Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas (3710 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:14am On May 15, 2008
www.babefishing.com, the ideal Nigerian free dating site. Click now: www.babefishing.com                                                BE ASSERTIVE:   CONFIDENCE MATTERS
   You see, a remarkable percentage of visa applicants are being refused the visas based on some ignorant factors due to negligence.
   A lot of people here are always busy giving "advice" only on paper works: such as, which paper to submit and which not to submit, which passport to use or what names should sponsor an applicant.
   However, i wish to use this media to appreciate your efforts. But, i must admit that many of us failed to understand that the majority of visa applicants actually have the right documents, and yet they're being denied visas; and even some of those who were caught with fake or fraudulent documents were compelled to take such dire actions due to experience.
   Apart from my job, i'm a business owner, and i've occasionally conducted interviews on job applicants, those of you who know how it is to conduct an interview will agree with me that it's not just the CVs that counts, the applicant impression matters a lot. even more.
   So, it's not just the documents submitted for visa application that counts: a lot of people have all documents, but they were denied the visas because they failed to convince the visa officers of the aptitude that they'd developed in the intended country: these officers are rather psychologists and they cherish applicants with assertiveness ie, you need to display a bold confidence during your interview.
   Below is a link to a useful video demonstration of how to take an interview... The Asian dude got his visa approval in the interview. Take a look at the video and see what i mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8IasdCj_Rw
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by dnative(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2008
Vicjustice:

BE ASSERTIVE:   CONFIDENCE MATTERS
   You see, a remarkable percentage of visa applicants are being refused the visas based on some ignorant factors due to negligence.
   A lot of people here are always busy giving "advice" only on paper works: such as, which paper to submit and which not to submit, which passport to use or what names should sponsor an applicant.
   However, i wish to use this media to appreciate your efforts. But, i must admit that many of us failed to understand that the majority of visa applicants actually have the right documents, and yet they're being denied visas; and even some of those who were caught with fake or fraudulent documents were compelled to take such dire actions due to experience.
   Apart from my job, i'm a business owner, and i've occasionally conducted interviews on job applicants, those of you who know how it is to conduct an interview will agree with me that it's not just the CVs that counts, the applicant impression matters a lot. even more.
   So, it's not just the documents submitted for visa application that counts: a lot of people have all documents, but they were denied the visas because they failed to convince the visa officers of the aptitude that they'd developed in the intended country: these officers are rather psychologists and they cherish applicants with assertiveness ie, you need to display a bold confidence during your interview.
  [b] Below is a link to a useful video where an Asian dude got his visa approval after a live interview. Take a look at the video and see what i mean:[/b]

Much as I hate to point out to you (without attacking your person), but it does seems that you are always in a hurry to rush in a new post of some new links without giving much thoughts to the points you are trying to make.

I'm no immigration expert and really do not care much for immigration matters but you should know the following:

That was no live interview. That was just a demo of an h1-b visa interview by some american visa consultants in chennai. Did you notice they were both (interviewer and interviewee) reading from scripts. Where does the display of confidence come into that.
In most live interviews, the interviewer would be in a vantage position (physically higher) behind a glass kiosk while the interviewee would be at the other end (usually lower) of the counter.
In an american visa interview, you don't always have the luxury of explaining away facts over a lenghty period of time as depicted in this video, most times, a visa decision is preconceived based on documents tendered and the brief interview is just for the interviewer to confirm if a contrasting decision (to the one already taken) should be given.

While not underemphasizing the need to have a right attitude, posture, carriage and confidence during a visa interview (and any interview for that matter), they would be of little help where the documents tendered do not meet the requirements. Also have you considered that the visa issuance process as practised by the UK govt refrains from using a face-to-face interview (unless where absolutely essential) in reaching a visa decision but rather relies on the documents submitted by the applicant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by ty4real(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2008
dnative:

Much as I hate to point out to you (without attacking your person), but it does seems that you are always in a hurry to rush in a new post of some new links without giving much thoughts to the points you are trying to make.

I'm no immigration expert and really do not care much for immigration matters but you should know the following:

That was no live interview. That was just a demo of an h1-b visa interview by some american visa consultants in chennai. Did you notice they were both (interviewer and interviewee) reading from scripts. Where does the display of confidence come into that.
In most live interviews, the interviewer would be in a vantage position (physically higher) behind a glass kiosk while the interviewee would be at the other end (usually lower) of the counter.
In an american visa interview, you don't always have the luxury of explaining away facts over a lenghty period of time as depicted in this video, most times, a visa decision is preconceived based on documents tendered and the brief interview is just for the interviewer to confirm if a contrasting decision (to the one already taken) should be given.

While not underemphasizing the need to have a right attitude, posture, carriage and confidence during a visa interview (and any interview for that matter), they would be of little help where the documents tendered do not meet the requirements. Also have you considered that the visa issuance process as practised by the UK govt refrains from using a face-to-face interview (unless where absolutely essential) in reaching a visa decision but rather relies on the documents submitted by the applicant?

I was thinking the same thing cause I checked the link up and the sceneario does not in anyway reflects a true life interview but since you don talk am,all I can say is nairaland makes one to get wiser but for some people they keep deteriorating in their posts! sad
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by ernal(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2008
dnative ,well said,No mind that Vic-nonsense, wasnt he the guy driving in Greece way him car somersault(this guy again), well Mr Vic at ri e(we don see U). grin
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by pahtahkee: 7:49am On May 16, 2008
Agglomeration of balderdash!

No embassy in the world will insert a live interview on youtube of all places.

@ Vicjustice,

I thought you call yourself a visa proficient adviser, so you do not know that embassies are not allowed to disclosed third case parties Hope you even know the meaning of what I have just stated.

And again, why do you live your life on youtube? Every of your silly and puerile arguments on nairaland has been based on youtube videos.

Nigerians are witches. . . . . . . . Youtube link

No good thing in Nigeria. . . . . . . Youtube link

Nigerians are drug addicts. . . . . . . Youtube link

Definition of Obasanjo. . . . . . . . . . . . .Youtube link

Now this topic again. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Youtube link

How much is youtube paying you?

A lot more of your topics like that, as you keep coming up with it everytime. May God have mercy on your lying and deceitful soul.

@ dnative,
You have succinctly stated it all well.
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by ty4real(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2008
@Moderator!

WELL DONE SIR!

I was hoping to catch the essay here this morning but since it is gone,no wahala grin grin grin
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by Tegese: 12:02pm On May 16, 2008
@partaki and supporters, whatever has a beginning should have an end. but in the case with your grudges against the poster, i am yet to understand the beginning of it all, and i can't see you putting an end to the struggle. this is nairaland, it is an internet world so there is no need for anyone to entertain a resentment strong enough to justify personal attack at such lengthy period.
ok lets say the poster offended you, if so, did you inform him of his offence and see if he would not apologise?
or, let say your allegations about his multiple ids are right, why didnt you report to the moderator instead of taking the law into your hands? there is no way you can win a case like this in a court. God save us if everyone has to take the laws into his hand, then nairaland will become a battle ground and that would mean that no noble person will want to be a member.
taking the laws into ones hand is a typical nigerian behaviour:
if you have grudges with anyone, talk with the person.
when anyone offends you, inform him of the offence with integrity and see if he wont apologise.
and if a person breaks the rules of the forum, the report him to the moderator and let law take its course. if all these are observed, there will be no need for personal struggle over nothing.
@topic. whetehr the video was live or not is not the point, if i understand correctly, this thread is supposed to be meant for one to understand the importance of confidence during interview, so lets consentrate on the message Rather than on the poster's error. please, lets let peace reign.
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by vvvjustice: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2008
ddoctor:

It is nice to know that Nigeria are beginning to acknowledge themselves as important as the American. Going for interview in the America embassy is not the same as going to the slaughter house. I see no reason why you should have an iota of fear from the onset. It take guts to get an interactive discussion in the American embassy.

In my case, I introduce myself with the VO when I got to the interview room and requested to know her name. She smile and told me her name. To cut the long story short, we diverted from the interview and she was asking me my choice of candidate in the US election as if i am going to vote. I got my two years visit and I believe everyone has that right to be fearless.

I can give you personal advise if you want. Just give a post. Best Regards
   Thank you Bro, tell them. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by beecrofty(m): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2008
WHY IS vicjustice ALWAYS THINKING HE KNOWS ALL I WONDER HOW HE EVER GOT TO EUROPE IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND ALWAYS THINKING BECAUSE HE LIVES IN EUROPE THEN HE AUTOMATICALLY KNOWS EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW IN THE WORLD, I BET I LIVE BETTER AND KNOW BETTER THAN HE DOES GANNN,

@vic
OLD MAN LIKE YOU, WETIN GANN
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by benincitys(f): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2008
beecrofty@ do you know any shipping company in germany ? i have some goods to ship to Nigerian .
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by spyxxx: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
I was denied visa due to insufficient funds ..and d amount was 3.6mill...I just wanna if 5/6million will be sufficient anough for my visa to be approved?
quote author=Vicjustice]                                                BE ASSERTIVE:   CONFIDENCE MATTERS
   Below is a link to a useful video where an Asian dude got his visa approval after a live interview. Take a look at the video and see what i mean:

[/quote]
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by nellyelitz(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is not live interview jare,it a demo stage read from a script.
Re: The Major Reason Many People Are Refused Visas by Amosiye: 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
Gurus in the house please I need you advice. How do u check using the irish education bond in appealing. So as to proved that I will return back home after the course of study. The minimum bond is 7000 euro.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Onitsha, Anambra State / I've 8m, I'm Looking For A Country I Can Travel To For Msc Program Apart From UK / Visa To Myanmar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.