Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. (49144 Views)

Treat Chronic Mouth And Body Odour Here!! / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by canalily(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls tell us that you are the one nd nt ur fiance. U shuld brush ur orbit all round b4 nd afta meal twice daily nd us mouth wash of ur chioce after meal. Take some antibiotics to wash ur throat. And minimize kissing anybody u see.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Grind a ceramic plate (small portion) until its in a powdered form tell him to brush his teeth with it , mix hydrogen(for washing wounds).. If it doesn't work, no be my mum c born me kiss

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by samilo88(m): 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lick two small balls of camfour..one in d morning and one at night..
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by yuzedo: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
jackbauersballs: He has used his throat to do money ritual

He will be rich but his breath will stink forever...like Chief Sweetus Oyoyo Yuzedo grin grin

Or is he the one? undecided
Impossible! My breath smells like strawberry & peaches every time, even when i just wake up after a beer binge! grin cool
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
deeptesting: SCHUBBS DENTAL CLINICS (5 Douala Road
Apapa, Lagos,).... The problem will be taking care of at minimal cost.

Hmmmm. So doctors are now advertising? MDCN pls take note.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by exempt09(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
I rec 'bitter leaf n 'efinrin' leaf, squeeze both n add lil water. Take a cup once for 3 dayz. Mostly mouth odour is from d inside d body n not mouth per ser.

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mouth odour needs no chemical to clean up.You only need to know that sometimes if the person in question has some infections he need to treat it first.Next is to know how to brush the teeth.Some brush the tooth without brushing the tongue with same toothpaste and brush.

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by padron4(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
He should brush his toungue very well

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by MostHigh: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
He should do a fast for 1 week.

This will allow him expell all the undigested decomposing matter in his colon okra is a good colon cleaner he can have this as soup to break the fast daily it will assist with the expulsion process

He should drink lots of water over this period as well

He should switch to a predominantly vegetable diet for at least 3 weeks compliment this with lots of water as well.

see how it goes

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by abbyrian(f): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
[s]brush regularly (atleast twice daily), use mouth wash(personally, I like listerine), use mouthspray,use hydrogen peroxide (good for whitening the teeth, dont know about odours), use hard brush; making use you brush properly (especially the tongue area)[/s]

Well... since tis CHRONIC Odour, I might not be able to help you, consult the nearest dentist to you and if dat's not affordable, u can try read up articles about it online or meet with a medical student close to his/her final (dentist to be), he/she may be of immense help. All the best. smiley
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by MostHigh: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2013

This will allow him expell all the undigested decomposing matter in his colon okra is a good colon cleaner he can have this as soup to break the fast daily it will assist with the expulsion process

He should switch to a predominantly vegetable diet for at least 3 weeks compliment this with lots of water as well.

see how it goes
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nancywealth(f): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
bionicdude: clean ur mouth with iron sponge.really easy grin

is dat wat u used to cure urs
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Fazhy: Why rush here and not visiting the nearest clinic to seek professional advice.

Who said there are no professionals here

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by pastorprosper(m): 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
tell him to eat food rich in fibre, eg, vegetables, fruits, brush twice daily, and drink at least 4 liters of water everyday. Also while brushing he shld endeavor to pay some attention to scrubing d tongue and molars and premolars.

2 Likes

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by MostHigh: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2013

see how it goes wink
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Macelliot(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
leks-gcfr:
Nairalanders, I thought you were your brother's keeper until I read silly comments of people on the predicament of this lady. What she needs is your advise and not your unwarranted comments which would take her to no place. Simply ignore if you don't know. I wait to read comments of expert on matter such as this.
Half a loaf is better than none.
You only commented to tell others who have said something more soluble than yours, that the solutions they gave are not credited. Let me classify You as a "pot that calls the kettle black."
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by dgrtt: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
As a Nature therapist i advise you to try this.
Most Importantly Plants that are very rich in chlorophyll are much more better to chew to get rid of it of which (Basil)
Occimum Basilicum is the Botanical name ,otherwise known as Effirin in Yoruba or scent leaf in English .go and buy fresh Basil Chew it very well at least everyday
Secondly :You can get Lemon Juice , better look for a fruit shop where you can buy lemon , its a bit different from lime , its bigger than lime , squeeze the liquid contents to wash your mouth daily .
Thirdly Get tea leaves , get some original Olive oil , i repeat Original olive add little sugar and then chew it .
Hope it helps

Also make sure you brush your mouth at Night before bed always.

Regards.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by trolling(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
try garlic grin
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by deeptesting(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Justosaus:

Hmmmm. So doctors are now advertising? MDCN pls take note.

You know what REFERRAL" means...... I know it is different from advertising.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by kinsbestyahoo: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
[b][/b]
Splendid7: Hello, my fiance has mouth odour. But the love I have for him is so much that mouth odour can't separate us. Pls how can I remedy this. Thanks. Pls I want this to be in the front page to get a wide range of opinions.
my dear if this is true i would suggest one funny but awful suggesttion....make use of ALUM (i.e what people use in washing snails...let him/her use it as if he/she is using a toothpaste, have a nice day my dear
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by LagosBoi2(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
i once had the problem but it's in the past now, i visited the dentist, after all the money i paid they gave some calcium(u can get that in pharm) and sensodine toothpaste, he gave me an alternative of ethymol, i then bought only ethymol toothpaste and thats the toothpast i am using until now( morning and night).

I will advise you to buy him ethymol toothpaste and a pack of pk shewing gum when he is going to have conversations because of his severe condition. He will forever be grateful

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by kinglawal85(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Splendid7: Hello, my fiance has mouth odour. But the love I have for him is so much that mouth odour can't separate us. Pls how can I remedy this. Thanks. Pls I want this to be in the front page to get a wide range of opinions.
wen him been dey lick ur toto, two ears no hear am o! Nw wey d result na mouth odour, e don turn national issue. Women eh!
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by emmyz09(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
[color=#770077][/color][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]1. pls visit a dentist 2. there are holes in his teeth 3. he needs to ALWAYS BRUSH after any form of food eaten 4. he needs to do some scaling and polishing. 5 he needs to do some extraction of decaying tooth.
i hope this helps
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by kinsbestyahoo: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
see how stupid you are even in public....you are a disgrace to humanity...GOSH
king lawal85: wen him been dey lick ur toto, two ears no hear am o! Nw wey d result na mouth odour, e don turn national issue. Women eh!

3 Likes

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by leksgcfr(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Macelliot:
Half a loaf is better than none.
You only commented to tell others who have said something more soluble than yours, that the solutions they gave are not credited. Let me classify You as a "pot that calls the kettle black."

You find it hard to comprehend words. How did my statement above make me a pot name-calling? Did I proffer any solution? Would you truly advise that the victim in question (assuming he were your brother) take to using a sponge or an iron to cure his ailment? The rule is simple: if you don't know, simply say , I will get back to you or seek opinion of the expert and stop ranting. Besides, by you making the above comment, are you better off the Pot? Get wisdom, my brother, and stop advertising your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Goodcare(m): 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
Tell him to add a stick of alo vera with his toothbrush and bruch (ma-clean must be included
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by PassionD(f): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
Splendid7: Our moderators pls move this to the front page.
Which-one-is-front-page-again.-Is-dis-not-front-page-or-is-there-another-front-page?Pls-someone-should-clarify.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by hamsky: 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
This in the medical field is called halitosis. I know two people who have the same problem. Something I know they do quite often is brush after each meal and I think it helps a lot. Using mouth wash regularly when you start noticing the smell is also good because it washes off any food particle in you mouth and keeps it fresh. She could also keep some sugar free mint or chewing gum with her all the time just in case she can't get hold of her toothbrush or mouthwash.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
you have two options, you either kiss the mouth of a new born infant or a Girrafe mouth and all will be well
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by stevecantrell: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Chronic mouth odor is usually as a result of a chronic habit. Smoking, spicy foods, alcohol etc.
When its due to none of these, look out for rotten teeth, oral or lung abscess, and most commonly Periodontal Disease (gums and base of the teeth).

See a dentist.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by Sike(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
mc~evans:
Mouth Odour (Bad breath) Natural Remedy

INGREDIENTS: honey, lime.
PREPARATION: Mix honey with lime juice together.
DOSAGE: Wash your mouth with the mixture, 2 times daily (morning and night always) .
Nice one but I really love honey tho.
Re: Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. by olisaokere(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
Chronic halitosis is not well understood by most physicians and dentists, so effective treatment is not always easy to find. The following strategies may be suggested:

Gently cleaning the tongue surface twice daily is the most effective way to keep bad breath in control; that can be achieved using a tooth brush, tongue cleaner or tongue brush/scraper to wipe off the bacterial biofilm, debris, and mucus. An inverted teaspoon may also do the job. Scraping or otherwise damaging the tongue should be avoided, and scraping of the V-shaped row of taste buds found at the extreme back of the tongue should also be avoided. Brushing a small amount of antibacterial mouth rinse or tongue gel onto the tongue surface will further inhibit bacterial action.

Eating a healthy breakfast with rough foods helps clean the very back of the tongue.
Chewing gum: Since dry-mouth can increase bacterial buildup and cause or worsen bad breath, chewing sugarless gum can help with the production of saliva, and thereby help to reduce bad breath. Chewing may help particularly when the mouth is dry, or when one cannot perform oral hygiene procedures after meals (especially those meals rich in protein). This aids in provision of saliva, which washes away oral bacteria, has antibacterial properties and promotes mechanical activity which helps cleanse the mouth. Some chewing gums contain special anti-odor ingredients. Chewing on fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, mastic gum, or fresh parsley are common folk remedies.

Gargling right before bedtime with an effective mouthwash (see below). Several types of commercial mouthwashes have been shown to reduce malodor for hours in peer-reviewed scientific studies. Mouthwashes may contain active ingredients that are inactivated by the soap present in most toothpastes. Thus it is recommended to refrain from using mouthwash directly after toothbrushing with paste (also see mouthwashes, below).

Maintaining proper oral hygiene, including daily tongue cleaning, brushing, flossing, and periodic visits to dentists and hygienists. Flossing is particularly important in removing rotting food debris and bacterial plaque from between the teeth, especially at the gumline. Dentures should be properly cleaned and soaked overnight in antibacterial solution (unless otherwise advised by one's dentist).

Probiotic treatments, specifically Streptococcus salivarius K12 has been claimed to suppress malodorous bacteria growth, however well designed randomised control clinical trails are needed to assess this. Certainly there is more evidence for mechanical tongue cleansing and to a lesser extent specific antimicrobial mouthwashes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bride-To-Be Dies 3 Hours To Her Wedding In Katsina (Photos) / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos) / Friends Mourn Pretty Young Lady Who Died Two Days After Giving Birth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.