Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China (20242 Views)

Petrol Import Reduced By 1 Billion Litres In Seven Months / Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly / NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by NwaNimo1(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nigeria, Africa’s biggest oil producer and exporter, has resumed importation of petrol from China, the world’s top crude oil importer. shocked

The Asian country shipped 37,000 metric tonnes of petrol to Nigeria in September for the first time since July 2019, data from General Administration of Customs showed, according to S&P Global Platts.

China, a major exporter of transportation fuels, has extended exports to Africa in recent years.

The first African country to receive Chinese petrol was Togo in April 2018 at 50,000 mt, followed by Nigeria in January 2019 at 51,000 mt, historical GAC data showed.

The most recent diesel exports from China to Africa were in June, with Kenya and South Africa receiving 40,000 mt and 35,000 mt, respectively, according to the data.

China’s annual crude oil imports increased by 0.9 million barrels per day in 2019 to an average of 10.1 million bpd, according to the United States Energy Information Administration.

The EIA said China’s new refinery capacity and strategic inventory stockpiling, combined with flat domestic oil production, were the major factors contributing to the increase in its crude oil imports in 2019.

Last year, China’s refinery capacity increased by 1.0 million bpd, primarily because two new refining and petrochemical complexes came online with capacities of 0.4 million bpd each.

As a result, the country’s refinery processing also increased to an all-time high in 2019, averaging 13.0 million bpd for the year, according to the EIA.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-resumes-petrol-import-from-china/

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by dicksonadams(m): 5:55am On Dec 04, 2020
Fine, we have been importing oil but do we ever have an actionable plan to be self sufficient in producing our own refined oil and may be someday, exporting to other countries?

I am almost afraid to assume that we seem satisfied with the current status quo hence the reason why our refineries remain in shambles.

Honesty, I wish crude oil was never discovered in Nigeria

68 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by whisperNaija(m): 5:55am On Dec 04, 2020
What don't we import and from China?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Dolapo873: 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by coolcharm(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
This Nigeria no get shame at all!

So many times I've sat down to wonder what the problem of this country is.

So many times... I conclude that Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographic expression.

No unity of purpose, no foresight, no sense of nationhood.... Every body is just pursuing their wicked and evil agenda.

If not, tell me why an oil producing nation will be so wayward and stupid that after almost 65 years of crude oil discovery, we are still prostituting around the world looking for where to import the end product of crude.

From even Niger republic o!

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
What do you guys expect when you elected someone without WAEC

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by NOC1(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Why must everything be China?
How sweet is their crude?

Now they have subjected me in having Wechat account.

Please who has Wechat account I need your help to activate mine, I am running out of time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by VirginSearcher(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
This country nawa! of all the whole people in Nigeria na Buhari una vote as president.. sorry! angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Racoon(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
cheesy Guess they FG under clueless & incompetent Bubu is also still proud to be importing petroleum products from China as it is with Niger Republic but our refineries remain in comatose with the attendant economic burden?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by olatade(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Shameless country angry

Btw, i don't trust 'made in china' petrol oh! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by anidan(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Not again
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by OBTMOS(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2020
This country will not kill me

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by 41lady(m): 5:57am On Dec 04, 2020
Who curse Nigeria actually?

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by KingsCity: 5:57am On Dec 04, 2020
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Gwan2(m): 5:57am On Dec 04, 2020
China...A model on how human population can be an asset.

Many people misconstrue the fact that China utilised her human resource for top notch feats and think Nigeria ought to be on the same frequency since it also has the population, although not as much as China. There is a big difference between educated population and non educated population. In terms of cost analysis, investors are more convince to invest in the former because the human cost of training the workforce to conform to the business model and societal ethic is way lesser than the latter.

The average educated Chinese wants to go back to China after acquiring knowledge or experience abroad because he feels more attached culturally and socially to China. The average educated Nigerian wants to leave the country to western world for greener pasture. Until this anomaly is rectified, Nigeria will continuously have an inept population and importation of basic things will continue to thrive.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by thesicilian: 5:57am On Dec 04, 2020
They should just sell the country to the Chinese and get it over with.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by IkemChris(m): 5:57am On Dec 04, 2020
Anyway Nigeria am speechless
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Dididrumz(m): 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Is it not Nigeria again?

We are not surprised jarre.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by HigherEd: 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Just stupid.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Abbeyme: 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Now, this is getting scary
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by ProfAmaben(m): 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Since 1959 that oil was discovered till date, no proper Oil refinery in Nigeria. Corruption is Nigeria and Nigeria is corruption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by superCleanworks(m): 5:58am On Dec 04, 2020
despite having double of what it takes in man power and wealth, we moved from OIL BOOM years to endless years of OIL SLAVERY. Now we have added China to our list of OIL SLAVE masters too.

will we ever experience oil boom again?
This is sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Tommmmybigd(m): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2020
nna eh,is not fair, make fg dey also resume the importation of cement,rice, chicken,and the rest, make dangote no dey use us cash out big time, imagine fuel 180 for owerri here
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Impregnable101: 5:59am On Dec 04, 2020
angry
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Keyin: 5:59am On Dec 04, 2020
I think it is high time we import Leaders too:President, Heads of legislation, CJN and Security Chiefs. Good morning Nigerians

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by RX480(m): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2020
Every day this country becomes a little more worse than the previous day gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by Funjosh(m): 6:01am On Dec 04, 2020
This country is finished
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Shame
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by morikee: 6:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Nigeria and Importation are inseparable.
Re: Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China by whela(m): 6:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Nigeria....Soon we would import rain and sun...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

443 Inmates Have Been Recaptured: NCoS Provide Updates On Kuje Jailbreak / Diezani Alison-madueke Hospitalized In London - SaharaReporters / German Secret BND Spied On Nigerian Media, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.