Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? (857 Views)

Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / The Year God Died / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
A great question. An illustration will help answer it.

Let's say we have a vase. It has no flowers, no water in it. It is merely full of air. What is the difference between the air outside the vase and the air inside the vase? The air inside the vase has shape, right? It is the same air in composition, but the air inside the vase has shape.

If we take that vase and smash it against the wall, what happens to the air inside of it? Does it die? No, air cannot die. The vase can be in thousands of pieces, but nothing happens to the air, except lose its shape.

When Jesus died on the cross, his body died, but the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of God never dies. God took on the form of man, in Jesus. He took on the shape of man, but Jesus was never only man.

On the cross, Jesus paid for our sin and removed the barrier that stood between us and him. Because of his death, we can be at peace with God. Though we were guilty, the justice of God was fully met by Jesus, the Lamb of God who suffered for us. And the love of God was fully expressed in that Jesus willingly laid down his life for us.

You may say, "That's not fair." And you're right. We don't deserve Jesus' dying for us. But this was God's solution for us. Do we tell God how it must be?

Jesus paid our penalty of death, so that we would not need to die for our sins. He wants us to come into relationship with him, to know his love, and to have eternal life.

One more story. A true story, to help you understand what Jesus did for us.

There was a righteous judge who would not take bribes. He was just. Honest. A lady was caught and brought before him. The penalty she might have to pay was a life sentence or a huge sum of money which she did not have.

The judge asked her, "Are you guilty or not?"
And she cried out, "Your honor, I cannot pay the sentence. I cannot pay the money. Please have mercy on me."
The judge said, "I am asking you, 'Are you guilty or not? Do you confess?'"
Finally the young lady said, "Your honor, yes, I am guilty."
He said, "Then you pay the price. Life sentence or the sum of money." And he closed the case.
She starts screaming and wailing, and they dragged her out of the courtroom to prison. The judge took off the robe, and walked out of the court. He then walked to the treasury. And right there at the treasury, he paid all the money he had and paid the ransom for that girl. Why? Because he loved the girl very much. She was his daughter. And he redeemed his daughter himself, with everything he had.

When the judge took off his robe, he became like any other man. And that's exactly what Jesus did. He left heaven, took off the robe of glory, and became like any other man. And he died for us, so our sins would no longer condemn us and keep us eternally separated from God.

All the prophets said that Jesus would come and die for the sins of the world. Jesus is the only hope for mankind to have eternal life.

Back at the beginning with Adam and Eve, God told Satan that an offspring of a woman would crush Satan's head, and mankind would be redeemed. Jesus' death and resurrection overcame the power of Satan. Jesus overcame sin, death, and our separation from God...delivering a crushing blow to Satan

Source: http://www.everystudent.com/wires/jesusislam.html#5
Re: Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by enilove(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2013
Did Jesus Christ not say that he has a Father in heaven who is greater than him?

We can read many references in d bible stating clearly that Jesus is not the Almighty Jehovah God

I want us to read the references below:

Matthew 12:11-21 KJV
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? [12] How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. [13] Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. [14] Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. [15] But when Jesus knew it , he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; [16] And charged them that they should not make him known: [17] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, [18] Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. [19] He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. [20] A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. [21] And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Isaiah 42:1 KJV
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Even Moses referred to Jesus as a messanger of God.

There is also a revelation of heaven where d throne of God was described and more to clearly explain to a true and honest christian that God Almighty,the Father of our Lord Jesus, is an a diff Personality from Jesus Christ:
Revelation 5:1-13 KJV
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. [2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? [3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. [5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. [6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. [7] And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. [8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. [9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; [10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. [11] And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; [12] Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. [13] And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Even though Jesus Christ is God, since he is a son of God, he is not the Almighty God.

There are many muslms who are lost because of this simple error of saying God Almighty was d one crucified on the cross.
Re: Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
“There are many muslms who are lost because of this simple error of saying God Almighty was d one crucified on the cross.”

Lol. You are wrong sir. We do not care whatever your distorted Bible say. Because we are not even talking of God Almighty being crucified, but that, God told us prophet Jesus never got crucified. The Quran clearly teaches that Jesus did not die by crucifixion:

"And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger -they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain". S. 4:157 Pickthall

Indeed Christians follow nothing but a ‘conjecture!’. They have no certain knowledge as regards what happen to their supposed ‘saviour’.
Re: Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by enilove(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Zarian5: “There are many muslms who are lost because of this simple error of saying God Almighty was d one crucified on the cross.”

Lol. You are wrong sir. We do not care whatever your distorted Bible say. Because we are not even talking of God Almighty being crucified, but that, God told us prophet Jesus never got crucified. The Quran clearly teaches that Jesus did not die by crucifixion:

"And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger -they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain". S. 4:157 Pickthall

Indeed Christians follow nothing but a ‘conjecture!’. They have no certain knowledge as regards what happen to their supposed ‘saviour’.

It is left to you to believe the bible or the quran. But simple reasoning would tell you that if mr "A" grew up in a particular city and spent about 34 yrs in that city with a great fame and was well known,there is no way people can mistook him for someone else.Those that crucified him were not blind.

Is it possible for you to follow and believe a liar?
After Jesus death his disciples continued to spread the gospel and almost all of them died in d process.
If they knew Jesus was not killed, how would they be ready to die for d same course their master ran away from.

Also, is it d report of an eye witness you would believe or d report of someone who lived 550 years after d incident?

That assertion from d quran indicates clearly that d "quran" is ........ only God knows.
Definitely we are not worshipping or serving d same God.

If d quran could command a man ( muhammed ) to marry his son's wife, how could a sane person believe such a book except he is spiritually blind.

The devil is not a fool , he would make a doctors or professors to even believe that God does not exist. He has blinded them spiritually and he has directed about 50% in a wrong religion. And majority of those in d right religion are not worhipping God in truth and in spirit but after their selfish lust.

God gave Moses the power to perform miracles signs and wonders like the separation of d red sea etc.
God gave Jesus Christ power signs and wonders like raising d dead, casting out devils, restoring d sight of d blind etc. These signs were wonders that only God could perform and were given for people to believe in God.
What signs and wonders did muhammed perform.
He just gathered wives and fighting of wars to subdue the innocents. He killed many for his god. Why must d Islam be spread through violence if truly he was called by God. Christianity was not spread by violence and killings of innocents. Why cant Islam or muhammed allow his god to show his power c/o signs and wonders for people to willingly accept him as god?

Nokia and other original hand sets were first developed b4 d chinese started producing fakes.
Some books of d bible had been in existence for over 3,000 years b4 quran. The bible itself had been compiled over 400 years b4 quran.
So please stop telling us what d quran states.
I was also a muslim like you and I believed all d lies in d quran until I was enlightened by some christians.
Despite that I prayed to God my Creatror to show me the right way and God gave me some revelations regarding who Jesus Christ is and that without him no man can make heaven.

Part of d revelations informed me that Jesus is not equal to Abraham or any prophet. He is God to all d prophets because he is the son of God Almighty.

I want you to pray to God to show you where muhammed is right now.
If you do not pray, you will end up where he is right now.

Muhammed was not called by God. That is to summarise it all.

It is d muslims that do not know that they are following a sat anic prophet.
That quran is d book of d de...vil.

2 Likes

Re: Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by 4C2215131: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hardly needs a degree in space science to decipher the mystery,that is if you subscribe to the Tinity doctrine.
Re: Since Jesus Is God And He Died On A Cross, Does It Mean God Died For 3 Days? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2013
The major problem is that none of the authors of your Gospels was an eye witnesses to the so-called crucifixion. As a matter of fact, all the authors of NT are anonymous except Paul. Even Paul himself many Biblical scholars did not believe he was the one that wrote all the letters attributed to him. Many believed he wrote only 7, others were written by some of his followers. In any case even if Paul really wrote them, he was not in a position to tell us what happened to Jesus because he never met Jesus. Paul was just an imposter, a liar and deceiver who hijacked and corrupted the teachings of Jesus and started a new religion (Christianity) which Jesus never came to do.

The real disciples of Jesus disagreed with Paul over his strange teachings. They did not believed Jesus was crucified. The Gospel of Barnabas did confirm this. The Gospel of Barnabas is perhaps the only writing of any of the real disciples that has survived destruction by Pauline christianity.

Like i said above none of the authors of the NT was an eyewitnes. As for the Quran it was just a confirmation of what the real disciples and their earliest followers believed. The issue of the Quran coming 600 years after Jesus and therefore not an an evidence is just rubbish. God is watching over all the affairs of mankind since the beginning. He knew what happened to Jesus. He is the best eyewitness. He revealed the Quran to His last prophet to expose the lies of his enemies among the people of old which he did.

As regards your claim that ‘we are not worshipping or serving d same God’, it is just a usual excuse given by many christians because the Quran did not agree with their Biblical lies. If you think we don't worship the same God, why did you say muslims are lost because some christians say it was God Almighty that was crucified on the cross?

‘If d quran could command a man ( muhammed ) to marry his son's wife, how could a sane person believe such a book except he is spiritually blind.’

Muhammad did not marry his son's ex-wife. Muhammad only adopted Zaid but he was never his son. The fact that you did not know this simple fact is enough to show your ignorance of your former religion (if you are really an ex-muslim), and that you are nothing but a victim of missionary deception! Another thing that uncovers your hypocrisy is why did you accept as ‘word of God’ a book that said prophet Abraham married his own step sister? A book that says prophet Lot had sex with his own daughters? A book that says Jesus referred to his non-jewish neighbours (gentiles) as dogs? etc You all believed these countless rubbish as God's word, yet you rejected the Quran because it says Muhammad married his adopted son's ex-wife? What kind of hypocrisy is that?

(1) (Reply)

Could These Gun Men Be Pastors? They Quote The Bible So Well To Support Themselv / Use Of Salt By C.A.C And C.C.C Is Demonic / Pastor Oyahkilome And Controversies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.