Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN (6650 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / First Bank 'First Monie' Mobile Money / Mobile Money Business Opportunities: Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by unphilaz(m): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Hello house

I was wondering about the mobile money by MTN. Does it mean that i can change my phone credit to cash or what?

Please those using it can help explain. Thanks.

You see i beleive there is a gold mine if one can easily convert the credit to cash using the banks. For instance lets say you use your phone to generate traffic for advertisement and the people pay you by transferring credit as a mode of payment, say N200 for you to advertise their products.

what do you think?
Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by bigtt76(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
Airtime or recharge card real value is usually less than the face value due to discounts and other hidden taxes you cannot see unlike mobile money which gives you exact value.

In essence, a 200 naira recharge card is just worth 200 naira for calls, MTN cannot convert that to physical cash or mobile money value becos they gave the 200 naira recharge card out to vendors less than the face value, converting it to cash to you would result in a loss to them.

2 Likes

Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by unphilaz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^ Thanks for the advice, but this will be a nice business dont you think?
Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by unphilaz(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Still think thet there may be a possibility... lets say now that i have bought the N200 credit for phone calls. Instead of using it i deceide to sell it to MTN, who buy it but instead of paying me N200, they pay me N170 into my account. Now the N30 will cover the bank charges and their gain.

It sounds plausible dont you think?

1 Like

Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by luluosas(m): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Honestly, if this can come into effect, it will be wonderful.
Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by FakaF: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2020
[I thought about this two years ago.
It will be great if it can be done.

quote author=unphilaz post=16545636]Still think thet there may be a possibility... lets say now that i have bought the N200 credit for phone calls. Instead of using it i deceide to sell it to MTN, who buy it but instead of paying me N200, they pay me N170 into my account. Now the N30 will cover the bank charges and their gain.

It sounds plausible dont you think?[/quote]
Re: Convert Phone Credit to Mobile Money By MTN by FakaF: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=FakaF post=87453106][I thought about this two years ago.
It will be great if it can be done.

quote author=unphilaz post=16545636]Still think thet there may be a possibility... lets say now that i have bought the N200 credit for phone calls. Instead of using it i deceide to sell it to MTN, who buy it but instead of paying me N200, they pay me N170 into my account. Now the N30 will cover the bank charges and their gain.

It sounds plausible dont you think?[your head dey there
]

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That It Is Possible To Get Paid To Write Short Emails For Companies? / How To Get A Loan In Nigeria / What Business Can I Start With 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.