Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,596 members, 7,854,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:50 PM

Girls And Proposals - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls And Proposals (776 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals / Some Girls And Their Armpit Hairs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls And Proposals by mcdreeezy: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
One of the main reasons of relationships is to find a soul mate/partner with whom we'll spend the rest of our lives with. Anyone who's matured and in a r/ship can concur with me that at a point in time, marriage is the next step after all the months/years of courtship. Its usually the man that's xpected to go down on his knees, brings the ring out and say those words- "Will u marry me?". And the lady goes like "OMG!!! Baby, I cant believe this, yes I'll marry u". And they hug and kiss and blah blah blah. But my question now is, are girls really surprised and swept off their feet when the guy proposes? Is it that they never expected it or what? Cuz I think most of them fake the whole "surprise" stuff. Reasonable contributions please
Re: Girls And Proposals by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
mcdreeezy: But my question now is, are girls really surprised and swept off their feet when the guy proposes? Is it that they never expected it or what? Cuz I think most of them fake the whole "surprise" stuff. Reasonable contributions please
blame the western culture.. too much holly-wood movies.. my mama no suprise when my papa wan marry am in the 60's
Re: Girls And Proposals by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
You think say to get proposed to na beans?
Re: Girls And Proposals by Enegod(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
ibkaye: You think say to get proposed to na beans?
Re: Girls And Proposals by G12(m): 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
I think the surprise comes from the long awaited/unexpected "will you marry me". Dating someone not knowing if he will ever ask you to marry him even if you wish to, or not knowing when he is ever going to pop the question and all of a sudden, there it goes pop "will you marry me?" is worth it. #just my opinion
Re: Girls And Proposals by mchileks4luv(f): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
If M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ friend that am in a relationship with №Ψ,proposed 2 ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ now,i won't b so surprise,on that day of proposal immediatly he said will Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ mary ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥?i will slap him and tell him what have Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ bing waiting 4,since it took Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ time 2 propose it will also take ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ time 2 say i do.bt don't 4get i will colect de ring frm so dat he won't Ğø̲̣̣ give it 2 anoder lady.
Re: Girls And Proposals by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
1. Too much of influence of western culture (some people copy hollywood scenes).
2. Suprise from the unexpected proposal. Expecially if the guy stage the day well.
Re: Girls And Proposals by Bibol(f): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
IMO, i think lots of ladies overdo it. Its okay to be happy when a man pops the question, especially if you have been dating for a long time, but most nigerian men don't just propose to ladies they are not sure will say YES. The look of suprise can be justified if the man really pulled a stunt before proposing, but if it was done in a plain and predictable manner, then i'll find it hard to believe suprised look. I 'm talking from the examples i have seen though.
Re: Girls And Proposals by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Many women are actually surprised because they don't expect the proposal to happen at that particular time.
Re: Girls And Proposals by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Yield: Many women are actually surprised because they don't expect the proposal to happen at that particular time.

Hmmmm.. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Improved Sex Life. / He Has 3 Wives Already, And He Still Wants Me! What Should I Do? / Who Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.