Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation (11980 Views)

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
Zona.com:

My point is you definitely dont know what ANIDS is about else you would'nt have brought the TRACAS thing here. Understand something first before you comment about it. That you see ANIDS written on some buses does'nt make ANIDS a transport company
...So those are for what?Charity?abi?...If he wanted to develop all sectors simultaneously,ANIDS should have been a monitoring parastatal that ensures simultaneous state development not some other revenue generating thing.Think bro...What do you know
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
asha 80: his point is that anids is not a transport co. Though you see anids branded buses.
You don't keep creating new things when the old ones are dying,you either resuscitate it or annihilate it ok.Make a brand strong before you diversify.BUS 101
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
asha 80: his point is that anids is not a transport co. Though you see anids branded buses.
.What do you know?
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Ifems(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Babaek: he's point is dat ANIDS means Anambra Integrated Development Strategy. Its a program through which Peter Obi is developing all sectors simultaneously. Unlike other Governors, he's not focusing on cultivating flowers in Awka the state capital, instead he's developing rural communities so that no matter where u are u'll have access to facilities anywhere in the state.
...Did i hear you say developing rural communities?,listen,what did he develop?....My case study is Awka-north LGA,please have you been there before?,this is an LGA that has over 8 communities,a few KMs away from the state capital yet only one community can boast of a tarred road(mgbakwu precisely,which was not built by his administration).This LGA is more or less a river basin area that can produce enough farm produce for the state but there is no infrastructure to further the cause,yet our "Media hallowed" Gov does not realize the potential and complain of surge in food products.Do you know that a typical Ugbene man doing any form of business outside ugbene,say Awka,would leave whatever he is doing whenever he sees the clouds changing and run home,guess you want to know why?Its because he fears of his safety,either that the riverbank would over flow,automatically subjecting him to canoe usage or he forfeit sandman(ing)in his house that night.If you are taking a cadever home in Awba-ofemmili,at some point you'd have to put it in a canoe to reach your final destination,imagine a life like this,in this 21st century.Again you said developing all sectors simultaneously,what has he done on these sectors:POWER;virtually no power in Anambra,ENVIRONMENT:Anambra is one the most unkempt state as far as am concerned,AVIATION,no airport in Anambra.We are talking about an 8yrs tenure of no growth,a child born 8yrs back not growing at all!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by vital: 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
Peter obi is the best governor so far,we need his kind ,come 2014
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by dubem3(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ ifems I can feel ur pain and you are not entirely wrong. developing all sectors simultaneously does not mean building all roads simultaneously or developing all places. There are groupings for these things and when you mention rural, it stands for every rural place within the state. It's a big project oh, developing that much at once. its just easier to criticize when ur outside the government and we are all guilty of that.
Do you deny that there is a big erosion site that has been fixed in that same axis of which you now speak?
These things are prioritised. Some projects are more important for the well being of a state than the others. If you think that the government had not treated you well, I welcome you to cross the River. Go into Anambra West and I promise you you'll understand. so calm down .Peter can not do it all. But if his successors work as well as he has, before long we will be singing a new song. I used to criticize him thoroughly but am equally well travelled within that state, I know it well so when I began to see, I had to appreciate the man.
bear in mind also that Awka North cannot produce half of the food that comes from Anambra West.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by boladonas(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Obi is undisputably the best Governor in this country. He is not involved in the mindless greed and corruption going on in Nigeria today. Even if not awarded by Gates, he remains my own best Governor. He has not constructed a 1 km bridge for 1.26billion dollars, He does not have a park at a roundabout withot space for seats, he does not involve himself in small projects big signboard syndrome of the rest!

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Zonacom(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ifems: ...So those are for what?Charity?abi?...If he wanted to develop all sectors simultaneously,ANIDS should have been a monitoring parastatal that ensures simultaneous state development not some other revenue generating thing.Think bro...What do you know
what do i know? Maybe i dont know much but atleast i make sure i understand something well before i engage in any argument about it. To me, obi has neither done too good nor bad, infact i prefered soludo to him during the last election based on soludo's manifesto. You asked about the need for anids buses when tracas was in place, failing to understand that anids is about a strategy which covers all sectors including transport. Quit hating over nothing. AND STOP SOUNDING AROGANT
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by oneeast1: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ Ifems:

Take it easy. The construction of Anambra Int'l Cargo Airport has been taken over by the Orient Petroleum. They have acquired the site, its no too far from where they are building the Refinery project. Its equally about 30mins drive to Awka, less than 20 mins to Onitsha and 45mins-1hr to Nnewi.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by dovemart(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2013
cupid4ig: Rubbish he probably bought the award, as far as I am concern peter obi hasn't done anything in his 2nd team, all he does is buying landed properties all around anambra state. He has stuffed enough money that's why he is quitting active politics. Smh
Good, we reason together. This Peter still makes me renounce Anambra State as my origin. #100,000 for thousands of youths as help. That man & BBA's Angelo Collins are in same Hate level in my heart.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by cornelin(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2013
Trustgt: ....You people are just derailing the topic.

Obi was awarded as the BEST governor in SOUTH EAST for POLIO eradication.

Comprehension is a problem.
gbam!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by phellycia2013(f): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2013
yetunsbay: wagbayi
dumb ass n*ggas!!
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by fuck419: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2013
l am from anambra state but I have never been happy because of the kind of governors we produce except ngige. have you ever been to onitsha to see how dirty and bad the roads are?. and you say peter obi is one of the best. that must be an irony.
the worst is an understatement.
Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Chino48: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
fuck419: l am from anambra state but I have never been happy because of the kind of governors we produce except ngige. have you ever been to onitsha to see how dirty and bad the roads are?. and you say peter obi is one of the best. that must be an irony.
the worst is an understatement.

You a big liar!

When last did you go to Head Bridge or Upper Iweka?

Onitsha has been transformed and being repositioned to be a mega city do influx of multinationals establishments in the city.

I will post pictures of Upper Iweka and Head bridge. I almost could not believe what I saw in Osha; road are rehabilitated and everywhere quite neat and wearing new look.

1 Like

Re: Obi Awarded Best-Governor By The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Myluv1: 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
Chidera Favour:
I tire for them oo but what I learnt from all these comments is that Peter Obi is not the best governor in any area, nor even among the list of good governance. I'm Anambrarian, for me I have not seen anything good in Obi's administration not to talk of being the best, I even prefer Odera administration than Obi's

Lol. Understandable seeing you're his namesake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme / FG Intensifies Effort On Rehabilitation Of Lokoja Benin Road / Boko Haram Plans To Attack Media Houses, Warns Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.