Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) (19836 Views)

Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters / She Came with Hope - A Fiction. / Untitled Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2013
CHAPTER ONE
[b]
KetewPomponi was a little farming village that shared borders with Kankamuum in the north, Atwaa in the south, Bintu in the east and Osobrokyie in the West. KetewPomponi was famous for its excellence in agriculture as all neighbouring villages and beyond depended on them for maize and yams. The chief of KetewPomponi, CFCfan was a benevolent wealthy man who was married to Hollandis.They had been married for six years without an issue, and CFCfan's mother, Idowuogbo always quarreled with Hollandis to give her a grandchild or else she would bring a second wife. This caused lots of distress for Hollandis as she didnt like the idea of a second wife.

Meanwhile, if there was one family in KetewPomponi that was always in the news, then it was Bunmioguns and his family.Bunmioguns had three wives and six children.Pretiebony the first wife, booqee the second wife and freecocoa the third. In all, Bunmioguns was blessed with seven children, namely Lagusta, Born2fuck, Bushy-anus, Bigvajina, Olaadegbu,Ajibel and 190.What made this family an interesting one was the fact that, though they were very successful in maize farming, the father Bunmioguns was a very lazy, promiscuous and drunk man. The three wives had their own periodic quarrels and the children were very recalcitrant.
One sunny afternoon, Bunmioguns was sitting in his chair under a tree in front of his house with his wives and children when 190, his last son came home with a goat around his neck. " 190, 190, where from this goat?" Pretiebony who was his mother asked looking worried. Bunmioguns who didnt like the question remarked angrily " lazy woman! see oo, instead of her grabbing the goat to prepare soup for the family, she is asking silly questions". Soon, fufu was ready and the soup was prepared with the goat 190 brought home. The family often sat round a big table and ate together from one big bowl." where is the goat's genitall?" Bunmioguns who loved that part with passion asked the women who prepared the meal, and there was silence round the table. " i ask again, where is the goat's kpekus?" Bunmioguns barked again angrier. It was then that Bushy-anus stammered " i-i-i-saw Bo-bo-bo-born2-fu-Bleep steal it from the pot in the kitchen, papa ". Born2fuck was noted from stealing meat from the pot and even sometimes went to neighbours' kitchen to steal meat. Bunmioguns gave his son Born2fuck a hot slap immediately, which caused Born2fuck throw out the meat he was eating. The evening's joy of eating goat soup was marred by the incident at the table and there was extreme silence and sadness in the house.

Early next morning, the town-crier Lefulefu beat his gong-gong. The message was that, the village's fetish priest Okija juju was reporting of his missing goat, and that anyone that knows about the theft should go to his shrine immediately else disaster would visit them. Lefulefu added that, even those that tasted the soup of the said goat, including those that even smelt the aroma risked disastrous consequences if they didnt go to the shrine as early as possible to confess. Just sfter the town-crier left, 190 ran to his father, knelt before him and cried " papa, it's me, i stole the goat, it's me ". Bunmioguns out of shock had to use the toilet immediately. It was a village pit-latrine patronized by all the villagers. Since it was still early in the day, he carried his lamp. The moment he entered the toilet, he saw a snake so he took to his heels. He came back home, and left with 190 to Okija juju's shrine. There 190 confessed he came to steal the goat from the shrine the day before. Okija juju was angry.
[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 10:27am On Jul 07, 2013
[b]After pleas and Pleas and pleas, Okija juju finally agreed to pardon the Bunmiogun family, only on one condition. " Please what is the condition, tell me i am ready for anything " Bunmioguns requested in tears. Okija finally sad he would only pardon the Bunmioguns family only after his second wife booqee had spent three nights with him, to appease the gods. It was a tough one, but Bunmioguns had no options, his hands were tied as he risked loosing his entire family since Okija juju was renowned in the village for killing people that offended him. One of such persons was studiocfr who was struck with madness last year after publicly insulting Okija juju.
Upon agreeing to bring booqee to atone for the family's sins, Bunmioguns passed by chief CFCfan's yam farm to ease himself, as he wouldnt dare go back to the public toilet. After easing himself in the chief's farm, he headed straight to el guapo's house. El guapo was Bunmioguns best friend in KetewPomponi and was renowned for his drunkenness. El guapo always represented KetewPomponi in the annual inter-village drinking contest, and had won the title for nine consecutive years. He was however yet to marry though he was in his mid-forties. Right from guapo's house, the entered Onila's popular village bar

" that boy called 190 took after his mother's father, a useless thief!" Bunmioguns who had at this point gulped down two calabashes of palmwine said slowly.
" wetin he do?" Guapo asked
" can you imagine, that this my son 190, had the guts to go and steal from the dreaded Okija shrine?" Bunmioguns replied
" chinekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!, that boy must be cursed. stealing from the great Okija shine?" Guapo added
" I am finished. That boy has been spoilt by his mother, ebony, he doesnt heed to my advice at all" Bunmioguns said
The two friends drank and conversed and drank and conversed till sunset when they left. Before Onila got to their table, they were already gone. " so these useless man have absconded today too without paying?" Onila barked to herself

Soon, it was morning and Bunmioguns with his second wife Booqee were before the Okija shrine. He presented his wife booqee to Okija juju and left feeling very sad and bitter. Suddenly, he had a thought of committing suicide because of the misfortune that had befallen him. He was however thinking about the options involved in committing suicide. " knife?, gun?, rope? poison?.." he kept wondering. Then he resolved to die by hanging himself. He sent his son Lagusta to go and buy him a rope. Lagusta brought the rope and asked his father what he was using the rope for, " going to buy another goat, thief" bunmioguns replied angrily. He took the rope,a cutlass, a gourd of palmwine and headed for the farm[/b]

1 Like

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2013
[b]Soon, Bunmioguns got to his farm. He located a big tree o climbed it to tie the rope. After he tied the rope, he came down to take his last sip of palmwine. He climbed the tree again, stood on a branch and tied the rope round his neck. All that was left was to jump downwards. Just as he was about to do it, he spotted a very big injured grasscutter ran to hide in some weeds on his farm, apparently being pursued by hunters. When he realised this, he untied the rope from his neck and descended down, picked his cutlass and went to the grasscutter's hiding spot. Just as he was about to strike his cutlass, he saw four boys holding cutlasses and guns apparently were chasing the grasscutter. These boys were mynd44, enegod, Dani1luv and Jarus. " what do you want from my farm?" Bunmioguns questioned the mean looking boys, " we are looking for our grasscutter," they replied in one accord
" your grasscutter? " bunmioguns quizzed further , " yes, we have chased it all the way from Bintu, have you seen it?" Mynd44 asked Bunmioguns. " me? grasscutter? never, i havent" bunmioguns replied. The four boys who had ran all the way from bintu after a grasscutter, walked away in disappointments. Bunmioguns struck dead the already weak grasscutter and left with it to guapo's house. He didnt like to take it home because his many many children and wives would eat some.

In Guapo's house, they prepared the grasscuter, roasted it and with palmwine and Akpeteshie, they ate everything. Guapo then brought out his draught which they played till sunset when Bunmioguns went home. He got home very drunk and tired, so missed way and rather entered his daughter Bigvajina's room, thinking he was entering his wife freecocoa's room. That night, unknowingly to him, he made love to his daughter seven times before daybreak. When he realised at daybreak he had been making love to his own daughter, he felt very sad. " Big, what happened last night?" he asked his daughter " Papa, you came into my room and told me i am your wife" Bigvajina replied " and what happened", " Papa you asked me to open my legs for you, then i saw you moving to and fro on me " Bigvajina answered. Bunmioguns left his daughter's room looking very disappointed.[/b]
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nickydrake(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2013
The family often sat round a big table and ate together from one big bowl." where is the goat's
genitals?" Bunmioguns who loved that part with passion asked the
women who prepared the meal,
and there was silence round the
table. "I ask again, where is the
goat's kpekus?"
Bunmioguns
barked again angrier.

El guapo was Bunmioguns best friend in KetewPomponi and
was renowned for his
drunkenness. El guapo always
represented KetewPomponi in the
annual inter-village drinking
contest, and had won the title for nine consecutive years. He was
however yet to marry though he
was in his mid-forties.

Which kine wahala be this? grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2013
Soon three days were over and booqee had been finally released by the Okija shrine. She was limping to the house with blood oozing pass her legs. The moment Bunmioguns saw her, he hugged her and asked " how many?", Booqee replied " fifty-five a day" still crying. Bunmioguns fainted immediately after hearing this.They poured several barrels of water on him until he regained his consciousness.

Meanwhile, back in the chief's palace, tensions were so high as the chief's mother idowuogbo had brought a second wife to her son CFCfan. Ogugua was a beauty in her early twenties and immediately won CFC's heart. There were constant verbal quarrels between Hollandis the first wife and Ogugua who was always making insinuations at her senior in marriage. One time, Hollandis had prepared CFC's favourite meal when Ogugua secretly went to pour excess salt in the meal.After the chief ate the meal, he officially banned Hollandis from cooking in the palace again

4 Likes

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
This guy..You be original kolo mental grin. Nice job..
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by dubem3(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ok bin, am with you on this...
Although that does not include when sexkillz comes after you with his cutlass nor when the duo of Idowuogbo and freecocoa will visit you with heart shattering words.

Your madness knows no bounds... ride on please

1 Like

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by AbdH: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Interesting read...
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by albacete(m): 1:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
ok bin, let's see how it will go. Hope u won't mention Seun/Mukina's name?
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
albacete: ok bin, let's see how it will go. Hope u won't mention Seun/Mukina's name?

they are surely there grin[i][/i]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by albacete(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
bin gbagbo:

they are surely there grin[i][/i]
Interesting!
so Seun will be a palm wine tapper and mukina will be ...........

Oga Seun, na joke ooo. No ban ur boy oo.
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
albacete:
Interesting!
so Seun will be a palm wine tapper and mukina will be ...........

Oga Seun, na joke ooo. No ban ur boy oo.

grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Pdizzle(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
interesting, bookmarked
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by rozayx5(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
following grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
rozayx5: following grin

aiiight grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by luvmijeje(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Orisirisi and shockingly, I enjoyed the story.
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by psky: 2:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Wondering what maclatunji will be. grin grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Following..

1 Like

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by freecocoa(f): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Yeye OP.
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by fitzmayowa: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
following grin

1 Like

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
freecocoa: Yeye OP.

bush pig grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Brimmie(m): 3:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
If you need a character as the village hunter, pls use Ikenna51

grin grin Still laughing at the "Goat' Kpekus"

Gbagbo Ti Kolo!! grin grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by freecocoa(f): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
bin gbagbo:

bush pig grin
shey you know you are crazy?grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Brimmie: If you need a character as the village hunter, pls use [b]Ikenna51
[/b]
grin grin Still laughing at the "Goat' Kpekus"

Gbagbo Ti Kolo!! grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1350135/barter-trade-fiction-nairaland-characters#16672203 grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by bingbagbo(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
freecocoa: shey you know you are crazy?grin

yeb, i know we are grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Comic relief cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by BIGVAJINA(f): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
bin you craze finish grin
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by lolaluv1(f): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lol! This is freaking funny...
grincheesy
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by BIGVAJINA(f): 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Jessssoooooos! BigVagina is actually a Moniker on NL....*dies*

you are warned angry
Re: BARTER TRADE ( Fiction With Nairaland Characters) by boron10(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
You have to include members of Association of Ghanaian Warriors AGW ( Otumfour being the president, Petrodolla secretary, Abriantie, and fuelish) in this your write-up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo / "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / Amaka The Lesbian 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.