Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

How Will U Answer This Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Will U Answer This Question? (1057 Views)

What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? / How Will U Answer These Interview Questions / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will U Answer This Question? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 19, 2008
When ur prospective employer asks u if u have any questions for them, what would be the most appropriate response?
Guys, over to you.
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by moj5(m): 3:10pm On May 19, 2008
i tink u shud ask 4 their names. sum tink lyk "may i knw u guys (bt in a formal manner).
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by Nobody: 7:02am On May 20, 2008
@ moj5
don't u think asking 4 their names almost @ d end of d interview is off point especially when they would have introduced themselves @ the start?
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by 702: 9:28am On May 20, 2008
Asking 4 promo offers n others is quite messed up cuz u gotta 2 b conversant wiv their profile, managmnt board, product n services , their latest stuffs available, all on their site b4 u go 4 ur interV. Askin of their name is good if only they dint tell u theirs.
Itz better to tell them you have got nufin rily. wink
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by bilcosbi: 1:48pm On May 20, 2008
eg. if it is a bank interview, just say this and you are done "so how does it feel like being a banker?" ask the same thing for other sectors.
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by SweetT1: 2:10pm On May 20, 2008
akyns:

When your prospective employer asks u if u have any questions for them, what would be the most appropriate response?
Guys, over to you.

Don't you dare ask them anything about pay or promotion. The question is a trap and if you fall into it, you are in trouble !!! The question is a ploy by the interviewer for you to sell yourself. Interviewers usually ask that question at the end of the interview.

Instead, tell them that they seemed to have answer all of the question you had the moment. But ask them if you can make a comment? if they allow you, then they want you to sell yourself !! Tell them this.

" I appreciate the opportunity you gave me to interview for this position and i really appreciate the time given me to present my case. I know there are a lot more candidates behind me coming for the interview and there were more before me. some of them may have more experiences and qualifications more than me and some of them don't. But i feel like I'm the best candidate for this job! I'm a team player, i work well with people and I'm willing to learn and grow with this great organization. I'm very diplomatic and always strive to achieve my goal. No one amongst this other candidates is willing to learn and experience growth with this organization as i do. I am an achiever and if given the opportunity i will not disappoint you ladies and gentlemen. Thank you so much for the interview".

Now don't forget to shake their hands and look at them in their eyes as the interview wraps up.
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by arshy(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2008
just ask them how they are surviving the competition. Thats all, they will tell u stories, and u would want to tell them to stop. U can bet me
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 20, 2008
Sweet T:

" I appreciate the opportunity you gave me to interview for this position and i really appreciate the time given me to present my case. I know there are a lot more candidates behind me coming for the interview and there were more before me. some of them may have more experiences and qualifications more than me and some of them don't. But i feel like I'm the best candidate for this job! I'm a team player, i work well with people and I'm willing to learn and grow with this great organization. I'm very diplomatic and always strive to achieve my goal. No one amongst this other candidates is willing to learn and experience growth with this organization as i do. I am an achiever and if given the opportunity i will not disappoint you ladies and gentlemen. Thank you so much for the interview".

@ Sweet T
Now, that's quite a mouthful, especially after I must have killed myself tryin to please them!
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by tboy1(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2008
Tell them during the interview all the questions you wanted to ask was already answered.
Also it depends on what type of company/job it is- What's the job title?
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 20, 2008
@ tboy
It's a finance related position!
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by SweetT1: 8:55pm On May 20, 2008
arshy:

just ask them how they are surviving the competition. Thats all, they will tell u stories, and u would want to tell them to stop. You can bet me

@Poster

Don't you dare ask about money,promotion or competitors. Trust me i know what i;m talking about. Most employers wants someone who can close the deal at the end of an interview. And that's why they ask that question last. Employers resent Mr Know-it-all candidates. Especially, a profitable organization wants you to sell yourself. Before they ask you that question, they must have already asked you some company-related questions and that's when you should have hinted them about your knowledge of the company and competitors. Be calm, collected and make eye contact. Also shake their hands very firmly when leaving. . Goodluck.
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 20, 2008
Thx Sweet T, I've done the interview already.
And I must confess, when it got to that part, I was too shy to ask any Q's so I told them I had none.
I'm only just wondering if it was the ryte response.
Re: How Will U Answer This Question? by moj5(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2008
sum1 said askin 4 their names is off point bt i kan tell u that must tyms they dont even tell u their names 4rm the onset. mo'so,a dude was lyk u shud ask them abt promotnal stuff,well i strongly disagree.
i quess in my best opinion,u shud ask them wat u think is important abt the org that u dnt really know.it shud be short n brief n leave evn if their answers is nt suitable coz then aint gonna spend the whole day on u.
so askin long n unnecessary questn, n along tin!

(1) (Reply)

Smart Marketing Executives Wanted / Ever Heard Of 'officemakers International Limited', A Consulting Firm? Urgent! / Has Chevron Ever Called You? Pls Drop A Line Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.