Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi (8334 Views)

Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi / Pdp Collapses In Rivers State As Wike Is Deserted - PM News / Ibrahim Magu Meets Wole Soyinka To Discuss How To Fight Corruption - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by ojubi(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi has described the minister of state for Education, Barrister Nyesom Wike, as too small a personality to form the topic of discussion.

Amaechi, who is the chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), stated this at the weekend during the 60th birthday celebration of the former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Chief Joe Okocha, which was held at the Emmanuel Anglican Church, Okoro-Nu-Odo Deanery in Port Harcourt.

The governor was reacting to specific question directed to him by the officiating priest and the Anglican Archbishop of the Niger Delta Province, Most Rev. Ignatius Kattey, who during his sermon raised some issues concerning the NGF election, and the governor’s relationship with his erstwhile ‘boy’, Wike, as well as the suspension of the executive and legislative arms of Obio/Akpor local government council.

Amaechi said that the majority of those who betrayed him were from his Ikwerre ethnic group whom he nominated to positions at various levels, including the minister of state for Education, who was his Chief of Staff, as well as the former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Austin Opara.

He said, “His grace, this will be the first time I will be talking about my former chief of staff in public. My former chief of staff is too small for me to talk about; I don’t want to discuss him, and I have never done that before.

“You know, there are different types of men. I hope you know that there are men with character and there are men without character. And you know I have character. I don’t believe that money can solve all problems and I don’t worship money; my greatest fear is that where am I going to after my stay here on earth. Let me also tell you that I have been betrayed several times in politics and the majority of those who betrayed me are from my Ikwerre ethnic group.

“I, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi submitted his name (Wike’s) as Minister to President Jonathan. But where is he now? You must have character; you must be known for something.”

Speaking on the NGF crisis, Amaechi said a credible election was held where the governors exercised their franchise and re-elected him chairman of the forum.

The governor said, “There was an election. They are not denying that there was no election, they said, before the election, some governors had signed documents for them and they were 19 in number, and we conducted election, eventually, the 19 governors later changed their minds and voted for me.

“As a man of God, (referring to Archbishop Kattey) now that you know, please tell the other bishops and men of God, so that I don’t have to be responding to this question in public - if there was election or not.”

http://leadership.ng/news/010713/wike-insignificant-gov-amaechi
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by ojubi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Arrogance if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Joyfullyme: 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
A wise soldier never slights his opponent.
Issues can be resolved but insults cannot.
You only end up fueling his zeal and determination.
Ameachi should learn from Wike.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Cultured(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
As much as I like the type of politics Amaechi plays ( maverick and rebellious ), I however loathe him for despising others that share same political traits like him . If anyone who doesn't share in his thoughts and actions are traitors to him , then he should also know that he's being see as a traitor by those in his political party affiliation and associates whom he has divergent views in some of their ideologies - thus should accept in good faith any persecution that comes his way. " Tolerance " is one important trait I deciphered he's lacking as a politician .

12 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Occurstaem(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
True talk from Amaechi.But why does his ethnic men betrayed him? Something is wrong.
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by DIVINE78: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ameachi nominated Wike as a minister. The nomination was approved but Wike turned around to disparage Ameachi because of what??
Spell T.R.A.I.T.O.R.

1 Like

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Afam4eva(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
Joyfullyme: A wise soldier never slights his opponent.
Learn what from Wike?
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by mancheeutd(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
politics and religion? wat a bad combination
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Inoknowbook: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Bishop wey for dey preach the word of God, dey ask political questions. My dear bishop, you supposed to be apolitical. There are so many ills being committed against the masses by their leaders, and you, as a man of God, suppose to rebuke and chastise them for their sins instead of asking questions about Governor's forum election and the rest of it. Please, next time, ask questions about poverty, corruption that is endemic, betrayal of trust by the leaders etc, okay? Thank you!

11 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by tomakint: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
The Mafia is talking as usual!
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by moodswing(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Aren't we tired of this Amechi garbage??.

He's just another inconsequential public figure that's about to fade out from the scheme of things.

Those for #GEJ till 2019 say Aye!!!!!.

The Aye's have it. Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, You are cleared to continue till 2019.

10 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by clip: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Don't under-rate anybody,if you do so that maybe your doom
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by emekatimsu(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
This same Amechi claim he made Former Deputy speaker of House of Rep,Hon Austin Okpara..But Okpara have come out in the Pubic to deny.
I just hope Amechi's current claim of making Wike is not also one of hs false claims?
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaechi spoke excellently well. The truth also.
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by DICKtator: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaechi, Odili's former personal assistant?
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Politicians can be very bias with their ways of life all times. Even Amaechi that is talking about betraying or no betraying. Can he boast of himself that no matter how small it might have been, he has never betrayed someone before? Abeggy Nigeria/Africa ways of politicizing sucks. In a short while now you will see both of them going to political functions together hand in hand. Make una no bobo us abeg. Na today yansh dey back?
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Bambela(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Is arrogance and pride that will maim you. Wrong to say that human being is too small to talk about no matter the size very dangerous. You betray yourself not even ghost.

1 Like

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by tomakint: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
deemdeem: Amaechi spoke excellently well. The truth also.
So you are no longer Odenson, but now deem-deem, cheesy cheesy cheesy so much for too many monikers on Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Miliky231(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr.Arrogant Amaechi,we are tired of hearing about.Learn how to Respect so that it will Reciprocate!
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by dulphines: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
moodswing: Aren't we tired of this Amechi garbage??.

He's just another inconsequential public figure that's about to fade out from the scheme of things.

Those for #GEJ till 2019 say Aye!!!!!.

The Aye's have it. Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, You are cleared to continue till 2019.

#singing# You are on your own oh! grin
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by emedy(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
Joyfullyme: A wise soldier never slights his opponent.
. Hv been tryinq to comprehend u! But wat exactly shud Amechi learn from Wike?
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
tomakint:
So you are no longer Odenson, but now deem-deem, cheesy cheesy cheesy so much for too many monikers on Nairaland!

Tomadaft, I think u are lost. Don't know what u are talking about.
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Diasporan(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Look at who is speaking about being betrayed by people he made.Amaechi should first purge himself of arrogance.What did he do to his master Dr.Peter Odili?The same measure he served him so he is being served.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by AbuMikey(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don taya for all these Amaechi wahala sef
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Joyfullyme: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
emedy: . Hv been tryinq to comprehend u! But wat exactly shud Amechi learn from Wike?
Learn what from Wike?
He has been careful not to insult Ameachi even when everybody was expecting him to go on the verbal aggressive.
Insulting at their level has no political value, would make you lose sympathy and reinforce the resolve of your opponent.
He should learn to injure without insult.
It is easier for a man to forgive for loss but a mans pride wars know no end.....
Wike has injured Ameachi severely but has not insulted him.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Myself2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Learn what from Wike?

How not to be arrogant and unaccommodating of divergent views
Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by duality(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is too petty for Amaechi. what is he trying to prove?. Is it not the same arrogance and betrayal his party is accusing him of? he has not for once displayed any form of humility in all this crises. Has he listened to any one from his party? This man should just stop talking. he should not think because he was able to orchestrate an embrace with the president for the media to sensationalize will take away the perception people have of him.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by ifihearam: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Amaechi,even inside the church you are raiing your shoulders high in pride and you are just a common governor,what if you re in the position of his excellency the president of the federal republic,now i understand why people say you are very arrogant and proud. Thunder fire your canvas head,was it not someone who made you a governor? how many times did he refer to you as an insignificant being?

I just hate this amaechi and just pray this same piece of trash according to you does not become the governor of river's state because by then we shall see who is relevant or irrelevant by then.

big mouthed guinea fowl.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Cultured:
As much as I like the type of politics Amaechi plays ( maverick and rebellious ), I however loathe him for despising others that share same political traits like him . If anyone who doesn't share in his thoughts and actions are traitors to him , then he should also know that he's being see as a traitor by those in his political party affiliation and associates whom he has divergent views in some of their ideologies - thus should accept in good faith any persecution that comes his way. " Tolerance " is one important trait I deciphered he's lacking as a politician .

Much respect bro!

1 Like

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Myself2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
duality: This is too petty for Amaechi. what is he trying to prove?. Is it not the same arrogance and betrayal his party is sccusing him of?

Exactly,a case of the pot calling the kettle black

If Wike is too insignificant for Amechi to discuss,then he should stop irritating our eardrums with his whinings about someone at the top did this and that,as he indeed is too insignificant for the President to worry about

QED

6 Likes

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by gistin123: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
DIVINE78: Ameachi nominated Wike as a minister. The nomination was approved but Wike turned around to disparage Ameachi because of what??
Spell T.R.A.I.T.O.R.

NO. I won't call him a traitor. In politics, interest changes, so wike interest changed. Ameachi's interest can still change anytime.

Re: Wike Is Too Insignificant To Discuss- Amaechi by Henards(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
mr amaechi i like your person and i confess that you have justified the confidence i reposed in you. Stand your ground wella

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry / DSS Yet To Forward Complaint Against Seven Arrested Judges – CJN / Katsina Govt To Establish Black Oil Refinery— Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.