Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record (37068 Views)

Nigeria Sets New World Record For The Guiness Book / How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? / Any Alternative To Brushing Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by hardeyincah(m): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
Brushing brings out the Madness in you
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpara ugo: Children from 1st world countries are breaking grounds in technology. Nigerian children are brushing teeth ie. ( just waking from sleep).
that's the difference between a first and third world country??

[size=20pt]NO!!![/size] As ''symphony007'' said children in the US gathered to set a world record for pillow fight! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by vislabraye(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
With this new record, our GDP will increase. More jobs will be created and Nigeria will become a tourist attraction. Let us continue. The Western world will envy us.
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by WukedP(m): 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2013
carzola: I gues the source of this post is that big vanguard written in orange.. All of u clap 4 urselves.
Click on it foool
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by burningspear(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
stan-ogb:
It is a good thing that we are setting a record but a bad thing that it is an unnecessary record. There is bribery and corruption, brazen looting of funds while our future leaders are busy BRUSHING their teeth.

I can't stop reading your thoughtful contribution over and over again! It is an urgent call.
Guinness book of record on tooth-brushing is certainly not what we need now.
Corruption is our bane!
And we have cried for so long cry
How do we identify the 'snakes in suits' in our public and private organizations and kick them out of positions of trust?
Imagine what would have changed if these thousands of pupils had gathered to protest corruption and the ungodly looting spree going on in our land.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by PrinceIkye: 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
stan-ogb:
It is a good thing that we are setting a record but a bad thing that it is an unnecessary record. There is bribery and corruption, brazen looting of funds while our future leaders are busy BRUSHING their teeth.
u harshoooo no season 2
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by dabossman(m): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: When other nations are breaking new ground in technology,and attaining new height in innovation.we are busy displaying our stupidityy with one useless attempt. Last time we broke a record on dancing with that stuppid girl called Kaffy,when are we gonna be industrialized for God sake?

Rubbish. SMH

What's stopping you from leading the charge? I bet you are older than Zuckerburg, yet you are here calling someone who has set a record in her field 'stupid'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Bantino(m): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Passed through dat stadia on Thursday morning and I saw Primary school pupils trooping in there, never knew they were about to set a world record. Kudos!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by donem: 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
carzola: I gues the source of this post is that big vanguard written in orange.. All of u clap 4 urselves.
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by dabossman(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
burning_spear:

I can't stop reading your thoughtful contribution over and over again! It is an urgent call.
Guinness book of record on tooth-brushing is certainly not what we need now.
Corruption is our bane!
And we have cried for so long cry
How do we identify the 'snakes in suits' in our public and private organizations and kick them out of positions of trust?
Imagine what would have changed if these thousands of pupils had gathered to protest corruption and the ungodly looting spree going on in our land.

So it is these minors that should gather to protest corruption that you their fathers and mothers, uncles and aunts have been too cowardly to fight abi? Adults are busy entrenching corruption in our country across every sector and you are asking kids to gather and protest when you should be thinking about what kind of legacy we want to pass on to them. At least someone is teaching them to take their dental hygiene serious. What have you been teaching the ones around you?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by chocknolis(m): 12:02am On Jul 07, 2013
this is an humorous award, it is meant to take your mind out of the negative things done in this country. Stop being serious with everything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Jmboy(m): 12:07am On Jul 07, 2013
I.Joan:
By Monsur Olowoopejo
Three hundred thousand pupils from across 600 public schools in Lagos, Thursday, made history as they set a new World Record in tooth brushing.
The pupils set the Guinness World Record by brushing their teeth simultaneously for one minute across 326 locations in the state.

Children brushing for the World Record, Thursday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. PHOTO: AKEEM SALAU.
It will be recalled that the previous record of 177, 003 was set by India in 2007.

naija i hail thee!
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by dominique(f): 12:08am On Jul 07, 2013
Symphony007: look closely at the pic, each kid has a little red cup.

I think the cup contains water for rinsing their mouths. I also wonder where a spat out o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Kellychukadibbs(m): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2013
Joblessness
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by ozoemeka(m): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2013
yay

I.Joan:
By Monsur Olowoopejo
Three hundred thousand pupils from across 600 public schools in Lagos, Thursday, made history as they set a new World Record in tooth brushing.
The pupils set the Guinness World Record by brushing their teeth simultaneously for one minute across 326 locations in the state.

Children brushing for the World Record, Thursday at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. PHOTO: AKEEM SALAU.
It will be recalled that the previous record of 177, 003 was set by India in 2007.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Symphony007: 12:43am On Jul 07, 2013
dominique:

I think the cup contains water for rinsing their mouths. I also wonder where a spat out o.
no.the cup is for spitting. They rinse their mouth afterwards. You can rinse your mouth after brushing but must spit while brushing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by lordbenson(m): 12:48am On Jul 07, 2013
This is a beatiful noncense!
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by alegria(m): 12:59am On Jul 07, 2013
ezeagu: Why are Nigerians so senselessly negative, these kinds of events encourage children's team work skills and sense of working towards a common goal, something that Nigeria is desperately lacking. School isn't all about (cramming) books, it's also about building character, despite popular belief in Nigeria. Despite that these kinds of events are good for Nigeria's international image since the international perception of Nigeria is mostly negative. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute then why type nonsense?

Korrect!
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by alegria(m): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2013
ezeagu: Why are Nigerians so senselessly negative, these kinds of events encourage children's team work skills and sense of working towards a common goal, something that Nigeria is desperately lacking. School isn't all about (cramming) books, it's also about building character, despite popular belief in Nigeria. Despite that these kinds of events are good for Nigeria's international image since the international perception of Nigeria is mostly negative. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute then why type nonsense?

Korrect!
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 07, 2013
imolicool: naija hmm that ok but this record how many years will it last

Guy you resemble person wey dem go call Nnaji Ogbodo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by free2ryhme: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2013
Other countries they break world record for great invention and innovation .. Na brushing teeth una dey get record ... Na wa for dis country and his people
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by riskit33: 1:59am On Jul 07, 2013
MissYuzedo: what a crazy rekod. back to stroking my sweetus yuzeko longpipe
such vulgarism is a shame

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by supaeagles(m): 2:11am On Jul 07, 2013
MissYuzedo: what a crazy rekod. back to stroking my sweetus yuzeko longpipe
It is very sweet that Mrs. Yuzedo considers 4 inches as long cheesy

Meanwhile these kids try - they have put us on the Guinness book of records.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 07, 2013
lol. grin

cute.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 07, 2013
supaeagles: It is very sweet that Mrs. Yuzedo considers 4 inches as long cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

daaaaaang my boy yuzedo has suffered! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by docadams: 2:31am On Jul 07, 2013
Oh, what a miss! I wished my kid was opportuned to be part of this epoch event.
World record aside, organising such an event must have entailed a monstrous mental challenge and a mind blowing logistic and capital outlay. The exercise alone will surely create several channels for greater things for many participants.
For the kids, it is a lifetime achievement. The onerous task will broaden their minds on the benefit of group work instead of the cancerous and selfish individualism that is currently plaguing us.
For the 'filibusters', I guess they must have been born from the late 80's onwards. Unfortunately, this marks the beginning of Nigeria's slide into the slimy water of deceit, dishonesty, and disarticulation of societal values resulting in an amoeboid society which shape is perpetually determined by the selfish expressions of a few.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by sarutobie(m): 2:33am On Jul 07, 2013
dabossman:

So it is these minors that should gather to protest corruption that you their fathers and mothers, uncles and aunts have been too cowardly to fight abi? Adults are busy entrenching corruption in our country across every sector and you are asking kids to gather and protest when you should be thinking about what kind of legacy we want to pass on to them. At least someone is teaching them to take their dental hygiene serious. What have you been teaching the ones around you?
you just exposed the hypocrisy in that comment..he was busy pointing a finger at the kids and their record not knowing that his remaining fingers were pointing back at him....I have seen records for largest tomato fights,largest gathering of couples about to be wedded and somebody is screaming corruption on an educative record like this set by nigerian school kids..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by Sike(m): 2:44am On Jul 07, 2013
Una no dey shame aswear. :-|
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by mykhell50(m): 2:49am On Jul 07, 2013
drnairalov: Word record
man! Ur gunshot carry weight o....hehehehehe!
Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by free2ryhme: 2:58am On Jul 07, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin grin grin grin

daaaaaang my boy yuzedo has suffered! grin

Yuzedo and miss yuzedo are one and the same ... Ur stunt no fit catch us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record by bittyend(m): 3:14am On Jul 07, 2013
Africans and their medieval achievements or lack thereof.

People are breaking records in Sciences, Economics, Astronomy, Medicine, Technology etc..

Africans are celebrating a doltish, ludicrous and moronic record that should be thrown where the sun don't shine. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? - / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / Help My Girlfriend Is Epileptic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.