Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. (20393 Views)

Residents Scoop Fuel As Tanker Crashes Along Lagos-ibadan Road. Photos / 11 Burnt To Death In Ondo Auto Crash / Minister Travels Abroad For Treatment After Plying Lagos/ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nipeks(m): 10:47am On Jul 01, 2013
I heared July has the highest number of road accident in the world. RIP to the dead. SMH
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by CLASSMAN: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2013
THESE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS FRSC ARE SUPPOSE TO CHECK MATE NOT STREET CHECKING OR DRIVERS LICENSE
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by jiffylibra: 10:52am On Jul 01, 2013
vanariso: I think this report is untrue. I went by this road on Saturday on my way to Oshogbo and back on Sunday on way to lagos. The Fuel was overturned and fuel was gushing out from a puncture. Apparent this accident occurred aand the truck didn't burst into flames. The driver,I guess, and one other guy were scooping out feul from the puncture and saving somewhere. I went by this accident and I thought what are this guys doing. The risk of ignitionvia any spark is real and waiting to occur. These never put a caution by to warn passing-by vehicles to slow down and then I prayed no car would over-speed and slam the breaks juct by this accident....and I guess if u add the story above of a car loosing ts propeller and causing the igniton to this....u can figure out who to blame....

I pray the dead rest in peace....and we should most importantly often do the right thing....Its a shame how we Nigerians behave..

I weep for this loss.....
That is the problem with our newspaper report. Most times they give a distorted report about happenings. Road accident in Nigeria will be reduced to the barest minimum the day those tanker drivers start behaving like "kings of the road". RIP to those who lost their lives suddenly. somebody said Nigeria = Hell. I believe.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 01, 2013
Omg! rip :-(
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Sike(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2013
May their souls rest in Peace. cry
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Btruth: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2013
God have mercy on us. This is not a good news for the beginning of a new month. RIP to the dead.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by CrazyMan(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2013
flexya: Not quite 10lanes but yes, the plan is to av it widened. However problem exists elsewhere in terms of the sheer volume of unworthy vehicles plyin our roads. Most of the commercial vehicles in Oyo State need to be in junk yards. How else will a propeller fall off a bus. Another issue is the attitude of the drivers union (NURTW), who r more concerned about extorting money than ensuring that the vehicles for their members r road worthy. Do u see racketty NUPENG tankers? If ur vehicle doesnt pass certain checks, u shouldnt leave the garage.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Well said
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Josh316(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2013
CrazyMan: I read somewhere that a budget was made to expand that road to a 10 lane express way...It would be great if the government can actualize this goal so the tankers and trailers can have a lane reserved for them and refrain from colliding with commuter buses, and it would go a long way in ensuring that the lives of law abiding citizens are protected from any reoccurrence in the future.

RIP to the dead.

It's not a fuel tanker accident man! The report says the propeller of the bus hit its own fuel tank and it went up in flames. Doesn't stop the Govt from expanding the road but get the fact straight

RIP to the late folks
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2013
cry cry cry Very gruesome image above. This is a sad story.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by okeypaul(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2013
platinumricky: this is gruesome....
Oh.wht a pity.RIP GOd save us ooo
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by bfmconcepts: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
CLASSMAN: THESE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS FRSC ARE SUPPOSE TO CHECK MATE NOT STREET CHECKING OR DRIVERS LICENSE

FRSC AND VIO ARE BUNCH OF MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRES.
THEY OVERLOOK MAJOR THING AND CAPITALISE ON MINOR
THEY MOSTLY ARREST PRIVATE CAR OWNERS AND LEAVE RECKLESS AND RICKETY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES TO GO SCOTT FREE AFTER COLLECTING 'SOMETHING' FROM THEM. THOSE GUYS DEY COLLECT BRIBE DIE OOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by bfmconcepts: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
CLASSMAN: THESE ARE THE KIND OF THINGS FRSC ARE SUPPOSE TO CHECK MATE NOT STREET CHECKING OR DRIVERS LICENSE

FRSC and VIO are bunch of miscreants and mediocres.
they overlook major thing and capitalise on minor
they mostly arrest private car owners and leave reckless and rickety commercial vehicles to go scot free after collecting 'something' from them. those guys dey collect bribe die ooooooooooo.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Anniettieufia(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
May their souls rest in peace,

may God have mercy on us ,

May we start to learn some little safety precautions,

May people begin to see and know that some of these accidents could be avoided , if some one can be a 30% safety conscious ,
*Since this TANKER was STATIONED, and the petrol (not diesel) was leaking a DISTANT warning was EMINENT*
* If a distant warning was given OVER-SPEEDING & IGNITING acts should have been curtail*
* Any car that is not worthy of operating on the Highway should not be pitied*
How much of "God have mercy" will bring back the Lost lives, when only little PRECAUTIONS can go a long way . Wake -Up .
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by PedroJP(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
May the souls of d departed through the mercy of God rest in peace
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by collins125: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sad
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Buhari1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
CrazyMan: I read somewhere that a budget was made to expand that road to a 10 lane express way...It would be great if the government can actualize this goal so the tankers and trailers can have a lane reserved for them and refrain from colliding with commuter buses, and it would go a long way in ensuring that the lives of law abiding citizens are protected from any reoccurrence in the future.

RIP to the dead.

Then on your ten lane this bus would be sharing with other private vehicles, the propeller from the bus would have smashed into another car with possible casualties if not fatalaties. Your thinking na wah o.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by sylve11: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
cry Sad! Journey well to the dead. cool
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Revolva(m): 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
na wa ooo..people just dey die like insect for naija
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by tunfeek: 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2013
vanariso: I think this report is untrue. I went by this road on Saturday on my way to Oshogbo and back on Sunday on way to lagos. The Fuel was overturned and fuel was gushing out from a puncture. Apparent this accident occurred aand the truck didn't burst into g<flames. The driver,I guess, and one other guy were .scooping out feul from the puncture and saving somewhere. I went by this accident and I thought what are this guys doing. The risk of ignitionvia any spark is real and waiting to occur. These never put a caution by to warn passing-by vehicles to slow down and then I prayed no car would over-speed and slam the breaks juct by this accident....and I guess if u add the story above of a car loosing ts propeller and causing the igniton to this....u can figure out who to blame....

I pray the dead rest in peace....and we should most importantly often do the right thing....Its a shame how we Nigerians behave..

I weep for this loss.....
I saw people crying n 2 woman naked seriously burnt on my way to Lagos from ado ekiti.may their soul rest in peace
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by stebell(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2013

RIP to the dead.
Rest in peace to de dead. My guy, even if yu make de roads 10 lanes, there will still be accidents on our roads. Reasons being that some de drivers don't give a f**k about dangers of overspeeding. Some of them drink b4 driving, while some neglect safety practices on de road.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Christmasdon(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
...onwu amaghi nga onye ukwu ooo!!. Rip to the dead. we will all join the dead very soon. Is a matter of hu goes 1st.
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by Fingesi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
I refuse me, my friend, family and even enemies being a victim of such circumstances. Amen. This is horrible
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by loucrux(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2013
smartchoice: Ha
close ya mouth jare
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by obasanjo4love: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
God help us.............
Re: 11 Burnt Alive In Lagos-Ibadan Road Accident. by nicago: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2013
Horus: An investigation is mandatory to determines the circumstances of this accident.

My brother, I don tire for Nigeria ways o, our roads have been reduced to death traps and I wonder how our leaders feel when they hear of their citizens being claimed by unnecessary deaths like this.

Our major highways should not be less than 35 lanes on each side of the road and lets see the effect it will have on incessant road crashes..

****my take***
NICAGO

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Representative Refuses To Sign The Presidential Election Result Sheets / Boko Haram Kills 13, Abducts 8 In Borno Village / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.