Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address (21393 Views)

APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments / Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by 2fine2fast(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2013
Take it easy on these guys, it happens in developed countries like Japan,South Korea and the likes. The only difference is just that nothing good comes out of their brouhaha unlike them.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by solacec4t(f): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2013
beautiful80: [Bluetooth]

(Stop lamenting. . .Was it not you guys that voted them into power ? Next time,you learn to use your vote wisely) and u that did not vote them what difference is there between you and the people that voted who knows may be is because u didnt vote that why we are having this problm

My dear, in Nigeria an election result is already known before the election. so vote or no vote....the winner will emerge.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by Kessythegeek(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2013
I heard its constituitional...for lawmakers to go as far as fighting each other...when not satisfied with a ruling..lol #justwhatiheard
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by jude33084(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2013
Desdola: A show of shame indeed. what r they teaching d future leaders?

@ the bolded; do you think they exist?

The youth leader in Lagos state is 65yrs + and we still talk about future undecided
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by docadams: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2013
They have become Senatasses a long time ago. I wished it could be so reflected in the statue books.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by gerald09(m): 9:08am On Jul 04, 2013
Symphony007: What a shame..the nigerian government is a disgrace. I can understand if members of the house of representatives fight because they are the true representatives of the people, more passionate and more in number but the senate? Which is supposed to be a gentlemens club for the luminated? Shamefull, how many times have you seen members of the house of lords or u.s senate fight? Once again..shame!
U see ur life! I was just lookin to find some lost souls like u who will start to compare Nigeria to the UK and the US. Please watch BBC parliament. When will people like u stop dis una comparison with countries that have existed for over 400 years, they have gone thru every shameful experience known to man. What dey do in UK n US top section is not a concern to us, if the senator actually go dere to share money as many of us believe then this fighting should be a bit of good news, cos it shows they actually doin the job. So please stop dis una rubbish on what will UK and US do. Its cos of the US dat egypt is in crisis nw, its cos of US n UK dat syria can't find a peaceful ground. If cos of the UK dat Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are sharing a country with people dat hate each oda. Abeg mind ur self.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by gerald09(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: There should be right to dissenting views. All senators should be accorded the right to free expression of thoughts without fear or hood-winking. From reports, its obvious few elements in the hallowed chamber loyal to the President are bent on 'swaying' the voices of the majority.

In such situations like this people will rather defend their honour by loosing their head than been cowarded by their sell-out colleagues.
It's an anomaly to wish to surplant the voices of the majority in a democracy. Anarchy will definite loom when will change the rule midway down the game.

Those who make peaceful resolutions unachievable makes violence inevitable.

Someone just talked about REVOLUTION.....let's get to rumble!
God bless u bruva, finally a sensible Nigeria. Some of them just come to NL to ask what will UK and US do in any situation In Nigeria. The question is what will a Nigerian do.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by gerald09(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2013
beautiful80: [Bluetooth]

(Stop lamenting. . .Was it not you guys that voted them into power ? Next time,you learn to use your vote wisely) and u that did not vote them what difference is there between you and the people that voted who knows may be is because u didnt vote that why we are having this problm
So where was u when people where voting (the right or wrong way)?
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by fxman62: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2013
There's nothing wrong in throwing an occasional punch in parliament as long as you do not hit your opponent below the belt!
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by sainty2k3(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2013
I wish to be a senator o, but I've not learnt boxing, what should I do o I wish to be a senator o, but I've not learnt boxing, what should I do o. Who can tell me where I can learn boxing , pls.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by almustapha007: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
See what happens in other places!!

Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by johnie: 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
al-mustapha007:
See what happens in other places!!

See more here:

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/1#8175059
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by adrainuche(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Group of babarians calling them self senators !!! I pity for them and their children !!!!
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
them dom chop belleful
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by chistar01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Correct me if am wrong.
Are this not the so called law maker?
If they are acting this way i wonder how the nation is expected to move foward.. Smh..it a pity.
Re: Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address by chei: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is good entertainment! Now they're justifying their mega salaries and handouts.
They should organize fighting sessions once every month.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Election Tribunal: PDP, Atiku Miss Chance To Present 400 Witnesses In 10 Days / 15 In Court For Stealing And Plotting To Kill Patience Jonathan / Amaechi And Tinubu Celebrating Fashola's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.