Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43541 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by eagleeye2: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
wasiudvd: I do not know how many lawmakers thery have in river's house, but according to the news "5 pro JEG lawmakers vs 23 pro Ameachi lawmakers". So how can there be impeachment?
Didn't you follow the NGF saga? the less the number (and with GEJ's backing) the more voice/vote you have.
Na Naija thingz..

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by MiloRambaldi(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
sazycul: Na who hold stick for here?? This is a
shame to democracy. We urge all to pray
for peace.

Good question. Please who is the man in white and red hat beating someone with the mace? Is that really Chidi Lloyd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9P9nxNMA8
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pattey(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I know you are a staunch Amaechi buttlicker, but please present facts the way they are. This is a fight between Wike and Amaechi, don't rope GEJ into this local fight. Let Amaechi finish what he started.

Please explain wut U mean by Amaechi shoudl finish wut he started?

I'm trying to refrain from calling you an ignoramus so please explain.

Or wait, was it Wike fighting Amaechi over NGF? Oh! That's true, Wike is now an NGF member right? He's governor of Okrika land. . . Tssshhhhwwww

As for those talking about humility, it might interest you to know that our once dear lowly Jonathan is now an arrogant scum with excess wings.

Even if you claim he's not arrogant and his wife is responsible for her own actions, isn't he man enough to put her under control?

Loooong time ago, this woman berated Amaechi in Public! She even snatched micro-phone from him!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
Billionaires: One thing is certain, Rivers State House will never be the same again and Amaechi has gotten to a point of no return. He cant win this fight as far as he moved to the Legislative assembly to intervene in the scuffles of Legislatures cos of quest for self-preservation.
You can't be so sure of that. Amaechi is also fighting to protect his position. For goodness sake why would 5 lawmakers attempt to impeach the speaker and maybe the governor. GEJ, Wike and PEJ should leave Rivers state alone. They have been distracting our governor, now they want to cause mayhem, they would not succeed.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
FYI, Timi Alaibe, the NDDC chairman, and Ada George do not have any problems with Amaechi. Kenneth Kobani is in ACN, he is an ally of Abiye Sekibo.

Why did Sekibo leave ACN? because of Tinubu's romance with Amaechi. So WTF are you saying my dear?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by henroe2k2(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
I love the political doggedness of Amaechi. But, for his timely intenvention, the Mace would have gone into the hands of the pro-janathans. And that would hv been an outright impeachment for Amaechi by rivers state house of assembly. If that had happend he would have been counting his losses by now.
He was wise to have taken the mace to government house.
I guess GEJ would be speechless nw.
Lets see the next move from Gej nw that symbol of the authority of the house is with amaechi.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

http://leadership.ng/news/160613/jonathanamaechi-faceoff-dame-patience-relocates-port-harcourt

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/06/04/ateke-tom-at-war-with-gov-amaechi/

Former warlord – ex-leader of the Niger Delta Vigilance Movement,  Ateke Tom recently  led many protesters on the streets of Port Harcourt ,the Rivers State capital, asking Governor Rotimi Amaechi to resign. Though the protesters however claimed they were not sponsored, sources in the state are presently pointing fingers at the 1st Lady of Nigeria, Mrs. Jonathan, as the brain behind the sponsorship of the protest. Tom Ateke is said to have been aided by the first lady who will be delighted obviously if Amaechi is schemed out the office in the present plot against him. This is a result of the feud between Gov Amaechi and the Jonathans. It’s no longer secret that the first Lady is a not in good terms with the incumbent governor whom she had heated exchanged with on several occasions. The popular amongst their numerous fights was when the 1st Lady forcefully collected microphone from Amaechi. It was at Okrika, Mrs. Jonathan’s hometown, at public function where Amaechi   was a special guest of honour. Governor Amaechi who in his address  was listing some of the good things his government had done to the Okraka community. Gov Amaechi who visited Okrika, told the people of Okrika point-blank, that he would unfailingly demolish the waterfronts, rebuild it and sell to prospective buyers knowing the sensitivity to the issue of the demolition of the waterfronts to the Okrika people

Thank you jare. People should say the truth for goodness sake. Those militants were actually paid ten thousand naira each, they were cooked for. The police commissioner provided protection for them while they blocked the government house.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by MiloRambaldi(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
The wrong side and aggressor in this saga is the side the man in white and red cap belongs to in the video. Is he pro-Amaechi or anti?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Good question. Please who is the man in white and red hat beating someone with the mace? Is that really Chidi Lloyd?

Na wao , the guy on white get liver oo shocked. . . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pattey:

Please explain wut U mean by Amaechi shoudl finish wut he started?

I'm trying to refrain from calling you an ignoramus so please explain.

Or wait, was it Wike fighting Amaechi over NGF? Oh! That's true, Wike is now an NGF member right? He's governor of Okrika land. . . Tssshhhhwwww

As for those talking about humility, it might interest you to know that our once dear lowly Jonathan is now an arrogant scum with excess wings.

Even if you claim he's not arrogant and his wife is responsible for her own actions, isn't he man enough to put her under control?

Loooong time ago, this woman berated Amaechi in Public! She even snatched micro-phone from him!

I don't explain things to kids. Continue with your madness.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by abbeybanks(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: HOW RIVERS STATE SPEAKER RT. HON. DAN AMACHREE WAS IMPEACHED

The Rivers State lawmakers have impeached the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly Rt Hon Dan Amachree . A new Speaker Hon Evans Bipi has been elected .However, the Speaker Dan Amacree denied on phone that he has been impeached .We gathered that immediately the speakers was impeached the Assembly complex broke into choas and staff fled as members fought and blows were exchanged.

A group also attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staffs who fled claim Gov Ameachi himself stormed the house and took the mace. In an attempt to put a lid on the situation ,Leader of the house, Chidi Lyod has said via call that there was no impeachment but that there is heavy security at the complex, staffs have fled.

Memwhile the Rivers State Commissioner of Information, Mrs Ibim Seminitari has called on channels TV to give the governors side of the story on the issue. She claimed that while the house was about to begin it’s sitting and the speaker was exchanging pleasantries with other members, the leader of the Pro GEJ lawmakers, Evans frustrated with their inability to Impeach the governor walked up to him and started slapping him, to which the speaker fought back and a massive fight erupted in the chamber between Pro Ameachi and Pro GEJ lawmakers. And then some hoodlums hired by the Pro GEJ group according to her jumped in from the gallery and joined the fight attempting to collect the mace.

Upon hearing this from the government house which is a few blocks away from the assembly, the governour set off in his motorcade to the assembly with his security and when he arrived the fight intensified with Pro GEJ lawmakers throwing things at the governor. Cars were destroyed, their were injuries on both side. The commissioner said a full statement will be released on the incident.

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/07/09/how-rivers-state-speaker-rt-hon-dan-amachree-was-impeached/

@bolded cym-party ni from nigerians
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Alorotimi: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
state of emergency should be decleared by gej now in order to avoid state of anachy. This is another boko haram in gej state house.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunsky29(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Fidelcruiz: False rumour. Unconfirmed
whch 1 b rumor?abeg park wel make i c road.am a die hard riversian o.watchd d video n rstv n ait news mid aftarnun.so wat are u talkin abt.ewu.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by oddy4real(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
I just got this from an Eye witness on twitter.
AMAECHI IS NOT INNOCENT AFTERALL

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by tfolamy: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
Amaechi ur time don dey reach 2 live government ouse
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by eagleeye2: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Alo rotimi: state of emergency should be decleared by gej now in order to avoid state of anachy. This is another boko haram in gej state house.
For your mind bah?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
see all the touts wey dem carry make Honourable members.
How our democracy ends up settling for the lowest common denominator,baffles me.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Why did Sekibo leave ACN? because of Tinubu's romance with Amaechi. So WTF are you saying my dear?
Whatever the reason Sekibo left ACN is not the issue here, or are you saying Sekibo's problem with Amaechi is because Amaechis is romancing with Tinubu, would 'nt he rather be happy if the governor wants to join his party? Sekibo wants to be governor, Omehia wants to be governor, Wike wants to be governor, Opara wants to be governor. They should all wait till 2015 before they start fighting over themselves. For goodness sake, Mr Slimghost, as we used to say when we are children, say the truth and let the devil shame. What has Amaechi done to warrant impeachment? Is it lawful for 5 out 32 assembly members to impeach a speaker or the governor. If the other assembly members say we see no reason why Amaechi should be impeached, why is PEJ,GEJ and Wike still insisting he should be impeached? Are they the ones that voted him in? Has Amaechi not performed more than most PDP governors? Is it not right to call them enemies of the state?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunsky29(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
pls if ur nt a rivasian or a resident here.dont comment.jst watchd the video.the house jst da like thiefs enta da skata am da find money,wit blood evriwia,and speaker gave interview frm hospital bed.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ccwizard: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dat looks like chidi llyod.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pattey(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I don't explain things to kids. Continue with your madness.

ROTFL. . . If you're so old, I suggest you leave this thread and go customize your grave. . .

Enemies of Nigerian progress!. . . All of you that inherited terrible brains from the pit of hell are why Nigeria remains like this

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Ikpewe: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Amaechi kirikiri maximum prison the await you.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunsky29(m): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pattey:

ROTFL. . . If you're so old, I suggest you leave this thread and go customize your grave. . .

Enemies of Nigerian progress!. . . All of you that inherited terrible brains from the pit of hell are why Nigeria remains like this
smh
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Bunch of bullocks. That you are an Amaechi buttlicker dose not mean you should come here and embarrass yourself. I wouldn't want to indulge in a senseless back and forth argument with you but its a known FACT that Amaechi is not in good terms with all those people i listed. You can continue making up childish and laughable excuses for him but he really needs to check himself.

My guy, reason a little, he did not say they are in a romance with Amaechi, he has only listed reasons he believes they could be against Amaechi.

Please read the message and reply, and share your own knowledge with all of us.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by abu12: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I know you are a staunch Amaechi buttlicker, but please present facts the way they are. This is a fight between Wike and Amaechi, don't rope GEJ into this local fight. Let Amaechi finish what he started.

Are you a learner?
For the retard to accept a faction of the party in asshole rock lead by wike, Automatically give them matching order to carryout their plan 2day
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunsky29(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ikpewe: Amaechi kirikiri maximum prison the await you.
wats ds maga sayin.if ur'e here in riverz state,u wudnt b sayin ths.y wil he go 2 kirikiri?what abt odili my comunity man!.am nt ikwere or okrika or ogoni.am jst proudly riversian.bt watching this video and wt d manner they exchanged blows,i kw ths politicians wia once area boys.omo c uppercut stronga dan myk tyson'z own.
readonenaire: seen the video, pls who is the man in white cloth, red cap, and who is the man in suit he was bashing with the mace?
slimghost:

That's not my business. The truth is, because of the animosity between the two, Sekibo doesn't want him in ACN. Please don't delude yourself that Amaechi is a saint. ok?
dats d leader of the house.but he is in hospital nw.(d whyte cloth guy)as 4 d oda,i tink its 1 of the pro gej.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
Whatever the reason Sekibo left ACN is not the issue here, or are you saying Sekibo's problem with Amaechi is because Amaechis is romancing with Tinubu, would 'nt he rather be happy if the governor wants to join his party?

That's not my business. The truth is, because of the animosity between the two, Sekibo doesn't want him in ACN. Please don't delude yourself that Amaechi is a saint. ok?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by readonenaire(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
seen the video, pls who is the man in white cloth, red cap, and who is the man in suit he was bashing with the mace?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akainzo:

My guy, reason a little, he did not say they are in a romance with Amaechi, he has only listed reasons he believes they could be against Amaechi.

Please read the message and reply, and share your own knowledge with all of us.

The reason is because of his attitude. Amaechi sees himself as a demi-god in Rivers and most of these people find it difficult to have a good relationship with him. He is proud, arrogant and self centered. How can one man be fighting almost all the political heavy-weights in Rivers state? haba!!! Something is wrong with the man.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bensonite:
Everyone thought it was going to work keeping Wike at Abuja that was why for the first time Rivers people never protested that governor and minister from same tribe. Wike was instrumental to Amaechi victory but was also a burden to him. He ensures that the governor sign cheques, etc even if He met him on the road- no protocols at all. Wike is a grass root mobilizer and evil at heart but Amaechi attitude contributed to all this wahala. W[b]ith less talk and more good projects [/b]every rivers man would have willingly stood to fight for him .
Meanwhile, the anti- Amaechi group are already drinking and jubilating at todays drama as I write.
Be sincere to yourself, Amaechi has done well, in the area of roads, education, health, youth empowerment, employment etc. I make bold to say, I don't know of any other Rivers governor that has done these much. Do you know how much unemployment has reduced in Rivers state? Do you know how many Rivers youths are outside the contry for undergraduate and postgraduate studies? Do you know how many Rivers youths are in private companies gaining experience for 2 years while being paid stipend by the govt so that they can gain experience to apply for jobs. No governor has employed doctors and teachers like Amaechi has done. A good number of the roads have been recoated, dualised or being worked upon presently. There is virtually no community that has received a project, including that of the first lady and Evans.
They can jubilate and get drunk but they did not succeed and will never suceed in their bid to destabilise this state. Wike can NEVER be governor of Rivers state, no matter how hard he tries.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
abu12:

Are you a learner?
For the retard to accept a faction of the party in asshole rock lead by wike, Automatically give them matching order to carryout their plan 2day

Was he the court that sacked Ake? grow up please.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by funnyx(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Shame! Shame!! And shame!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Muhammad Ibrahim Is Dead (Planned Parenthood Executive Director) / If APC Wanted Nigeria To Work, Why Didn't They Bring Osinbajo - Peter Obi / Lagos APC Primary Turns Bloody, Party Chairman & Others Brutally Beaten (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.