Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Java Vs C++ - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Vs C++ (4966 Views)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? / Java Vs C Sharp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2013
@Spikes:
"Lets say, i am a lazy person, and i wanna learn a language that does almost everything without actually forcing me to do almost everything"

Sorry, thats uhmm, 'Reasonless'. angry or better still explain why Java "forces you to almost everything". undecided

The only advantage C++ has over Java is Speed!!

And, Java programmers ain't lazy, so as C++. Sooo, maybe you'll stay at Disney land (PHP). wink

#JavaRules tongue

Re: Java Vs C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2013
please, before this argument can go any further. how many of the java defenders here have actually used C++ in projects? If you are all making your arguments On hearsay, then this is a waste of time
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 7:56am On Jul 07, 2013
lordZOUGA: please, before this argument can go any further. how many of the java defenders here have actually used C++ in projects? If you are all making your arguments On hearsay, then this is a waste of time

I have, at least for a little project that made me learn little of the language, i intend making it my main language soon...
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 8:08am On Jul 07, 2013
spikes C:
Stop giving me reasons why java is fast because a popular website uses java. Even facebook use PHP (Though a modified version). What you should ask yourself is, all those websites using java, what are they using it for?

Powers the android platform? The main reason why java probably powers the android version is just to accommodate more mobile apps and developers. Besides, Android is porting very very soon to C++...i hope you're following the news wink

With due respect sir grin, i mean with a lot of respect sir, but most of your arguments on this thread are so blind that even a blind man would see that they are blind. I mean no insults. I mean it in a very very nice way cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Java Vs C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2013
Javanian:

I have, at least for a little project that made me learn little of the language, i intend making it my main language soon...
so, have you used templates and done some metaprogramming? like using function objects or creating containers that use iterators? have you used boost C++ and used their networking library or have you used the Boost.bind library for event driven programming?
these features are probably the reason why developers still stick to C++, they have lots of nice stuffs that makes advanced programming very nice.
that's what I think.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2013
lordZOUGA:
so, have you used templates and done some metaprogramming? like using function objects or creating containers that use iterators? have you used boost C++ and used their networking library or have you used the Boost.bind library for event driven programming?
these features are probably the reason why developers still stick to C++, they have lots of nice stuffs that makes advanced programming very nice.
that's what I think.

I have used function objects, i have used C++ boost libraries, i have taken even taken a look at C++ 11. I am not disputing the fact that C++ is a nice language. It is a very powerful language. But that doesn't mean some C++ fan boy would drop from space and make some very very stuppid claims.
Re: Java Vs C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2013
Javanian:

I have used function objects, i have used C++ boost libraries, i have taken even taken a look at C++ 11. I am not disputing the fact that C++ is a nice language. It is a very powerful language. But that doesn't mean some C++ fan boy would drop from space and make some very very stuppid claims.
Lol. but you see, when you have a thread titled "C++ vs Java", it implicitly says that one language is better than the other. this is war like someone previously said, any form of weakness is an ammunition to the opponent. there is absolutely no reason to take this personal. IMO, you are taking it personal.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2013
lordZOUGA:
Lol. but you see, when you have a thread titled "C++ vs Java", it implicitly says that one language is better than the other. this is war like someone previously said, any form of weakness is an ammunition to the opponent. there is absolutely no reason to take this personal. IMO, you are taking it personal.

Okay! Maybe i am taking it a bit personal grin, but this isn't the first time that dude called whiztim has come here to make such highly idiotic claims, so someone has to shut him up!

Come to think of it, in our argument here we have talked about only one branch of programming, System programming, which is the only strong point C++ has, and yet Java still rivals it, it is still very very debatable. What about on the web? what about on mobile? Scala (a JVM language among many others) has been tipped by many to be the present and the future of web development. Let me not even talk about mobile platforms. So WTF! are we even saying here? It is only a blind C++ fan boy that wont admit the fact that Java is way ahead of C++ in this field. Like i said earlier, Java isn't the most popular language in the world for nothing. cool

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2013
Judinho59: @Spikes:
"Lets say, i am a lazy person, and i wanna learn a language that does almost everything without actually forcing me to do almost everything"

Sorry, thats uhmm, 'Reasonless'. angry or better still explain why Java "forces you to almost everything". undecided

The only advantage C++ has over Java is Speed!!

And, Java programmers ain't lazy, so as C++. Sooo, maybe you'll stay at Disney land (PHP). wink

#JavaRules tongue

Ok, let me explain what i mean by being a lazy programmer. A lazy programmer, in this my context, is someone who wants to use a particular language for all his projects. He doesn't want to learn a new language for the benefit of a new project.

Should i explain more undecided

Ok, a C++ programmer who doesn't want to learn C to program embedded applications cool
C++ can do it but C would always be better
Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Javanian: Due to the fact that i was feeling sleepy when i initially read this post, i failed to point out a lot of vital issues which i would now.

Fucckk you sir! Please fucck you again! The Java Community doesn't need a programmer with a naive mind like yours, so kindly keep off fucck off!!!...

Yes, C# would continue to be a Java wannabe, yesterday, tomorrow and forever...

And you think you are smarter than this cooperation that has invested billions of dollars in it? You think they are fools that don't know what to do with their money?

Really? Java became popular after oracle and Google 'invested billions'? really?

Liar!!!

Like i said earlier, fuccck you sir!

You say a C# VM would run faster than a language used to build native apps on a platform?

Once again, fuccck you sir!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Whiztim, i think you scratched a nerve men grin

[size=2pt]Java frustration[/size] lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
@Javanian.
False and very stupid claims... Fucckk me, your misunderstanding, aggression, blahh blah blah....
~/~Damn! That pot you just smoked must be hot!
~~~I DID RATHER TEACH AN ASS(DONKEY) HOW TO READ AND WRITE THAN to TRADE WORDS WITH YOU MA'AM.

@LordZouga,
I don't think sweet features of a programming language can convince someone who has made certain programming language a god. Its like trying to convince Steve Ballmer to sponsor Linux or Linus Torvalds to join Microsoft.
you see, its pointless.

If I were to have a service to deliver, if applicable, I did have someone wrap and roll out my API's with preference to Java and php... Thats were I get more audience and more revenues

And I still say, I rather learn Arabic writing than a language called Java...

In Nachos..
.It's so idiotic to debate great languages when you aren't contributing to any language's design or implementation...

As someone in the Mechanical and Robotics Engineering discipline... I say ALL LANGUAGES are tools, we have choices of work tools and its usually influenced by skillset, understanding, constraints, environment, workpeice, e.t.c...
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
Javanian:

And i still say, fucck you! Don't learn!, who needs you?? We don't need a naive mind like you!. They are already too many hacks in this field, you would just add to the lot. So fucck off! I was expecting you to come and defend yourself and show how ignorant you are!

Stuppid You!

ok, this is getting way outa line. Pls guys
These things are just pencils in our hands, the creators cool

Just use the best tool for the job, shikena

BTW, C++ rules tongue

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
@Spikes, i digg it now. Well, Java does more tho. wink

@Topic: Now, this' getting outta line. There are countless forum discussions & articles about this same topic, and at the end it leads to nothing.

If Java does it, go for it.
If C++ does it, go for it. wink

2 Likes

Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
spikes C:
These things are just pencils in our hands, the creators cool

Just use the best tool for the job, shikena

BTW, C++ rules tongue
hahaha.... You are on point!
*I Salute you...
Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Judinho59: @Spikes, i digg it now. Well, Java does more tho. wink

@Topic: Now, this' getting outta line. There are countless forum discussions & articles about this same topic, and at the end it leads to nothing.

If Java does it, go for it.
If C++ does it, go for it. wink
you are the man!
I salute you and your last 2 paragraphs!...
. IMVHO . . This is more civilized. . .
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
lmao
Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
Javanian: lmao
tongue
Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
WhiZTiM:
hahaha.... You are on point!
*I Salute you...

You da boss cool
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
spikes C:
tongue

The guy is actually very funny grin, go through the thread, he was the first and only person that bashed a language on this thread, then when he saw how ignorant he has been all his life, he decided to end with 'use what get the jobs done'. I guess this is a typical case of taming the shrew... cool
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
WhiZTiM:
you are the man!
I salute you and your last 2 paragraphs!...
. IMVHO . . This is more civilized. . .

LOL!

*clears throat* Bro, you fall my hand Big Time! Arabic?? undecided

spikes C:
tongue

Tah!!! tongue
Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Judinho59:

LOL!

*clears throat* Bro, you fall my hand Big Time! Arabic?? undecided

Tah!!! tongue

Gbawa door!

[s]I'd rather write from right to left than learn Java[/s] cheesy
Re: Java Vs C++ by elvis10ten(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Java and c++ are two powerful languages. Dragging which one is a waste of time. Each has its pros and cons that just it. It all depends on what you want and don't want. If java fit into your desire go for it, if it doesn't leave it, it doesn't remove v from java. There are things c++ might beat java to but the fact is java rocks for me . And to that guy that said he would rather learn arabic than java, why are you telling us ?. If you don't use java it doesn't change the name to jaga, i think you should take what javanian told you. If c++ can achieve it use it or if java can do it use it. Shikina AND I STILL MAINTAIN MY WORDS, C++ AND JAVA ARE GREAT LANGUAGES BUT TO ME JAVA ROCKS . @op any of the two you wanna learn, you won't regret it. THREAD CLOSED

2 Likes

Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
elvis10ten: java rocks for me . And to that guy that said he would rather learn arabic than java, why are you telling us ?. If you don't use java it doesn't change the name to jaga, i think you should take what javanian told you.

Thanks joor, don't mind that empty head.

#TeamJava

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hehehehe.. cheesy

#TeamJava
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2013
This argument is a waste of time, if you want business solutions Java is good ,but to be quite frank it doesn,t come close to C++ in terms of power and speed. Try using Java in terms of Emulation as compared to C++, Even most Android Games use C++ to achieve speed. I like Java but i'd be lying saying Java is close to C++, Facebook isn't pure PHP it somehow C++ (HipHop PHP). These days its easier to get carried away as most java apps call C++ (JNI). so both have uses, but my best bet is Java for now, you'd prob get more jobs. but C++ is incase you really need to work with a platform more open Java is just piles of APIs lumped together. My Java/J2ME days made me dislike the language, C# anyday. sadly Android is kinda Java and Processing too, so am stuck with it sad
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 08, 2013
elvis10ten: AND I STILL MAINTAIN MY WORDS, C++ AND JAVA ARE GREAT LANGUAGES BUT TO ME JAVA ROCKS

One way to truly judge or compare 2 languages is to actively use both, experience with both is also key.
both languages have strengths and weaknesses
do your research and use one that works best for you.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 08, 2013
webdezzi:

One way to truly judge or compare 2 languages is to actively use both, experience with both is also key.
both languages have strengths and weaknesses
do your research and use one that works best for you.

I won't expect elvisten10 to agree C++ is cool, he's stick stuck on J2ME, try out C++, the language equips you to blow off you feets away, its gives that much power, prob if you read emutalk.net and read on how to emulate consoles, you'd see its power, a developer tried using Java to emulate a PSP Emulator and another C++, the difference was way too far apart. Java is slow to me, i'd pick python anyday its the one reason i switched to Linux, all my Java apps especially the 64bit slow up alot.
Re: Java Vs C++ by elvis10ten(m): 4:52am On Jul 08, 2013
pc guru:

I won't expect elvisten10 to agree C++ is cool, he's stick stuck on J2ME, try out C++, the language equips you to blow off you feets away, its gives that much power, prob if you read emutalk.net and read on how to emulate consoles, you'd see its power, a developer tried using Java to emulate a PSP Emulator and another C++, the difference was way too far apart. Java is slow to me, i'd pick python anyday its the one reason i switched to Linux, all my Java apps especially the 64bit slow up alot.
hey, i learnt c++ before java. Atleast the basics. But i prefer java to c++. That doesn't mean that if a project requires c++ i won't use it.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Javanian:

True, There is also embedded Java

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/embedded/overview/getstarted/index.html

Please can i know what made you draw this conclusion? The basic aim of a language is ease of use? really?

You didn't talk of cross platform compatibility (write once run anywhere)? you didn't talk of efficient development environment? you didn't talk of readily available frameworks? you didn't talk of available Libraries?

Also, are you saying c++ is an easier language? A language where i have to use pointers? A language that suffers memory leaks? really? I advice you do some research before drawing very very irrelevant conclusions...
i hate pointers in pascal. I dont even understand the concept. It sucks. I think is same with c++

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Storage Bindings Of Variables / 10 Coolest Notepad Tricks / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.