Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. (4785 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by yemisiola: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2011
Dimeji Bankole's passion for transparency and accountability is truly admirable. He is a man who has always stood for the good of nigerians,
Bankole was at no time the person answerable to any act or omission done pursuant to the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007, the law he is being accused to have contravened. Nigerians deserve to know the truth, not some cooked up lies they want us to believe,
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by gernded(m): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2011
OHH CHARLIE I BI TALK AM SAY THE MAN BANK-OLE NA WHITE-MAN AND HE COMMIT NO CRIME ACCORDING TO POSTER.OOKKK THE 10 BILLION LOAN I THINK I I FORGOT TO TELL EFFCC THAT IS ME GERNDED WHO COLLECTED THE LOAN AND SPEND HERE ON GHANA GURLS AND THE TOUCH LIGHT SCAM AND PEUGEOT I DID ALL THIS PLEASE FREE BANK-OLE AND ARREST GERNDED I COMMITTED THE CRIME .

POSTER U MAKE NONSESE KRAAAAHHH

I DEY BEEEEEEEEEEE KEKEE
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by obowunmi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
@ OP : get off drugs.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by snowdrops(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2011
obviously one of his paid thugs
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2011
Yemisiola aka bioye. I see u are still peddling your wares - aturota
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by oreade: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2011
The media should stop destroying the reputation of this great young man, He was neither the accounting officer nor the procurement officer of the House of Representatives, why he would be accused of inflating contract sums to the tune of N894 million? and how many people actually know thisinstead they are just accusing him,
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by snowdrops(m): 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
oreade = OP.

Nonsense.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by dave42: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
okkkkkkk, i think u guys should take it easy, but have u stopped to think that maybe the EFCC is using your ignorance to gain an edge, its like they have a script and people like you are acting the roles they want. Maybe if u sit back and reflect on the history of these young gentleman, You would know why d bad eggs in EFCC should be flushed out.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by snowdrops(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2011
dave42 = oreade = OP.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by MaiSuya(m): 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2011
@OP sorry to burst your bubble:

Another official said: "It is to be noted that the Board that considers all contracts above N50 million as at 2008 was the Body of Principal Officers under the chairmanship of the Honourable Speaker, while the Management Tenders Board under the leadership of the Clerk to the National Assembly considers contracts under N50 million."
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/9728-alleged-n38b-fraud-nass-officials-testify-against-ex-speaker-deputy.html

the contract in question was worth almost a billion naira.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2011
Really, I will question someone who supports corruption, but the same way, I will question someone who makes noise without facts. I am not bothered about Bankole or your opinions, but come to think of it where is everyone looking when someone is stealing so much as a speaker of the house and not a bank MD? We need to question our system, and really it is the lawmakers that are in best position to check this system. I read through so activities on Bankole as speaker and it was convincing really that he was working on such checks. So to be hearing that he stole so much puzzles me and that is why i question the credibility of the allegations.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by MaiSuya(m): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
BTW, since this matter is already in the courts, mai suya thinks it might not be bad idea to allow those whose duty it atualklly is to determine whether of not the man is guilty.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2011
Does Bankole have immunity when this issue was first uncovered why was not not prosecuted then? Nigerians need the real truth of this matter. EFCC should be very independent and the public who observes and applauds should check there excesses from time to time. Or someone should tell me why EFCC is already victorious in the media? Dont get me wrong a true victory for EFCC is a victory for Nigeria.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2011
@Maisuya, he is surely not going to be convicted and wont it be sensible to ask: Can someone actually steal that much and get away with it?
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2011
The only asset that EFCC has that only God can take from them is the VERY gullible audience of Nigerian media.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by rumomonga(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
More than 2 allegations all in the name of just victimizing one man? Haba! Poster use your head now.
The allegations may have been inflated though, but hes sure very guilty of some. My point is if you've never been to a farm before, its very hard for you to be accused of stealing a cow there.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2011
well, the cow proverd is really funny, i agree that very few nigerians would be in his position and stay clean. but should we allow efcc continue in with perverse victimization?
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by yemisiola: 12:14am On Jun 20, 2011
Nigeria can only be a better country if we get rid of corruption among other things, my point is  that we should  be clear about the facts before accusation.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by violent(m): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2011
I hate Chameleons!!!!

yemisiola = 7 posts

oreade = 1 post

seund11 = 5 posts

dave 42 = 1 post

tht's not how you play the game son!  real people make points and stand by them!!!
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2011
He will be guilty cause he stole money simple as ABC, They should go after others too though,
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 1:35am On Jun 20, 2011
If so much money is stolen from the lower house and it is now we just realized that we should execute the speaker, it is time to start thinking of what to do to the leader of the upper house when he is out of office.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 20, 2011
IT IS FUTILE TRYING TO SAVE BANKOLE ON NAIRALAND. THE AGENDA IS TRANSPARENT AND QUITE FRANKLY AMATEURISH.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Naijajobs01(m): 3:07am On Jun 20, 2011
May God bless Nigeria. They are all thiefs
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by efepro(m): 4:37am On Jun 20, 2011
Are u saying that Bankole is nt guilty of any of d charges? If 99% of our leaders r currupt,what's d possibility that 1 out of 99 is a saint?
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 20, 2011
jerseyboy:

IT IS FUTILE TRYING TO SAVE BANKOLE ON NAIRALAND. THE AGENDA IS TRANSPARENT AND QUITE FRANKLY AMATEURISH.

true talk jare!
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Roland17(m): 5:15am On Jun 20, 2011
@poster
for how much did u sell ur conscience and sense of judgement? its a pity,
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 6:03am On Jun 20, 2011
There us no need to save anyone, but there is a need for poeple to know the truth. and quite frankly, it will be a sin to try to save a "guity" person. so lets wait till he is proven guilty before you crucify those who dont agree with ur opinions.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by seund11: 6:09am On Jun 20, 2011
I also agree that the poster tried to get attention with choice of title, it worked though, but also think of it that an accused person is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Slimteiz(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2011
Both Dimeji Bankole and the so called EFCC are thieves. They start investigation when they dont see money any more from the host. Who have they listed that is not either not in good time with the presidency or out of office.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2011
It is the duty of the courts to decide whether he is innocent or guilty. Don't worry, your oga is safe with the EFCC for now.
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by ayo84(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2011
Im not saying bankole is innocent, infact some of us believe he is opunished for his arrogant and compulsive behaviour ,all those corrupt allegations went under his nose, but what about the senate,it is believed that they are more corrupt and have even probably committed more financial crimes than the house of representatives.But you have to give it to the senate, their maturity in handling matters like this, no matter has gone to the public and no public scandal has ensued .
Re: Dimeji Bankole, An Innocent Man Being Punished Unduly. by agitator: 8:11am On Jun 20, 2011
seund11:

I also agree that the poster tried to get attention with choice of title, it worked though, but also think of it that an accused person is innocent until proven guilty.

So is he on death row now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious! Grammatical Blunder By Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / Facts) What An Average Igbo Man And Jose Mourinho Have In Common / An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Jegede Abayomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.