Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder (9083 Views)

Police Arrest Cow For Murder In Ogun / Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. / Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by pbling: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2013
dats a gud judge,y make d innocent sufa,
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by solomon111(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2013
AB$I:
I can neva wish men and women of d naija police well.
Dats t dey end their days in sorrow,depression and wit endless calamities.
NPF, boko haram will kill u alone hencefort in nigeria;dey wont see anyother pple except POLICE Insha Allah
na wa o.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by Pennywise(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2013
The police corporal may have been given his usual 'N20' by the accused person to discredit the case against him. Nigerian policemen are known to regularly suppress or create evidence where non exist and this often put them in conflict with state counsels.

If this corporal had not turned himself into a willing tool in the hand of the accused he could have declined to be in court and allow other corporal represent the state.

In my honest opinion, this is a fraudulent corporal who need to be disciplined for insubordination and attempt to bring the 'Police into disrepute' and investigated for conspiracy with an accused person. The investigation shouldnt end there, the role the magistrate played in dismissing the case in the light of this contradiction should be investigated. This drama may be a regular occurrence in our courts when money has changed hand.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by donem: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2013
"The police authorities said I should
charge him with murder. I told them
that my investigation showed he was
not part of it, but they insisted that I
should charge him, and I didn't know
what to do," he submitted.

This is really Preposterous. Smh!
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by BabaOlowo: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2013
It is not only a question of striking out the case, the Guy should also be heavily compensated for what he must have gone through in the Hands of the Police!
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2013
The whole justice system is a mess here.
Who takes a case to court without evidence?
Who arrests a suspect without evidence?
At least he can be questioned and only arrested if substantial evidence points to him.
I'm no lawyer or anything of that nature,but even a dumb person can tell that there's nothing these ppl are doing right.everything reeks of manipulation and playing god with ppls destiny just because they are in d position to do so.
SAD sad angry
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by mcfynest(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by doctokwus: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
Let me play d devil's advocate here:what if d corporal and evil d judge was compromised wt a hefty sum by d accused.I have dis theory bc I find it very strange d way d corporal came out openly 2discredit his own bosses;d other so called accuse has not been apprehended& d judge expresses dismisses d case there& den without allowing for contention of d police man's claims.I feel there is more to this dan d hurriedly dismissed charge,unfortunately d man dat cud av given everyone d true story of what happened dat day is dead.A lead to knowing if there is sth fishy going on is knowing d background of d discharged accused.I can't place my finger on it,but my hunch tells me dis was sth settled outside of d courtroom,wt everyone except d murdered man grinning from ear to ear
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by purplekayc(m): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
yorke1: Police menI just hate you!!!!!!!!
they don't know how to carry out their responsibilities .Always going after the wrong people
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by Princek12(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
sayit_out1: Dis matter shouldn't just end this way. The police should be sued or charged for ;

(i) false accusation

(ii) deformation of character

(iii) providing the court of law with falseful information

(iv) unlawful detention etc

Sue police in Nigeria? You must be joking
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by ignis: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
Henry praise: Naija police again!!! At least coporal get fear of God
Fear of God ke? And he accused an innocent man for an offence he did not commit. If not for God's intervention, do you think the truth will be revealed?
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
It is right time the federal government looks into the police conditions and make sure they are fixed.It is becoming an evil body at the end of the day. That is not good for the country and Nigerians.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by jude33084(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
KiksAsso:

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-arraign-innocent-man-for-murder/

This is the best policeman I have ever met wink

May God Almighty Bless and protect him and his entire family cool

Shame to the Nigerian Police Force angry
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by jude33084(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
ignis:
Fear of God ke? And he accused an innocent man for an offence he did not commit. If not for God's intervention, do you think the truth will be revealed?

At least he said the truth at the right time smiley
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by jude33084(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
Pennywise: The police corporal may have been given his usual 'N20' by the accused person to discredit the case against him. Nigerian policemen are known to regularly suppress or create evidence where non exist and this often put them in conflict with state counsels.

If this corporal had not turned himself into a willing tool in the hand of the accused he could have declined to be in court and allow other corporal represent the state.

In my honest opinion, this is a fraudulent corporal who need to be disciplined for insubordination and attempt to bring the 'Police into disrepute' and investigated for conspiracy with an accused person. The investigation shouldnt end there, the role the magistrate played in dismissing the case in the light of this contradiction should be investigated. This drama may be a regular occurrence in our courts when money has changed hand.

...and you where there when he was given N20 or bribe undecided
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by hardaywunmie: 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
NIGERIA POLICE CAN'T STOP BEING AMAZING YOU KNOW... undecided
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by biodunid: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Yet Adams is quick to sign death warrants in such an environment. If any country should abrogate the death penalty it is Nigeria for we all know that the whole justice system can be bought for a dime. Adams should find a different arena to showcase his 'courage'.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by lugado: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
It can also be the other way round. The judge should have ordered for more investigation cos the family of the arrainged suspect cud have settled the police and u trust police dem go change story for court. Why didnt the suspect sue the police or why didnt the judge question the coporals boss.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by babslamin: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
AB$I:
I can neva wish men and women of d naija police well.
Dats t dey end their days in sorrow,depression and wit endless calamities.
NPF, boko haram will kill u alone hencefort in nigeria;dey wont see anyother pple except POLICE Insha Allah
[/color][color=#990000] bros cool down pls, dey are also human like U.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by babslamin: 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
jude33084:

At least he said the truth at the right time smiley
bros na God o' nothing like right time
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
misterh: This is unacceptable. How many more innocent people are languishing in jail? If this certain policeman had not confessed, the innocent man would just be punished for a sin he did not commit. SMH.
What did the police hope to achieve by arraigning an innocent man? To deceive us they r doing their work? It's even poosible that some people that are paraded on our TV are innocent.

Aluu4 Mud.e.rers are dancing Azonto and Etighi at joints while innocent people are rottening in jail.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
BrightCar: THE POLICEMAN HAS BEEN BOUGHT OVER. THE POLICEMAN IS NEVER SAYING THE TRUTH. FROM MY PSYCHO ANALYSIS OF THE WHOLE MATTER, THE ACCUSED THE POLICEMAN TURNED TO DEFEND ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME. ASK THE POLICEMAN HOW MUCH HE HAS COLLECTED?

From your analysis, did you notice there is actually a suspect? The Police officer actually made a complaint to the relevant authorities that this was an innocent person arrested in the scene of the crime. Did you notice that the brother of the suspect was actually arrested and later set free? Yet you are analysing what I can't understand.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
crackhaus: Corporal don loose him job be that oo.. Just imagine, the police that should protect the innocent now knowingly charge them with crimes..and someone tells me to respect the police, I pray o

The corporal will definitely lose his job. He should just resign because he cannot fit into that rotten system called police.

So the younger brother of the criminal was released because money exchanged hands and his friend was not released because money did not exchange hands. Thats the twist.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by wckabuoh(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
There has to be a complete overhaul of the police commission. Its high-time the benchmark is raised. Graduates should be employed with tested integrity.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by timtai: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
hmm...only God go save we.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by princewoles: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
BrightCar: THE POLICEMAN HAS BEEN BOUGHT OVER. THE POLICEMAN IS NEVER SAYING THE TRUTH. FROM MY PSYCHO ANALYSIS OF THE WHOLE MATTER, THE ACCUSED THE POLICEMAN TURNED TO DEFEND ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME. ASK THE POLICEMAN HOW MUCH HE HAS COLLECTED?
I wonder how you think,

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by fxman62: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
If that Police corporal knows what is good for him, he should hand over his resignation letter immediately before he is framed for an offence he knows nothing about. Security services all over the world do not take kindly to being exposed by one of their own. I won't be surprised if the man is posted to Maiduguri in a few weeks time.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by joewee87: 10:50am On Jul 06, 2013
crackhaus: Corporal don loose him job be that oo.. Just imagine, the police that should protect the innocent now knowingly charge them with crimes..and someone tells me to respect the police, I pray o

My brother it is better for him to lose his job and live with a clear conscience than to continue that stupid job of being a nigerian police. But if he loses his job for telling the truth and saving an innocent soul then it means there is no hope for the nigerian police.
Re: Police Arraign Innocent Man For Murder by joewee87: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2013

My brother it is better for him to lose his job and live with a clear conscience than to continue that stupid job of being a nigerian police. But if he loses his job for telling the truth and saving an innocent soul then it means there is no hope for the nigerian police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel's Mansion After 3 Months Of Resuming Office (photos) / “presidential Order To Cut Time For Business Approvals, Registrations Underway” / INEC - We Have Uncover Plot By Politicians To Use Food Vendors For Vote Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.