Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS (3371 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The governor and chief executive of the centre of excellence commissioning STREET LIGHTS? Wonders shall never end. Smh
verysick9igerian show us the borehole your governor commissioned or better still the anti rumour mongering billboard the prodigy of your boss erected. Those are laudable projects arent they?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by EkoIle1: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
naptu2: That's cool. Island Maternity, Lagos House and the high courts at Igbosere are already on the IPP. It would have been even better if they were allowed to distribute electricity generated at the Island Power Plant.

We started off with 2 hospitals, a court and a few streets, now in no time, we've added additional hospitals, 14 schools, water works, transfer loading station, courts and the best part, TINUBU square and 30 kilometers expansion of public lighting...

They are moving at neck breaking speed and I see them covering the whole of Lagos Island withing a year or 2.

I also love the fact they they are totally boycotting the national grid with fresh underground cable network...

All off just the Island power project.

I can't wait to see them get started with Alahusa power project on the mainland.

We are going to light up every inch of Lagos state by any means necessary...

eko o ni baje o
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by EkoIle1: 1:29am On Jul 02, 2013
The bridge is the first in the country to have street lightings powered by an Independent Power Plant. The Carter Bridge project covers public lighting starting from the Idumota area to Ijora Olopa, Iddo Terminus and towards the Third Mainland Bridge, Adeniji, Ebute Ero and Ofin.

General Manager, Lagos State Electricity, Mrs Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the lighting up of Carter Bridge was part of plans by government to light up at least 45km of roads across the state.

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by naptu2: 1:45am On Jul 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

We started off with 2 hospitals, a court and a few streets, now in no time, we've added additional hospitals, 14 schools, water works, transfer loading station, courts and the best part, TINUBU square and 30 kilometers expansion of public lighting...

They are moving at neck breaking speed and I see them covering the whole of Lagos Island withing a year or 2.

I also love the fact they they are totally boycotting the national grid with fresh underground cable network...

All off just the Island power project.

I can't wait to see them get started with Alahusa power project on the mainland.

We are going to light up every inch of Lagos state by any means necessary...

eko o ni baje o

Yeah, but the sad thing is that the law doesn't allow them to sell electricity to private houses on Lagos Island. That law should be changed.

Anyway, kudos to the government for powering important public infrastructure with the IPP. The lights beneath the bridge remind me of the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge. What great progress has been made since the 1990s when lots of molue and danfo buses were permanently parked on the bridge. I can just imagine how that area will look when the lagoon bridge is completed.

Someone suggested that old buildings in that area should be demolished! I think they need to preserve some of these old buildings as a means of showing the great work done by the saros and particularly the agudas. The agudas were famous for their elegant buildings. They learnt stone masonry and civil engineering in Brazil and Cuba and transformed Lagos with these skills when they returned in the 1800s. Those buildings look absolutely beautiful! All that's needed is a new coat of paint. However, some of those "face me I face you" buildings that were erected in the '80s and '90s should go.
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by EkoIle1: 4:01am On Jul 02, 2013
naptu2:

Yeah, but the sad thing is that the law doesn't allow them to sell electricity to private houses on Lagos Island. That law should be changed.

Anyway, kudos to the government for powering important public infrastructure with the IPP. The lights beneath the bridge remind me of the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge. What great progress has been made since the 1990s when lots of molue and danfo buses were permanently parked on the bridge. I can just imagine how that area will look when the lagoon bridge is completed.

Someone suggested that old buildings in that area should be demolished! I think they need to preserve some of these old buildings as a means of showing the great work done by the saros and particularly the agudas. The agudas were famous for their elegant buildings. They learnt stone masonry and civil engineering in Brazil and Cuba and transformed Lagos with these skills when they returned in the 1800s. Those buildings look absolutely beautiful! All that's needed is a new coat of paint. However, some of those "face me I face you" buildings that were erected in the '80s and '90s should go.

It's very sad and unfortunate that we don't have good and dedicated folks like Fashola running this country. We are saddled with this punishing power situation because of corruption, lousy and out of focus leadership. I say give this man a 4 year term to rule Nigeria, just 4 years. The man is less than 2 terms in office and he's delivered so much and also set huge foundation for the next generation to build on. The bar is so high and the shoe is so big for the next governor to fill..

Residential distribution is one of the many roadblocks in our way including the confiscation of our 271MW, just imagine our our power situation today in Lagos if left undisturbed. We should be generating thousands of MWs in Lagos state cos we built the first IPP in Nigeria with expansion capacity to build many more. Our own FG is our #1 enemy of progress.

We, they can only try, but they can not stop our progress as Fashola is proving everyday, they are not going to keep us in darkness and we'll do what ever it takes to stay out of it.

I love the 2 tone lighting and also the pedestrian light, they are establishing a recognizable city character. What's up with Eko Bridge? I know it's a FG bridge, but What are they doing with it?

I don't think they are going to erase popo Aguda, the historical value and relevance is too deep, the buildings are very unique and they all have stories to tell, our story... The issue I have with these buildings and many more in other parts of Lagos is physical appearance like general maintenance and painting. I'd love to see the state pass some kind of law to force people to at lease paint their buildings to compliment the state's environmental and infrastructure upgrade, sounds drastic, but since we know little or nothing about maintenance and improvement..., maybe we need a little pushing here and there to just do it.
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:19am On Jul 02, 2013
Making history as the first bridge in the country to have public lighting powered by an independent power project

If commissioning streetlights is not important, why is this the first one in the country?
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Revolva(m): 4:35am On Jul 02, 2013
yes see how carter bridge ...view to lagos island looks like some western nation..haha na smal small sha thanks fashola..not that man with cassava bread..called Jonathan....hiss.....
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 02, 2013
STREET LIGHTS ? Governor ? Not commissioner ? Cheap!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by EkoIle1: 5:07am On Jul 02, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

If commissioning streetlights is not important, why is this the first one in the country?

They are all trolls and we don't have to pay them any attention all the time. I ignored the pests and nuisance for a reason..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by ba7man(m): 5:39am On Jul 02, 2013
Billyonaire: STREET LIGHTS ? Governor ? Not commissioner ? Cheap!
What has your Governor comissioned?
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by ba7man(m): 5:58am On Jul 02, 2013
t-something:
Seriously are we just discussing about street lights over a bridge alone or is there more to this news I can't see, because if there's this much noise over street lights then I can imagine what will happen when a bridge is completed. I guess I should start appreciating Akpabio more for the street lights on my street (Ewet Housing for people who wish to confirm ).
There is more to that bridge. I lived in view of that bridge for years and i know how people are robbed, raped and killed with their bodies thrown into the water consistently due to the darkness, everynight for decades. I still remember my mum having her gold chain snatched under that bridge with me in the car in the mid-80's. Also, stop mentioning Akwa-Ibom when Lagos is mentioned......Dem no be mate, is the whole Uyo as big as Ikeja alone??. One less major dark-spot for criminals to operate, what's not to celebrate??
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by tsomething: 7:43am On Jul 02, 2013
ba7man: There is more to that bridge. I lived in view of that bridge for years and i know how people are robbed, raped and killed with their bodies thrown into the water consistently due to the darkness, everynight for decades. I still remember my mum having her gold chain snatched under that bridge with me in the car in the mid-80's. Also, stop mentioning Akwa-Ibom when Lagos is mentioned......Dem no be mate, is the whole Uyo as big as Ikeja alone??. One less major dark-spot for criminals to operate, what's not to celebrate??

Sorry Bro, I feel your personal attachment to the lights, also I never compared Uyo with Lagos , I only said I would learn to appreciate my Governor more because we never saw street lights lights like any big feat here.

In this state street lights are being powered and maintained by a department under Ministry of works. It so common to us, its just like a refuse truck coming to pick refuse , so pardon me if am surprised a Governor is commissioning street lights.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by anonimi: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2013
naptu2:

Nice contribution.
We need to realise that tourists (with real money to spend) will only come to see things that are UNIQUE to an area. The WELL MAINTAINED infrastructure and security through sound, quality education of ALL residents of the place only creates a conducive ENVIRONMENT for visitors to come and move freely while spending their hard earned cash.
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2013
What pains me about this very unfortunate sincere 9naija boy or man is that he has never seen anything good in any of the opposition states.Fashola remains the epitome of good governance in Nigeria, and anything he does is marvelous in our eyes.Imagine my Governor commisioning a generator serviced,DSTV large screen viewing points on Asaba and Warri Junctions and the road to this junctions are crying for mercy.
Now,Ajumobi within the last 2 years has tranformed Ibadan,and this guy sees nothing good just b'cos your oga at the top pays you to make comments here,as much as we acknowledge the great work done by Amaechi and Apkabio in their states,we expect you Mr sincere to see good in the opposition.Mind you I am running my house on generator for the past 2 days,tell your oga at the top (according to Rochas Okoracha)that we will be happy to experience 12hours of un-interrupted power supply and see him commission power projects across the country.By 2015,we will JANGLIZE them out of Aso Rock.

God Bless Fashola.

God Bless Lagos State.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nice one. God bless lasgidi
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Horus(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Rossikk(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
^^Doesn't look any better then than it does now. There's something .... cheap... about Carter Bridge. It's probably the most unheralded major bridge in Nigeria. Hope Fashola can spruce it up more if at all possible.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by naptu2: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
That's the old Carter Bridge. It was rebuilt during the Gowon era (around the same time that Eko Bridge was built and 3rd Mainland Bridge was conceptualised). I think Femi Okunu was the commissioner for works or perm sec at the ministry of works at that time.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Carter Bridge Lighting Project. PICS by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
lakhadimar: verysick9igerian show us the borehole your governor commissioned or better still the anti rumour mongering billboard the prodigy of your boss erected. Those are laudable projects arent they?

That was a very shameful waste of public funds...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

“You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders / Rotimi Amaechi: The Game Changer / Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.