Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Truth About Horoscopes! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Horoscopes! (855 Views)

Anything Wrong With Reading HOROSCOPES? / Do You Believe In Horoscopes? If Yes, Then Here's The 2015 Horoscope For You. / Horoscopes -believes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Horoscopes! by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Horoscopes? Are You Serious?
by Lary R. Hale

It amazes me what I have learned in recent years, regarding how so many professing believers in Jesus, mostly people who have been baptized with the holy Ghost; that give regard unto astrology and horoscopes. I mean I really am amazed to find out that so many people actually consider these things to be somehow acceptable to observe along with faith in Christ. Someone hasn’t been reading the Bible, or not believing what they have read. “Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail. Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it" (Isa. 47:12-14). Now that’s Bible my friend. “Astrologers" and “stargazers" are pointedly referenced here, along with “monthly prognosticators," all of which are just various ways of saying the the same thing; and they are not referenced in a favorable way by the Lord, but much rather to the contrary. Didn’t catch that? Read it again! God plainly said that these people will be devoured by fire. That’s not good my friend. It’s bad. Real bad! These kinds of people were also grouped together in the above passage with “enchantments" and “sorceries," which things have always been forbidden by God for his people to be partakers of as well. Some of the things in this passage should sound real familiar. You see, there have been monthly horoscopes and “prognosticators" of them around for a long time, and they have always been an abomination to God, and still are. God hasn’t changed who he is or what he loves and hates. He also spoke to his people through Jeremiah of these things: “Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them" (Jer. 10:2). If the people were “dismayed" at the “signs of heaven," it’s certain that they were also encouraged by them at times when those signs pointed to good things for them. No wonder there are so many rebukes by God in the scriptures for his people worshiping the “host of heaven." If you’re looking to something other than God for guidance, and are following after something other than his Spirit, you are guilty of worhsiping whatever it is you are giving that regard to (Jer. 8:2; Isa. 8:19; Jn. 16:13; Rom. 8:14). 

A friend of my son had an experience several years ago that confirms what the Bible has to say about observing astrology, horoscopes, and the like. My son was told by the young man’s brother that he was depressed, so my son called him and talked to him to see if he could help. My son suggested to him to pray to Jesus for help with his situation, not having been told what he was depressed about. The young man believed that there is a God, but he was not a Bible reader and didn’t believe in Jesus being God’s Son. Nevertheless my son was able to convince him to try praying sincerely to Jesus, still not knowing what his problem was. The next time my son talked to him, about a week and a half later, he told my son about the experience he had. He had taken my son’s advice and prayed sincerely to Jesus about his problem. As it turned out, his problem was that he and a girlfriend that he was dating had conflicting astrological signs, and he was “dismayed" at this, as mentioned above from Jeremiah. Now understand that he knew nothing about anything in the Bible regarding these things, and had not told my son the nature of the problem that had him depressed. Anyway after praying to the Lord about this issue, he was given a vision by God, in which he was instructed to pay no heed or attention to any kind of astrology, horoscopes, or any such thing. And after this revelation he was relieved and his depression was lifted, and he heeded the vision. Now that is a real testimony my friend, and it lines up perfectly with what has been stated from the Bible in this short writing. There is nothing left to say, except please don’t allow yourself to be seduced by the mysterious intrigue of these devlish practices that the unbelieving world looks to for guidance. Amen.

Original Post at By One Spirit Ministries Facebook page October 16, 2011

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Horoscopes! by bobbyL(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2013
Very true.
Re: The Truth About Horoscopes! by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2013
bobby.L:
Very true.
Yeah! But many are yet to wake up to this reality!

(1) (Reply)

Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? / What Does The Bible Say About Atheists ? / Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.