Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? (29953 Views)

Will You Let Your Wife You Intend To Marry To Be A Full Time House Wife? / Two Sets Of Black And White Twins Born In The Same Family. / Can An Adopted Girl child Later Be Married Into The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by deols(f): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
It is no big deal. But people fear that if there is a problem with one marriage, the other would be affected.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Temismith: To be on d safe side, twill be better u look else where. U never can say wat d future holds. Just save urself future regrets. Wish u well.

What do u think could be a problem with it . . . I remember growing up and my Dad was against it cos my Uncle was married from the family, and i think it is totally was not fair to me
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by GlobalVillager: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Kai!!! For my own tribe, that one don pass abomination, na abomicontinent.

But its not wrong in some other places
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
GlobalVillager: Kai!!! For my own tribe, that one don pass abomination, na abomicontinent.

But its not wrong in some other places

Please shed more light to why it is abomination in those tribe, i really wanna learn
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by theripper3: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hmmmmm, it doesn't just feel right. The occurrence of such marriages is rare.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
the_ripper3: Hmmmmm, it doesn't just feel right. The occurrence of such marriages is rare.

By whose standard?

1 Like

Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by sagytariusTM1: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Modified
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Isiterere(m): 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by izumcdon: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
What of the brother to a man's wife marrying the man's sister? Is it wrong?
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
Woman topic...... grin cool
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by ajufinz(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Medically speaking....
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by mkoabiola: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
May b d 2 brodas ar frm adeunga
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
lainex: its nt proper what wud da guyz or ladies younger ones call dere children
See reason cheesy
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by fr3do(m): 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: In my culture, it's no. They ll call it in breeding.

but its not inbreeding
there is no blood relationship between the two.rather they are related by marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
mysticgal: its no problem,but personally i wont feel comfortable,coz i love my privacy
Worry not ma'am, ur privacy will be intact. Its not like it'll be some foursome during action time. Heck, u could even be living continent apart & may have to see each other once in a decade tongue
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by thorpido(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So what is the difference to what she is asking and what exactly is wrong with it? . . Just wanna know oh
I said it is allowed except that there are some cultures that won't allow it.The twins who get married usually do on the same day.By the time your sister or brother gets married,then you become more like relatives to that family.I don't think looking for a partner in that family again is right.
There is no known law against it however.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Richbee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
I'm actually a prdt of such union. My dad's brother wife is my mum's elder sister. It is very wonderful. I don't av grandparents, so they act as substitute. There is nofin wrong in it.

1 Like

Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2013
thorpido: I said it is allowed except that there are some cultures that won't allow it.The twins who get married usually do on the same day.By the time your sister or brother gets married,then you become more like relatives to that family.I don't think looking for a partner in that family again is right.
There is no known law against it however.

Na wa oh
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by frainc(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Cori_corde: @topic: I've been wondering the same thing too.
Hahaha u dis small girl, abi u don dey date someone from ur brother in-law side?
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by pekelepekele(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
There is nothing wrong with it . These days that even a woman is marrying two husbands
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Teeswift(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
Temismith: To be on d safe side, twill be better u look else where. U never can say wat d future holds. Just save urself future regrets. Wish u well.

Thanks my sister. To buttress your point, There is this Yoruba proverb which says 'eni ba se ohun ti enikan ose ri, dandan ni ki ori ohun ti enikan ko riri' if ur tradition/tribe does not permit it, pls don't venture into it. U nid to find out d consequencies frm those tht av tried it b4. Dont give urself a name tht u wld nt like to b addressd by pple outside, Pray and search 4 anoda person out there.Don't b blinded by ur present luv as marriage will open ur eyes oo. Wish u all d best.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by lyfe(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
I really do not see anything wrong in it. What culture are we talking about? Is it the same culture that supports men marrying wives of their deceased brothers.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by pazziejosh(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
I dnt c anytin wrong wit dt..cos i hv seen a situatn were a man got married to 2sistas
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by GENTLETEE(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Please avoid it as much as possible ok. It is not the best. If they were twins it is a different case.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by lovelydoll: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
uduoyibo: This is bothering me seriously. I need some advise if it is proper for two sisters to marry to one family, not to one person but two brothers from one family.

theres nothing wrong with tht ,the brothers are not the same person.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by henryvirus(m): 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
I dont think there's anything wrong with it. We are 7boys in the family nd 3sisters have married 3 out of us. Their 4th sister sef,e b lyk say i luv am#winks# we are all happy,no problems whatsoever.its ok.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Biabeke(f): 12:53am On Jul 05, 2013
No, it is not advisable.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by jossy501: 1:19am On Jul 05, 2013
ekwah: why not? undecided No be love be the most important thing?
tell dem !!!
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:32am On Jul 05, 2013
If road good, we go waka am twice or more. That is to say, nothing ganpa!
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by whitecat007: 6:31am On Jul 05, 2013
Just four of you in the town?

uduoyibo: This is bothering me seriously. I need some advise if it is proper for two sisters to marry to one family, not to one person but two brothers from one family.
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Dempsy(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2013
supaeagles: If the the father of the two sons is a millionaire / billionaire then .... yes.... you kuma should even find the third brother to marry smiley
........u have said it all...when money is involve all these things ladies r saying here r secondary....ask ladies,cultures r bypass when money is involvedcheesy
Re: Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family? by Dempsy(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2013
supaeagles: If the the father of the two sons is a millionaire / billionaire then .... yes.... you kuma should even find the third brother to marry smiley
........u have said it all...when money is involve all these things ladies r saying here r secondary....ask ladies,cultures r bypassd when money is involvedcheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This A Good Way To Protect Your Home? / Nurse Helps Deliver A Baby On A Train In Lagos (Photo) / Why Do Nigerians Have These Kinds Of Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.