Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Java Vs C++ - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Vs C++ (4965 Views)

Java Vs C# Which Do You Prefer? / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? / Java Vs C Sharp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java Vs C++ by spikesC(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
paddy4destiny: i hate pointers in pascal. I dont even understand the concept. It sucks. I think is same with c++

That's all we need

Next
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
spikes C:

That's all we need

Next
computer engineer whats the concept. Pls throw more light
Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
spikes C:

That's all we need

Next
Haha... grin
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
paddy4destiny: computer engineer whats the concept. Pls throw more light
C++ pointers are easy and fun to
learn. Some C++ tasks are
performed more easily with
pointers, and other C++ tasks,
such as dynamic memory
allocation, cannot be performed
without them.
As you know every variable is a
memory location and every
memory location has its address
defined which can be accessed
using ampersand (&wink operator
which denotes an address in
memory. Consider the following
which will print the address of
the variables defined:
#include
<iostream>
using namespace
std;
int main ()
{
int var1;
char var2[10];
cout <<
"Address of var1
variable: ";
cout << &var1
<< endl;
cout <<
"Address of var2
cout << &var2
<< endl;
return 0;
}
When the above code is compiled
and executed, it produces result
something as follows:
Address of var1
variable:
0xbfebd5c0
Address of var2
variable:
0xbfebd5b6
think am liking cplusplus. With my little knowlegde of pascal i think i will grasp it in no time. Never liked java for one day

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
paddy4destiny: computer engineer whats the concept. Pls throw more light
C++ pointers are easy and fun to
such as dynamic memory
without them.
memory. Consider the following
which will print the address of
the variables defined:
#include
<iostream>
using namespace
std;
int main ()
{
int var1;
char var2[10];
cout <<
"Address of var1
cout << &var1
<< endl;
cout <<
"Address of var2
cout << &var2
<< endl;
return 0;
}
something as follows:
Address of var1
variable:
0xbfebd5c0
Address of var2
variable:
0xbfebd5b6
think am liking cplusplus. With my little knowlegde of pascal i think i will grasp it in no time. Never liked java for one day
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
WhiZTiM:
Haha... grin
y laughing na robotics engineer
Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
paddy4destiny: C++ pointers are easy and fun to
such as dynamic memory
without them.
memory.
. . .
. . .
something as follows:
Address of var1
variable:
0xbfebd5c0
Address of var2
variable:
0xbfebd5b6
one love sir...! . . .

me still dey talk sey, i would rather learn Arabic writing than a programming language called Java tongue

C++ pointers gives you so much power and flexibility at a certain cost... And its exceptional! Also gives the comfort ride of C...

Actually, pointers are pretty simple, thanks to the compiler for precomputing the memory sizes of datatypes and objects for pointer arithmetic.
. . . I wrote a little bit advanced tutorial on that a month ago....

paddy4destiny:
y laughing na robotics engineer
oboi, because I talk say I dey robotics engineering discipline no mean say I don collect my degree for robotics engineering oh... make I finish and join IEEE-RAS first...

Anyway, I was laughing at spike C's reaction not your post....
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
WhiZTiM:

me still dey talk sey, i would rather learn Arabic writing than a programming language called Java tongue

Fucck you! Don't learn!, who needs you?? We don't need a naive mind like you!. They are already too many hacks in this field, you would just add to the lot. So fucck off! Kip showing how ignorant you are!

Stuppid You!

angry

IMHO, there is no Super Programming Language, Only Super Programmers.

No doubt, C++ is a great Language, but for me, its JAVA all the way, slow or not!! cool

@Whiztim, Quickly, go and learn your 'Arabic' writing, iHope it makes you live long tongue

#TeamJava

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by elvis10ten(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
WhiZTiM:
one love sir...! . . .

C++ pointers gives you so much power and flexibility at a certain cost... And its exceptional! Also gives the comfort ride of C...

Actually, pointers are pretty simple, thanks to the compiler for precomputing the memory sizes of datatypes and objects for pointer arithmetic.
. . . I wrote a little bit advanced tutorial on that a month ago....

oboi, because I talk say I dey robotics engineering discipline no mean say I don collect my degree for robotics engineering oh... make I finish and join IEEE-RAS first...

Anyway, I was laughing at spike C's reaction not your post....
so you are telling me if a project or a job require java you won't learn it. - smh. *spits wora*

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by elvis10ten(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
@judinho, you are making point. A good programmer will create faster codes. And besides to a regular user, he might not even notice the speed difference. If you want speed go for assembly. I hated c++ from the time i saw it, but that won't stop me from using it when needed. The time you guys are putting in dragging you would have used it to build opensource projects or help the languages you drag for. I still hold my stand, c++ and java are great languages and i will use them when neccessary but java rocks for me. #teamjava

1 Like

Re: Java Vs C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Haba!!
Ask For Clarification! Challenge Me! And Query Me where appropriate...

some of you really lack BASIC psychology skills.

. . . Did I ever tell anybody I make my living solely off programming?

. . . Did I ever say I would be into programming all my life?

. . . What do you know about me outside Nairaland?

So, attacking me for my subjective statement is outrightly pointless and TOTAL STUPIDITY... Just as started by a 'block headed', 'crackbrained', and 'shallow minded fellow'... I don't even know the gender of that person...

Still, I rather learn Arabic writing than a programming language called Java. grin

C'mon guys, where's the Nigerian spirit!
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^ Nigerian Spirit eh?? undecided grin

Verdict: Java 'out-mouthed' C++ on this one cool

Thread Closed!!
Re: Java Vs C++ by Javanian: 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
l.m.a.o grin

Java sucks!, Java is a useless language!, i would rather learn Swahili than learn Java #hahaha

@whiztim C++ rules, C++ is the greatest language in the planet, C++ is used for building artillery softwares wink I don gree!... cheesy

Whether you would ever learn Java or not is no ones business shaa, like someone said it doesn't remove the v from Java. I myself i don't see myself using a language like C# or PHP. Not because i have anything against them but i don't see any need to. I am a Game Programmer, Currently using Java/Flex/Flash for mobile and browser games. In a few weeks time i would start doing H.D. /3D games, and i intend doing it fully with C++. Like i said earlier i spent sometime the last few weeks learning C++ and since then every time i visit TopCoder i attempt the problems in C++, just to master the syntax.

Sorry for the insults man, you are a smart programmer, One of the smartest on this board and i admire your post alot wink. But please drop whatever beef you have with Java because it won't change the fact that Java is a great language and would always rival C++ smiley What you are doing is like hating on a player like Lionel Messi, He would keep scoring goals and giving you heart attack, Like i earlier said, Java isn't the most popular language in the world for nothing, you are not smarter than all those programmers using it...

_Anyway, my job here is done....

_One_Love_Bro...

_Signing Out

#continues debugging code angry
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
pc guru:
Java is slow to me, i'd pick python anyday its the one reason i switched to Linux, all my Java apps especially the 64bit slow up alot.

same here, Infact am currently porting a java app i wrote 2 yrs back for the red5 streaming server back to python.
I realized this as there seem to be a huge difference running a streaming server in python than in java.
at java startup, the memory drink is usually about 400MB on linux, just the JVM, no app yet.
where as python starts up at 2.5MB
Re: Java Vs C++ by lordZOUGA(m): 12:35am On Jul 09, 2013
apparently java users have failed to figure out that creating class instances in java is actually done by pointers. the only difference is that the asterisk (*) sign is omitted. what do you think happens when you use the "new" keyword? all user created objects cannot be created on the stack but on the heap which means that whether you want it or not memory is dynamically allocated for you and then deleted whether the developer likes it or not and when it is necessary or unnecessary.
not cool.
pointers is one of the most beautiful concept in the programming paradigm. it is being used by most languages in one form or the other. its just that the implementations are hidden from the developer. in some languages, all the objects are pointers. like in python, all variable instances are pointers. if you are in doubt check the python interpreter documentation..
hating on pointers is probably hating on your own programming language.
Nevertheless, if you have said any foul thing against pointers on this thread you should get on your knees wherever you are and pray solemnly to the God of pointers to forgive you for your blasphemy against it.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 09, 2013
But regardless of how i feel towards Java, i will use it cuz preference is not an option for me, i use whatever tools is useful. But C++ is my ultimate life mission to master. Reading emulation made me realize how important and powerful c++ is , i was always eager to understand how emulation of playstation works. grin
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 09, 2013
webdezzi:

same here, Infact am currently porting a java app i wrote 2 yrs back for the red5 streaming server back to python.
I realized this as there seem to be a huge difference running a streaming server in python than in java.
at java startup, the memory drink is usually about 400MB on linux, just the JVM, no app yet.
where as python starts up at 2.5MB

You work with red5 nice always wanted to use that but mehn it required strong Java. Nice one
Re: Java Vs C++ by elvis10ten(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2013
WhiZTiM: Haba!!
Ask For Clarification! Challenge Me! And Query Me where appropriate...

some of you really lack BASIC psychology skills.

. . . Did I ever tell anybody I make my living solely off programming?

. . . Did I ever say I would be into programming all my life?

. . . What do you know about me outside Nairaland?

So, attacking me for my subjective statement is outrightly pointless and TOTAL STUPIDITY... Just as started by a 'block headed', 'crackbrained', and 'shallow minded fellow'... I don't even know the gender of that person...

Still, I rather learn Arabic writing than a programming language called Java. grin

C'mon guys, where's the Nigerian spirit!
lwkmdead, you just prove my thought. @all, but come to think of it, if all the so called godfather didn't see great potential in java, will they support it ?. Thats simple and straight forward.
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
"If you learn to program in Java, you’ll never be
without a job!"

BTW,

"The more i C, the less i see".

#QuotesFromGreatMinds

Y'all have made your point, the Battle of programming languages' meaningless. cool
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2013
Judinho59: "If you learn to program in Java, you’ll never be
without a job!"

BTW,

"The more i C, the less i see".

#QuotesFromGreatMinds

Y'all have made your point, the Battle of programming languages' meaningless. cool
Yep its actually meaningless debating , the fact i dislike it doesn't mean i won't learn to use it even currently my school project is in Java (Processing). and Yes Java too does have Jobs also
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2013
pc guru:
Yep its actually meaningless debating , the fact i dislike it doesn't mean i won't learn to use it even currently my school project is in Java (Processing). and Yes Java too does have Jobs also

cool
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
lordZOUGA: apparently java users have failed to figure out that creating class instances in java is actually done by pointers. the only difference is that the asterisk (*) sign is omitted. what do you think happens when you use the "new" keyword? all user created objects cannot be created on the stack but on the heap which means that whether you want it or not memory is dynamically allocated for you and then deleted whether the developer likes it or not and when it is necessary or unnecessary.
not cool.
pointers is one of the most beautiful concept in the programming paradigm. it is being used by most languages in one form or the other. its just that the implementations are hidden from the developer. in some languages, all the objects are pointers. like in python, all variable instances are pointers. if you are in doubt check the python interpreter documentation..
hating on pointers is probably hating on your own programming language.
Nevertheless, if you have said any foul thing against pointers on this thread[b] you should get on your knees wherever you are and pray solemnly to the God of pointers to forgive you for your blasphemy against it[/b].

thats a funny one there.

I have stated your same point in the past here and i can recollect many geeks here demanding for my head
be it java, python, C, php
they all speak to the same underlying operating system and that answers why endians(when working with bytearrays), file path separators(unix/windows file system), filename case sensitivity etc behaves same way across languages relative to OS
Re: Java Vs C++ by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2013
Today i was thrown apart by a Project online, i work with Java Processing and Arduino Board, someone made a nodejs package that interacts with the Arduino using JavaScript via C++. He created a C++ Extension then use Nodejs to communicate with it via JavaScript, what this means is that soon you can use JavaScript to gain access to Hardwares via the browser with C++. very impressive stuff

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Storage Bindings Of Variables / 10 Coolest Notepad Tricks / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.