Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card (162041 Views)

Breaking News!!!apc Leader Caught With 200 Pvcs And Card Reader In Lagos / National Identification Number Enrolment / National Identification Number: Jonathan Will Make All Northerners To Pay Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
scaler345:

How true is this? If you can't open a mere bank account with it, then what is the use?
SMH!!!

I don't know what some people derive in peddling falsehood...that is a lie. Soon your NIN will be your major form of identity.

Apparently what that person took the bank was just the slip...on which it's clearly written that it doesnt confer the privileges of the real card on the holder. Until you have the real card with chip pin...you can expect the bank to open an account for you with the slip.

2 Likes

Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by scaler345: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

I don't know what some people derive in peddling falsehood...that is a lie. Soon your NIN will be your major form of identity.

Apparently what that person took the bank was just the slip...on which it's clearly written that it doesnt confer the privileges of the real card on the holder. Until you have the real card with chip pin...you can expect the bank to open an account for you with the slip.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by musiwa29: 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
It is would not work. Goodluck Jonathan will give himself 51,000,000 number. He just awarded $1 billion for a road worth less than $260 million. does that look like it would work.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2013
ilugunboy:

The way some of you reason on this forum is beyond logical understanding
And u are answering dat fellow? u ar funny o
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by dimdim001(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
I jst did mine 2day & I've misplaced the brown slip dat wz given to me (but I still have the white slip) sad do u guys still think I'll b able 2 get the main ID card wen it's available
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2013
I went to their office here in Jos but I was told to bring my birth certificate/declaration, lga certificate and any ID (national, INEC or office ID), so I had to go back home. I will try again on Thursday.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
I've done mine since february. It should be out by now, but we don't know what's wrong.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
cogitoErgo: I went to their office here in Jos but I was told to bring my birth certificate/declaration, lga certificate and any ID (national, INEC or office ID), so I had to go back home. I will try again on Thursday.
You only need an ID containing your DOB or your birth certificate with declaration of age.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
enigma_otr:
You only need an ID containing your DOB or your birth certificate with declaration of age.
I managed to search out the old national ID, I think that should be OK?
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
cogitoErgo:
I managed to search out the old national ID, I think that should be OK?
That will be ok. But you should know that the DOB on your old national ID will be the one you'll use, just in case you're thinking of adjusting it. wink
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
enigma_otr:
That will be ok. But you should know that the DOB on your old national ID will be the one you'll use, just in case you're thinking of adjusting it. wink
I finally went there today(Thursday 11th. July ), but my experience could best be described as horrible and pathetic, I really pity this country with their inefficient way of handling things!
On getting there, around 11:30am, together with my wife, equipped with all kinds of documents just in case, I was shocked by the security-man who apparently doubles as a receptionist,when he told us that the number of people to be attended to today has been reached! WTF, I was confused, I nearly shouted, what do you mean? but I actually asked politely. He said 40people are to be attended to everyday from the general public, while establishments such as hospitals(JUTH) have 20slots per day, and so on. At that point I became angry and told my wife we are going and never to come back to that place again! Somebody who also came there to have her own done said she was their since 7am only to have it done around 11:30am!
Nigerian factor is gradually entring the registration thing, at least the Jos center! How do those NIMC people expect somebody to come all the way from Pankshin, Shendam, etc to Jos for the sole purpose of ID registration only to be told that the daily slot has been exhausted! As for me, after wasting my money, time, and physical strength, I have decided never to go back again to NIMC Jos center!
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
cogitoErgo:
I finally went there today(Thursday 11th. July ), but my experience could best be described as horrible and pathetic, I really pity this country with their inefficient way of handling things!
On getting there, around 11:30am, together with my wife, equipped with all kinds of documents just in case, I was shocked by the security-man who apparently doubles as a receptionist,when he told us that the number of people to be attended to today has been reached! WTF, I was confused, I nearly shouted, what do you mean? but I actually asked politely. He said 40people are to be attended to everyday from the general public, while establishments such as hospitals(JUTH) have 20slots per day, and so on. At that point I became angry and told my wife we are going and never to come back to that place again! Somebody who also came there to have her own done said she was their since 7am only to have it done around 11:30am!
Nigerian factor is gradually entring the registration thing, at least the Jos center! How do those NIMC people expect somebody to come all the way from Pankshin, Shendam, etc to Jos for the sole purpose of ID registration only to be told that the daily slot has been exhausted! As for me, after wasting my money, time, and physical strength, I have decided never to go back again to NIMC Jos center!

Same thing happened the day i did mine. I got there around 10:30am and i was asked to come back the next day as the people on ground are sufficient for the day, but i refused to leave. It was like my last chance to have it done, so i had to stay. When they finished with those with number tags, they also attended to we without tags as there was still enough time. The Ilorin centre is very fast and they attended to about 150 people in that day. I was number 131.
If you know you can't go early in the morning, you'll have to wait until they start doing the registration in every ward. They've trained ad-hoc staff for that, and i don't know what the delay is about.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
The curious thing here is that nobody here seems to have got the card.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ihedinobi: The curious thing here is that nobody here seems to have got the card.
I dont thnk they are giving the card yet!
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by kaze4blues(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2013
Am presently @ the registration centre in osogbo, osun state.

Mehnnnnn, the experience is horrible.

About 100 people already on ground and there are still several people outside including me.

The nimc staffs don't allow anyone to enter again until they are through with those inside.

Poor arrangement and organization on the part of NIMC.

Few staffs available to attend to people.

Seems I will come back tomorrow.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by kaze4blues(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2013
I have now entered eventually.

No. 36....means 36 people will be attended to before me.

Anyway, anyhow, I must be registered today
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by docjuli(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
kaze4blues: I have now entered eventually.

No. 36....means 36 people will be attended to before me.

Anyway, anyhow, I must be registered today

No, actually 35 people before you. A patient man eats the best cassava bread. wink
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by dimdim001(m): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
docjuli:

No, actually 35 people before you. A patient man eats the best cassava bread. wink

What if he doesn't like cassava bread
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by kaze4blues(m): 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
I eventually left the registration centre @ 5pm since 11am

It was so tiring but am glas that its all over now.

Although we are just developing, we have a very long way to go in nigeria.

Online registration is useless perhaps since one will still be required to fiil the form all again.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
kaze4blues: I eventually left the registration centre @ 5pm since 11am

It was so tiring but am glas that its all over now.

Although we are just developing, we have a very long way to go in nigeria.

Online registration is useless perhaps since one will still be required to fiil the form all again.

Terrible!!!
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Cynsky76(f): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Pls can someone help wit where there office is in anambra
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Mepounds(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Am too busy for that.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Osyxcel(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Cynsky76: Pls can someone help wit where there office is in anambra

It was on page (2).

Anyway, here it is:

Anambra
6 Ndukonwu Street, Off Zik Avenue, Near State C.I.D., Amawbia, Awka, Anambra State
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 20, 2013
My experience in the Lagos affice of NIMC at Alausa was near perfect, well organised and tutored attendants and registrars. It took me just 20mins to get everything done. I wonder why the other states are experiencing hitches.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
lexio: My experience in the Lagos affice of NIMC at Alausa was near perfect, well organised and tutored attendants and registrars. It took me just 20mins to get everything done. I wonder why the other states are experiencing hitches.

Most people that are having problem is mainly due to irregularities in the identification means....
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by nijaboi(m): 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][Ice4jez]any idea on where der officer is sited in kaduna
Scrol up you wil see a link posted by som1 to locate sites in all states.
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Please where is their location in lagos?
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Magicdon(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Take this from me: you are not paying a DIME for this! It is a civic exercise that doesn't involve you to part with any money.
pls i did mine around february early dis year. Can i adjust my date of birth. By now i sup to hav collected my own. Why is the card not yet out pls?
Re: How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card by Magicdon(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
bily:
The printed slip is temporary and it is boldly printed on it that it is such and does not guarantee access to final identity/security number.
That is why the banks don't accept it yet.
Obviously the final id card will be accepted.
pls bro am in enugu. I hav registered since January or February dis year. Yet i have not gotten my card. Hav you gotten yours. Why is the delay in issueing the card? Or is this a scam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election Results From Northern Nigeria / Collection Of Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Grammars / Politics Chat Room - "The Beer Parlour"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.