Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441651 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by amikable97: 12:24am On Oct 31, 2019
MarkGud:
Hi Mates, can someone put me through on the pros and cons of putting studies (MSc. prog after one semester) on hold for about 9 months for intensive language classes ( to be held in another city). Contributions are highly appreciated, cos I recently thought; the lang. skill play important role in landing jobs after studies why not do as mentioned above. Let's rub minds.

If you're still in Nigeria it is better and cheaper to enrol and learn German language here... Anyway the elders can still shed more light on this
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by naijacentric(m): 2:13am On Oct 31, 2019
janettee:

Can they speak German?. It's relatively hard to get a job as an international student in some cities if you can't speak German.
bros even german sef it is not guranteed same reason some guys do another master or marry german las las dem scam us with their white collar jobs na laga work full everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:23am On Oct 31, 2019
naijacentric:
bros even german sef it is not guranteed same reason some guys do another master or marry german las las dem scam us with their white collar jobs na laga work full everywhere
i

What laga works are you talking about pls
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by janettee(f): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2019
naijacentric:

I'm not 'bros' undecided.

Scam?, how grin. You people sound so entitled sometimes and it's funny. What's wrong with working in Lager as a student? grin.

Those who do another master, do it cause that's the only way they can get a job in their field of studies!.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:45am On Oct 31, 2019
janettee:

Scam?, how grin. You people sound so entitled sometimes and it's funny. What's wrong with working in Lager as a student? grin.

Those who do another master, do it cause that's the only way they can get a job in their field of studies!.

What's lager work? Does it come with free beer? Does it pay more than pizza boys and burger flipping?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MarkGud(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2019
amikable97:

If you're still in Nigeria
it is better and cheaper to enrol and learn German language here... Anyway the elders can still shed more light on this

NO , at the bolded.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2019
MarkGud:

NO , at the bolded.

Depends on the school abroad tho
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Abaasit4real(m): 11:05am On Oct 31, 2019
Xzbit91:

can you drop a link to the thread? God bless.

I co ask please, once you get it, please let me know.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Abaasit4real:

Lmao! You guyz are trolling right. Like seriously lol

I also need that link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Abaasit4real(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Lmao! You guyz are trolling right. Like seriously lol

I also need that link

I’m not bro, fr. I need it, if you get it, share please
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by janettee(f): 11:40am On Oct 31, 2019
MarkGud:
Hi Mates, can someone put me through on the pros and cons of putting studies (MSc. prog after one semester) on hold for about 9 months for intensive language classes ( to be held in another city). Contributions are highly appreciated, cos I recently thought; the lang. skill play important role in landing jobs after studies why not do as mentioned above. Let's rub minds.

Don't do it if you know you won't be dedicated to the intensive course!.

Some people put their studies on hold to learn the language but at the end of day, they actually want to work full time.

It will be great if it's something you really want to do. The pro is that you will learn the language up to b1 level. The only disadvantage is that you might be tempted to work full time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Xzbit91: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Abaasit4real:

OK
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MarkGud(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
janettee:

Don't do it if you know you won't be dedicated to the intensive course!.

Some people put their studies on hold to learn the language but at the end of day, they actually want to work full time.

It will be great if it's something you really want to do. The pro is that you will learn the language up to b1 level. The only disadvantage is that you might be tempted to work full time.

Thanks for dissecting the question, can u recommend a good language school.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by janettee(f): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
MarkGud:

Thanks for dissecting the question, can u recommend a good language school.

Volkshochschule.

The best in my opinion.

Just google for anyone around your city.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by naijacentric(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
Thegamingorca:
i

What laga works are you talking about pls
lol i mean the necessary jobs(brown collar)
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by naijacentric(m): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
janettee:

calm down i was just making u see reasons
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Awani007(m): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by naijacentric(m): 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Awani007:

How are their women?
them dey conservative o but u gas patient make dem trust some of our brodas don spoil ground on to papers stuff.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
naijacentric:
them dey conservative o but u gas patient make dem trust some of our brodas don spoil ground on to papers stuff.

It's just sad really. Niederlassungserlaubnis the humbler of African migrants

One guy from nl wey dey work there as hotel janitor dey complain say Edo bini and esan boiz don cast that parole onto paper lol
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Abaasit4real
Xzbit91

This is the link

German student enquiries thread

Prost.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
builderperry

I got to Germany last week Friday and I can say it worth all the stress I went through during my application to the visa. I was in school on Monday and I was well welcomed and the lecturer even gave me coffee and biscuit in class. I have 2 Nigerians who will just be taking just the first semester in class and they are giving me the right advice. I stayed in a student hostel till yesterday but I am not in a good accommodation at the moment.

I wish everyone best of luck!
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MarkGud(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
janettee:

Volkshochschule.

The best in my opinion.

Just google for anyone around your city.

Thanks alot. Mind I PM you?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by janettee(f): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
MarkGud:

Thanks alot. Mind I PM you?

No p.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Xzbit91: 12:44am On Nov 01, 2019
Hadampson:
Abaasit4real
Xzbit91

This is the link

German student enquiries thread

Prost.

Thanks, I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by naijacentric(m): 3:57am On Nov 01, 2019
Thegamingorca:

It's just sad really. Niederlassungserlaubnis the humbler of African migrants

One guy from nl wey dey work there as hotel janitor dey complain say Edo bini and esan boiz don cast that parole onto paper lol
as in ehn naija we always over do its so sad shocked
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chuklesley02(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2019
Pls any Msc Structural Engineering student in d house. Let's run mind
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2019
Oii I see justwise lurking
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by olaadesie(m): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2019
Great job! thanks to all the gurus for making time to drop info here ....... had my first degree in mass communication admitted to study digital management MA at hochschule frenesius. i need answer and clarification on this questions

1. how many years work/resident permit do u get as a student in cologne?

2.what are the prospect of getting a job as a student?

3.life in cologne generally as a student?.... i will appreciate help with the break down of social norms, health issue, accommodation, jobs and tax, registration with the alien office. ??

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by harkheju(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2019
My visa came with a work permit too

eastafro:

do you mean visa ? cause residence permit in a month also doesn't makes sense ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by charliechyke(m): 11:55am On Nov 03, 2019
Good day everyone! I'm planning on moving to Germany for further studies. I have a course in mind which is Masters in Environmental and resource management at Brandenburg technical University, Cottbus.

Please I need information regarding the university, the city and how to go about the application.

I would really appreciate if someone helps me out here.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
charliechyke:
Good day everyone! I'm planning on moving to Germany for further studies. I have a course in mind which is Masters in Environmental and resource management at Brandenburg technical University, Cottbus.

Please I need information regarding the university, the city and how to go about the application.

I would really appreciate if someone helps me out here.

Contact Christwaso

Prost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.