Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Murano Transmission Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Murano Transmission Problem (17479 Views)

Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Nissan Murano 2003 Transmission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2010
Theres so much talk about the CVT and Transfer case going wrong and giving
problems to Murano owners especially on the earlier models. Do we have anyone
on NL who wants to share their experiences here?
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by hbid: 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2010
I own and drive a Murano and my experience so far is that many Lagos mechanics dont know the difference between CVT and ATF.
The CVT of the Murano requires frequent checks and top ups (like once in 4months) with the right CVT gear fluid, last time I was at a mechanic workshop, they nearly poured ATF fluid into my gear, I was only lucky to be around. They were suprised when I told them it used CVT not ATF and claimed I wouldnt be able to get the CVT fluid anywhere. Like they said, the CVT fluid is only available in very very few places,
I have a couple of friends who use the Murano and what I have noticed is that all those who service their cars at the Nissan workshop have never ever had any complaints about the performance of their vehicles.
I hope this helps,

7 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by chelseabmw(m): 11:55pm On Sep 07, 2010
hbid:

I own and drive a Murano and my experience so far is that many Lagos mechanics dont know the difference between CVT and ATF.
The CVT of the Murano requires frequent checks and top ups (like once in 4months) with the right CVT gear fluid, last time I was at a mechanic workshop, they nearly poured ATF fluid into my gear, I was only lucky to be around. They were suprised when I told them it used CVT not ATF and claimed I wouldnt be able to get the CVT fluid anywhere. Like they said, the CVT fluid is only available in very very few places,
I have a couple of friends who use the Murano and what I have noticed is that all those who service their cars at the Nissan workshop have never ever had any complaints about the performance of their vehicles.[/b]I hope this helps,

[b]100% true

6 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Denn(m): 12:31am On Sep 08, 2010
please check this website for pros and cons of CVT

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cvt-transmission-pros-and-cons.html

dont rely on your local mechanic's judgement. meet trained technicians.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2010
Where is Nissan Workshop located?
chelseabmw:

100% true
hbid:

I have a couple of friends who use the Murano and [b]what I have noticed is that all those who service their cars at the Nissan workshop have never ever had any complaints about the performance of their vehicles.[/b]I hope this helps,
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by hbid: 12:53am On Sep 08, 2010
There is a Nissan Workshop at Karimu Kotun, VI.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by KunleA2(m): 6:04am On Sep 08, 2010
hbid:

I have a couple of friends who use the Murano and what I have noticed is that all those who service their cars at the Nissan workshop have never ever had any complaints about the performance of their vehicles.
I hope this helps,

hbid:

There is a Nissan Workshop at Karimu Kotun, VI.

How much are you paying for the for the CVT fluid? Where can it be bought in Lagos.

Do you have the address and phone number for the Nissan workshop?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by nex(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2010
@Promise

Please avoid that Nissan Service Centre (alliance autos). The only difference between them and the roadside mechanics is that they're never afraid to add one or two more zeros to the end of their bill. They even admit that they themselves avoid importing some models of Nissan through their dealership arm because they can't fix them. They even read some of the problem codes from the diagnostics device all wrong.

The best you can do acquire genuine spare parts and change oil. Outside that, there's nothing else they know.

January 2009, they charged my inlaw more than N900K to fix his Nissan Maxima and after 1 month, the problem wasn't solved.

I say, we took that same car back to Benin, got the Service Manual, and fixed it with our own hands at a cost less than 10,000. A simple problem with the EGR valve.

Anyway, if you really want to open a fixed deposit account with Alliance Autos : Plot 1090 Adeola Odeku street, V.I, Lagos. 01 4627888-9.

Good luck bro.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by hbid: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2010
The Nissan workshop is at Karimu Kotun, not Adeola Odeku. I didnt mean Alliance Motors, there is another good place at Karimu Kotun.
You can get the CVT Fluid at the Nissan workshop for about 34,000 naira(4litres).
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by hbid: 12:05am On Sep 09, 2010
Sun Motors
Distributor of Nissan Car
Address: 17A, Karimu kotun Street Victoria Island Lagos.
Phone: +234 1 4618860 +234 1 4618860 +234 1 4618860 +234 1 4618860 4618891, 4618892, 4618893, 4618894
E-mail: nissan@sungroupe.com

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2010
I just got a Murano too and so far i have noticed with awe the dangers our ignorant mechanics pose to serious safety
issues on vehicles generally and particularly on the not so common ones like the vehicle in question. Even one Mechanic
at a Nissan outlet recommended the ATF but rescinded on his choice upon my protest, saying that it was ultimately the owner's
choice afterall. I later settled for the Alliance Autos place at Adeola Odeku where i actually saw the Nissan CVT original oil although
all i did on my visit on that occasion was a routine change of oil and oil filter.

Please check frequently for oil leak at the underside of your engine and any sympton of such could assist you in getting a timely cure.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2010
How much are you paying for the for the CVT fluid? Where can it be bought in Lagos.

Do you have the address and phone number for the Nissan workshop?

Thanks

@Kunle-A
send me a mail if you want some more information on the scene here.
How you dey?

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by foster2009: 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2010
sandee575, pls I have a 2004 murano and people have really scared the wits out of me about it but your post is a relief. Pls how much did you find the CVT fluid at Alliance Autos? I'll appreciate your quick response pls. My e-mail address is adebayo_nthny@yahoo.com. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 1:12am On Sep 10, 2010
Re: Murano Transmission Problem
« #12 on: Yesterday at 05:58:04 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sandee575,  pls I have a 2004 murano and people have really scared the wits out of me about it but your post is a relief. Pls how much did you find the CVT fluid at Alliance Autos? I'll appreciate your quick response pls. My e-mail address is adebayo_nthny@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I didnt inquire about the price of it , perhaps because of my relief at seeing that having the genuinel product was feasible. Mine is a 2004 as well. Are you thinking of an oil change? Why do you want to change the oil? I love the Murano and i want us to keep our communication here for the benefit of others. Is yours
the AWD? That is reputed to have more transmission issues than the 2 wheel drive. Again, i have the AWD version but im up to the task. Love is blind, they say.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2010
@foster2009,

price of CVT at Alliance is 8500 naira per litre.
Genuine NISSAN issue.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by foster2009: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2010
@sandee575,

Thanks so much my brother. This information you are offering is worth more than a million dollars. My own too is AWD. I really want to change the gear oil because its not been changed in about two years of use. Infact recent discussions have done more to discourage me from driving the car in the past one week though it has not given me any problem since Ive bn using it. Ive only bn changing engine oil and the oil filter. I'll appreciate more info from you. I must confess that the car drives great and commands attention though. I luv the murano.

5 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
@foster2009,

Check this site for enlightening stuff from Murano enthusiasts.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/index.php

How long have you had yours and where have you been doing your
oil and filter change?
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by ivoryhouse(m): 10:28am On Mar 03, 2013
Weldon guys, I believe that if every car owner had his own auto scanner (from $15 - amazon.com), those road side mechanics would not be ruining good cars. Also google your car and find out problems it is prone to have and find out how to solve such problems. Go to car forums like this one and ask questions about your, all these will help you preserve your car and enjoy it more.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by pstugoogbonna: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2015
Pls my mechanic just finished working on my 2003 murano, and after the fixing he got ATF oil and poured on the gear box, after which my car will start but will not move at all pls what do I do? Pls. Somebody help. 08038217931
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by jodeci(m): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
pstugoogbonna:
Pls my mechanic just finished working on my 2003 murano, and after the fixing he got ATF oil and poured on the gear box, after which my car will start but will not move at all pls what do I do? Pls. Somebody help. 08038217931

You are in for a big shiit, With all the info on CVT u still allowed ur quack mech to pour ATF into ur gear box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 16, 2015
pstugoogbonna:

Go buy new gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 10:03am On Feb 16, 2015
lomomike:

Go buy new gearbox.

As in, brand new gearbox?
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 16, 2015
Kashif:

As in, brand new gearbox?

Weda toks or new anyone he can lay his hand one as long as it works perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Kashif(m): 11:55am On Feb 16, 2015
Used is more like it. Not sure he will be willing to part with 650k to buy a new one. Issues with that CVT........

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by jodeci(m): 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
Kashif:
Used is more like it. Not sure he will be willing to part with 650k to buy a new one. Issues with that CVT........

No issues with CVT,the issues are rather with the owners who will not respect the manufacturers recommendations,stinginess is more like it.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by feekman(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2015
It's 15k quote author=sandee575 post=6710441]Theres so much talk about the CVT and Transfer case going wrong and giving
problems to Murano owners especially on the earlier models. Do we have anyone
on NL who wants to share their experiences here?
[/quote]

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by feekman(m): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Its 15k
foster2009:
sandee575, pls I have a 2004 murano and people have really scared the wits out of me about it but your post is a relief. Pls how much did you find the CVT fluid at Alliance Autos? I'll appreciate your quick response pls. My e-mail address is adebayo_nthny@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by feekman(m): 10:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Have been using murano 2004 model since 2009 nd I don't hv any gearbox problem. Once u change ur radiator the gear oil will comes out nd d gear oil will b low, don't allow or listen to ur mechanic to say, It doesn't mean anything or u can top it with 600naira ATF . You are killing ur gearbox. Just get d CVT NS-2 it's 15k.....thanks.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by bysolaro: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
@feekman

Please, where did you buy it for 15k and how many litres?

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by feekman(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
In ibadan just buy d 1 or 2gallon it's depend on how low d gearbox oil is, but if u feel lik flushing it out go for d 2 gallon which is 8 litres
bysolaro:
@feekman

Please, where did you buy it for 15k and how many litres?

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by eaglechild: 7:33am On Sep 08, 2015
feekman:
Have been using murano 2004 model since 2009 nd I don't hv any gearbox problem. Once u change ur radiator the gear oil will comes out nd d gear oil will b low, don't allow or listen to ur mechanic to say, It doesn't mean anything or u can top it with 600naira ATF . You are killing ur gearbox. Just get d CVT NS-2 it's 15k.....thanks.
That's encouraging.

Each time I read murano reviews online from experts, it always gets a high reliability rating.

However, here in Nigeria the story changes, now I know the reason.

Imagine someone pouring seahorse into a murano and then turning around to accuse the poor thing.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Colann(m): 12:46am On Oct 15, 2018
Hi all, I'm on this thread because I'm just considering buying a Murano, your comments are helpful but please does anyone has any further advise for me regarding my choice of buying one?
Thanks all

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / love-vendor-My-Ride In Nigeria / Chinese Volvo Owner, Geely, Becomes Largest Shareholder In Mercedes-benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.