I believe the man has one strong obsession to be as rich as Dangote or even richer. He elevates stinginess to a despicable level and the unsuspecting calls him prudent. But he takes every kobo for himself. Let him go and answer Ngige over allegation of 2 trillion . He impoverishes his aides to create impression he does not steal money. But we know. The evidence is kept for the rainy day. May God help him for Jonathan to win otherwise his two hands will become one. He should not bother with finding for the people of Anambra a successor. God forbid the people of Anambra state will pray for a successor like him. I recall Ngige once said people think him stingy but warned that in Obi they will witness worst case scenario. He spoke like a prophet. May we never have a successor with the name Peter. He is also a study in deceit.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by vinny1276: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
la_unique: Wow! This is really surprising. Anyway kudos to him. If the likes of buhari, obj, ibb, tinubu etc had done the same, Nigeria would have been better for it.

Why drag Tinubu into this issue. Tinubu laid the foundation for the rapid development Lagos is enjoying today.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Rhea(f): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
[size=18pt]St Peter Obi! And you still maintain that Jang won the NGF elections grin grin grin
Politicians grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ACM10: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

So,according to your warped logic,its ok for you to come here lodge a barrage of lies,deceit and insults on a man that practically raised Anambra from death but one becomes a mannerless person when you are attacked ? Every single time you comes into a thread about Peter Obi all you do is smear the man's name and for what ? Who are you ? You are definitelly not from Omanbala because I have never seen you say any reasonable thing about Omanbala. Nwokem,respect is reciprocal. If you don't respect yourself nobody will respect you,get it.

See, it is not in my character to engage a chronic azzlicker. You are a career azzlicker who must lick Peter Obi's azz to earn a living. I am a bona fide son of Ogidi in Idemili. I don't need political azzlickers like you to validate my origin. By the way, who are you to determine my state of origin. Peter Obi raised your azz from death, not Anambra. How many times have you seen me comment on Peter Obi's thread? You are chasing your shadow o.

List Peter Obi's achievement in government with few pictures. He is politically weak in Anambra, that's why he is running from pillar to post bribing everyone that he comes across. Let the mofo field his successor and see if he will not be disgraced at the polls, even with his rigging machine.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by tutaboi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2013
you sounds so emotional but yet i dont trust you. Are u not the person that bought car to all the traditional rullers in Anambra last month..and many other things ....moreover stop telling us about urn family cos they're not in Nigeria ,who knows what u have done for them apart trom buying them car and celebrating birthday with them...."HE WHO BATHS WITH CLOTH SHOULD KNOW HIMSELF "
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Ifeyinwa88: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
B4 d end of your tenue please construct road for us. We hv not seen new road frm you when compare to Ngige half tenue
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Myluv1: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
lordnammy: He survived the era of Uba's and co he can still survive any other time

But he believes he has done the much he could (and he's done good) and decides to move on... Allow the guy be joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BRT Taskforce Rock Blue & Black Uniform Like Nigeria Police (photos) / 10 Things El-rufai Wants Buhari To Do In His Letter To The President / Governor Obiano Sworn-In For Second Term (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.