Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61566 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2013
I REMEMBER WHEN OWNING A TELEVISION OR WATCHING ONE WAS A SIN, AND AFTER MUCH 'thoughts' IT WAS NO LONGER CONSIDERED A SIN AND TODAY THEY EVEN HAVE A T.V STATION. LMAO... LETS C HOW IT GOES. VERY SOON MOST OF THE GUYS WOULD PREFER GETTING MARRIED TO LADIES IN OTHER CHURCHES XO THE WEDDING WOULD BE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. AFTERALL ITS THEIR DAY.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by tohirah(f): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2013
On suspemsion to ask for forgiveness?? Now that you've suspended them,does it mean they shouldn't come to church again? If ye, where are they suppose to ask for forgivenes? Wouldn't it be quickly forgiven in the church. Oh, I forgot. There are other churches they can port to grin
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Goke7: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Goke, you got my name wrong but wait o, Love is Deeperlife, John is Deeperlife, and I am Deeperlife, which one be your own palava. go rest now. See the wedding sef dem no gree give you invitation, why you come dey vex now. I said Deeperlife let you go because of your unrepentant fornication and the Church is OK since you willingly chose your part. If any other assembly can tolerate your whoredom, good luck to them. Please no insult is intended but I can tell you why you left Deeperlife

Thank you very much for introducing 'YOURSELF' as an unrepentant fornicator and a LovePeddler, I never knew your kind of guys were much in Deeper Life, now wonder the amount of headaches your leadership is having now.Hypocrites of the highest order!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2013
Abu Mikey: As much as I am christian,but doing this to a couple because they did their marriage the way the want it so as to feel happy/satisfied is arrant
[size=32pt]Rubbish!!![/size]

My dear,

Nairaland contributed to the furoré that ensued after said wedding.

I thought we should be shouting "kudos" to the pastorate of DCLM for taking disciplinary action.

If you love to live the way Deeper Life people live, join them. If you don't, leave them alone.

I an not a member of said church, but I live by the Bible-proven tenets of my church, and I know better than to criticize other churches.

In my church (RCCG) If a bride comes inappropriately dressed (as per church rules) the wedding most probably will not hold. In fact, designated female ministers will check the wedding gown days ahead.

Like I said, if you like the ways of the church you're attending, love it 100% and leave other churches to God.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Gen 35 speaks about the symbols of idol worship and household gods that labans daughters brought into jacobs home

Read gen 31. 14 - 46

You have not amswered my question gold was used to make the idol and later used in makin the ark of the covenant

Kaysalas:

If you are a sincere seeker then i have this for you.
yes, God told them to do as you said, but after the creation of molten images by Aaron, the thing displeased God, i have posted some references here kindly read thru again.. gen 35v1-5, 1 thi 2v 9 and many more which you should find out. remember hebrews 8 v 7. It took me years to finally come to grasp with this, but please kindly consider DL teachings with an objective heart. i had a picture of an American preacher on my phone, its a pity i deleted it. the man's wive and daughters were typically 'DEEPER LIFE' save for the color of their skin, and hair which wasnt plaited 'deeper life style'. so what are we talking about. All those peeps saying na African man own dey different, please try and do a lil more research on the internet, google search fanny crosby, mrs crawford of apostolic faith church, those of you in U.S and U.K, please pay a visit to this church and see thingd for yourself.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Lampsy(m): 8:07am On Jul 03, 2013
mu2sa2: No one is compelled to stay in a church. But if u choose to belong to a church u should abide by the churh`s rules.
More or less why dey neva held d weddin at dat church,obviously d doctrines n teachings of d church never ever appealed to dem.finally,wat is done is done,n all dis r jst campaign after election.hapy married life John n Love...
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by PERFECT2(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2013
If ur church cannot change u,u change church. Pls,if u can't beat them,u leave dem.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Natasha2(f): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2013
crying over spilled milk diidnt the couple know about the church standard?? They should just leave the church its obvious they want to be free from religious slavery grin

The way we serve God in Nigeria tire me. Some people give irrelevant rules like say na them write bible mtcheww.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by silver25(f): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2013
Wht matters is holiness unto the lord be pure within and without
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by abeyoyebanjiya(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2013
pls my fellow christian youth wen its ur turn do as Jesus wish us to do d marriage becos it is an institution by God,so help us Lord frm all dis church doctrine ooo,it help sometym and sometym anoda side.....
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Vado(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2013
This is unbelieveably retarded. There was nothing the couples had on that depicted immorality. Jesus didnt die for this bs deeper life is promoting. They should leave the newlyweds alone and stop embarassing Christianity this way. Wtf!!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Ukeachu1(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2013
careless souls . be more concerned wit urself.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by supereagle(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2013
kulyie: honestly things like this suprises me.like my pastor will say start where the bible starts and stop where the bible stops.if you as a christian irrespective of denomination reads your bible well you will not be easily moved by hypocritical man made laws and doctrines.please where in the bible did God say you should not wear lipstick or make your hair look good or wear a particular kind of wedding gown.if there is anything to go by,the bible emphasized on modesty and placing more emphasis on internal beauty and grace.you can look good with a beautiful wedding gown,right make up in simplicity and class,right hair and still be modest and as for jwelries let them continue deceiving themselves.the private jet or commercial plane that their members enter,no be steel they take make am,some of the architectural design,no be steel,some bibles,no be steel.abi where in the bible did jesus state categorically that thou shall not wear earing and necklace.smh
You av not read your bible very well.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2013
Please can you explain what THE STANDARD is for marital dressing and ceremonies

phapi: NLD is one of the foremost social media that contributed negatively to d wedding of JOHN KUMIYI

I still can't fid the portion of the bible that restricts the kind of gown LOVE KUMIYI wore on her wedding DAy, all I see is jst religious and church sentiments coz they are PASTORS WARDS,to me as a member of DLCM I see no fault

GOT this to say"G.S pls knw JOHN is bearing ur name and not DLCM leadership* u could had looked well before u leaped"
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Eneze1(f): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2013
first thing first what I see here is hypocrisy of the highest order, I was once a deeper life member including my family but the way things are run in that church is like being men pleasers, what will somebody say if I do this? after my mum left the country to the US the choir in US are always wearing hats to minister in the church even church members do that and I now wonder y is it that hats are allowed in the US and not in Nigeria, if you wear an hat to a deeperlife church in Nigeria you are a sinner and you are worldy. secondly the wedding dress that my mum's pastor daughter wore on her wedding day in the US is beautiful yet you can't wear that type in Nigeria, one thing have noticed about that church is double standards and hypocrisy. the Bible says looking up to God the author and Finisher of out faith not men. EOD
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:39am On Jul 03, 2013
Kuly I dey gbadun you jaawe

Very good points but he has not answered you

God sees what Is within

I see no holiness is someone who hates all her neighbours and cannt share in love yet carries bible and head scarf

If you do not love man how can you show you love God

kulyie: grin grin the bible which you and i love so much said be yee holy as i am holy.it did not say impress your pastor so that people will think you are righteous,dress dull and look like an old clown,so that people will see you as holy,righteous and modest.holiness has to do with the inward you.even when the bible refered to external holiness,it said cleanliness is next to Godliness,he did not say wearing this or wearing that shows you are holy or unholy wink 8-)
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by moscobabs(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2013
huunmmn....ok as a Deeper Life member,me too go do my wedding in Western world way,make den suspend me and my wife too for 2months.hypocrisy in the Church of God
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:42am On Jul 03, 2013
Don't you think this was used to ensure the foreign branches start to comply with the home branches on the wedding dress

At this rate deeper life will die out in 30 yrs

Eneze1: first thing first what I see here is hypocrisy of the highest order, I was once a deeper life member including my family but the way things are run in that church is like being men pleasers, what will somebody say if I do this? after my mum left the country to the US the choir in US are always wearing hats to minister in the church even church members do that and I now wonder y is it that hats are allowed in the US and not in Nigeria, if you wear an hat to a deeperlife chucrh in Nigeria you are a sinner and you are worldy. secondly the wedding dress that my mum's pastor wore on her wedding day in the US is beautiful yet you can't wear that type in Nigeria, one thing have noticed about that church is double standards and hypocrisy. the Bible says looking up to God the author and Finisher of out faith not men. EOD
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by CHEKWASUCHE(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2013
mtchweee! U guyz shld liv wat dy wrote in a motor nd enter moto. D bible said dat man luks in d outword of a man, bt God luks inward. Judge nt so dat u wunt b judge. I rest ma comment.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:51am On Jul 03, 2013
There is no hope anymore

Pastors are complicit in the deception about the health of the late yar adua

Claim universities were not built with tithes and offering

Receive private jets from unknown sources

They claim wedding pics were photshopped

Where is the hope

Kirinwa: But wait oh.I thought they denied /tried to justify the action? Thought I saw that on front page?

This apology must have been forced or coerced out of them to prevent a breakup of deeper life.Politics!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by fxman62: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2013
slimyem: Mtcheeeeeew. Rubbish!!
Pray and seek forgiveness for doing what?
Na John and Love get time sha. undecided

You really may not understand what they did wrong because of your upbringing and association. A child who disobeys the father has dishonoured him and run foul of God's commandment - "Honour your father and your mother". Such a child needs to pray to God for forgiveness. Look at it from this angle. John and Love are members of the Deeper Life, brought up under the doctrines of the Bible as taught by the church. At no time before now did either of them denouce the doctrine nor did they renounce their membership of the church. In fact, they were workers in the church! I used the word 'were' because now they are no more, having been suspended. But prior to their wedding they were. Church workers in Deeper life accept and probably teach others these doctrines.It is therefore wrong of the two of them to turn round and do contrary to the teachings on the day of their wedding.
Deeper Life teaches modesty in all things and that is what the Bible teaches. The church also teaches separation from the world and it's practices and principles. This includes the way the unconverted world marries and conduct marriages, burials, naming ceremonies, housewarming etc, dressing, relationships and associations. And this are supported by the Bible! Read up 1 John 2:15-17. It is a commandment not an advice.
Deeper Life does not impose these Bible doctrines on its members. Members subscribe to it of their own volition. No one is held captive in Deeper Life. The church makes it clear that anyone who is tired of these Bible doctrines is free to leave. Pastor Kumuyi is not a crowd gatherer. He says it all the time that he desires church members who wish to make heaven.
If you are an outsider in Deeper Life, you will never understand what makes members stick to the church. Sometimes I wonder these days if things are not changing in the church. Those yester-years, Deeper Lifers used to be the laughing stock of every body. Then the church stood uncompromising in ALL things. But these days the church is taking on a more liberal outlook and is gaining acceptability with the world. It ought not be so. The church and the world are two parallel lines that ought never to meet. I sincerely pray that the Lord will revive His church so that Deeper Life will not mind the criticisms and jeers of the world but remain focused on heaven and Bible doctrines.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2013
With the post you have used to judge so shall it be used to judge you

Ish

Deeper_danNY:

Hear ye Korah_Frosbel, Dathan_Biolabee and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, s and your company. In Deeperlife we do not train children like Absalom in the family. for an outsider to the kingdom to start advising children to leave like a prodigal son is a fail adventure,
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2013
The yokes and doctrines of men

Mazi_Omenuko: ". . . My yoke is easy, and my burden light"

Deeper life are making God's yoke heavier than it is.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Drbolie(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2013
kulyie: honestly things like this suprises me.like my pastor will say start where the bible starts and stop where the bible stops.if you as a christian irrespective of denomination reads your bible well you will not be easily moved by hypocritical man made laws and doctrines.please where in the bible did God say you should not wear lipstick or make your hair look good or wear a particular kind of wedding gown.if there is anything to go by,the bible emphasized on modesty and placing more emphasis on internal beauty and grace.you can look good with a beautiful wedding gown,right make up in simplicity and class,right hair and still be modest and as for jwelries let them continue deceiving themselves.the private jet or commercial plane that their members enter,no be steel they take make am,some of the architectural design,no be steel,some bibles,no be steel.abi where in the bible did jesus state categorically that thou shall not wear earing and necklace.smh
pls jst open your Bible if have 1 to the Book of Isaiah 3 vs 16-26 and c how God was talkin to his children about those things u mention above.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by blackmale1: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2013
[b][/b]
Hourglass4real: Members don't be fooled,I suggest u all start doing d same thing. Mak ur weddng beautiful,wear nice gown and light make-up as she did, apologize latr... D GO ws present@ dat weddng,he lined up,snapd pictures... Al dis ones they r saying now is story. Instead of them abolishing d useless rule aftr wht happend,they r busy making sure no one else follows his son's nd DL footsteps. Hypocrisy
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Are you aware the romans cast lots for jesus clothes
Luke 23.34

Why will they do this for rags that that you call your wedding gowns

It's illuminating that the flock are content in their trance-like mute state sayign these are the rules of the organisation

Rules sound pharaisacalwhich jesus condemned
Mark 7:8 (laying aside the commandment of God ye uphold the tradition of men)

toyonnet: @oyinprince Is there different in the way the couple dress to the way someone in the world dress?OOos
Someone who kill people for Money rituals,One who steal? Think about that
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Excel30: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2013
They shld go&live with them to know wen they will derail fr the missionary position of sex to diffrent syles of sex, so as to sentence them to hell fire.I never knew is a sin to be oneself!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Was God talking about the haughty pride of the daughters of zion or the gold they wore

Read the same chapter vs 8

Their tongue and doings are against the Lord

Drbolie: pls jst open your Bible if have 1 to the Book of Isaiah 3 vs 16-26 and c how God was talkin to his children about those things u mention above.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Saintp(m): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2013
I dont really understand the brouhaha generated by this issue. i dont really like the extreme conservative views of the church, however, it is thier doctrine and all members must abide by it.

If you are not comfortable with their doctrine, why not leave the church. Some have left.
Remember this is a sensitive issue. it involves the son of Kumuyi himself. if he does not act, tongues will start wagging favouratism so he has to act inorder to save the church and i respect him for that.

While i feel they go to far, its still better than some very liberal pentecostal christains who have turned dressing into being naked all in the name of fashion.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Eneze1(f): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee: Don't you think this was used to ensure the foreign branches start to comply with the home branches on the wedding dress

At this rate deeper life will die out in 30 yrs

this was just done because a lot of controversy has already been generated regarding the issue in the church,which my Dad testifies to, anytime my mum comes home the kind of cloth she is wearing to church over there if she wears in Nigeria church members will say she has backslide, you can imagine how pathetic the situation is, she said something one day when she came around that when they go for evangelism in the US if they tie scarf nobody is going to listen to them but they always leave their hair open and there was a day they went for evangelism and a white man told him that its because of poverty in Africa that made us to be so religious which is the truth
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Okeikpu(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2013
My neighbor turned toan angel Michael overnight after converted to d.life, he stopped watching n listening to radio... He change his normal voice n footsteps,,, So all dis one una dey see now na small thing.. Dis pple holy pass God

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.