Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. (20392 Views)

Residents Scoop Fuel As Tanker Crashes Along Lagos-ibadan Road. Photos / 11 Burnt To Death In Ondo Auto Crash / Minister Travels Abroad For Treatment After Plying Lagos/ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Sundahjoe(m): 6:06am On Jul 01, 2013
July 1st, 2013 – 11 Burnt To Death In
Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident As Overloaded Bus Propeller Hit Fuel Tanker

No fewer than 11 people were burnt to death on Sunday in an auto accident at Macmillan area, Soka bus stop, Lagos-
Ibadan Expressway, Ibadan.

According to eyewitnesses, the accident happened after the propeller of a commercial bus (Mazda) from Ogido in
Ogun State broke and hit the fuel tank.

An eyewitness, who gave her name as Jelila Adekeye, said, “The vehicle went up in flames in the process. The burning bus also veered off the road. “The driver and the two passengers on the front seat escaped. The others were not so lucky as they were unable to open the side door.”

Eight adults and three children were said to have died with 13 passengers, including the driver, sustaining various degrees of injuries. The casualties were rushed to Adeoyo and University College Hospital, Ibadan.

The Unit Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Oluyole/Toll Gate, Ibadan, Mr. Adeoye Sanya, said, “The FRSC was informed about the accident around 1pm.“We gathered that the propeller of the bus pulled on motion and hit the fuel tank. I can
confirm to you that the bus wasoverloaded.”
[Culled from Punch Metro]

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Ha

1 Like

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 01, 2013
this is gruesome....
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by angelTI(f): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2013
Adufaye: 2nd sha

RIP 2 d dead!
D driver no see road abi him motor failed brake?

U no c where dem say d propeller of d bus break? Abi u don dey old ni?
RIP to d dead; whats wit bad news dis first day of july now?

2 Likes

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by decrox199(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2013
May dia souls RIPP
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by bellaberry: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2013
yet another sad news this early morning and month. quite sad. May their soul rest in peace.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by zuma4k(m): 9:31am On Jul 01, 2013
Jeezzz... RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by juanmata10(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2013
R.i.p
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Martiyu(m): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Twista0(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2013
OMG, RIP to d dead
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by ifedun2: 9:34am On Jul 01, 2013
Lord have mercy!

1 Like

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by CrazyMan(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2013
I read somewhere that a budget was made to expand that road to a 10 lane express way...It would be great if the government can actualize this goal so the tankers and trailers can have a lane reserved for them and refrain from colliding with commuter buses, and it would go a long way in ensuring that the lives of law abiding citizens are protected from any reoccurrence in the future.

RIP to the dead.

6 Likes

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by tigonana: 9:40am On Jul 01, 2013
Oh no not again,God have mercy
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by dridowu: 9:41am On Jul 01, 2013
If not for God i may not have survive the horrible accident june 18 2013, so sad dy couldn't survive it . O God don't let untimely death be our portion. RIP to the dead
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by juman(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2013
Unfortunate.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by juman(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2013
"Overloaded bus"!

1 Like

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by godman01(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2013
It's always a fuel tanker. Ehn...
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Horus(m): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2013
An investigation is mandatory to determines the circumstances of this accident.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by wandeay: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2013
So so sad, where are we Nigerians?
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by DonTim1: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2013
terrible, thats like hell on earth.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by flexya: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2013
CrazyMan: I read somewhere that a budget was made to expand that road to a 10 lane express way...It would be great if the government can actualize this goal so the tankers and trailers can have a lane reserved for them and refrain from colliding with commuter buses, and it would go a long way in ensuring that the lives of law abiding citizens are protected from and reoccurrence in the future.

RIP to the dead.

Not quite 10lanes but yes, the plan is to av it widened. However problem exists elsewhere in terms of the sheer volume of unworthy vehicles plyin our roads. Most of the commercial vehicles in Oyo State need to be in junk yards. How else will a propeller fall off a bus. Another issue is the attitude of the drivers union (NURTW), who r more concerned about extorting money than ensuring that the vehicles for their members r road worthy. Do u see racketty NUPENG tankers? If ur vehicle doesnt pass certain checks, u shouldnt leave the garage.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by goldprecious(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2013
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace. Sad news!
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Eneze1(f): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2013
OMG, this is terrible, RIP to the dead
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by nekaa(f): 10:18am On Jul 01, 2013
A terrible way tu die... God shld strengthen the family they left behind...
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Osama10(m): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Most road accidents are avoidable only if we can stop overloading of vehicles,excessive speed,impound all vehicles that are not road worthy and driving under the influence of alcohol.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by AbuMikey(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2013
RIP! Painful Death
Let all of us ThankGod for our lives oo

2 Likes

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by vanariso(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2013
I think this report is untrue. I went by this road on Saturday on my way to Oshogbo and back on Sunday on way to lagos. The Fuel was overturned and fuel was gushing out from a puncture. Apparent this accident occurred aand the truck didn't burst into flames. The driver,I guess, and one other guy were scooping out feul from the puncture and saving somewhere. I went by this accident and I thought what are this guys doing. The risk of ignitionvia any spark is real and waiting to occur. These never put a caution by to warn passing-by vehicles to slow down and then I prayed no car would over-speed and slam the breaks juct by this accident....and I guess if u add the story above of a car loosing ts propeller and causing the igniton to this....u can figure out who to blame....

I pray the dead rest in peace....and we should most importantly often do the right thing....Its a shame how we Nigerians behave..

I weep for this loss.....
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by ayee123: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2013
platinumricky: this is gruesome....
really gruesome.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 01, 2013
May their soul rest in peace
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by greall1: 10:42am On Jul 01, 2013
Poor thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Arrives Cross River State / Muhammadu Buhari And His Unfaithful Mistress - By Dare Babarinsa / Kazeem Tanimu Replies APC About Atiku’s Citizenship Claims, Calls Them Lairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.