Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,807 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

Who Will Tell Channels TV??? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Tell Channels TV??? (3209 Views)

This Photo Of Soldiers Training Will Tell You Why Soldiers Are Mean / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / Buhari's Colored Original Result And Old School Pics: Channels Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2013
I will!
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by seunmsg(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There are now 3 options for those willing to travel from Lagos to Kano: air, road or RAIL. Air transport is out of the reach of most Nigerians so the COMPETITION really is between road and rail transport. Now lets compare road and rail transport:

A bus journey from Lagos to Kano costs roughly N5,000. And it lasts about 25 – 28 hours.
https://www.nairaland.com/1335980/premium-times-train-trip-kano

While if the same journey is done by train, it costs N1,900 (second class) and it lasts 33hours.

Now lets bring in the safety factor. Obviously, it is far far safer to travel by rail than by road.

So, if you were to choose between rail and road, which would you choose? I would go for rail any day, any time. The choice is yours.
The last time I travelled by road from Kano to Lagos, the journey took about 16 hours as against the 25-28 hours u mentioned aboved. I think u also need to do your research well before coming here to castigate channels tv presenters.
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
seunmsg: The last time I travelled by road from Kano to Lagos, the journey took about 16 hours as against the 25-28 hours u mentioned aboved. I think u also need to do your research well before coming here to castigate channels tv presenters.
You guys are usually in a hurry to spew thrash. The average duration of 25 to 28hrs travelling from Lagos to Kano by road was provided by PREMIUM TIMES, not me. The link is there for all to see. Note, that is the usually average. It does not mean you cannot make it by road in 10hours if you travel at 200km per hour for instance, but definitely at much greater risk of accident or death? It may even take longer than 28hrs if there are issues on the road? It is safe to assume the time provided by Premium Times, a known critic of the govt, is the usual average.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by hardknockbroda(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I wonder what will be termed an achievement by hateful and cynical minds. Everything being done now is not an achievement in the eyes of people who hate to see the face of GEJ. Roads that were deplorable are being reconstructed, it is not an achievement. Cassava bread initiative meant to empower farmers, its not an achievement. Trains that were DEAD before are being restored, it is not an achievement. Airports that were like poultry farms are being rebuilt, it is not an achievement. We've seen far better elections since 2011, it is not an achievement. Power sector reforms (privatisation and all that), it is celebration of mediocrity. Creation of new federal universities, it is mediocrity. SURE-P and YOUWIN, it is not an achievement. And so on and so forth.

I wonder what will be achievement or PROGRESS for hateful minds. Maybe the head of GEJ on a platter.

When the president was seeking election in 2011, all the sectors, including those mentioned above, were PROBLEMATIC. He was elected to solve those problems and he's doing just that, bit by bit.

With a budget of over 4 trillion Naira yearly for the past 5 years all u can point out as achievements are some road constructions,revival of locomotive trains, cassava bread grin , Sure P and YouWin, then all I can say is GOODLUCK to u bro!!

Yet we wonder why other countries like Ghana,Angola,south Africa and Bostwana are doing better than Nigeria

Yet we wonder why the country is so richly blessed and the pple are so poor and hungry

Seriously Nigerians deserve so much more than what we are getting from our leaders currently but because "our brother" is in power,everything he does is right and anyone who has a contrary view is Hateful and cynical..

God help us!

1 Like

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
hardknockbroda:

With a budget of over 4 trillion Naira yearly for the past 5 years all u can point out as achievements are some road constructions,revival of locomotive trains, cassava bread grin , Sure P and YouWin, then all I can say is GOODLUCK to u bro!!

Yet we wonder why other countries like Ghana,Angola,south Africa and Bostwana are doing better than Nigeria

Yet we wonder why the country is so richly blessed and the pple are so poor and hungry

Seriously Nigerians deserve so much more than what we are getting from our leaders currently but because "our brother" is in power,everything he does is right and anyone who has a contrary view is Hateful and cynical..

God help us!
What do you mean by "some" road construction? You better free your mind of hate because until you do that, you'll continue to embarrass yourself. This is a govt that has completed 32 road projects in 2yrs, and you know federal roads are mostly inter-state roads. If that is not substantial, then maybe we should give you GEJ's head on a platter for your satisfaction.

By the way, if the past clueless leaders had done these basic things (which some of you call mediocre), the current president would have concentrated on more advanced things.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
hardknockbroda:

God help us!
God bless ur brain !!!

Tis not Sincere9jeria's fault but ignorance of majority of Nigerians !!!

U see some people eulogising a regime that fixed roads,electricity,water,air and everything and we lots go frenzy with all these as if Those elected officers are using their personal wealth to run these projects !!!

Tis the rights of Nigerian to enjoy basic social amenities as hospital,education,road,water and life and as the case of Nigeria we deserve better than what we are having and we re never gonna keep shut for receiving less !!!

Trillions of Naira as Budget every year which does not commensurate with performance of such budget and U expect us to be singing ''Halleluya'' on mediocres !!!

If those of yesteryears were silent we may not have GEJ today, and we shall keep up until we have a better man @ the helms of affair and Better Air to Breathe

1 Like

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
donroxy: God bless ur brain !!!

Tis not Sincere9jeria's fault but ignorance of majority of Nigerians !!!

U see some people eulogising a regime that fixed roads,electricity,water,air and everything and we lots go frenzy with all these as if Those elected officers are using their personal wealth to run these projects !!!

Tis the rights of Nigerian to enjoy basic social amenities as hospital,education,road,water and life and as the case of Nigeria we deserve better than what we are having and we re never gonna keep shut for receiving less !!!

Trillions of Naira as Budget every year which does not commensurate with performance of such budget and U expect us to be singing ''Halleluya'' on mediocres !!!

If those of yesteryears were silent we may not have GEJ today, and we shall keep up until we have a better man @ the helms of affair and Better Air to Breathe
We'r eulogising the regime that is fixing the basic things BECAUSE the previous regimes FAILED woefully to fix this same basic things. QED

1 Like

Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We'r eulogising the regime that is fixing the basic things BECAUSE the previous regimes FAILED woefully to fix this same basic things. QED
Both Previous and New Regime, are they not of the same element and Ideology of people's decieving party !!!

The Individual doesn't matter to me but the institution He represented which is one that always produced those regimes that FAILED woefully.
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
Dont mind the frustrated myopia derange mugu.
@SincereNigerian,Keep on the enlightment crusade.
Indeed GEJ is working.
Thanks bruv
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
donroxy: Both Previous and New Regime, are they not of the same element and Ideology of people's decieving party !!!

The Individual doesn't matter to me but the institution He represented which is one that always produced those regimes that FAILED woefully.
I have declared war on the Channels TV duo of Kayode and Alaero. No retreat until they retract their mis-information
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by ujoinme: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2013
lol
Re: Who Will Tell Channels TV??? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Ozin: I will!
Pls do. Thanks bruv. Who else will tell Channels TV?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Tour Of The Ultra Modern Abia State Diagnostic Centre, Umuahia. / Armoured Car Controversy: Only N52 Million Has Been Expended So Far / Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.