Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem (14185 Views)

Rav4 2007 V6 Transmission Problem / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Murano Transmission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
When I had problems with my '13 pin' (U151E) the Waziris sang the 10 pin song. I just don't understand how they expect me to replace a five speed with a four speed. What happens to the selection matrix mapped in the ECU?

Dumb mechos everywhere! angry

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
well, I bought 13 pin module automatic gear, i actually towed the vehicle down to Ladipo auto mart and there i got it fixed with total cost like 600k including technicians labour fee, oil, parking lot fee etc. dont try the 10 pin, you wont like it.
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by vazsily(m): 7:21am On Jan 14, 2016
Am having similar issue with my highlander 07. Change d engine because d engine oil dried out. Now am at a cross road because d car won't move. My mechanic also think i should change 2 10 pin wch is a 100k compared 2 d 350k 4 d 13pin
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 7:35am On Jan 14, 2016
vazsily:
Am having similar issue with my highlander 07. Change d engine because d engine oil dried out. Now am at a cross road because d car won't move. My mechanic also think i should change 2 10 pin wch is a 100k compared 2 d 350k 4 d 13pin

Transmission working before engine replacement?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 10, 2016
vazsily:

My 2 cent, dont try it, 10pin . I have done it and it failed. The mechanics , almost all of them will encourage you to do 10 pin module but you wont like it. The operation of the gear will be affected and they will now be telling you how to just manage with it. You will sell car off so soon because it wont be the same again. Do your research and go to Ladipo market, Look for where they are selling the gear, especially where they have many on ground. Tell them you want to buy gear and have it fix there. They will arrange their own mechanic who will do the work. If you have the luxury get a trusted mechanic from your side to follow you down to verify or authenticate the gear performance, with agreement to pay him for his service. And with prayer sha you will sort it out. Never buy the gear to go and fix on your own .
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by ebrahym(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
Please..... I have similar issue, can you give me your number so we can talk on phone... 08028162220
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Amenaghwon: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2016
I know a technician who can very well fix the transmission, he's at alagbado and he even repaired my u660E transmission for my v6 2010 toyota camry and its been running perfectly for over 8months now without any issues.
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Post this problem on www.autosolutions.com we have capable engineers on board to help solve this issue
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by cydovautocentre: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
Mr.Lomomike, since your vehicle is 13 pin there's no need changing it to 10 pin, if you can bring it to our company at cydov engineering company,we will do a proper troubleshooting and make sure the vehicle is in good condition. contact: 08060624252, 09097066419
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by acube001: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hi @kashif, my 2007 highlander 4wd makes a bad when changing from park to reverse, pls what could be the problem? The tranny and engine mounts are fine.

Kashif:
When I had problems with my '13 pin' (U151E) the Waziris sang the 10 pin song. I just don't understand how they expect me to replace a five speed with a four speed. What happens to the selection matrix mapped in the ECU?

Dumb mechos everywhere! angry
Re: Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 5:58am On Dec 10, 2020
acube001:
Hi @kashif, my 2007 highlander 4wd makes a bad when changing from park to reverse, pls what could be the problem? The tranny and engine mounts are fine.

Message not understood

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blown Head Gasket: Detailed Explanation / All U Need To Know About OBD3 / Difference Btw Benz CLK,AMG,KOMPRESSOR ETC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.