Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike (20939 Views)

ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Embark On Strike Soon! South East State Universities Are Aready On Indefinite Strike! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by fitzmayowa: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2013
Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Mpetempe(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2013
Hypocritical Nigeria, Hypocritical Leaders, Hypocritical Media Who Are Being Partial... You Guys Were Here When Asup Embark On Their Industrial Action And Less Or No Emphasis Was Laid... Why Laying Hands On That Of ASUU? Lay Off Hypocrites... Nigeria Is A Mistake, Chinua Achebe Was Right Anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by poyet(m): 10:55am On Jul 02, 2013
Are we doomed on this country? Anytime there is anything that govt will fund, all you hear is stories, or some bullsh*t has siphoned the funds into personal coffers. If they believed in the system, their wards won't be sent to school abroad and proper attention will be directed to public stuffs- school, hospitals, and other infrastructure! Naija, I hail thee![/color][color=#990000]
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by dazzy4real(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2013
WTF! Is wit ASUU alwys striking because of allowance. Even d so-called lecturers sef don't know how to lecture, most of dem don't lecture some idiots will cal their self prof n jst sit in the office only to b claiming tittle as if dey were born wit it..mtcheww Bleep gov n Bleep ASUU.....
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by bizgen: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2013
anonimi:

Ordinarily your post SEEMS reasonable.
However have you considered how much a SINator of the same government RECEIVES monthly? It is N29 million.
What is their output and productivity RELATIVE to that of a lecturer
You should also find out how much a LG Councillor gets every month then come back and post here.
pls forget this senator and local govt councillor argument.yes thier allowances and salaries are outrageous.we can as well say everybody should go on strike because of their salaries.everybody adds to the economy of this country.the lecturers are as good as evry other person.
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by ShalomNigeria: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2013
HAH: To be frank lecturers are one of the main culprits in the failure of education in Nigeria.

I don't know why they feel so important, for goodness sake a graduate assistant receives about 140k monthly while a level 8 civil sevant receives 60k monthly. And the lecturers have so many other business they indulge in.

Are you a graduate assistant or do you know any earning 140K?

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by symbianDON(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2013
bizgen: pls forget this senator and local govt councillor argument.yes thier allowances and salaries are outrageous.we can as well say everybody should go on strike because of their salaries.everybody adds to the economy of this country.the lecturers are as good as evry other person.
let's call a spade a spade and not a garden spoon......if the govt willfully reneged on an agreement it entered into with ASUU since 2011, should the union be blamed for embarking on strike in 2013? For your information, before any body embarks on a strike, govt is duly notified a full 21 days ahead! What did govt do to avert the strike? ASUP has been on strike now for about 2months plus yet govt doesn't care less. The other day resident doctors embarked on a warning strike yet govt will pretend all is well until they too eventually down tools completely. The other day nigerian union of teachers went on strike. Now nupeng is on a warning strike. Truth be told our leaders are a selfish, insensitive bunch concerned only about themselves. I am sorry to say but i can't fault the lecturers on this. For the folk who said assistant lecturers earn 140k monthly, well, that is just a mere $875 or $29 a day.....ridiculous if you ask me. By the way do you know how much a house officer (a doctor in training) earns monthly?

2 Likes

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by ritux: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2013
It is so sad our government are just being too greedy.

Let's be reasonable here. I don't see any reason why a senator will get nothing less than 16million every month for doing nothing and then our government can not pay a university don up to 16million per annum. It is a sad thing.

The truth is that if our univversities are adequately funded and the lecturers paid well, the issue of quality graduates and education won't arise. Just like the police, if the are paid well, the issue of bribing, sorting abi blocking will reduce drastically.

A professor in the UK gets nothing less than £50k per annum. I see no reason why our government can't do same.

3 Likes

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by OgaTheTop2: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2013
angry
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Dee60: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2013
ASUU needs to realize that FG is not in a position to meet those financial needs. FG needs to realize that they need to possibly sell some of its schools. There should be a few FG universities where tuition is not charged and where brilliant students can gain good education. now, they admit and pass out a lot of average and below average scholars who would have been better off doing other certifications other than paper degrees. ASUU, FG please be sincere and save Nigerian education.

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by yuncka: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2013
ASUU is similar 2 d government, bunch of greedy fools dat threaten d future of d students 4 personal gains. While a student, I witnessed a lot of strike action. ASUU claimed dat d student's study condition was d main reason 4 d strike, but once dey reach a fair agreement wit d government dey relax and watch us suffer more.

And once again wen dey feel their pockets are dryin, dey go on strike! Again! Wat r dey even strikin 4! Nigerian students are hardly taught in schools.

Thank God its not d internet dat is going on strike.

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Yazmin: 11:22am On Jul 02, 2013
dedons: Who or what is ASUU and where can i buy it

Its a kind of electronic device sold by JAMB within ivory towers in Nigeria. I bought one in 1999 but it got spoilt about 5 times in 4 years, thereby making me stay at the mechanic's workshop for almost 6years. I think the foreign ones are better than the local ones.

6 Likes

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by bot101(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2013
one man poison na anoda man meat. Oportunity to make money before they call of d strike b dis oo.
Click d link in my signature to see how to make sharp money using your phone or lappy before they call off d strike.
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by symbianDON(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2013
Dee60: ASUU needs to realize that FG is not in a position to meet those financial needs. FG needs to realize that they need to possibly sell some of its schools. There should be a few FG universities where tuition is not charged and where brilliant students can gain good education. now, they admit and pass out a lot of average and below average scholars who would have been better off doing other certifications other than paper degrees. ASUU, FG please be sincere and save Nigerian education.
govt doesn't have the will-power to do what is right in the education sector. If they want to fund education adequately they can. If they want to pay lecturers and indeed all nigerian workers well they can! Is it not the same govt were billions are looted daily Besides, the issue of below average graduates is not ASUU's problem but govt's! Have you been following the abyssmal and woeful performances recorded in waec, jamb and neco examinations over the years? You expect the lecturere to perform magic on students who can barely spell their own names? Leave matter my friend, govt should sit up. Dazz all....

2 Likes

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by sakaguchi(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by extraflyfineboy(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2013
obi4eze:

Very silly excuse by the FG. So unfortunate that we have a bunch of very insensitive leaders that send their children abroad while the universities in their homeland suffer. Too bad. angry

Can u imagine that?? They forgot to include it in the budget? They forgot about the youths? They forgot about the Educational sector?? What were they thinking? How to buy new private jets? Or probably.......ArrgHHH reminds me of a story here http://umehoma..com
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Leebeedo(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2013
bigtt76: Abeg make dem go strike joor. Na lecture dem de lecture before? No so so pracking we de hear about dem members? Has any of their graduated students fared better? Everytime failed promise, failed promise ...haba! Come to think of it sef ...no bi dem lecture our politicians wey de steal now? When you don't impart knowledge in people or are harsh to your students they forget you tomorrow.

Happy Strike o! When una taya call us back to class ya. Ewu ASUU

It is glaring dat ur ponani was a national cake when u were schooling and dats if u've graduated.....idiota

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Temisan220(m): 11:44am On Jul 02, 2013
What will happen in the nearest future in Nigeria. Time is coming that d children of d politician we be kidnap
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by AmeLonRo(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2013
In some other countries lecturers are paid well to do research. no wonder they are breaking new grounds.
In some other countris lecturers are paid for publishing quality papers - No wonders they keep churning out heart evolving and mending dicoveries.
In some countries lecturers are provided with good facilities to do research.
In Nigeria, we have to travel out or even within before we can do any tangible and qualitative work.
It is in the country called the GIANT OF AFRICA that lecturers have to use their salary to do research. lecturers in Nigeria have to use their salaries to publish ( Remember if you do not publish you will perish)!!!!
It is i Nigeria that lecturers have to rely on cooporative society to do tangible projects of research!!!! But the GIANT OF AFRICA is blessed by GOD. Why then is the GIANT not paying attention to what it needs to pay attention to Why is the giant not priporitising? Why is the GIANT waiting for USA to help it to FIX its LIGHT problem It is high time the GIANT wake up before NIGER REPUBLIC starts donating for our educational sector!!!!!!! Bill gates was in Nigeria sometime ago to donate and/or give loans for FOREX trading in NIgeria. What is the GOVERNMENT OF THIS GIANT COUNTRY DOING? Even to support Seun for his effort on Nairaland. Even the name Nairaland is not suggestive to the GIANT TO SEE HOW IT CAN ENCOURAGE IT.

WAKE UP SLEEPING GIANT. May God help the GIANT, its P-E-O-P-L-E AND ITS G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T. cry
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by shangpearlz(f): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Bolt2011: Post UTME Question
1. Which of these strike most frequently?

A. ASUU B. Thunder C. Matches

grin. grin. grin

I wonder when our leaders will stop being selfish and start taking actions so they don't jeopardise the future of the Nigerian child

Future ke! Dey described ŦЂξ nigerian child as machines of 2mao...check am naww!!! GOD HELP US
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by jammani(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
ASUU Strike concerns us NOT Unilorin. Probitas Doctrina. Better By Far
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by ubong560(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Damn it! and unical just resumed. O boy, how long man go siddon for house?

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by omenka(m): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lordave: Only the handouts they sell in some universities are enough to cover up the amount of money they are demanding from FG.

And you think that vindicates or justifies the government's sloppyness?

A responsible man honours his agreements. It is as simple as that. I wonder when we would be bold enough to rise up in this country and demand that we be paid what is duely ours by the government. Look at what is going on in Egypt and Brasil, those folks don't take sh1t from the government.

Unless we take what is ours by force (as opposed to violence), we'd continue being tossed around by thesame people who ought to do our biddings, like a yoyo.

Time to act is now. We need a National non partisan figure to lead this march. Things arnt just anywhere close to where they ought to be in this potentially overly powerfull nation.
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
m.esther96:
eeeeyah!

u mean i wnt writ my putme dz mont??sad
ppl ar tinkin of deir final yr exams u ar talkin abt pume..mtchewww
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by moscobabs(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
ASUP just finished their strike now its ASUU....hunnnmmmnmmn'there was a country!!! and u will see this goats celebration rubbish in October 1st.Lord bless me so I can take my children to foreign university.'I weep for nigeria'
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
NIGERIAN STUDENTS! ...i want 2 PROTEST.
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by mesther96(f): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
Osahon7:
ppl ar tinkin of deir final yr exams u ar talkin abt pume..mtchewww
rude!na so my comment hammer u?? i b FG,y directin ur grievances 2 me
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by mesther96(f): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
sad[quote
author=moscobabs]ASUP just finished their strike now its
ASUU....hunnnmmmnmmn'there was a country!!! and u will see this goats
celebration rubbish in October 1st.Lord bless me so I can take my
children to foreign university.'I weep for nigeria'[/quote]me too ooo,my days in niger r numbered! gona leave in peace!
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by omenka(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
curiouslad: Bunch of id10ts ,i actually cancelled a codecamp because i thought school would be in session

Btw why all ASUU strikes seem bordered on wage and allowance hikes Only

It is because what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Government officials and the NASS members keep increasing theirs. Last year it was 1bill for feedin, this year, 1.3bill. U give the signal there is damn too much money for frivolities people would definitely swarm around u to get a piece of the action (like mobstars would say).

I have no doubt in my mind if the executive and the legislature start slashing their salaries, anyone wld dare raise the faintest voice demanding wage increase.
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by Yeske: 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
HAH: To be frank lecturers are one of the main culprits in the failure of education in Nigeria.

I don't know why they feel so important, for goodness sake a graduate assistant receives about 140k monthly while a level 8 civil sevant receives 60k monthly. And the lecturers have so many other business they indulge in.

No, a GA receives aboout 105k monthly (total).
Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by ozonaija(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
m.esther96:
eeeeyah!

u mean i wnt writ my putme dz mont??sad
*worried about same*smh

1 Like

Re: FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike by mesther96(f): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
sakaguchi: .
av u eva been 2 schl coz i cn c dt u r nt concerned!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2018/2019 UNILAG Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 'Bauchi Girls Quit Schools To Raise Funds For Their Wedding’ - Maryam Begel / Update On Constructions At ESUT College Of Medicine, Igbo-Eno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.