Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (442481 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
resend it via my email
Omojayejaye: Bros am doing great here...I tried sending you pm on your signature but it didn't go thru....
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Omojayejaye(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ok...I will definitely do that...
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by macof(m): 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
U guyz have been helpful thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isidollarboy(m): 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
A welldone job to those who has contributed to this thread and to the oga's who has kept the thread alive., please I have another question :

If it happens to be that I got a visa to Germany for other things,

how long will it take me to process my admission?

Will they request for the €8000 (for the block account) as partaking to the admission requirements, While am in Germany ?

What will be the necessary or (additional) documents for somebody who has HND here in nigeria to go along with for admission to ( bsc) .

and also an advice to this person?

thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 11:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
isidollarboy: A welldone job to those who has contributed to this thread and to the oga's who has kept the thread alive., please I have another question :

If it happens to be that I got a visa to Germany for other things,

how long will it take me to process my admission?

Will they request for the €8000 (for the block account) as partaking to the admission requirements, While am in Germany ?

What will be the necessary or (additional) documents for somebody who has HND here in nigeria to go along with for admission to ( bsc) .

and also an advice to this person?

thanks in advance.

if you are in as tourist you cant enrol as student in any german university.you need the block account or sponsorship letter for both the visa and school enrolment.
as per the admission the question has being answered million times.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello Nlanders, Please a question from a German consulate like- why Germany? what do you think would be the best answer to such?
Also, the German school I got admission into said I should get a German based insurance and that 9ja own wouldn't be accepted there now, does this mean that, one wouldn't have to do the 9ja own that I hear lots of us say the embassy called them and requested them to get 3 months insurance here to submit in order to get their study visa? Please, I need expertise advice(s). Huge thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Junipero: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
you will need a German Health Insurance.... The Embassy would tell you to bring along 3 months travel insurance when they call you u for Visa Collection.. the travel insurance is Nigerian.. PLEASE SEARCH FOR CARE CONCEPT AG ON GOOGLE... you will see more answers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
Double
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2013
Hello I suggest u shuld do travel insurance for 3 months at mutual benefit insurance in naija, this is just for uto secure ur 3 months visa in naija. when u get to Germany u can now do care concept as suggested before or mawista or AOK, if u re less than 30years i suggest u do AOK but if u re more than do others. pls when u get to Germany do not do the cheapest package of care concept or mawista because it will not fully cover u, go for premium.
B4 U LEAVE NAIJA if u do any german-based insurance is wasting of money, they may not even do it for u cos u need some documents.
DANNIE-more:
Hello Nlanders, Please a question from a German consulate like- why Germany? what do you think would be the best answer to such?
Also, the German school I got admission into said I should get a German based insurance and that 9ja own wouldn't be accepted there now, does this mean that, one wouldn't have to do the 9ja own that I hear lots of us say the embassy called them and requested them to get 3 months insurance here to submit in order to get their study visa? Please, I need expertise advice(s). Huge thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
@Kelo314, huge thanks. I am less than 30 years and already have a contract with one German insurance called Bermer GEK and would commence operation/my payment to them from only March next year when I must have arrived there. Please, how much does mutual benefit charge for this 3 months stuff? Still waiting for an answer to my question that could be asked by the German consulate- Why Germany and also, what do you intend to do after studies? Please, I need response on this. Thanks and God Bless Y'all.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
mutual benefit is around 20k, concerning ur question there is no specific answer butit depends how u can articulate ur reason e.g. i choose germany because of the standard of their education, to acquire international skills and experience etc..for the 2nd question, i intends to come back to take up lecturing job to impact the knowledge acquired on the young generation or establish consulting firm, all depending on ur career goal

DANNIE-more:
@Kelo314, huge thanks. I am less than 30 years and already have a contract with one German insurance called Bermer GEK and would commence operation/my payment to them from only March next year when I must have arrived there. Please, how much does mutual benefit charge for this 3 months stuff? Still waiting for an answer to my question that could be asked by the German consulate- Why Germany and also, what do you intend to do after studies? Please, I need response on this. Thanks and God Bless Y'all.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isidollarboy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
futurewise11:

if you are in as tourist you cant enrol as student in any german university.you need the block account or sponsorship letter for both the visa and school enrolment.
as per the admission the question has being answered million times.

a million thanks to you futurewise11
so what u mean is if am given a residential permit for at least six or more. , I can't enroll as a student?

please another thing, can someone who has a German passport and who has a job stands as guarantor /sponsorer without depositing this 8000euro for the block account
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thanks @kelo314. 9ce response from you. now, do you know of this German insurance I mentioned about ( Bermer Gek)?.

Just hoping everything works together for my good at the last because, I would be paying the semester contribution by tomorrow and sending all required documents to the school via the post tomorrow morning so I could met up the deadline they said which is 13th Dec for them to receive all the documents including my payment slip for the semester contribution.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
I dont knowmuch about the insurance company but they should be ok.

DANNIE-more:
Thanks @kelo314. 9ce response from you. now, do you know of this German insurance I mentioned about ( Bermer Gek)?.

Just hoping everything works together for my good at the last because, I would be paying the semester contribution by tomorrow and sending all required documents to the school via the post tomorrow morning so I could met up the deadline they said which is 13th Dec for them to receive all the documents including my payment slip for the semester contribution.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
DANNIE-more:

you already got admission for summer semester? That's really fast.. If I may ask, which school and what course?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
This is my 2nd year MSc. Environmental resource management, Brandenburg University of Technology, Cottbus
Ogbeche77: you already got admission for summer semester? That's really fast.. If I may ask, which school and what course?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
kelo314: This is my 2nd year MSc. Environmental resource management, Brandenburg University of Technology, Cottbus
lol. I actually directed the question too DannieMore, that's for contributing though grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2013
@ Kelo314,do you really mean 2nd year M.Sc or B.Sc? How many years is the M.Sc of that your course please? ! Ogbeche77. i'm sorry for replying late. Actually was busy kinda. Yes I already got admission for the summer beginning 11th March as stated on the admission letter sent to me. The admission letter is 3 pages and on the 3rd page is a form for confirmation of admission if I would accept or not then I would have to sign and return alongside with other documents to the school via post, not later than 13th Dec for them to receive ALL the docs and then, they would send me my student ID and other documents quickly again which they have said I am gonna use for my VISA application, etc..

Note: The admission process for the summer course actually ended since July 15th and the school portal was closed. After 3months, they emailed me to check on the portal to download my admission letter directly from there (using my student profile information they gave to me for regular check of this) but within this long period, I was always writing and calling them asking them series of questions until finally I got the letter.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2013
DANNIE-more:
@ Kelo314,do you really mean 2nd year M.Sc or B.Sc? How many years is the M.Sc of that your course please? ! Ogbeche77. i'm sorry for replying late. Actually was busy kinda. Yes I already got admission for the summer beginning 11th March as stated on the admission letter sent to me. The admission letter is 3 pages and on the 3rd page is a form for confirmation of admission if I would accept or not then I would have to sign and return alongside with other documents to the school via post, not later than 13th Dec for them to receive ALL the docs and then, they would send me my student ID and other documents quickly again which they have said I am gonna use for my VISA application, etc. The school is Hamburg University of Applied Sciences- HAW (Hoschule Fur Angewandte Wissenschaften) and the course is Masters in Public Health ( Gesundheitwissenschaften).

Note: The admission process for the summer course actually ended since July 15th and the school portal was closed. After 3months, they emailed me to check on the portal to download my admission letter directly from there (using my student profile information they gave to me for regular check of this) but within this long period, I was always writing and calling them asking them series of questions until finally I got the letter.
with the admission letter sent to you, I think you can that to open the block account and apply for your visa..
Different school with different style though, cause I was thinking all docs should have been sent and verified before admission can be granted
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by futurewise11(m): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2013
yes u cant enrol,with visit visa.and yes someone with german pasport that is gainfully employ can sponsor u.
isidollarboy: a million thanks to you futurewise11
so what u mean is if am given a residential permit for at least six or more. , I can't enroll as a student?

please another thing, can someone who has a German passport and who has a job stands as guarantor /sponsorer without depositing this 8000euro for the block account
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isidollarboy(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2013
futurewise11: yes u cant enrol,with visit visa.and yes someone with german pasport that is gainfully employ can sponsor u.
thanks bro, at least there is a start from here with this info.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2013
@ Ogbeche. thanks but no I cant apply for a visa until I get the instruction from them. its gonna be step by step bro. Yes I have gotten the admission.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2013
DANNIE-more:
@ Ogbeche. thanks but no I cant apply for a visa until I get the instruction from them. its gonna be step by step bro. Yes I have gotten the admission but they want to send me some other documents alongside my student id card before I can proceed and I am not using the blocked account but my cousin is sending me the sponsor letter shortly for use.. thanks all the same.
welcome boss
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
I meant 2nd year of MSc. Most master programmes are 2 years.

DANNIE-more:
@ Kelo314,do you really mean 2nd year M.Sc or B.Sc? How many years is the M.Sc of that your course please? ! Ogbeche77. i'm sorry for replying late. Actually was busy kinda. Yes I already got admission for the summer beginning 11th March as stated on the admission letter sent to me. The admission letter is 3 pages and on the 3rd page is a form for confirmation of admission if I would accept or not then I would have to sign and return alongside with other documents to the school via post, not later than 13th Dec for them to receive ALL the docs and then, they would send me my student ID and other documents quickly again which they have said I am gonna use for my VISA application, etc. The school is Hamburg University of Applied Sciences- HAW (Hoschule Fur Angewandte Wissenschaften) and the course is Masters in Public Health ( Gesundheitwissenschaften).

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pearl22: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls is der anybody here studying at fu berlin?...I plan on going der for b.sc n am so confusd....I need help
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Kelo314, thanks and now understood though mine is about 18months ( 3 semesters @ 6months each ) whatsup and hope a student could get a job that could pay his rent and send some little home for them to enjoy oh, lol? Do they speak English in Germany at all? Just generally, how is Germany?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
sure u can get job that will sustain u conveniently, concerning language eastern Germany is the worst place when it comes to speaking English cos most are not that friendly especially if u dont speak Deutsch, but that is not a barrier 4 one who has determination. Though Berlin is better because is the capital city; one thing i noticed is that even Germans that do speak English we pretend not to...therefore my brother is always gud to learn the language at least for minor communication in other to be able to integrate.

DANNIE-more:
@Kelo314, thanks and now understood though mine is about 18months ( 3 semesters @ 6months each ) whatsup and hope a student could get a job that could pay his rent and send some little home for them to enjoy oh, lol? Do they speak English in Germany at all? Just generally, how is Germany?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by DANNIEmore: 4:22am On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks @ Kelo314. of cos I know understanding the language would be of great importance. So, how about Hamburg which is Northern Germany, is it also cool like Berlin?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by younggurl(f): 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Please for some1 who has o'level n wants to study/work in abroad...where'd d psn start from?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
younggurl: Please for some1 who has o'level n wants to study/work in abroad...where'd d psn start from?
Please write clearly, so your question won't be misinterpreted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (118) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.