Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) (10586 Views)

"Tambuwal Na Nonsense"; Nigerian Presidency Takes Another Swipe At APC Leaders / Things You Must Know About The Nigerian Presidency / Nigerian Presidency And Turn-by-turn Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
If you were goodluck jonathan the president of the federal republic of nigeria. You will also be dancing considering all that is associated with your office. I've gone through a lot of stress to put together the perks our president enjoys at our expense.

SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES.
Officially the president of nigeria earns 3,514,705 million naira. While the state house has a budget of 18.3 billion naira.
Salary:3,514,705
closet and material supply:477 million.
Refreshment and meals:293 million.
Official trips: 1.7 billion
office running and stationaries: 1.3 billion.
Drugs and medicals: 314 million
teaching and instructional materials: 11 million.

RESIDENCES
the nigerian president has two official homes and a few unofficial once. The most famous and foremost is the aso rock presidential villa. Which is a massive white mansion located at the three arm zone in the capital city of abuja. The mansion is also the office of the president and also living quaters. The mansion features elaborately decorated state rooms used to welcome foreign heads of state, the federal executive council chamber, a beautifull garden with a magnificent view of zuma rock, a bunker, a chapel, a press center, banquet hall and many more. The mansion has been very private over the years so not much is know about it by nigerians.

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
so, u re tryna say Nigerian President easily got frenzy with State House luxury !!!

Hell no , I think it is the maximum power concentrated in the hands of the president,if we should put in place Fiscal Federalism, some Governor will live in more affluence than the president and it seems the central government is scared of the consequence of such on Nigeria !!!
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Maxymilliano(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Symphony007:
SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES.
Officially the president of nigeria earns 3,514,705 million naira. While the state house has a budget of 18.3 billion naira.
Salary:3,514,705
closet and material supply:477 million.
Refreshment and meals:293 million.
Official trips: 1.7 billion
office running and stationaries: 1.3 billion.
Drugs and medicals: 314 million
teaching and instructional materials: 11 million.

Guess this is what is approved by RMAFAC since you claimed it's official ...
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
CARS
the nigerian president is driven around in a mercedes benz s-class. It is custom made, bulletproof and bears the seal of the president as the linscence plate. It has the nigerian flag on the right and the flag of the commander in chief on the left. The car is driven in a motorcade of 30 cars which includes 10 police escote bikes and a fully equiped ambulance. The presidential car is driven within a chain of 6 identical s-class full of sss agents. This is done to sheild the car from any attack and make it virtually invisible in transist. The car is driven by an experience sss agent. There are road blocks alone the routh of the presidential motorcade will take and alternative rouths are planned incase of an attack.

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
JETS
the nigerian presidency operate a total of 8 jets but the flagship carrier is the "EAGLE ONE". Eagle one is a boeing 737 buisness jet and is marked NAF-001. The words "NIGERIAN AIRFORCE" are tagged on the top and the seal of the nigerian president is embossed on the tail. The plane is painted green and white, the colours of the nigerian flag. The plane seats between 25 to 50 passengers in luxurious fashion, it includes a master bedroom, a washroom with shower, a conference/dinning area and living area. Other jets in the presidential fleet include, a gulfstream v-sp, a gulfstream 550, two falcon 7xs, a DO228-200,two falcon 900s.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
STATE HOUSE,MARINA.
The state house in marina is a british style built mansion in lagos marina. The mansion has served as home to nigerian leaders since tafawa balewa. Though some military heads of state preffer to stay at dodan barracks. It remained the venue where foreign heads of state were recieved. Today the house is the lagos home of the nigerian president, pres. Obasanjo and yar adua hardly used it but pres. Jonathan and his wife appear to have fallen in love with the home. Visiting regularly and enjoying it's beautifull gardens and other aminities. First lady patience jonathan was resident in the marina state house when the dana plane crash happened.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
PRESIDENTIAL COTTAGES(obudu cattle ranch)
since assuming office. President jonathan and his wife have shown great love for the obudu cattle ranch in cross rivers state. Due to their regular visits and conferences they hold there, special cottages on the ranch have been preserved for the presidency. Though this has never been confirmed by the presidency. Sources say it is now one of pres. Jonathan's holiday and weekend hangouts.

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
HELICOPTERS
the nigerian presidency runs a total of three A139 choppers. They are used by the president when taking short trips or visiting unmotorable areas also to save time and limit traffic disruptions associated with motorcades. President jonathan unlike his predessesors has really favoured this means of transport, using this means amny times. The choppers are maintained by the nigerian airforce.

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by homesteady(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Boy oh boy!! No wonder some people think that the president office is their birthright!!

BTW!! I really want to see that Aso rock oh!!
Is it very fine?? Very big?? Very everything??

Jona office is fine oh!! It is finer than Obama's office sef!!
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by idumuose(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
This is very very very very interesting.Now
I know why obj was plotting a third term.Now
I know why Yar'adua refused to transmit power
To gej and subsequently died in office.No
Wonder Amaechi is so obsessed with power at the
Centre.Buhari has never lived in aso rock so
He too wants to have a taste of the pudding.And
who told Ɣ☺u gej is not returning as President?
Eight private jets,30 motorcade,#1.2b for
junketing the globe,maximum security,etc yet these
Presidents cannot perform well in office.
Our military heads of states of those days tried.
Imagine if Dodan Baracks were to be Jonathan's
official residence.Dodan barracks in obalende is
Devoid of opulence and cosy environment.May God help
us.

2 Likes

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
homesteady: Boy oh boy!! No wonder some people think that the president office is their birthright!!

Aso rock is not a particular building. I don't think there is a building called aso rock. Aso rock is more or less a couple of mansions(estate) and not a building you can point at in particular. Infact ordinary nigerians live within aso rock.

The symbol of Aso rock, is council chambers. council chambers shown multiple times in the news( nta and ait). The building nta state house correspondent usually gives the news in front of, that's council chambers. It's not a spectacular building.

* a part of council chambers is pictured above.

The vice-president's home is aguda house. All located inside aso villa estate.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
You're right. Aso rock villa is a sprawling area. Infact according to abuja's plan, aso rock villa is an illegal structure. Aguda house was suppose to be the presidential residence but was taught to be unsafe. So it was used as a guest house for foreign visitors. Queen elizabeth ii stayed there when she came to nigeria for the 2003 commonwealth summit in abuja. But now it's the official residence of the vice president.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Danhumprey: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hmmmmm. Interesting. I have a dream that one day,I would be the president of this country and enjoying all the posh that comes with the office. Don't tell me I am dreaming. cheesy
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by homesteady(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
^^^
Okay!! Thanks for the Info!!
but why is the president house a top secret?? Is it because of security issues??
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by mensdept: 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
We are a nation that just wants to copy other people, yet are not willing to copy their sacrifices in nation building.

Why would a Nigerian president need helicopter? Because we have watched on CNN over the years the American guys cruising on their heli-toys and looking fly. Yet those presidents vigorously campaign for the peoples vote, create jobs, have their peoples interest at heart, bomb other countries that threaten the loot for their unborn kids, provide security for their people, and together with their assembly, abolish/discourage useless things like a national police, their judges wearing wigs like fools, and so on and so forth.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Symphony007: JETS
the nigerian presidency operate a total of 8 jets but the flagship carrier is the "EAGLE ONE". Eagle one is a boeing 737 buisness jet and is marked NAF-001. The words "NIGERIAN AIRFORCE" are tagged on the top and the seal of the nigerian president is embossed on the tail. The plane is painted green and white, the colours of the nigerian flag. The plane seats between 25 to 50 passengers in luxurious fashion, it includes a master bedroom, a washroom with shower, a conference/dinning area and living area. Other jets in the presidential fleet include, a gulfstream v-sp, a gulfstream 550, two falcon 7xs, a DO228-200,two falcon 900s.

I still don't get the rationale for EIGHT presidential jets. I just don't get it.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by 3kay945(m): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
No wonder, they all aimed to die there.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
HNosegbe:

I still don't get the rationale for EIGHT presidential jets. I just don't get it.

The eight presidential jets are not all for the presidents use alone.

Apart from "eagle one" which is the official presidential jet and a dasult falcon x, the other jets are used by the vice president, senate president, house of reps speaker and the service chiefs.

So in the true sense, the president uses only 2 jets of the 8 in service. While the use of the other 6 are as follows:

*The presidency, which in this case includes the vice-president, senate president and house of reps speaker.

*The service chiefs( chief of defence staff, chief of army staff, chief of air staff, chief of naval staff, IGP police and DG SSS) only on official assignment

*The 3 ministers of foreign affairs also use jets from the presidential fleet.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by dasparrow: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
HNosegbe:

Me neither. This outlandish spending is why we keep borrowing money from China.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by HezronLorraine(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
There's almost no difference with the american style.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
homesteady: ^^^
Okay!! Thanks for the Info!!
but why is the president house a top secret?? Is it because of security issues??
i guess it the nigerian secret service choose to keep it secret because people's inability to know how the place is makes it more easier for them to protect it. But i hope it changes soon. Nigerian kids should be able to go on a tour of their president's house. The sss have to improve. The white house is the most secured building in the world but i can google it's floor plan.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
Henry120:

The eight presidential jets are not all for the presidents use alone.

Apart from "eagle one" which is the official presidential jet and a dasult falcon x, the other jets are used by the vice president, senate president, house of reps speaker and the service chiefs.

So in the true sense, the president uses only 2 jets of the 8 in service. While the use of the other 6 are as follows:

*The presidency, which in this case includes the vice-president, senate president and house of reps speaker.

*The service chiefs( chief of defence staff, chief of army staff, chief of air staff, chief of naval staff, IGP police and DG SSS) only on official assignment

*The 3 ministers of foreign affairs also use jets from the presidential fleet.
the senate president and house speaker use the president's planes under extraordinary circumstances. Security chiefs use military jets. Only the vice president uses some of the president's plane. Also eagle one is used mainly for foreign visits. When travelling within the country, the president uses a gulfstream or falcon.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: There's almost no difference with the american style.
you're partially correct. The u.s president uses a 30 cars motorcade like jonathan but his limosine is far more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by AbuMikey(m): 12:16am On Jul 08, 2013
So this is it??
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2013
The Boeing Business Jet has a significantly enlarged fuselage, to enable it fly trans continental flights.
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by fiscalcliff: 4:03am On Jul 08, 2013
NIGERIA - An extremely rich country which improvises many of her citizens cool
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2013
O boy!!!!my ambition is becoming a doctor but checking out these benefits accrue to being a president of Nigeria has just made me change my mind to be one someday.....Is there any university one study presidency as a course because I don't wanna go through the election thing.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 7:18am On Jul 08, 2013
Flying in from bayelsa,Pres. Goodluck jonathan greets gov. Ameachi of rivers state at the port harcourt airport as he departs the presidential helicopter for a short walk accross the runway to his waiting presidential jet.

1 Like

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2013
Pres. Jonathan is saluted by officers of the royal mounted canadian police as he steps off "EAGLE ONE" in ottawa. Canada.

Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by naptu2: 7:25am On Jul 08, 2013
homesteady: Boy oh boy!! No wonder some people think that the president office is their birthright!!

You'll see lots and lots and lots of pictures, descriptions, etc of the Aso Rock Villa, State House Marina, State House Ribadu Road (aka Dodan Barracks), etc on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy
Re: Perks Of The Nigerian Presidency.(must See) by Symphony007: 7:35am On Jul 08, 2013
Pres. Jonathan host mikel obi in one of the aso rock villa state rooms.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR / EFCC Summons Eight SANs / 2019: Iwuanyanwu, Ihedioha Declare Support For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.