Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441670 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
ellacute45:

Haven't heard of such oo sad

They should kuku wait when I'm am done studying angry grin

Its being discussed here in the state of baden wurttemburg. But it has not be implemented.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=KillerBeauty post=48530066]I want to apply for MSC in Germany. Please do they require GRE or ielts?[/quote

Ielts yes but not all university.

GRE nop.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
futurewise11:

Its being discussed here in the state of baden wurttemburg. But it has not be implemented.

Oh lol
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
morgan77:
if a person is going for BSc for medicine are all the subject taught in GERMANY

Yes.German language skills are required.C1/C2 level of the language will be enough.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by AK72: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
futurewise11:

Yes its possible to study and work here. But it will affect your studies expecially when the session is On.

If you are talking about dual studium (work and study program) you need german language and a contract offer from a prospective company before u can be admitted into the university.

I'm a hustler too....would like to do such as am aspiring to enter Germany or USA.
Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by okezie007(m): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
futurewise11:

Yes its possible to study and work here. But it will affect your studies expecially when the session is On.

If you are talking about dual studium (work and study program) you need german language and a contract offer from a prospective company before u can be admitted into the university.
Bro can you elaborate on dual studium? It doesn't sound like a popular option students amongst us. What are challenges related with this option and how could one secure a contract offer from here in 9ja? I look forward to your reply
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
okezie007:

Bro can you elaborate on dual studium? It doesn't sound like a popular option students amongst us. What are challenges related with this option and how could one secure a contract offer from here in 9ja? I look forward to your reply

You need to have a german resident and work permit.Getting it from naija is an herculen task.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by okezie007(m): 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
futurewise11:

You need to have a german resident and work permit.Getting it from naija is an herculen task.
Thanks bro. Can you enlighten about the job prospects of environmental & resource management after master studies and construction project management work background?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Tundetiler2011(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
@ Nobody, am really glad to have such person like you on this trend,my questions i apply for Germany visa in 2014 but i was refused due to my financial status was very low and not such if i will be coming back after my viist my question now is am reapplying again this year how do i go about it and whats your say over this i need your help thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by telvinfantasy: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Hello!!! My fellow brothers from another mother, there is this question bothering me and i will be very grateful if u can help me out with it. I just finished my OND, and people said only OND is not qualified to get admission into a German university.
But recently i was told by a family friend that i should get and HND form, complete the first semester of HND1 and do a transfer so my question is 'is it possible to get admission in such way? and pls what are the chances?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by CaptainCodes(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2016
Good morning everyone,

I want to say big kudos to all the strong men and women of the house helping folks get easy ride. These things, seen online, on other foreign sites, are not as easy as it always look sometimes.

Nevertheless, I still have my issues,

I graduated from a top-notch university in Nigeria, with a 3.85 cgpa as my bachelor's degree, in Architecture, and push further for my master's degree in same course. At my m.ed, I graduated with a 4.43 cgpa. I intend to further my education with with courses in either, advanced construction, or construction management.

Now my questions.

1. How feasible is this?. Which is best to tender, as a major certificate, my Bsc degree or my M.ed?. (Master's in environmental design).
2. What school is best for me, putting in Mind the free tuition or nearly free, as well?
3. What are the necessary information, documents, I need to know or have.
4. I haven't gone for my service yet, I intend to soon, so I am looking at serving this batch B, therefore leaving for studies next September/October... when is it best for me to apply?
5. How is the work/study rate for someone of my calibre, I am not up to 25 yet, if that helps.
6. About learning the language, can I start learning from here(Nigeria) before going?. Although some of the courses are taken in English, I realise I won't be able to communicate without Knowing the language.
7. Racist or no racist, I believe you guys have being surviving...so I would too,? ; )
8. In my 2 years of Masters over here, I had an opportunity to work while schooling, part time, but extensive work, would that count as 'work experience'?.
9. Would be glad if anyone breaks this processes step by step.

Take it that I am a total newbie, here.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by gabi101(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2016
futurewise11:

bro good day,please if you don't mind i would like to know how long it takes for one to receive the admission email/mail after the deadline for application,thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Growingboi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
Special thanks to those the have been keeping this thread alive. futurewise11, vjustice, justwise etc.

I have some issues here. I have a shortcourse programme to attend in Germany in early next year.

Is it the appointment date that you chose for a short stay visa you will be interviewed or you will be given another date and

is it on the interview date you will submit your documents?

Also, after the document submission, how long will it take for visa processing?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Successjoy(f): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
@ellacute45 please answer this question. I also need it badly.
telvinfantasy:
Hello!!! My fellow brothers from another mother, there is this question bothering me and i will be very grateful if u can help me out with it. I just finished my OND, and people said only OND is not qualified to get admission into a German university.
But recently i was told by a family friend that i should get and HND form, complete the first semester of HND1 and do a transfer so my question is 'is it possible to get admission in such way? and pls what are the chances?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
Successjoy:
@ellacute45 please answer this question. I also need it badly.

My dear all I know is that, if you want to study for Bsc in Germany

There are two options
1.you might choose to do first semester in any university or polytechnic(not sure) in Nigeria and use the transcript to apply for Bsc course in Germany cause waec alone can't get you an admission

Or

2. The studienkolleg option : Studienkolleg is an institution that prepares foreign student who already completed high school in their home country and wish to study in a German university.The studienkolleg lasts for a year and is taught entirely in German. You need at least B1 to be eligible for an admission.

The only difference is that not all course are offered in English language, if you go with with the first option

All the best smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Successjoy(f): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks ma. God bless. I'll try to ask the schools if they can accept ond result. Thanks once again
ellacute45:

My dear all I know is that, if you want to study for Bsc in Germany

There are two options
1.you might choose to do first semester in any university or polytechnic(not sure) in Nigeria and use the transcript to apply for Bsc course in Nigeria cause waec alone can't get you an admission

Or

2. The studienkolleg option : Studienkolleg is an institution that prepares foreign student who already completed high school in their home country and wish to study in a German university.The studienkolleg lasts for a year and is taught entirely in German. You need at least B1 to be eligible for an admission.

The only difference is that not all course are offered in English language, if you go with with the first option

All the best smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2016
Successjoy:
Thanks ma. God bless. I'll try to ask the schools if they can accept ond result. Thanks once again

You are welcome cool
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
Whoever is planning to reside in Frankfurt am Main can contact me for accommodation arrangements

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Successjoy:

Don't stress yourself about it. It is either 100L or HND transcripts. You can put in for HND, get your HND 1 transcript and combine it with that of ND. It may fly. Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Successjoy(f): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
oh! alright. Thanks
honourableseyi:

Don't stress yourself about it. It is either 100L or HND transcripts. You can put in for HND, get your HND 1 transcript and combine it with that of ND. It may fly. Shalom
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by okonkwo257: 7:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys, planning to get a masters degree from germany but I am confused, Between TU Clausthal and TU munich, which is best and which offers admissions more readily
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by asadiaboymma: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Hello everyone! I am a HND holder and I am willing to apply to the German universities for undergraduate studies in chemical engineering, but my question is this; How do I go about the German language proficiency? Please gurus in the house help.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 1:56am On Jan 03, 2017
asadiaboymma:
Hello everyone! I am a HND holder and I am willing to apply to the German universities for undergraduate studies in chemical engineering, but my question is this; How do I go about the German language proficiency? Please gurus in the house help.

okonkwo257:
Hi guys, planning to get a masters degree from germany but I am confused, Between TU Clausthal and TU munich, which is best and which offers admissions more readily

Read and ask your questions through this link and thank me later. shalom

https://www.nairaland.com/3052025/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/292
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by captainc2015: 1:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.

pls how much is the tuition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by odrian(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2017
Eke40seven:

NOUN should be OK.

Hello
Am applying for a fashion program in ine of the public schools , i dont know if my OND in fashion will be accepted in germany. Please your reply will be highly appreciate
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eke40seven(m): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
odrian:

Hello
Am applying for a fashion program in ine of the public schools , i dont know if my OND in fashion will be accepted in germany. Please your reply will be highly appreciate
Thanks

Well, an OND is not equivalent to a German university entrance qualification for some reasons I don't understand but you can write the school. However, if the application is through unassist, then there is little or no chance at all of getting admitted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ossowunmi(m): 9:35am On Jan 10, 2017
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.

Is there any German university that uses English as language of instruction. Please reply
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2017
ossowunmi:

Is there any German university that uses English as language of instruction. Please reply

They are many

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Growingboi(m): 10:14am On Jan 10, 2017
Good morning everyone, I am very disappointed and weak right now. Anyone with Idea or info should please come to my aid.
I applied for shortcourse in eng., I was accepted and I paid the fee as well as accomofdation fee. With docoment s sent to me via email, I applied for a short term visa with all requirements genuine and over complete, acct above 1m and married, I am working wit a multinational coy. Yesterday I just rcv a refusal massage that the visa was rejected on the ground that my leaving Germany could not be ascertained. I still have like 3 weeks to the date of the training, please house, is it ok to apply again cox I got more money in my account(January bulk from my company) and the interview will be better this time.

Please and please, anyone with info should come to my aid

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.