Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation (11974 Views)

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by tspun(m): 10:40am On Jul 06, 2013
i hate to hear dis. I wonder if they know the meaning of BEST Governor.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2013
Chucks Igwe: Gov p.o has been performing so well but d critics seem not to recognise just because he refused to share money like others.he is well articulated,knows hw to manage his mean resources.
...And he goes around giving cars and money to traditional rulers,what is this called? philanthropy?...giving out millions of naira monthly to PGs of town unions apparently sure they do nothing with it,what is this one?,would not conduct LGA elections instead installing people of his choice...please give a name to this one...Obi is just a media governor
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Lovetinz(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2013
Brimmie: Duhh!! The Only Obi I Knw Is.. Mikel Obi!!

The Best Governor?? Rawji Fashohla or Aregbeshohla!!

Education is good for you.
Naijaologogoro is not!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2013
slimghost:

You are calling someone a fool while posting a senseless post? You are the kid that doesn't know the meaning of good governance so stop embarrassing yourself here. Peter is a good and sincere Governor, even idi.ots know this.
...Daddy please give me some tutorial on good governance...What good thinking leader would impose tax on the followers while he does nothing...Am still waiting for you He goat to give me an answer....why would he cut the salary of some LGA health workers? You can't be a fool enough!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by shereef19: 11:04am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by shereef19: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by slimghost(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2013
Ifems: ...Daddy please give me some tutorials on good governance...What good thinking leader would impose tax on the followers while he does nothing...Am still waiting for you He goat to give me an answer....why would he cut the salary of some LGA health workers? You can't be a fool enough!

Am not here to exchange banters with a motor park tout like you. Enjoy your folly alone!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by dubem3(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Em-my:

If this is the base of rating, then is should be Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State.

no bigger lie than this has been told this year.

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by kingblosky: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2013
Brimmie: [size=30] Duhh!! The Only Obi I Knw Is.. Mikel Obi!!

The Best Governor?? Rawji Fashohla or Aregbeshohla!!
[/size]
Fashola built a 1.358km long suspension bridge for N29 billion; but if GEJ builds a 100km bridge for N1 billion; we no go hear word. Aregbeshohla is busy Islamising Osun state with his Muslim brotherhood and turning it into another Egypt. That's all,
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by RedCard1(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2013
Who awarded Peter Obi the best Governor when Anambra is still struggling to be among top five Nigerian States? ANSU is one of d poorest Universities in Nigeria. What significant thing has he even done in dat state? Amaechi might have d highest number of critics but d man had worked and is still working. We have seen roads, schools, hospitals, etc. Fashola of Lagos might be overrated but still better than Obi. Kpako award.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Youngzedd(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2013
Chucks Igwe: a big fat lie,I'm not sure u have visited anambra recently.pls come to upper iweka,u won't recognise it.I'm onitsha now.

How does it look like, does it look like Asaba?
Currently in Port Harcourt road fegge now.

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by dubem3(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2013
thoth: Why wouldn't he be awarded while he was forcing contraceptives on school children, isn't that what Bill and Melinda gates was all about ?
Go to General Hospital in Onitsha, it looks like what you will see in an African war movies, with grasses everywhere and old dilapidated building and equipments. they just tried to repaint it sometime ago but the condition of the infrastructure was so bad that it still shows through. i once heard how many million that was allocated for the painting and it is enough to replace half of the buildings.
As for me that man is a criminal.

Is this something you have seen and know for sure or were you told by some very unreliable source?
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by ezstino: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=Em-my]

If this is the base of rating, then is should be Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State.[/qu

is delta state in
the southeast?
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2013
slimghost:

Am not here to exchange banters with a motor park tout like you. Enjoy your folly alone!
Forgive me.I can't be sorry enough sir,apologies.I only forgot your name..."THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING" Ecclesiastes 9:5
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Youngzedd(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2013
Red_Card: Who awarded Peter Obi the best Governor when Anambra is still struggling to be among top five Nigerian States? ANSU is one of d poorest Universities in Nigeria. What significant thing has he even done in dat state? Amaechi might have d highest number of critics but d man had worked and is still working. We have seen roads, schools, hospitals, etc. Fashola of Lagos might be overrated but still better than Obi. Kpako award.

It's onto polio level.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Knaruto(m): 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ifems: ...Got nothing to say to fat fools like you,who does'nt know what good governance is...do you read at all?...and please write correctly ok.
you are a beast.....a big one....tell me since the history of governance both military and democracy....had anyone done what petero obi did in anambra,......see...i hate pple who are so so ignorant like u ......are u an Anambarian.......if u are.......u are a disgrace.....because u are blinded....and if u re not.....better shut the Bleep up or else.......u go see wetin pass u
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
Knaruto: you are a beast.....a big one....tell me since the history of governance both military and democracy....had anyone done what petero obi did in anambra,......see...i hate pple who are so so ignorant like u ......are u an Anambarian.......if u are.......u are a disgrace.....because u are blinded....and if u re not.....better shut the Bleep up or else.......u go see wetin pass u
.......whats even your name,what has your god damn father done?...guess you"re an illiterate that can't read.
its fools like you that kill their mothers for money
You're another dead man
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ebubejesus(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Em-my:

It should be best governor in Health Sector in the SE..
Again; he spent N60m on 5000 youths, how then will each of them receive #100,000??
Please young man, read thesentence very well before you make your comments. It says "In a similar development the governor has splashed N60m on the final batch of 5000 youths. Did you see that final batch? that tells you that the 5000 youths are in batches and he splashed 60m on the final batch.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by thoth: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
dubem3:

Is this something you have seen and know for sure or were you told by some very unreliable source?
i saw it with my own very eyes and that was last year september. I don't know how reliable the figures for the painting project are but judging from the position and maturity of the person that said it i am inclined to believe it.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by thoth: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
I just confirmed a few mninutes ago, it is still like that right now. so go and see for yourself.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Aikayy: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ifems: .......Whats the lie there? guess you're a big fan of Obi....Have you been to Awka,to Awka-north? please answer me...is building bridges dividends of democracy...again you mediocre,why would i clap for someone doing little with whats not hes...Get a life!

U r asking if building bridges is dividends of democracy! Dude r u alright? In lagos, Fashola built just one bridge and tolled it and APC as lickers all over here have been deafening our ears with praises. That dude is @ least 20 times a better gov than Fash considering d wealth of both states.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
Aikayy:

U r asking if building bridges is dividends of democracy! Dude r u alright? In lagos, Fashola built just one bridge and tolled it and APC as lickers all over here have been deafening our ears with praises. That dude is @ least 20 times a better gov than Fash considering d wealth of both states.
...Its only mediocres like you that compare themselves with others.Fashola and Obi are two different people in respect...but with respect to your silly update,did you know the state of oshodi before fashola came into power?how is it now?,compare that with onitsha...whats the need of ANIDS buses when TRACAS is still in existence? please ans me

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by obayaya(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
thoth: Why wouldn't he be awarded while he was forcing contraceptives on school children, isn't that what Bill and Melinda gates was all about ?
Go to General Hospital in Onitsha, it looks like what you will see in an African war movies, with grasses everywhere and old dilapidated building and equipments. they just tried to repaint it sometime ago but the condition of the infrastructure was so bad that it still shows through. i once heard how many million that was allocated for the painting and it is enough to replace half of the buildings.
As for me that man is a criminal.

bros sharrap.. sorry but that's the right thing to tell you... how was general hospital Onitsha before Peter Obi came in.. when I was in sec school, no body goes to that hospital but now, you have to go as early as 6am to see the doctor early.. go and ask those poor patients If Peter Obi is working and I'm sure they will stone you.

the hospital is far from standards.. yes.. but at least it's delivering health care services free of charge. something that wasn't happening before..

I was born in Onitsha, I grew up here. so I know
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by thoth: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
obayaya:

bros sharrap.. sorry but that's the right thing to tell you... how was general hospital Onitsha before Peter Obi came in.. when I was in sec school, no body goes to that hospital but now, you have to go as early as 6am to see the doctor early.. go and ask those poor patients If Peter Obi is working and I'm sure they will stone you.

the hospital is far from standards.. yes.. but at least it's delivering health care services free of charge. something that wasn't happening before..

I was born in Onitsha, I grew up here. so I know

See i don't know if they were given free medical treatment or not, what i saw is what i just said plainly, and it was confirmed that it was still the situation right now. Was anything i said wrong ?
I really hate it when people would post without first trying to comprehend what they are tring to counter.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by vinsvass: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
De best gov is stiLl Godswill akpabio, obi has not done anything apart using the state money for deals

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by thoth: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
@obayaya

Sorry my friend said his sister went there to pull a teeth and she piad about 4000 naira for the whole procedure including the drugs they gave her after. the second person(a nurse) i asked told me there is nothing like free treatment only free contraceptives. so here goes your claim.

You can make your enquiries now and confirm.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by obayaya(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
Red_Card: Who awarded Peter Obi the best Governor when Anambra is still struggling to be among top five Nigerian States? ANSU is one of d poorest Universities in Nigeria. What significant thing has he even done in dat state? Amaechi might have d highest number of critics but d man had worked and is still working. We have seen roads, schools, hospitals, etc. Fashola of Lagos might be overrated but still better than Obi. Kpako award.

bros, Rivers state gets more than 5times what anambra get from fg monthly. fashola's Lagos gets like 3 times + huge tax funds. Peter obi is managing the lil he gets judiciously without borrowing.

mbadunuju told us that what anambra gets isn't even enough to pay teachers not to talk of building anything.

yes fashola and Amaechi performed well but consider the funds at their disposal. put the into perspective when making your comparison
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by asha80(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
people should learn to compare likes for likes.lagos,akwa ibom,rivers,delta and maybe bayelsa belong to the same class when it comes comparision with respect to usable funds.anambra does not belong to that category.

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by VAQAXY: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
The last I checked Obi built a modern standard hospital from the scratch to finish- Anambra University Teaching Hospital in Awka (ASUTH).

2 Likes

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by VAQAXY: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
The last I checked Obi built a modern standard hospital from the scratch to finish- Anambra State University Teaching Hospital in Awka (ASUTH). The one in Onitsha is a General hospital.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by AMACRITY(f): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
my Leader ride on cos ur haters must be dissapointed.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by VAQAXY: 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Obi equally made this possible because of his personal relationship with Jonathan. People should be grateful to this giant strider who breaks all ground and frontiers for Anambra to remain the envy of all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-sBaR0OZo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Nigerians Do Without The Services Provided By The South- Africans? / NBS Reports N107 Per Litre Average Fuel Price Nationwide / Governor Emmanuel Visits, Donates To Families Of Deceased Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.