Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683610 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hussien0456: 1:02am On Aug 03, 2017
[b]Canadian Medical Insurance

Hello , why people doesn't buy Canadian medical insurance (about 3000 USD ) and giving birth there ?

my brother's wife did that , the insurance paid all the fees .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Canadian Medical Insurance

Hello , why people doesn't buy Canadian medical insurance (about 3000 USD ) and giving birth there ?

Please can you shed more light on how they went about getting the insurance? Who did they call? What's the name of the insurance company? And what did it cover exactly? Did it cover Hospital accomodation, drugs, doctors fees, ultrasound, blood tests?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Also has anyone gone back for a second delivery? What was your experience?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hussien0456: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2017
hermosa:

Please can you shed more light on how they went about getting the insurance? Who did they call? What's the name of the insurance company? And what did it cover exactly? Did it cover Hospital accommodation, drugs, doctors fees, ultrasound, blood tests?

i will ask them tomorrow and i will give you feedback but the information i know now is
the maximum amount for Maternity insurance benefit is $10,000 covering ( pregnancy complications , delivery , pre-natal care , nursing care ,)

Also ,
– The insurance policy period has to be no less than 12 months.
– You must NOT get pregnant for at least 2 months after the effective date on your policy commences.

by the way i am from Egypt and while searching i found this website .it was nice to meet you all.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Viola2017: 12:25am On Aug 04, 2017
Okay, eh em em Hotstepper kindly set the exam cos I have read pgs 1 to 53 LOL.... you all are wonderful, from Hotstepper down to ..... you've all made my day, Thanks all. I just applied u.s visa for wify, cos I hv a valid one already. If she is successfulof, we will then apply for Canny visa together. Once again thanks all. I love to prepare on time so as not to rush in and rush out.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by DaTma(f): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
hussien0456:
[b]Canadian Medical Insurance

thank you for this information on Canada insurance...please what is the criteria for obtaining one and are there risk involve like the U.S insurance?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Kunsoft(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2017
Good Morning Family, Please can anyone furnish me with the Requirement for giving birth in Canada. i wish my wife give birth in Canada
She is 5Months Old now i hope is not too late to start the Process.
Many thanks in Anticipation

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Its like Nobody is giving birth in CA again, watapun

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobey2ng(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
mizGene:
Its like Nobody is giving birth in CA again, watapun
People are going through PR program now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2017
tobey2ng:

People are going through PR program now.

I don't really think so. Not everyone wants to relocate. I just think the long visa wait and lack of others giving their own experiences is dulling the thread.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tobey2ng(m): 5:43am On Sep 03, 2017
mizGene:

I don't really think so. Not everyone wants to relocate. I just think the long visa wait and lack of others giving their own experiences is dulling the thread.
May be

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by msgertrude: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2017
Rexwoods:

@hotstepper we are planning to have the baby in Toronto march next yr.
@honey86 sorry about the statement .
Hello madam @hotstepper pls can I get your email addy as regards giving birth in Canada pls it's very important ma.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
msgertrude:

Hello madam @hotstepper pls can I get your email addy as regards giving birth in Canada pls it's very important ma.

Hello sir/ma,
I advice you go read from page 0 to here. I just did same. There are lots of information here and you can then ask you specific questions. Hope this helpa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Greeting to everyone, I notice the thread isnt as active as the US but we can still revive it. I just completed my readings and jotting, thanks to hots temper and every other contributor.

Not sure you still all come here, but my concern now is that I am still not clear about the citizenship status of a child born in Canada by a visitor who works with an international organization. At first, I thought its only when you work in canada for an international organization that your child isnt eligible, later I read again o this same thread that even if you are on a business trip and deliver your baby, he/she isn't a citizen. Can someone help clarify this? Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Omodadi2:
Greeting to everyone, I notice the thread isnt as active as the US but we can still revive it. I just completed my readings and jotting, thanks to hots temper and every other contributor.

Not sure you still all come here, but my concern now is that I am still not clear about the citizenship status of a child born in Canada by a visitor who works with an international organization. At first, I thought its only when you work in canada for an international organization that your child isnt eligible, later I read again o this same thread that even if you are on a business trip and deliver your baby, he/she isn't a citizen. Can someone help clarify this? Thanks.

Canada grants Citizenship by soil regardless of parents status the same as the US.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
Beautyaddy:
[/b]

Canada grants Citizenship by soil regardless of parents status the same as the US.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good evening. This thread is so silent dt I'm afraid to ask questions, I hope someone can help with this.

Does anyone have an idea on the cost of child birth in winipeg ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Autophys1: 7:44am On Oct 04, 2017
Good evening. This thread is so silent dt I'm afraid to ask questions, I hope someone can help with this.

You could go to the websites of hospitals in Winnipeg to make enquiries. Some list their prices and for some, you might have to contact someone in the hospital. They will have a contact for Obgyn services.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2017
Autophys1:

You could go to the websites of hospitals in Winnipeg to make enquiries. Some list their prices and for some, you might have to contact someone in the hospital. They will have a contact for Obgyn services.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shimk: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
good afternoon house.

please I need advice and assistance

I am 5mnths pregnant and want to give birth in Canada

I just want to apply for a Canadian visa

do I apply alone or should I apply as a family?, should I or we apply online?wat do we need to apply?
Is it advisable to get an invite or just book a hotel?

am due in Feb

urgent help needed pls

tanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 6:56am On Oct 14, 2017
shimk:
good afternoon house.

please I need advice and assistance

I am 5mnths pregnant and want to give birth in Canada

I just want to apply for a Canadian visa

do I apply alone or should I apply as a family?, should I or we apply online?wat do we need to apply?
Is it advisable to get an invite or just book a hotel?

am due in Feb

urgent help needed pls

tanks

I personally feel 5months is late to start this journey, however if you get your visa within a month, its ok.

Applying alone or with your family depends on you and understanding available, but i think you shd apply alone to boost your home ties (ur file serves as your tie to Nigeia)

As for what you need to apply, traditional from the begining of this thread, you'll find details or you check on the Canada tourist visa thread. However, pls state your true intention during application so you art send back at POE even if you eventually got a visa.

You can also try USA simultaneously ad a plan B.

All the best.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jbikes: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
hi lesluga, sent you Pm . Thank you
lesluga:
I want to thank you all in this thread especially hotstepper and justwise, You guys have been great.'
Well my journey so far goes like this. I started the process of application in feb 2017 after my wife introduced my to this thread.

I read through all 36 pages at the time and with the info i went online downloaded the required tutorial videos and forms on cic.ca ( the videos are very helpful) .

I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)

The whole visa process took exactly a month and i intially thought they just kept it aside n waited for exactly 30days to send it bck to me with out processing it ( cos a colleague had a similar experience). We were given 5years visa each and the planing for the trip started immediately cos my wife was already 20weeks gone n the baby bump is already showing(2nd baby).
I have gone to drop them over there in canada and am back to work to cont the hustle while they flex and prepare for the baby.
At the point of entry ( toronto), the POE didnt even know my wife was pregnant since all attention was drawn towards me and she too was wearing a winter jacket. The only major question asked was why was i stating a 30days visit and my wife and kid was stating 6 months. I simply told him i had to go back to resume work while my family stay back to spend time with my brother and his family.

For now she is seeing the doc my brother introduced her to and will book an appointment close to her due date to see the gyno to save cost. For those seeking for cheap delivery , you can try canada birthing centers. My wife heard about it but she couldnt secure an appointment cos they were fully booked in the edmonton area. The cost is as low as $500 cad. And only for low risk pregnancies.
So our last phase is ongoing n will update u guys on how it goes. Love u all.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by salford1: 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Beautyaddy:
[/b]

If the child was born to parent(s) where one of the partners work as diplomats or staff of embassy of their home country, then citizenship would not be granted. I think that is the only exception for now.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
salford1:

If the child was born to parent(s) where one of the partners work as diplomats or staff of embassy of their home country, then citizenship would not be granted. I think that is the only exception for now.

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by lesluga: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
jbikes:
hi lesluga, sent you Pm . Thank you

@jbikes ,I have replied u, u can still ask ur questions here if u don't mind so that others can still benefit.
I will b posting our experience n expense later, been a lil busy .

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2017
lesluga:

@jbikes ,I have replied u, u can still ask ur questions here if u don't mind so that others can still benefit.
I will b posting our experience n expense later, been a lil busy .

Would like to read this, the thread is so mute cos ppl arnt sharing details or experiences. It is well!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello Hotstepper, I have read through all the thread and know how to go about the visa application now. What i need help with is any good doctor information in Winnipeg as my friend lives there and she just relocated two months ago so she does not have much information on doctor or hospital. I would really appreciate any information you can give on this.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Thankful11011: 8:31am On Nov 02, 2017
Good day everyone, nice job, please I gave birth to my first baby in the USA, I still have a valid visa and yes I paid all my bills, but I want to give birth to my second in canada, I am 9 weeks old and would like to start the application process, please I wanted to ask, I work but my husband will be sponsoring my trip and he won't be applying with me, so who financial statement do I put in my application ? Do I need to put in my landed papers and all that?, thanks so much every one as I await a response
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by osagieworld: 2:54am On Nov 03, 2017
lesluga:
I want to thank you all in this thread especially hotstepper and justwise, You guys have been great.'
Well my journey so far goes like this. I started the process of application in feb 2017 after my wife introduced my to this thread.

I read through all 36 pages at the time and with the info i went online downloaded the required tutorial videos and forms on cic.ca ( the videos are very helpful) .

I applied for a visitor visa as a family ( wife n kid) and i didnt mention the fact that we were considering child birth. I submitted very credible supporting docs ( statements of accts, salary slips, introduction latter from my company stating my net worth, fix deposit certificates, passed traveling history and letter of invitation from my brother who is a PR)

The whole visa process took exactly a month and i intially thought they just kept it aside n waited for exactly 30days to send it bck to me with out processing it ( cos a colleague had a similar experience). We were given 5years visa each and the planing for the trip started immediately cos my wife was already 20weeks gone n the baby bump is already showing(2nd baby).
I have gone to drop them over there in canada and am back to work to cont the hustle while they flex and prepare for the baby.
At the point of entry ( toronto), the POE didnt even know my wife was pregnant since all attention was drawn towards me and she too was wearing a winter jacket. The only major question asked was why was i stating a 30days visit and my wife and kid was stating 6 months. I simply told him i had to go back to resume work while my family stay back to spend time with my brother and his family.

For now she is seeing the doc my brother introduced her to and will book an appointment close to her due date to see the gyno to save cost. For those seeking for cheap delivery , you can try canada birthing centers. My wife heard about it but she couldnt secure an appointment cos they were fully booked in the edmonton area. The cost is as low as $500 cad. And only for low risk pregnancies.
So our last phase is ongoing n will update u guys on how it goes. Love u all.

hello lesluga (or anyone else that has processed a canadian visa)... did you include a provisional airline booking in your visa application going through the application checklist now and under purpose of trip, it says...provide a provisional airline booking.

please help o!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by maternal: 6:22am On Nov 03, 2017
Thankful11011:
Good day everyone, nice job, please I gave birth to my first baby in the USA, I still have a valid visa and yes I paid all my bills, but I want to give birth to my second in canada, I am 9 weeks old and would like to start the application process, please I wanted to ask, I work but my husband will be sponsoring my trip and he won't be applying with me, so who financial statement do I put in my application ? Do I need to put in my landed papers and all that?, thanks so much every one as I await a response

Why the 2nd one in Canada? Why not have both kids with the same passport. Just curious.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Thankful11011: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2017
because my hubby and i wsnt the second in canada

uote author=maternal post=62023205]

Why the 2nd one in Canada? Why not have both kids with the same passport. Just curious. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodadi2: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
osagieworld:

hello lesluga (or anyone else that has processed a canadian visa)... did you include a provisional airline booking in your visa application going through the application checklist now and under purpose of trip, it says...provide a provisional airline booking.

please help o!

Hello, I am also trying to apply for same. Have you gotten doctor and hospital?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.