Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61608 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Now another topic ! That quotation is for those who do not think that punishment or discipline is allowed in the church !
Now below is for pple like you frosbel who also do not think that when you dnt obey authorities of men placed above you,that God will be happy with u and and give u a path on the back. See below instruction from the the scriptures:
''Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God''.-Romans 13:1

The actual word used in the original translations is to lead not lord it over God's sheep. They are to gently lead the flock of GOD within the boundaries of their GOD given assignement.

In other words, they are not to burden the sheep with man made rules and traditions, after all the sheep belong to GOD not to these MEN.

"Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant," - Matthew 20:25-26

I am sure you will not want to argue with the word from JESUS himself.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2013
busolayemi: Frosbel answer me o....cos he b like say na u this thing hit pass

answer you undecided

On what ?
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by undigeh: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2013
slimyem: Mtcheeeeeew. Rubbish!!
Pray and seek forgiveness for doing what?
Na John and Love get time sha. undecided

Because they don want to make it to Heaven. But you , watin you sabi? to enjoy life carelessly without control and without God here on earth briefly and go to spend live without end in hell cry cry without mercy.
Better tink well now for your self.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by druid06(m): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Ignorance.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Ukoshady: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
Read isaiah 3:16-end[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by busolayemi: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

answer you undecided

On what ?
is sumtin wrong with plesing men while also plesing God?
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by dare2think: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
undi-geh:

Because they don want to make it to Heaven. But you , watin you sabi? to enjoy life carelessly without control and without God here on earth briefly and go to spend live without end in hell cry cry without mercy.

Shut the hell up!!!

Pathetic ignoramus, who puts you in the position to decide who goes to hell or heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by nora544: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
This new churches - how old is deeper life and the other ones there leader are heros they can make what they want and it is not good when you say something against this so called man of god.
read this it is from an other so called man of good

No tithe, no wedding Pastor Adeboye - so people who have no money and who are poor cannot come to his church, and Couples who have to feed there children but have no money to tithe are not welcome - so they are no true beliver in god - is this what the bible teach us - so the redempton church is only for the rich not for the poor - that is not what i read in the bible or is the james bible in Africa different than the same bible in Europa - did he not read what is written under
thimothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

the bible teach us to give what we can, and not this what this so called man of god teach to his followers, we should give to the poor, i look and read very much about this so called man of god but i never hear from them that we should give to the poor, the people they need, why can anyone tell me this or can give me an answer.

Members of the fastest growing church in Africa, The Redeemed Christian Church of God are in shock as their respected General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has decreed that defaulters in the payment of tithe would no longer enjoy their marriage being blessed by the church. It was gathered that during the last Holy Ghost convention that held between August 9 -15, 2010, at the Redeemed camp, Pastor Adeboye had a private meeting with his senior pastors where he told them to inform their parish members that henceforth, anybody who does not pay his or her tithe is not faithful and as such will not get any assistance from the church. Furthermore, he stated that it will be a major criterion for ordaining pastors. If you want to be ordained as a pastor and you default in this area you will be disqualified. This includes deacons and deaconesses. Also if you want to get married in the church, your tithe record will be the deciding factor. Parish members were informed that from their head assemblies, they will send their tithe envelopes for upward review at the headquarters. Pastor Adeboye said this new rule will show the members obedience to the church and to God.

I want to know what a good fearing woman from an Redeemed Christian church of god has to wear on her weddingday please can you tell me i want to know.

The problem from nigeria is the religion and the so called man of good and what they tell there followers. I have many friends from different christian churches but most of them say that how the nigerian christian people belive in god that comes from america and not all what comes from this country is good.
Nigerian people belive this so called man of god blind, that is the problem they don't read the bible, but what they are doing is the worship there heros this so called great man of god, they don't worship the real god and this so call great man of god can make what they want.

When there is a problem always come pray and fast.

Pastor adeboye say something bad will come, but he cannot tell the people what it is but it is bad but when they are pray and fast very much the hole year than it will not come, sorry that is brasinwashing.

the same is with this wedding i see nothing bad on this wedding dress.

Can anyone tell me which other churches in nigeria look at the wedding dress before the wedding please i want to know.

Read animal farm from georg orwell then you will see how this big heros are acting not better than the pigs in this book.

The wedding toke place in an other church because this deeper life church is no church in jamaica from the goverment the same is in my country.

What is with music on a wedding is this also not allowed.

The pastors tell the people don't come with a red dress, or a blue or a white so when i don't have a dress in this color than i have to stay at home and i cannot come to the church sorry that has nothing to do that i am a real follower of god.

This so called great man of god are dictators and not more.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by joachine: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Rubbish, abeg make una no dey post dis kind thing 4 nairaland.....imagine dem dey carry sentiment enter insid cake too
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
busolayemi: is sumtin wrong with plesing men while also plesing God?

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by lamz(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Who join them?
If the church want to be right, they would have made all the corrections before the wedding.
The PASTORS that joined them, should also be SUSPENDED.
One question for the CHURCH.
Do GOD look at the wedding gown or the vow made before HIM before he seals the marriage?
I dey vex!!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Your write up is heart felt and i can relate

This same people yoking the flock with laws live in mansions and fly private jets

The mosaic law on tithing allowed for less privileged ones not to tithe as you must be comfortbale enough to have 10 flocks to tithe one
God made humane laws but humans have made theyoke to put on the flock

Lev17: 32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD

May God help us

nora544: This new churches - how old is deeper life and the other ones there leader are heros they can make what they want and it is not good when you say something against this so called man of god.
read this it is from an other so called man of good

No tithe, no wedding Pastor Adeboye - so people who have no money and who are poor cannot come to his church, and Couples who have to feed there children but have no money to tithe are not welcome - so they are no true beliver in god - is this what the bible teach us - so the redempton church is only for the rich not for the poor - that is not what i read in the bible or is the james bible in Africa different than the same bible in Europa - did he not read what is written under
thimothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

the bible teach us to give what we can, and not this what this so called man of god teach to his followers, we should give to the poor, i look and read very much about this so called man of god but i never hear from them that we should give to the poor, the people they need, why can anyone tell me this or can give me an answer.

Members of the fastest growing church in Africa, The Redeemed Christian Church of God are in shock as their respected General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has decreed that defaulters in the payment of tithe would no longer enjoy their marriage being blessed by the church. It was gathered that during the last Holy Ghost convention that held between August 9 -15, 2010, at the Redeemed camp, Pastor Adeboye had a private meeting with his senior pastors where he told them to inform their parish members that henceforth, anybody who does not pay his or her tithe is not faithful and as such will not get any assistance from the church. Furthermore, he stated that it will be a major criterion for ordaining pastors. If you want to be ordained as a pastor and you default in this area you will be disqualified. This includes deacons and deaconesses. Also if you want to get married in the church, your tithe record will be the deciding factor. Parish members were informed that from their head assemblies, they will send their tithe envelopes for upward review at the headquarters. Pastor Adeboye said this new rule will show the members obedience to the church and to God.

I want to know what a good fearing woman from an Redeemed Christian church of god has to wear on her weddingday please can you tell me i want to know.

The problem from nigeria is the religion and the so called man of good and what they tell there followers. I have many friends from different christian churches but most of them say that how the nigerian christian people belive in god that comes from america and not all what comes from this country is good.
Nigerian people belive this so called man of god blind, that is the problem they don't read the bible, but what they are doing is the worship there heros this so called great man of god, they don't worship the real god and this so call great man of god can make what they want.

When there is a problem always come pray and fast.

Pastor adeboye say something bad will come, but he cannot tell the people what it is but it is bad but when they are pray and fast very much the hole year than it will not come, sorry that is brasinwashing.

the same is with this wedding i see nothing bad on this wedding dress.

Can anyone tell me which other churches in nigeria look at the wedding dress before the wedding please i want to know.

Read animal farm from georg orwell then you will see how this big heros are acting not better than the pigs in this book.

The wedding toke place in an other church because this deeper life church is no church in jamaica from the goverment the same is in my country.

What is with music on a wedding is this also not allowed.

The pastors tell the people don't come with a red dress, or a blue or a white so when i don't have a dress in this color than i have to stay at home and i cannot come to the church sorry that has nothing to do that i am a real follower of god.

This so called great man of god are dictators and not more.

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by abdulrasakqtr: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
HNMMMMMMM!!!
THIS IS VERY VERY UNFORTUNATE. DOES IT REALLY MEAN MOST CHRISTIANS NO NOT OR HAVE NO IDEAS WHAT GOD INJUNCTION IS. YES I GUESS. THATNOTWITHSTANDING, I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE WAY THE WELDING WAS DONE, WHY BECAUSE IT WAS NOT PROPER AT ALL. THE PRESENCE OF THE BRIDE AND THE BRIDEGROOM SHOWS A LOTS OF IGNORANCE ON THEIR OWN PARTS.
HOWEVER, THE RELIGIOUS ITSELF WAS FORM ON MAN MADE POLICY AND NOT FROM GOD AND THAT'S WHY ITS LIKE THAT AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT. WE CAN NEVER FIND PERFECTION IN EVERYTHING HUMAN DOES, PERFECTION IS FOR THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVEN AND EARTH.

MEMBERS: WE SHOULD BE AFRAID OF BEEN A FALSE WITNESS AND DO NOT BE IN SUPPORT OF EVIL EVEN IF IT IS PEANUT AND WE SHOULD BE CONSCIOUS OF THE LIFE AFTER DEATH.

MAY GOD FORGIVE THE BRIDE AND THE BRIDEGROOM AND THOSE THAT MISLEAD THEM. AND IN ACCORDANCE TO THE YORUBA PROVERB THAT SAYS: THE PERSON THAT WAS ASK TO DO EVIL AND OBLIGE, AUTOMATICALLY HE HIM/HERSELF ALREADY BEFORE HAND HAS AN EVIL INTENT.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
busolayemi: yes..i have always maintained that i don't see what they hve done wrong against God's commandments...but who knows, at lest they know best if they've wronged God and yes, every orgnistion either spiritual, devilish or physical has its rules...if you are going to continue as member, you strictly hve to abide else use the door....and if intentionally or otherwise you go against the rule, you must apologise and be punnished if the ledership deem fit

Splendid of you to finally accept that this rule was made by the church leaders

Since you have condemned them; it is well

May God help us all
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by undigeh: 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
frosbel:

The actual word used in the original translations is to lead not lord it over God's sheep. They are to gently lead the flock of GOD within the boundaries of their GOD given assignement.

In other words, they are not to burden the sheep with man made rules and traditions, after all the sheep belong to GOD not to these MEN.

"Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant," - Matthew 20:25-26

My friend, how can one lead without authority. Power and authority do not exist in isolation to one another.
Go back to your bible preferably the Authorised Version popularly called King James Version(KJV).if you must contribute from the scripture.
Your Bible should not be less than N7000.00 cheesy . I can see you opening your mouth in shock.

I am sure you will not want to argue with the word from JESUS himself.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by kefmawin: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
There is high level of ignorance here. It is very unfortunate that people take delight in criticizing a church without considering there own personal stand with God.

Let us exercise some restraint and perhaps seek more understanding and clarification because we may answer for everything we say or do.

kefmawin: I think the moderators here are up to something by their unreasonable repetition of what has since been laid to rest.
I smell foul in this whole discussion.
Even though I do not encourage people to exalt a denomination, I must say that this looks like a calculated attempt to rubbish a church that sincerely follows the word of God to the best of their understanding irrespective of who is hurt. Though we may all have our different views.

This thread was earlier discussed on this link :
https://www.nairaland.com/1341869/pastor-kumuyis-son-apologises-deeper-life/18

Here many comments were made which should have ended this matter. I sense mischief and it seems Nairaland specializes in posing affronts to the ministers of God and the church of the Living God.

Remember you may answer for everything you say or do.
The so-called christians who take delight in all these and bring up threads that encourage others who no nothing about the christian faith to blaspheme should beware as this is not healthy for their spiritual and physical well being.

What is the purpose of bringing up this discussion again after it has been trashed out on the below link? :
https://www.nairaland.com/1341869/pastor-kumuyis-son-apologises-deeper-life/18

Could this be joblessness or calculated attempt to defame a church known for their emphasis on The totality of the word and Holiness without which no man shall see God?

Enough of this absurdity.
The most important thing is for everyone of us to evaluate our personal stand with God. Should you get to the end of your life here on earth where will you spend your eternity?

The one who go to church and still practices sin is doomed (Revelation 21:8,27; Ephesians 5:3-7 ).
The one who is wise will examine himself and where in doubt quickly repent and accept His grace and mercy by putting faith in Christ for real salvation and life transformation.

Be wise friends so that you do not begin to cry for mercy when it is too late. This is the day of salvation. Let the scorners and scoffers continue but time shall tell.

Love you all

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by emorse(m): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Kaysalas:

it took a while to get you to agree on the text, now you come come with "avoiding flamboyance". there is no where being 'UNkempt' comes into this, 2 peter 1 v 20, don't you think if peter had meant flamboyance and invariably preaching modesty, he would have just said so; Are you saying that after admonishing women to dress in modest apparel, he still went ahead to tell them not to be "immodest/flamboyant" as you put it. Well, read more objectively, thimothy here, is giving examples in concrete terms what should and what should not be done:
1 Timothy 2:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; wink

Ah! Don't get me wrong bro. I never disagreed with any part of that scripture. I only want us to digest it in its totality. All four versions of the bible we have used contain the word MODESTY go various forms. The KJV you use mentions SHAMEFACEDNESS and SOBRIETY. Why have you chosen to ignore these? The braided hair, gold, pearls and expensive clothes mention point towards EXTRAVAGANCE (this word explains my position better)- the opposite of modesty.
Also, 2Pet. 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no PROPHESY of the scripture is of any private interpretation."
Aside the fact that the scripture in 1Tim. Is not a prophesy, the scripture above just points out that the bible writers were inspired by God not man. Hence, it is divinely accurate!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by busolayemi: 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
What makes you think d apology is eyeservice...and even if it is, they ar kool with it...so why should it be our headache
biolabee:

Ephesians 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by kefmawin: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
It appears Naira Land has a lot of jobless and ignorant people who comment on things they no nothing about. I am not a "denominationalist" but it is obvious to me that a lot of people do not know the Deeper Life Church. Perhaps many commentators of Nairaland are children born in the 90s who no nothing about The Revivals of the 70s and 80s or even the Scripture Union (SU).
It is understandable that their understanding of the christian church has been clouded by the advent of the Pseudo churches, modern day permissive groups and deviating organizations struggling to catch up with the so called worldly trends and fashion which will fade away(1John 2:15).

I will not encourage people to pride themselves with any denomination as it is only JESUS that saves.
But the truth must be told. From honest and unbiased assessment, you will realize that the Deeper Life church is one of the few places where they stand for the truth and follow the scriptures to the later without fear or favour.

Your money or any talent you have mean nothing to the church as long as your lifestyle or conduct does not conform to God's word.
Even though a lot of people would disagree with them on certain areas, it is worthy of note that every view and position the church takes is solely based on their sincere understanding of Scriptures as this is read and studied from cover to cover.

Many comments depict gross Ignorance and exaggeration of what they stand for. I have known the Church for over two decades and heard hundreds of pastor Kumuyi's messages,I have seen His simplicity, integrity and willingness to objectively correct any practice of the church which is not in line with Scriptures.

Over time the church has preached against the tradition of men and legalism and have made remarkable moves in pointing people to know the bible and know God for themselves.

While acknowledging some infiltrators (as with every other place)I have also found among them some of the finest Christians and men and women of integrity and righteousness and faith, serving God in spirit and truth.

I think we must be more thoughtful in our assessment and comment as we will answer for everything we say or do.
People who love God to the extent of not compromising with the dying and falling world standard and standing out to be different as indicated in Romans 12:1,2 should be encouraged.

To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Love you all...

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
undi-geh:

You need to shut up!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Mistatee(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wil cal dat IGNORANCE
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
busolayemi: What makes you think d apology is eyeservice...and even if it is, they ar kool with it...so why should it be our headache

It is not my headache.. lol
The bible says we should not be men pleasers
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by sureteeboy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
I seriously wonder why frosbel never replied my mail
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Jekobk: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
For dem it's honeymoon unlimited...Enuf jamjam, carry go love
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by nora544: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
To the best of my knowledge,countless lives who attend their programs have been transformed positively. Armed robbers, humanizers, Chain smokers, prostitutes, drunkards, the down trodden, the rich, the poor and so on have been transformed by Christ and turned a new live noticeable to their previous acquaintance. Or do we talk about the countless Lives God has graciously healed from ailments such as: HIV, Cancer, Barrenness, Blindness, Lameness, deafness,cripple etc.

If we take time to understand the Fad and Jagons that have entered many churches and assemblies today you'll almost weep. Churches no longer stand for anything but rather falls for everything the world presents.

The Church is the Bride of Christ and must be different from the fallen world systems and standard.
If you are sure that as a christian you can defend your present actions before God when you meet Him at the end of life fine. Otherwise you can run to Christ by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Saviour and receive the grace to live for Him Ephesians 2:8 ).
The true mark of being a Christian is that your life is transformed by the grace of God which brings a clear difference between your conduct and the world. If this is not the case with you, it is not late to make amends by coming to the throne of Grace to obtain mercy(Hebrew 4:12) before it becomes late.

Oh deeper life church makes also miracles.

When i hear about this miracles how many are realy tru, did they show something that they have this illness before.

Was this person visiting many doctors before that he has realy cancer or HIV..... and he get healt.... or is this only because nigerian belive so much in miracles.

I know that there is a possibility that you get healt from cancer but not without drugs.

But when i hear that parents go for the pastor when there child is sick, to ask for a prayer, give there hard earned money to the pastor for the prayer and what they are doing if the prayer brings nothing then they have no money that they can bring there child in the hospital because a simple appendicitis when it is not done at the right time is dangerous.

The people from nigeria trust there so called man of god more than a doctor.

I see a documentation about religion in nigeria from an nigerian and it was so sad when you hear one so called great man of god telling the people jesus was a rich man - please where i can find this in the james bible - i look for this since two weeks.

When this so called great man of god ask the people if they want a bentley, did this normal people realy know what a bently is.

All in this churches is about money, praying and fasting but no one of this so called great man of god will tell his people you have to work when you want to have a better life and god will help you.

People in nigeria belive when the pastor tell them give me all your money what you have in your pocket when you come to church and when you are back at home this mony will be ten times more on your tabel at home, since what time god make money.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by emorse(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Kaysalas:

it took a while to get you to agree on the text, now you come come with "avoiding flamboyance". there is no where being 'UNkempt' comes into this, 2 peter 1 v 20, don't you think if peter had meant flamboyance and invariably preaching modesty, he would have just said so; Are you saying that after admonishing women to dress in modest apparel, he still went ahead to tell them not to be "immodest/flamboyant" as you put it. Well, read more objectively, thimothy here, is giving examples in concrete terms what should and what should not be done:
1 Timothy 2:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; wink

Don't get me wrong bro. I never disagreed wit any part of that scripture. I only want us to digest it wholistically. All the versions of the bible we have used so far contain the word MODESTY in various forms. The KJV you use also contain the words SHAMEFACEDNESS and SOBRIETY. Are these words to be disregarded? It further laid emphasis on these by giving examples. "... not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;". I'm quite sure you'll agree that these things show EXTRAVAGANCE (this word expresses my point better) - the direct opposite of modesty. Or would you say as long as a woman doesn't braid her hair, wear gold or pearls or costly array(clothes) she can be said to be modestly dressed? Even if she's wearing a "cheap" micro mini skirt? If no, then those terms are not as "concrete" as you have said.
Also, 2 Pet. 1:20 (KJV)
"Knowing this first, that no PROPHESY of the scriptures is of any private interpretation." Apart from the fact that the scripture in 1 Tim. is not a prophesy, this is just a statement of fact that the bible writers were inspired by God, not man. Please read vs 21.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by mko2005: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
nora544:

Oh deeper life church makes also miracles.

When i hear about this miracles how many are realy tru, did they show something that they have this illness before.

Was this person visiting many doctors before that he has realy cancer or HIV..... and he get healt.... or is this only because nigerian belive so much in miracles.

I know that there is a possibility that you get healt from cancer but not without drugs.

But when i hear that parents go for the pastor when there child is sick, to ask for a prayer, give there hard earned money to the pastor for the prayer and what they are doing if the prayer brings nothing then they have no money that they can bring there child in the hospital because a simple appendicitis when it is not done at the right time is dangerous.

The people from nigeria trust there so called man of god more than a doctor.

I see a documentation about religion in nigeria from an nigerian and it was so sad when you hear one so called great man of god telling the people jesus was a rich man - please where i can find this in the james bible - i look for this since two weeks.

When this so called great man of god ask the people if they want a bentley, did this normal people realy know what a bently is.

All in this churches is about money, praying and fasting but no one of this so called great man of god will tell his people you have to work when you want to have a better life and god will help you.

People in nigeria belive when the pastor tell them give me all your money what you have in your pocket when you come to church and when you are back at home this mony will be ten times more on your tabel at home, since what time god make money.
THERE IS NO MOUNTAIN ANYWHERE ! EVERY MAN'S IGNORANCE IS HIS MOUNTAIN !
God help us
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]So you mean Jesus was pissed off at her gown, the limo and the cake? shocked
Wow!! No wonder I'm not a Christian.. Can two walk together except they agree?
[/quote

Make up your mind today, tomorrow may be too late
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by emorse(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Kaysalas: ^^ please emorse, i am still waiting for the thread you spoke about.
please search for "what does the bible say about make-up?" I'm the last poster on the thread. Abeg no vex o. I suppose add the link. Na my "palasa" fone cos am. #smilin#
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by DeeperdanNY: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
Phiozy: I REMEMBER WHEN OWNING A TELEVISION OR WATCHING ONE WAS A SIN, AND AFTER MUCH 'thoughts' IT WAS NO LONGER CONSIDERED A SIN AND TODAY THEY EVEN HAVE A T.V STATION. LMAO... LETS C HOW IT GOES. VERY SOON MOST OF THE GUYS WOULD PREFER GETTING MARRIED TO LADIES IN OTHER CHURCHES XO THE WEDDING WOULD BE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. AFTERALL ITS THEIR DAY.

There's no regret on the TV issue. The world of believers will be better off without the gay and Lesbian infested CNN and all their drug infested transgender friends who daily parades all over naked and and are called celebrities. They are fast infesting the entire Christian world with their evil liberty against all decency and Godliness. I wish Deeperlife stood its ground on NO TV and we'll have less rebellious children and crass fornicators as Frosbel, Afam4ever, and Biolabee who all needs urgent spiritual help to get them out of the way of perdition. The world of believers will be better off without the TV's but its too late as pornography has moved to smartphones and this is not smart at all.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by donem: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Having read through this writeup, would summarize using one word. MADNESS
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

There's no regret on the TV issue. The world of believers will be better off without the gay and Lesbian infested CNN and all their drug infested transgender friends who daily parades all over naked and and are called celebrities. They are fast infesting the entire Christian world with their evil liberty against all decency and Godliness. I wish Deeperlife stood its ground on NO TV and we'll have less rebellious children and crass fornicators as Frosbel, Afam4ever, and Biolabee who all needs urgent spiritual help to get them out of the way of perdition. The world of believers will be better off without the TV's but its too late as pornography has moved to smartphones and this is not smart at all.

I wonder why you drive to work in a car that hs been used as the instrument of hit and run

I wonder why you use the internet (which contains p0rnography,used for scams) to post your comments

I wonder why you go to formal school which also trained pen thieves

I wonder....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.