Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law (61536 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

As a mark of respect to the Church authority John and Love did the right and the noble thing. And why do you cry more than Deeperlife, It is our children and our business. And you have a choice and a decision to make very quickly too like the Angels told lot, escape for your life from this present Sodom. If you don't you'll beg John and Love on the last day to plead with father Abraham on your behalf, but alas turned away from the beautiful gate

Heaven will be full of surprises, if this is how u behave offline my brother, you are not going to be there. You people are too judgemental, the bible says judge not, you skiped that verse of the scripture. Pls don't quote me
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Drbolie(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2013
biolabee: Was God talking about the haughty pride of the daughters of zion or the gold they wore

Read the same chapter vs 8

Their tongue and doings are against the Lord

bible say dat all dat re writtin affortime are 4 our learnin if God is condemin doughters of zion 4 doin wearin dose things we believers should take correction 4rm there.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by mkpakana1: 9:39am On Jul 03, 2013
It is well
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by fxman62: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2013
Eneze1:

this was just done because a lot of controversy has already been generated regarding the issue in the church,which my Dad testifies to, anytime my mum comes home the kind of cloth she is wearing to church over there if she wears in Nigeria church members will say she has backslide, you can imagine how pathetic the situation is, she said something one day when she came around that when they go for evangelism in the US if they tie scarf nobody is going to listen to them but they always leave their hair open and there was a day they went for evangelism and a white man told him that its because of poverty in Africa that made us to be so religious which is the truth

Poverty may indeed push many to prosperity and deliverance based churches, not to Bible believing churches. Before the coming of the Bible, Africans have been largely religious. We believed in God, righteousness and life after death. We believed in heaven and hell. Christianity only came to point us to Christ's atoning work for us. 'White men' brought the gospel to our land. Today their grand children have abandoned the faith because of 'knowledge' that is threatening to consume them. Don't be fooled!. That is why it is black men going to preach to them. Christianity took hold in Europe not because of poverty, but because of the aggressiveness and holiness of the earlier apostles. There is a difference between religiosity and Christianity. Deeper Life is a Bible believing church and does not preach religion, but 'Holiness without which no one can see the Lord' (Heb 12:14).

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Praise the Lord for the exit of the great fornicator

You are a joke

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by lomprico(m): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Kaysalas:

cry cry did you say you are a member? Well, it is not an uncommon thing. so after all the bible studies, TRETS and sunday worship services, you still can say this? well, everybody is entitled to his opinion, member or no member, but please read gen 35 v 1-4, i thi 2 v 9, peradventure you havent come across it all your stay in DL
He has the right to say wat he said. Why make a law and then have "sacred cows" that are exempted from it? It's just like in george orwell's 'animal farm' where "some animals are more equal than others".
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by coastalqueen: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2013
First of, i don't think the couple needed to apologise publicly, they didn't commit any sin as far as the bible is concerned, if John feels he angered his father, he should have gone to apologise to him in person, it is no one's business. Secondly, the whole earring and make-up thing doesn't make sense to me, All of you in support of that had better open your eyes, go to Rev 21vs2, Jesus described his church as a bride adorned for her husband, which means a bride shd look extremely beautiful for her husband, looking like a 16th century slave on your wedding day is even against what the bible stated. Stop worshipping people, go to church and do what the bible says, deeper life, redeemed mfm, whatever, just do what your bible tells you. These churches didnt exist before the 20th century yet some people died and went to heaven. Geeez!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2013
Talk about religious bondage. This is some real crappy crap.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by tomakint: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Oyinbo mi, abeg roll me one nice akpu and ogbonno soup with panla to ki, saki, abodi and one bottle of small stout to chill as I read this "NEWS" undecided

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 03, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Hear ye Korah_Frosbel, Dathan_Biolabee and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, s and your company. In Deeperlife we do not train children like Absalom in the family. for an outsider to the kingdom to start advising children to leave like a prodigal son is a fail adventure,

I give up
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2013
Haha even the good book says do not make me too rich that if forget God but not too poor that I steal and curse God

Eneze1:

this was just done because a lot of controversy has already been generated regarding the issue in the church,which my Dad testifies to, anytime my mum comes home the kind of cloth she is wearing to church over there if she wears in Nigeria church members will say she has backslide, you can imagine how pathetic the situation is, she said something one day when she came around that when they go for evangelism in the US if they tie scarf nobody is going to listen to them but they always leave their hair open and there was a day they went for evangelism and a white man told him that its because of poverty in Africa that made us to be so religious which is the truth
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by fxman62: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2013
@biolabee:

No, at this rate Deeper Life will not die out in 100 years! What kills a church is compromise not upholding the standard of the word of God. If Deeper Life continues to preach the Bible, it will outlive all its critics just like the Bible has outlived its critics. Jesus said, "I tell you that if these ones should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out". Luke 19:40. What is happening today is very pathetic. Children raised by Deeper Life parents on the doctrines of the Bible are rebelling against their parents and the Bible. In doing so, they are fulfilling the above verse because children on non-deeper Lifers are embracing the faith with great zeal. Thank God, Pastor Kumuyi never had his children in mind as his would-be successors as some other founders do. Maybe if that had been so, we would have been saying all is lost. Besides, many do not realize that there are many Deeper Life churches all over the place but bearing other names. These are denominations founded by ex-deeper life pastors and who are preaching the same Bible doctrines as Deeper Life and living the life too! So whichever way, Deeper Life cannot die because the Bible cannot die!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Okeikpu(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2013
Why Jamaica if i may ask, how many of their members can afford a ticket to Jamaica?? Cuz i believed most of them wud luv to attend dat wedding sad
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2013
Are we reading the same bible

Do you know what haughty means -pride

He resists the proud

He is not condemning their outward appearance but their inward pride

Smh..

Drbolie: bible say dat all dat re writtin affortime are 4 our learnin if God is condemin doughters of zion 4 doin wearin dose things we believers should take correction 4rm there.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Makuos: 10:15am On Jul 03, 2013
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36 KJV)
"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." (1 Peter 4:15 KJV)
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!
What is this ‘posting’ and ‘sharing’ of John’s wedding pictures all about? To you who either posted or shared, what was your motive? What message were you trying to pass across. Is that your own message of the cross? Is that the mandate that Christ gave you? A lot of tracts bearing the message of salvation are lying all about with no one to post on nairaland/facebook. So also are posters and handbills for church programmes. Only a few post these. But you have all the time in the world to post pictures and pass unguarded comments. What has caused others serious heartbreak is what you are busy jesting about. Until now I never knew that John was and is the Messiah of many (or why would he suddenly become the object of both national and international discussion); neither did I know that he was the author and finisher of the faith of a lot of professing believers.
Now you point accusing fingers and spite the message of the man of God on worldliness. While you are busy focusing on John, your own spirituality is depreciating by the seconds... Why will you go to hell because of another man’s mistake. Don’t you think that will be your greatest undoing? Friend, away with all the frivolities, carnalities and sensualities on social media. If your page is not promoting Christ and extending the frontiers of His coming kingdom, you had better deactivate it. Resign from the league of shallow-minded critics and enrol in the school of prayer. If you feel you don’t need prayers, then pray for others. There are millions of people in the world who need prayers, myself inclusive. Christ will soon come. If he meets you gossiping and backbiting, I’m sure He will not smile and say “well done, thou good and faithful servant.” Of course, there is freedom of speech but it is not freedom to run off at the mouth. Stay at your duty post (that is, if you have one) and stop meddling in other men’s affair. If you can’t help to ameliorate the matter, then don’t worsen it. And for you whose exalted position is that of gossiping, backbiting and slandering, and who don’t have any work to do for Christ, I urge you to find one and do it faithfully.
Then for you who are yet to marry, we will wait till your wedding day to see the ‘wonders’ you will perform. I’m sure you will like to make headlines, not only in the best and widely-read newspapers here on earth but also in hell!
Praying or gossiping? Rewards sure abound for both, but in different places.
A word, they say, is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2013
Brings to mind the amended version of the 7 commandments of the Animal farm rules; rule number 7: All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others! The suspension is just propaganda, will that stop them from being son and daughter-in-law of Kumuyi? Will that make them go hungry? Or does it mean that only those who follow deeper life doctrines will make heaven? I hope other members will take a cue from this and try to look nice on their wedding day, they'll be suspended and that will be it but they'll smile when they see their pictures in future, especially after their suspension is over.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Let us examine how deeperlife measures up to the principles of LOVE as explained in 1 Corinthians 13.

1. Love does not boast - Their boasting is unparalleled, for example they say things like 'we are one of the only few churches standing ' or 'you are lucky to be here where the word of God is taught undiluted ' etc.

2. Love is not puffed up - They are puffed up because they know the word of GOD more than others. They take pride in their end to end knowledge of the bible and great teachings.

3. Love is not proud - They are proud because they believe they are a lot better than many other churches and worldly Christians. They are proud of their high standards of dress and comportment.

4. Love is not self-seeking - Deeperlife is always seeking how to promote their church and bring people into membership instead of bringing people into the kingdom of GOD , irrespective of which church they may go to.

5. Love does not dishonour others - They dishonour outsiders who criticise them or who are nor part of their church calling them Korahs, fornicators , compromisers etc

The list is endless.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by ebirimonyinye(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
Abeg na wetin sef? Marriage is once in a life tin, I don't see ani big deal in dis whole ish. They are just makin a big deal out of it. Ah is it not a human being dat made the rules? Hmmmmm am just passin ohhhhh :-x
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by saintedwards: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2013
Am sure most of our DLC sisters are virgins if not DLC need to adjust there wedding rules!!
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by adaobasi(f): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2013
@Kulyie,you are so on point.Some Africans who are Christains are either gullible or hypocrits.There are many weightier matters the Bible warned about.Things like judging others,anger,malice etc.
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 03, 2013
fxman62: @biolabee:

No, at this rate Deeper Life will not die out in 100 years! What kills a church is compromise not upholding the standard of the word of God. If Deeper Life continues to preach the Bible, it will outlive all its critics just like the Bible has outlived its critics. Jesus said, "I tell you that if these ones should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out". Luke 19:40. What is happening today is very pathetic. Children raised by Deeper Life parents on the doctrines of the Bible are rebelling against their parents and the Bible. In doing so, they are fulfilling the above verse because children on non-deeper Lifers are embracing the faith with great zeal. Thank God, Pastor Kumuyi never had his children in mind as his would-be successors as some other founders do. Maybe if that had been so, we would have been saying all is lost. Besides, many do not realize that there are many Deeper Life churches all over the place but bearing other names. These are denominations founded by ex-deeper life pastors and who are preaching the same Bible doctrines as Deeper Life and living the life too! So whichever way, Deeper Life cannot die because the Bible cannot die!

You need to stop promoting and boasting about your church, this is IDOLATRY.

If we boast , let us boast like Paul :

"Therefore, as the Scriptures say, "If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD." - 1 Corinthians 1:31
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by oggy005(f): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2013
mu2sa2: No one is compelled to stay in a church. But if u choose to belong to a church u should abide by the churh`s rules.

u are absolutely right musa. that is why there are various denominations, sect, etc for various people, race, ethnicity etc .when in Rome,u behave like the Romans.. u cant abide by the doctrine move to other denominations. i likened the deeper life church to our peculiar families. some families would disown daughters who have babies outside wedlock or teenage pregnancy while some families would embrace their daughters and the offspring, some families would even go as far as arranging for the termination of this pregnancy...what i'm saying is despite the strict laid down rules, we are who we are

But really, place of worship should have a set standard. God himself set standards for those carrying the ark.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by naijathings(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2013
y'all busy talking of John and Love while John is probably giving her some "deeperlife forbidden" dohggy and monkey styles on their honeymoon. oh.. wait.. do they do honeymoon?
very boring group of people.

no tv, no bl+wjobs, watch pastor from projector, no gucci, no jewlery, no 9 inch heels, rubber thread, puff hand blouse, printing long skirts, smelly hair, .

they all better make it to heaven cos its gonna be real sad if any of them go to hell after all this formings.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by fxman62: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2013
Makuos: "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36 KJV)
"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." (1 Peter 4:15 KJV)
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!
What is this ‘posting’ and ‘sharing’ of John’s wedding pictures all about? To you who either posted or shared, what was your motive? What message were you trying to pass across. Is that your own message of the cross? Is that the mandate that Christ gave you? A lot of tracts bearing the message of salvation are lying all about with no one to post on nairaland/facebook. So also are posters and handbills for church programmes. Only a few post these. But you have all the time in the world to post pictures and pass unguarded comments. What has caused others serious heartbreak is what you are busy jesting about. Until now I never knew that John was and is the Messiah of many (or why would he suddenly become the object of both national and international discussion); neither did I know that he was the author and finisher of the faith of a lot of professing believers.
Now you point accusing fingers and spite the message of the man of God on worldliness. While you are busy focusing on John, your own spirituality is depreciating by the seconds... Why will you go to hell because of another man’s mistake. Don’t you think that will be your greatest undoing? Friend, away with all the frivolities, carnalities and sensualities on social media. If your page is not promoting Christ and extending the frontiers of His coming kingdom, you had better deactivate it. Resign from the league of shallow-minded critics and enrol in the school of prayer. If you feel you don’t need prayers, then pray for others. There are millions of people in the world who need prayers, myself inclusive. Christ will soon come. If he meets you gossiping and backbiting, I’m sure He will not smile and say “well done, thou good and faithful servant.” Of course, there is freedom of speech but it is not freedom to run off at the mouth. Stay at your duty post (that is, if you have one) and stop meddling in other men’s affair. If you can’t help to ameliorate the matter, then don’t worsen it. And for you whose exalted position is that of gossiping, backbiting and slandering, and who don’t have any work to do for Christ, I urge you to find one and do it faithfully.
Then for you who are yet to marry, we will wait till your wedding day to see the ‘wonders’ you will perform. I’m sure you will like to make headlines, not only in the best and widely-read newspapers here on earth but also in hell!
A word, they say, is enough for the wise!

My brother or sister, do not be angry at this people. Read 2 Samuel 16:5-10, you will understand what is happening. Absalom rebelled against his father and drove him from the throne. In his furgitive state, Shimei threw stones at david and cursed him. Abishai wanted to kill Shimei for dishonouring the King but David restrained him saying in verse 10: :"so let him curse for the Lord hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore has thou done so" Whatever these outsiders say against our pastor, John caused it. If only he had a spared a thought about the consequences of his action or inaction on his father and the church, no one will have room to throw stones at the church. Rather than be upset with them, I suggest we leave this forum and begin to pray thus:
1. God help our Pastor in these trying times that he will not be weak.
2. Lord give Pastor Kumuyi and all other leaders the strength to continue to teach the undiluted word of God.
3. Lord give all Deeper life parents the wisdom to answer all questions that their children can throw at them at this moment
4. Lord, settle the minds of all church members who have been confused by the whole saga
5. Lord, help John and Love that they will spend this period in true soul searching and prayer to God for forgiveness and restoration.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Eneze1(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2013

do you know that a lot of the church young generation are leaving because of hypocrisy which is the order of the day, what kills a church more than that?
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by biolabee(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2013
Haha..

I have heard you

You should ask yourself why people are leaving the only standard for bible believers

Is the church now the bible that will not die

Haha

I will direct you to isa 64.6

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Kachi01: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2013
[Makuos]"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." (Matthew 12:36 KJV)
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!
A word, they say, is enough for the wise!].

You've said it all. End of discusion.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by busolayemi: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
guys haba!!! give dis guys a break na...i dont get people's problem with this couple's apology...As much as i mught not see anything wrong with the dressing, the limo, the cake or whtever they used for their wedding but please this is Africa...When an elder is angry with a younger person, whether or not the anger is justified, the younger person is supposed to apologise....it's obvious the son and the wife understood this and they did according to custom and tradition....accepted the letter might not be out of their own volition but trust me its very necesary....Now, to the issue of them been placed on discipline...i can categoriclly tel u that they werent sent out of the church...they just wouldnt be workers in the church for while....this will give them more time to ask God for more grace nd forgiveness 'if they feel they have sinned in any way'....for the records, i'm not a deeper life member but pls, this couple is too young for this kind of controversy...lets please llow them enjoy their honeymoon...realy feeling their pains....e joooooooo

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Okeikpu(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
E be like say you know them wella. I pity any man wey marry deeper life sister. By asking for anything other than missionary then you're in hell already. Infact, you dare not else dem go discuss your case for church.
THE WAY DIS PPLE DEY TAKE BRAINWASH THEIR MEMBERS DEY SURPRISE ME SOMETIMES... grin
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by gistyinka(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2013
busolayemi: guys haba!!! give dis guys a break na...i dont get people's problem with this couple's apology...As much as i mught not see anything wrong with the dressing, the limo, the cake or whtever they used for their wedding but please this is Africa...When an elder is angry with a younger person, whether or not the anger is justified, the younger person is supposed to apologise....it's obvious the son and the wife understood this and they did according to custom and tradition....accepted the letter might not be out of their own volition but trust me its very necesary....Now, to the issue of them been placed on discipline...i can categoriclly tel u that they werent sent out of the church...they just wouldnt be workers in the church for while....this will give them more time to ask God for more grace nd forgiveness 'if they feel they have sinned in any way'....for the records, i'm not a deeper life member but pls, this couple is too young for this kind of controversy...lets please llow them enjoy their honeymoon...realy feeling their pains....e joooooooo

You only apologise when you have done something wrong.

They did nothing wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos) / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.