Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (442382 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by kayjegs: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
I will advice people asking questions here to make moves, search Google, send emails to so many schools to start communications with them. You have learnt from this thread how lovely Germany is and so on, then you take the bold steps. Nobody will do everything for you. I do get so many inquiries from other threads about Germany and I told them if you want me to help you send emails, communicate on your behalf after I have given you the info you need, then you have to pay me for that. So I will encourage people to contact those schools, search on Google, wikipedia gives you list of German schools that are likely tuition free and so on. It doesnt take anything to ask yourself. You already know the finance involved from this wonderful thread. And I want to buttress someone's point here....you may stay away from Eastern Germany because of racist issues. That is it...Good luck in your pursuit. Germany is one of the best countries to live in the world.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101:
bro thanks, but what about the pay per hour, about how much can one get per hour?

I think it should be around 5-10 Euro depending on the type of job you are doing. Follow this link for more info about student jobs and time allowed for students to work.
https://www.study-in.de/en/life/job-money/finding-a-job/--12008

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
urchman101:
bro thanks, but what about the pay per hour, about how much can one get per hour?

I think it should be around 5-10 Euro depending on the type of job you are doing. Follow this link for more info about student jobs and time allowed for students to work. I think this will also answer your question @aireclipse?
https://www.study-in.de/en/life/job-money/finding-a-job/--12008 and https://www.daad.de/deutschland/in-deutschland/arbeit/en/9148-earning-money/
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
You are always welcome.
German educatıon ıs free but ıts very very ıntensıve.
Dont make job your prımary objectıve,you wıll surely survıve.school for here no be beans.

One love
Rickywowoz: Thanks alot sir, i also follow your posts on the other thread and i must say that you are really a nice person....... Please keep the information flowing in

one love

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 12:36am On Nov 17, 2013
futurewise11: You are always welcome.
German educatıon ıs free but ıts very very ıntensıve.
Dont make job your prımary objectıve,you wıll surely survıve.school for here no be beans.

One love
Alrighty boss.... Thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by laryom1(m): 6:32am On Nov 17, 2013
laryom1: Which German university that offers free tuitiön fee is the best to study Medicine and Surgery(MBBS)?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Damolux01(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Thank God, I see this as a fresh start, kudos to everyone here. We'll all get there someday.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by justwise(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2013
@All

Please keep the discussion open here, no dropping contact details here.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isidollarboy(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
@bandit c, v_official, goldenwing, chidexy and other guys here , thanks for the good info you all have, provided.
Please I have a question, for people who has HND , is there any chances for them to do their masters in germany, if yes what's are the requirements if NO , where can one start from if the person intends to go for bsc over there in germany? Thanks in advance .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by goldenwing: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
isidollarboy: @bandit c, v_official, goldenwing, chidexy and other guys here , thanks for the good info you all have, provided.
Please I have a question, for people who has HND , is there any chances for them to do their masters in germany, if yes what's are the requirements if NO , where can one start from if the person intends to go for bsc over there in germany? Thanks in advance .

Just to be on the safe side, you can apply for both Masters and Bachelors at the same time. You can apply to Universities that do not charge application fees, so you will not have much to lose in any event. I understand that for Bachelors admission in Germany, the Universities require at least one year of higher education after high school which I am sure you more than qualify for. For masters degree, your grades need to be on the high side since places are competitive; It will be advisable to include a transcript of records to your application so as to convince the admissions office of courses you completed and grades earned. Universities and other links provided above like daad.de should be of further help.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isidollarboy(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2013
goldenwing:

Just to be on the safe side, you can apply for both Masters and Bachelors at the same time. You can apply to Universities that do not charge application fees, so you will not have much to lose in any event. I understand that for Bachelors admission in Germany, the Universities require at least one year of higher education after high school which I am sure you more than qualify for. For masters degree, your grades need to be on the high side since places are competitive; It will be advisable to include a transcript of records to your application so as to convince the admissions office of courses you completed and grades earned. Universities and other links provided above like daad.de should be of further help.
@goldenwing thanks for your reply, am grateful, so for the chances of masters is 40% out of 100%, but please, what about if i stepup my hnd with post graduate degree (PGD) here in nigeria, will the chances of admission be increased or is there any other program I could do there just like (PGD) here in nigeria that will guarantee the admission? I will be so.glad to hear from you.thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
I suggest that people with HND should apply for bachelor because no institution in Germany will accept it for MSc program especially if you are applying through Uni-assist. For the bachelor programs taught in English,they are always competitive because most bsc programs are in German, the few English programs are limited to international business admin or management and most school request for TOEFL or ielts;and science oriented program in english are very scarce. Try to read the school requirements very well before u forward your application,there are some differences in their requirements, some school will tell u that if u have studied in English or ur official language is English u will be exempted while others will not accept it.

isidollarboy: @bandit c, v_official, goldenwing, chidexy and other guys here , thanks for the good info you all have, provided.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by WildChild00(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
[b] If you can speak German language, then this scholarship is for you,

In 1999 the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation’s (RLF) “Studienwerk” (an organisation that provides social, financial and cultural support services to students in Germany) began awarding scholarships to German and foreign students (under graduate and doctorate) who study in Germany.

The RLF is a political educational organisation and is affiliated with DIE LINKE (The Left Party). The main goals of the RLF are: contributing to the democratization of the forming of political will, strengthening social justice and solidarity, as well as demolishing patriarchal, ethnical and national based oppression.

Since establishing a financial aid program in 1999 the RLF’s “Studienwerk” has assisted almost 900 scholars and is currently supporting in total circa 400 students and doctorate students (foreign and national). Yearly, approximately 120 new stipendiaries are granted funding with about 25 being doctorate students.

Criteria for support and scholarship types

In agreement with the goals of the RLF its “Studienwerk” supports students displaying scholarly excellence and who are additionally active in social, political and/or community services, which are considered to be representative of the ideology of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.

Applicants are required to be enrolled at a German university. We also require a very good knowledge of the German language (proof of language proficiency is necessary).

In an attempt to offset social, political and gender biases, the RLF’s “Studienwerk” gives preference to equally qualified women, applicants from socially weak backgrounds and people with disabilities. Students and doctorate students in natural sciences, technical and engineering disciplines are explicitly encouraged to apply.

Additional support

Apart from the scholarships, support is also provided in the form of an extensive event calendar. This includes various seminars about technical and methodical aspects of working in research, graduate seminars, conferences, retreats, workshops and educational excursions. The RLF also facilitates self-government and work groups of the stipendiaries.

Tel.: +49 (0)30 44310-223
studienwerk@rosalux.de
http://www.rosalux.de/english/scholarships.html

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
Best best ıs apply for bsc because ur chance of gettıng admıssıon ıs very slım,more over embassy mıght gıve you exam to show how capable you are for the msc program.alot of people wıth hnd here start afresh.

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
futurewise11: Best best ıs apply for bsc because ur chance of gettıng admıssıon ıs very slım,more over embassy mıght gıve you exam to show how capable you are for the msc program.alot of people wıth hnd here start afresh.

shocked wtf! Embassy gives exams?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
macof:

shocked wtf! Embassy gives exams?

Yes boss in some cases.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by WildChild00(m): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
[b]
Executive MBA Women Scholarships 2014

Generally
Complaints about the technical and management shortages in Germany is widespread, and that qualified women can make an important contribution to the solution of this problem is widely recognized. Nevertheless, women are still under-represented in leadership positions. As a service company for the education and training of leaders, the HFU Business School of the University of Furtwangen want to make an active contribution to the solution of the problem and therefore offer for the summer semester 2014, a total of 4 women scholarships for our Executive MBA. The part-and English-language executive MBA program of the Hochschule Furtwangen general management with emphasis conveys practical and practical knowledge within a well-structured theoretical framework and in particular strengthens interdisciplinary and intercultural knowledge and experience. Just for the export-oriented German economy is this aspect of paramount importance. Therefore, the Executive MBA includes two visits abroad of one week in China and France. The training concludes with the internationally recognized Master of Business Administration (MBA) and supports qualified employees in their future career path. The Executive MBA has the seal of approval of the internationally renowned accreditation agency FIBAA and ACQUIN. Start of the study will be in March 2014.

Type of funding
The HFU Business School awards for the summer semester 2014 four partial scholarships for women in the value of EUR 6,000 each to participate in the Executive MBA program, which represents a third of the tuition fees. The fellowship is aimed at highly motivated women leaders and women who wish to qualify with the two-year training program for management positions. Candidates should also have above-average academic performance and initial success in business. As the small group concept with max. 15 participants offers a high flexibility with individual long-term planning, we can imagine also candidates who want to prepare for the ambitious re-entry into the profession for example, during the family phase. The attendance days Friday and Saturday usually 2x a month during the semester, and 2 one-week foreign modules can be integrated well. The program is distinguished by its practical relevance and provides ideal conditions for the career comeback. The Executive MBA partial scholarships for women are offset against the tuition fees for the Executive MBA program at the HFU Business School.

Conditions
an above-average university degree
a minimum of five years of professional practice
good knowledge of English
Application
Please send a completed application form for the Executive MBA program, your CV and a motivation letter in which you describe what you have achieved professionally, what you want to achieve and your reasons for applying execmba@hs-furtwangen.de . the complete application will be reviewed and selected by a jury. The commitments will be sent two weeks after the application deadline.

Application Deadline: 15/01/2014
More information
Funding categories
Tuition
Target regions
Germany
Europe
Target groups
Women
Formation phase
Education / training
Education
Master
Funded disciplines
all disciplines
Contact
HFU Business School of the University of Furtwangen
Jakob Kienzle-Str. 17
78054 Villingen-Schwenningen
Phone: +49 7720 307-4185
E-mail: sle@hs-furtwangen.de Internet: mba.hs-furtwangen.de
Contact
Feketics Regina
Phone: 07720/307-4315
Fax: 07720/307-4779
Email: execmba@hs-furtwangen.de Internet: www.executive-mba.hs-furtwangen.de

[/b]
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by goldenwing: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
isidollarboy: @goldenwing thanks for your reply, am grateful, so for the chances of masters is 40% out of 100%, but please, what about if i stepup my hnd with post graduate degree (PGD) here in nigeria, will the chances of admission be increased or is there any other program I could do there just like (PGD) here in nigeria that will guarantee the admission? I will be so.glad to hear from you.thanks

I really do not know much about that. However, you can take a step further by searching for an actual university which you intend to apply to where your range of preferred course is available and send an email to the admissions office requesting further information or explaining your standing. Many of these universities reply inquiries and they will be able to tell you their standard criteria for admissions both into masters and bachelors courses.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 12:38am On Nov 18, 2013
honourableseyi:

Yes boss in some cases.

This is kinda creepy
Wat cases exactly? Undergraduate courses too?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2013
@Wildchild00. Thanks for the information, you are doing a great job.....
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2013
Please house, i heard the visa is a one year visa and that you will renew it overthere in Germany when it expires, i want to know if you are to provide another €8000 before the visa is renewed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Rickywowoz: Please house, i heard the visa is a one year visa and that you will renew it overthere in Germany when it expires, i want to know if you are to provide another €8000 before the visa is renewed.

So the first time u apply from Nigeria u have to pay €8000?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
After securing your admission letter, the next action is to decide if you will use sponsor or transfer 8040 euro into Deutsche Bank in Germany, it always better for one to secure any of these two requirements or guarantee their source. For the sponsor, u need to get someone with at least permanent residence permit or German citizen who has a job with minimum of 2200 euro per month, after that u send a copy of ur admission letter and international passport to ur sponsor which he will take to foreign office in Germany and do declaration of sponsorship for u. the certificate of sponsorship will be sent to u in Nigeria, and that is what u will use to apply for your visa.

I live in Berlin and they do give two years after your arrival, and when it comes to renewal they dont demand for 8040euro in ur account, they only ask first time applicant that just arrive to Germany. Therefore, your question is location specific not general I mean for the renewal.

Rickywowoz: Please house, i heard the visa is a one year visa and that you will renew it overthere in Germany when it expires, i want to know if you are to provide another €8000 before the visa is renewed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Rickywowoz: 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thanks alot. kelo
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
macof:

This is kinda creepy
Wat cases exactly? Undergraduate courses too?

During the interview, if you are unable to answer the questions correctly and convincingly, you will be given a written exam. But if you can give the V.O the reason not to write any exam then you have nothing to fear

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
So wats the way forward if you don't have a German based sponsor?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
macof: So wats the way forward if you don't have a German based sponsor?
€8,000

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ogbeche77: €8,000

Just to get visa Or wat else?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Omojayejaye(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Oga honourableseyi I hail o.....oga futurewise hope lectures is not too stressful over there..how tinz..
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
we thank God jare.how your side.
Omojayejaye: Oga honourableseyi I hail o.....oga futurewise hope lectures is not too stressful over there..how tinz..
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Omojayejaye(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Bros am doing great here...I tried sending you pm on your signature but it didn't go thru....
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by honourableseyi: 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Omojayejaye: Oga honourableseyi I hail o.....oga futurewise hope lectures is not too stressful over there..how tinz..

I throw way salute back oooo in full. Hope things are working and clicking together? All will be well ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.